• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.60F] [Purplehat Productions]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I got a couple of scenes into the latest update, and I just had to stop. What the fuck does our guy think he's doing? Has he lost his god-damn mind?! After the way Rachel treated him last time, she then demands he destroy the helmet, and instead of punishing her he actually does it?!

MoolaMoona1

Jan 1, 2019
So, fun story... The game doesn't launch anymore. I tried redownloading it, deleting cache in %appdata%... Nope.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
So, fun story... The game doesn't launch anymore. I tried redownloading it, deleting cache in %appdata%... Nope.
Without knowing more about your system there isn't much the hat can do to help your issue.

First and foremost: The only official source for Re Education is the Purplehat Productions itch.io page. If you downloaded the game from one of the links here, the hat cannot be sure what you're really playing.

Now, assuming you have the official version:

Re Education is a standard Ren'Py game made with Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266 So you can try googling that version number and your issue and see what you find.

Alternately you can try another Ren'Py game and see if that runs. That would help narrow down if it's the software or your system.

And you can try the game on another computer to narrow down if it's your computer or a bad download.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I got a couple of scenes into the latest update, and I just had to stop. What the fuck does our guy think he's doing? Has he lost his god-damn mind?! After the way Rachel treated him last time, she then demands he destroy the helmet, and instead of punishing her he actually does it?!
Well good news! You don't have to play that ending again. That path branch is now complete.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Reactions to 0.44:
I pushed through the rest for completeness sake, but I can't really overstate how much I hate this update. Such a shame, I was liking this path so much earlier on.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
You realize that there are markers for multiple future path splits, including in this update, and that the current ending is specifically for choosing to take that path, right? And if memory serves, I think he said there was a poll on Subscribestar or something for which of those choices to take. (Unfortunately I can't verify since there's apparently an issue with Hat's Subscribestar page, or perhaps Subscribestar overall, preventing non-subscribers from even seeing recent posts.) So that answers "what the hell went wrong," as you put it.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
After feedback on SubscribeStar (And yes there is an issue with new posts not showing up in public) the hat has decided that Chapter 5 and the Chloe ending for this path will get a bit of a rewrite.

There are some things that need to be clarified about why Zach chose not to punish Rachel, and why he destroyed the helmet. This is the hat's mea culpa as it is still getting used to being employed and having less time to work on Re Education.

Throughout the month of May the hat:

Finished the Mistress Duna webcomic.
Started work at its new job
Worked on this game
Made art assets for the cemetary ending
Hunted for fititng music for that ending.

That was a lot of stuff in a relatively short amount of time.

However, the hat has now realized its mistake and the next update will clarify why Zach took the actions he took as well as more on what happened with him afterwards.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Re Education 0.4x Path flow chart:

As of Version 0.4x, Re Education has three main paths and one ending that can be accessed from the first menu in the game.

The hat has decided to put together a simple flowchart that will show you what path you have selected.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In time, the hat will also release individual flowcharts for the main paths. This will happen once those paths have multiple branches.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021

What's this? A new update? Well, yes, but it's a tiny update, so the hat's not going to update the OP for this.

Version 0.45 changes and adds some text to better clarify why Zach chose to forgive Rachel and destroy the helmet in the newest ending. There is also additional dialog for Chloe in the cemetery, detailing how Zach is working with Rachel.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hey hat. I was talking to someone else who was having issues with their Subscribestar, and they mentioned that the post that was stuck as their most recent one was one that they had pinned. Was that the case with the one that was shown as most recent for you? If not (or even if so), what was the date on it? I can't double check now since you apparently found a workaround.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Hey hat. I was talking to someone else who was having issues with their Subscribestar, and they mentioned that the post that was stuck as their most recent one was one that they had pinned. Was that the case with the one that was shown as most recent for you? If not (or even if so), what was the date on it? I can't double check now since you apparently found a workaround.
The issue is that SubscribeStar had a falling out with a third party and has to manually update posts.

At least that is what they said to the hat.

The hat smells shenanigans, but the workaround is to just email tech support so they can manually update the page.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The issue is that SubscribeStar had a falling out with a third party and has to manually update posts.

At least that is what they said to the hat.

The hat smells shenanigans, but the workaround is to just email tech support so they can manually update the page.
All posts? Like, are they working on a solution, or are they expecting to be stuck that way? Because, y'know, that's kind of a business-killing issue. By which I mean "the entire business", not "they're going to lose some people's business". Definitely sounds like something that should be made clear to all Subscribestar users, and I've heard virtually nobody talking about this. The other person I brought it up to didn't even know their posts hadn't been showing for the past three months.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
All posts? Like, are they working on a solution, or are they expecting to be stuck that way? Because, y'know, that's kind of a business-killing issue. By which I mean "the entire business", not "they're going to lose some people's business". Definitely sounds like something that should be made clear to all Subscribestar users, and I've heard virtually nobody talking about this. The other person I brought it up to didn't even know their posts hadn't been showing for the past three months.
According to them, yes, all posts.

And the hat would have left SubscribeStar by now because of this gross incompetence, but that would mean losing out on the revenue...

Oh fun fact SubscribeStar's phone number is just an automated voice telling you to email them, and they initially went months before answering the hat's emails.

Feb 8, 2019
The "Fanservice Path" is REALLY a path to behold. (Hoping a harem path with Chloe, Kylie and perhaps even Natalie connected to this... hell maybe even more girls?? Heh:sneaky::cool:) Submissive gals is the way to go for me, not much a fan of fem domme genres, "Too Each Their Own" as they say.

but regarding the "True Hypnosis Path". I somewhat agree on the other comments the purplehat's fans had too say. while the lesson in the path is great and enlightening, it feels also a bit under whelming. but nothing too hard too be remedy at. I remember this is the path I was waiting for before but... hmm :oops:

Perhaps a choice regarding in the "True Hypnosis Path" where Zach DOES punishes Rachel for her "betrayal" AND/OR uses the helmet on Chloe. or both?

Either way, REALLY NICE JOB on the new path. I'm excited to the point I'm following all of your pages just to see the news on "Fanservice Path".

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Perhaps a choice regarding in the "True Hypnosis Path" where Zach DOES punishes Rachel for her "betrayal" AND/OR uses the helmet on Chloe. or both?
I mean, unless I'm mistaken, there were "choice breaks" before each of those. If the game ever stops and asks you to click on a button that says what you're going to do next, that implies that the dev plans to let you choose more than one option in the future. And you can usually assume that the other option will be the opposite of the one already there.

Reactions: God Of Conquest
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes