VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.61] [Purplehat Productions]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Reactions to 0.40:
Thank you for your feedback. There is a reason why a menu appears while Zach is in Rachel's room. The hat will leave it up to the individual players what to think about the situation. However it's a good thought exercise on the nature of punishment, and how it can have the opposite effect.

When shunning and punishing somebody pushes them to more extreme acts, then you need to try something else.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I am impressed but confused. Can't really give this a bad rating, but I feel somewhat mislead, but thinking of it the only thing misleading me was my own expectations.

I came to an adult entertainment game with mind control and bondage. I expected sexy fun.
This game is neither of those. If you try to just mind control the girl you get horrible results. (ex: literally turn her into a braindead vegetable).

Instead you are guided into why mind control is bad, you get a story of feels and sadness
You would think it would be preachy, but instead of preaching to you this game actually shows you the negative consequences.
This is better than it sounds. But also not something I can enjoy, and certainly not something I can fap to.
I wish I could leave a review without a numerical score. As I can't really decide what an appropriate score would be for such a game.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I am impressed but confused. Can't really give this a bad rating, but I feel somewhat mislead, but thinking of it the only thing misleading me was my own expectations.

I came to an adult entertainment game with mind control and bondage. I expected sexy fun.
This game is neither of those. If you try to just mind control the girl you get horrible results. (ex: literally turn her into a braindead vegetable).

Instead you are guided into why mind control is bad, you get a story of feels and sadness
You would think it would be preachy, but instead of preaching to you this game actually shows you the negative consequences.
This is better than it sounds. But also not something I can enjoy, and certainly not something I can fap to.
I wish I could leave a review without a numerical score. As I can't really decide what an appropriate score would be for such a game.
Reasonably fair assessment, but keep in mind the game is less than 50% complete.

It is however complete enough that the game's core message is there:

"Even if a tool was made with evil intentions, it can be used for good or evil purposes."

Hypnosis is not inherently evil. Even the Re Education helmet, clearly made with ill intentions and dangerous in the wrong hands, is not inherently evil. So far it has been used for that, because people automatically think that such a thing should be used for evil...

However the "True hypnosis" path is the start of the hypnotic fun, and the start of realizing what other uses the helmet has.

• Angry
Reactions: iron4doves

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Thank you for your feedback. There is a reason why a menu appears while Zach is in Rachel's room. The hat will leave it up to the individual players what to think about the situation. However it's a good thought exercise on the nature of punishment, and how it can have the opposite effect.
After choosing to hear her explanation I'm not satisfied with it, and still want to punish her. :devilish:

gfdsf565

Jul 25, 2019
Interesting game. I wish there was some indication of what leads to what route, rather than having to restart and guess easy playthrough.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Interesting game. I wish there was some indication of what leads to what route, rather than having to restart and guess easy playthrough.
You know, that might be a good idea. Or it might not. There are pros, and cons.

Spelling out what option selects which route would help with an initial playthrough, but it also would take some of the surprise out of it, and hurt the replayability.

Maybe the hat will create a flowchart for those who want it.

iron4doves

Dec 28, 2018

it's not your fault, dev is actively reporting reviews on this game that talk to this, and site admins seem to be supporting that notion and deleting them

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
it's not your fault, dev is actively reporting reviews on this game that talk to this, and site admins seem to be supporting that notion and deleting them
mrttao is quite capable of leaving a review. You may also note, especially since you facepalmed the hat's reply to them, that the hat called mrttao's post a reasonably fair assessment.

The hat wonders if you have reading difficulties, because a game whose opening screen states that it's not a typical adult game, has you upset that the game is not a typical adult game.

You also seem to have misread mrttao's post, as he wanted to leave a review without a numerical score, not that he was incapable of leaving a review.

Last edited:
  • Angry

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Sorry about the confusion. But to clarify.
I did not mean "I am forbidden by mods" from leaving a review.

I meant that I do not think I am capable of giving a fair numerical score to this game, thus I am choosing to not leave a review.
I was wishing the site allowed me to post a score-less review, but since all reviews must come with a numerical score I am choosing not to make it an official review.

iron4doves

Dec 28, 2018
yeah I just meant that if you were to leave one, it would just get deleted anyways, so you don't really have a choice - sounds like you don't really care for the choice anyways, but your comment very much begs the question why dev hasn't done anything to prevent players wasting their time on something they're not interested in

Last edited:

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
yeah I just meant that if you were to leave one, it would just get deleted anyways, so you don't really have a choice - sounds like you don't really care for the choice anyways, but your comment very much begs the question why dev hasn't done anything to prevent players wasting their time on something they're not interested in
You mean like a disclaimer screen right at the start that states the game isn't typical?

Also, as noted before, the game is less than 50% complete. So you've seen less than half the picture.

• Angry

lop333

Game Developer
Dec 27, 2019
You mean like a disclaimer screen right at the start that states the game isn't typical?

Also, as noted before, the game is less than 50% complete. So you've seen less than half the picture.
Please dev for the love of all that is perverted let players be fucked up pschos or atleast create a route for those that dont "just another bad" just because they want to use the helmet in a morally wrong way.

Reactions: Grimm96

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Please dev for the love of all that is perverted let players be fucked up pschos or atleast create a route for those that dont "just another bad" just because they want to use the helmet in a morally wrong way.
Actually...

That's exactly what the hat has in mind.

The main characters have been well established now. You can play through various scenarios, and even get a taste of what it's like to brainwash all three of them!

But what about those menus in the "True Hypnosis" path that haven't been completed yet? Could that be the next path? The path where Zach embraces the control he now has over Rachel...

Reactions: lop333

lop333

Game Developer
Dec 27, 2019
Actually...

That's exactly what the hat has in mind.

The main characters have been well established now. You can play through various scenarios, and even get a taste of what it's like to brainwash all three of them!

But what about those menus in the "True Hypnosis" path that haven't been completed yet? Could that be the next path? The path where Zach embraces the control he now has over Rachel...
Thank you hat, you are a wise hat indeed

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes