VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.61] [Purplehat Productions]

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I mean, unless I'm mistaken, there were "choice breaks" before each of those. If the game ever stops and asks you to click on a button that says what you're going to do next, that implies that the dev plans to let you choose more than one option in the future. And you can usually assume that the other option will be the opposite of the one already there.
What he said.

There will be a harem ending, at some point, buuuut, slight spoiler for a future version, you don't want Natalie.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
What he said.

There will be a harem ending, at some point, buuuut, slight spoiler for a future version, you don't want Natalie.

For some people, you have not yet provided a reason for why they wouldn't want her. I'm kinda surprised, though. I kind of figured she'd be a mirror of the protagonist. That is, she reacted to his comment without thinking thanks to her own experiences and assumptions, causing her to ruin his life without considering what it would actually do to him. Then that warped his own perspective and caused him to lash out at someone else, potentially ruining her life without considering what it would actually do to her. The cycle of assumptions and toxicity, and all that. Unless being a mirror to Zach *is* what you're referring to... which would be a fair point.

By the way, I heard that something was happening about an artist and another project of yours or something? Is there anything to say about that, or is it a strictly "only for Patrons to know for now" thing?

Last edited:

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
For some people, you have not yet provided a reason for why they wouldn't want her. I'm kind surprised, though. I kind of figured she'd be a mirror of the protagonist. That is, she reacted to his comment without thinking thanks to her own experiences and assumptions, causing her to ruin his life without considering what it would actually do to him. Then that warped his own perspective and caused him to lash out at someone else, potentially ruining her life without considering what it would actually do to her. The cycle of assumptions and toxicity, and all that. Unless being a mirror to Zach *is* what you're referring to... which would be a fair point.

By the way, I heard that something was happening about an artist and another project of yours or something? Is there anything to say about that, or is it a strictly "only for Patrons to know for now" thing?
The hat is putting out feelers for an artist for a new project. Simply put the money being made on SubscribeStar is being reserved to pay this artist.

Speaking of SubscribeStar, the post updating seems to be fixed.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Speaking of SubscribeStar, the post updating seems to be fixed.
How recent was this? Because another dev recently (around July 11) mentioned that their problem had gotten *worse*, to the point that they were literally not given the option to make a post publicly. Some other people were speculating that certain creators had been effectively shadow-banned, and that Subscribestar was secretly having the same issues with Paypal that forced Patreon to make its strict rules, hence the "issue with a third party".

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
How recent was this? Because another dev recently (around July 11) mentioned that their problem had gotten *worse*, to the point that they were literally not given the option to make a post publicly. Some other people were speculating that certain creators had been effectively shadow-banned, and that Subscribestar was secretly having the same issues with Paypal that forced Patreon to make its strict rules, hence the "issue with a third party".
Since when was PayPal even an option on SubStar? I thought that they didn't have PayPal as a payment option specifically because of what they do with other platforms that use them.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Since when was PayPal even an option on SubStar? I thought that they didn't have PayPal as a payment option specifically because of what they do with other platforms that use them.
I wouldn't know. Maybe what they were saying was "the same issues with whoever they used as Patreon had with PayPal".

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Interesting to know.

SuibscribeStar was updating posts manually after emailing tech support. Now posts are updating automatically again.

At least they are for this purple hat.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Thinking more about the viability of a turning the tables scenario after replaying and taking particular note of what he says to Rachel when she's in service mode;

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
The artwork is very disappointing. Very primitive. Sorry not for me. Get some decent download sites. Good luck...

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
This was interesting because of how unsexy it ended up being. The writing was well done and got me hooked. Even though I'm into the fetish as play, the character interactions really sold me on it being "not as sexy when it's really happening." I honestly can't say whether I will come back to this. As a piece of fiction it's good, but I generally don't look for things that kill my boner when playing erotic games unless they're truly exceptional. This was good but not quite that level. Regardless of if I come back I wish you best of luck Purplehat Productions and will probably throw a few bucks at your sub page when the new month ticks over.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
This was interesting because of how unsexy it ended up being. The writing was well done and got me hooked. Even though I'm into the fetish as play, the character interactions really sold me on it being "not as sexy when it's really happening." I honestly can't say whether I will come back to this. As a piece of fiction it's good, but I generally don't look for things that kill my boner when playing erotic games unless they're truly exceptional. This was good but not quite that level. Regardless of if I come back I wish you best of luck Purplehat Productions and will probably throw a few bucks at your sub page when the new month ticks over.
The hat wonders which path you took.

In any case, thank you for your feedback. Yes, Re Education is a different animal. Not what many expect, but something worth playing through at least once. If it made you think, then this hat did its job.

Feb 8, 2019
What he said.

Natalie a Lunatic?, perhaps. then again. Zach HAS the helmet after all. If he so ever chooses. he CAN modify her personality too fit his taste (Him removing her "Lunacy" parts is possible. HEHE)
1659276592980.png

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The purple hat has been making progress on Re Education 0.48:

Version 0.48 will continue the fanservice path, with the addition of Kylie to Zach's growing harem. Those who have played other paths may be able to guess who Zach is going to go after next, but not before having some kinky fun with Rachel and Kylie.

Version 0.48 should be ready by the end of August, just in time for the end of Summer. It will also feature an updated art preview for the purple hat's latest project.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
0.48 is coming soon...
We still on for "by the end of August"? Also, what is-- Hang on...

*Looks through previous posts to see if I missed something*

...Apparently I completely missed the preview of your next VN in the last update because it's hidden in the "obnoxious links that nobody looks at" corner. I've played so many games that I always just tune that corner out. >.>

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes