VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.61] [Purplehat Productions]

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ahhh.

That is a question Zach can never know, at least not in the scope of this novel.

But with your question comes other questions: Why isn't the Re Education helmet more widely known? Why was Rachel able to trick Kylie into putting it on? Why isn't it talked about in the news?

You may be familiar with the phrase "the dog not barking". The only answer I can give to your question is that there is a very big dog that's not barking.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
But with your question comes other questions: Why isn't the Re Education helmet more widely known? Why was Rachel able to trick Kylie into putting it on? Why isn't it talked about in the news?
I thought that she did know what a Re-Education helmet was, but Rachel told her it was a fake prop one for a video and she trusted her. That's what it sounded like to me. I'm not sure how much sense it would make if the very existence of the helmets is supposed to be a big secret, so far it seems like everyone knows about them.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I thought that she did know what a Re-Education helmet was, but Rachel told her it was a fake prop one for a video and she trusted her. That's what it sounded like to me. I'm not sure how much sense it would make if the very existence of the helmets is supposed to be a big secret, so far it seems like everyone knows about them.
The way this hat sees it is the helmets were supposed to be a big secret, but information about them leaked online.

Should be the biggest news story of the century. Yet, none of the mainstream news sources even mention the helmet's existence. Zach checks the news in a couple paths... No mention of the helmet. AKA: The big dog that's not barking.

So, the helmet is both known, and not known. Officially, doesn't exist. Unofficially, the leak caused a rush to destroy the evidence and, like Russia's nukes, some units aren't accounted for.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The way this hat sees it is the helmets were supposed to be a big secret, but information about them leaked online.

Should be the biggest news story of the century. Yet, none of the mainstream news sources even mention the helmet's existence. Zach checks the news in a couple paths... No mention of the helmet. AKA: The big dog that's not barking.

So, the helmet is both known, and not known. Officially, doesn't exist. Unofficially, the leak caused a rush to destroy the evidence and, like Russia's nukes, some units aren't accounted for.
Well, I wouldn't expect to see anything about them on the news if there wasn't anything new about them, since as he got one before the game even started they obviously aren't that new. But if they didn't report on them at the time they first became known either, well, the MSM ignoring certain big stories is hardly new, but it is suspicious that this would be one of them.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Indeed.

I don't want to lock myself down too tightly on this, partly because the game is still less then 50% complete and I don't want to commit to this being canon, at least not yet.

I will say the people who created the helmet follow an ideology similar to Natalie's. Different name, same ideals.

123abc456789

May 18, 2020
Hi, I really enjoy this game, the writing is very good. Just wondering though what was the point of adding the groping option?
Also in general I think choices in this game can be a bit confusing, I would love to have in game hints or maybe some indicator to know if you've seen all paths. Like the chastity cage, you get it by doing something unrelated then you get locked out of the more sub path. Would be great to have more chastity cage content as the sub path goes quite quickly.
Overall love the game though! Nice that it gets updates often.

Reactions: jakewoods

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Purplehat on itchi.io said:
October has been a busy month for the hat!

Though to be fair, Witch hats tend to be in pretty high demand this time of the year.

While things have been pretty quiet on the progress report front, the hat has been working hard on the 0.50 update. Version 0.50 will feature the Fanservice path's first ending, which will have a new music track, and several new pieces of artwork, such as this:

gaCB5U.jpg

Version 0.50 will be released by the end of October.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Won't open on mac. Instantly closes when launched, no window opens
Purplehat Productions
There seems to be an issue on Mac. No idea why, don't have a Mac to test it.
But I do have a work around another user posted:

1. Unzip the file and open the ReEducation-0.50-market folder. Copy the lib folder, the game folder, the renpy folder, the ReEducation.py file and the ReEducation.sh file to another location (preferably one which you can open in another Finder window or tab).

2. Right click (or CTRL-click) on the ReEducation app - this is the one with the RenPy logo of a pink-haired girl wearing an explorers hat with a snake over her shoulders - then click Show Package Contents.

3. Navigate through the Contents folder, into the MacOS folder. Copy the lib folder into the MacOS folder.

4. Go back to the Contents folder, then navigate to the Resources folder. Here, make a new folder called autorun, and open it. Then, copy the game folder, the renpy folder, the ReEducation.py file and the ReEducation.sh file into your new autorun folder.

5. Go back until you are back in the ReEducation-0.50-market folder. Then, run the ReEducation app, and it should open properly!

Reactions: jeffbezos123

jeffbezos123

Jan 31, 2019
There seems to be an issue on Mac. No idea why, don't have a Mac to test it.
But I do have a work around another user posted:

1. Unzip the file and open the ReEducation-0.50-market folder. Copy the lib folder, the game folder, the renpy folder, the ReEducation.py file and the ReEducation.sh file to another location (preferably one which you can open in another Finder window or tab).

2. Right click (or CTRL-click) on the ReEducation app - this is the one with the RenPy logo of a pink-haired girl wearing an explorers hat with a snake over her shoulders - then click Show Package Contents.

3. Navigate through the Contents folder, into the MacOS folder. Copy the lib folder into the MacOS folder.

4. Go back to the Contents folder, then navigate to the Resources folder. Here, make a new folder called autorun, and open it. Then, copy the game folder, the renpy folder, the ReEducation.py file and the ReEducation.sh file into your new autorun folder.

5. Go back until you are back in the ReEducation-0.50-market folder. Then, run the ReEducation app, and it should open properly!
tried... worked! Thank you.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Where do you get your music, by the way?
Music is the hardest and most luck driven part. All music is credited in the credits, but if you want to know my specific process...

Typically I go to YouTube and look for, oh an example would be "spy music no copyright".

And then I start listening to various tracks while looking at the artwork I've made.

Then I put the music into the game and playtest it.

For the spy scene I actually ended up cutting out the beginning of the song, as the scene is relatively short and I wanted to get to the good part.

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 6 Votes