VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.60F] [Purplehat Productions]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
...Apparently I completely missed the preview of your next VN in the last update because it's hidden in the "obnoxious links that nobody looks at" corner. I've played so many games that I always just tune that corner out. >.>
Well that's not good. You almost missed out. That begs the question, should the buitton be moved to say, the bottom middle of the screen?

And yes, in fact 0.48 may be ready by Monday.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Well that's not good. You almost missed out. That begs the question, should the buitton be moved to say, the bottom middle of the screen?

And yes, in fact 0.48 may be ready by Monday.
Nah, the fact that it's a button on the front page that has nothing to do with the game is enough to make me tune it out. What might actually work, however, is if you add a prompt to see it at the end of the current update. Or maybe just a mention of it. Something like, "That's all for this update. Check back later for a new version of the game. In the meantime, you can check out a preview of a future project by clicking the button marked 'whatever' on the home screen." Particularly if it's something that was newly added in that update, instead of something that's been sitting around on the home screen forever.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Nah, the fact that it's a button on the front page that has nothing to do with the game is enough to make me tune it out. What might actually work, however, is if you add a prompt to see it at the end of the current update. Or maybe just a mention of it. Something like, "That's all for this update. Check back later for a new version of the game. In the meantime, you can check out a preview of a future project by clicking the button marked 'whatever' on the home screen." Particularly if it's something that was newly added in that update, instead of something that's been sitting around on the home screen forever.
That's not a good idea IMO. You talk about skipping things you've seen many times before, well the end of update notices are very much in that category. I imagine a lot of people are like me, and when they reach the end of update message they just quit rather than going through it every time. I would expect that's far more common than people ignoring buttons on the main menu. If it needs moving at all then I'd say just put it in with the regular navigation screen.
screenshot0001.jpg

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
That's not a good idea IMO. You talk about skipping things you've seen many times before, well the end of update notices are very much in that category. I imagine a lot of people are like me, and when they reach the end of update message they just quit rather than going through it every time. I would expect that's far more common than people ignoring buttons on the main menu. If it needs moving at all then I'd say just put it in with the regular navigation screen.
View attachment 2006918
Uggggghhhh Now that is obnoxious... That's the in game menu equivalent of one of those pop up ads, that has the LOUD voice of a woman talking about a secret website that is so hardcore she can;t risk showing it to anyone else.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Uggggghhhh Now that is obnoxious... That's the in game menu equivalent of one of those pop up ads, that has the LOUD voice of a woman talking about a secret website that is so hardcore she can;t risk showing it to anyone else.
Yeah, it would fit better if all the menu buttons were imagebuttons rather than textbuttons, though I think it's fine where it is now, and don't think it really needs moving at all.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Mmm, enriching their lives verses molding what you want them to be... Good thing there will be other paths.

(And I wasn't sure about the heart eyes, but now I'm convinced. Just wait till you see them at higher resolution...)

mblele

Sep 16, 2020
played the first release on itchio had a lot of fun im happy the game is still getting updates looking forward to even more

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Can we have a flow chart of planned routes? or is that too early atm?
There is the 0.4x flow chart which shows most of the main routes. This will be updated to 0.5x when the time comes.

As for a chart of planned routes, that would be major spoiler heavy and may be subject to change.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Version 0.49 progress report:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh yes. For those of you who have been following Re Education for awhile, version 0.49 is taking us back to this room.

And we will be getting some more answers about Natalie.

Version 0.49 will advance the fanservice path to the end of Chapter... 4?! Yes indeed. You'll be getting two chapters in this update, plus an extra side path that can be accessed by letting Rachel go and selecting the new option when she's climbing the stairs.

Much of this progress boils down to the fact that the CG's needed for these paths were either already created or mostly created. However there are new scenes present as well. It has been a busy September for the hat!

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Calling all fans! Decide an ending!

With the release of Re Education 0.49, the Fanservice path is now playable to the end of Chapter 4, where Zach has a realization about the helmet he's been using.

This sets the stage for a decision to be made at the start of Chapter 5. Since this is the Fanservice chapter, the fans should have some say in what that decision is.

If you have played the new update, you can comment down below on what Zach should do, knowing what he now knows. If you have a good idea, it just might be used for the 0.50 update!

You will have until October 1st to comment.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Calling all fans! Decide an ending!

With the release of Re Education 0.49, the Fanservice path is now playable to the end of Chapter 4, where Zach has a realization about the helmet he's been using.

This sets the stage for a decision to be made at the start of Chapter 5. Since this is the Fanservice chapter, the fans should have some say in what that decision is.

If you have played the new update, you can comment down below on what Zach should do, knowing what he now knows. If you have a good idea, it just might be used for the 0.50 update!

You will have until October 1st to comment.
To be honest, there's still one big lingering question here that feels like it should be answered before making a solid decision. Namely...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Okay a lot to cover here let's see...

To be honest, there's still one big lingering question here that feels like it should be answered before making a solid decision. Namely...
So I read all that and I am not sure what the question you wanted to ask is. You did ask a question, but it doesn't seem related to the question you intended to ask.

Hey uhhh... No offense, but I feel like these paths would be more understandable if we had them going from the left to the right, like last time.
I will likely revise the flow chart for 0.50 to make it easier to understand.

Purplehat Productions
Reactions to 0.49:

Purplehat Productions
Reactions to 0.49:

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes