VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.61] [Purplehat Productions]

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Hey Purplehat, is there any chance that we can see the older artstyles as an optional setting?
If not, could we at least access the earlier builds of the game?
Why would you want to?

I don't have the disk space to store every old version of Re Education. (I do have the old art assets, but I am not going to make those an option in game, 1 because it would double the filesize, and 2, because I have spent months converting the graphics and I really want to get back to advancing the story.

HOWEVER WITH THAT SAID:

I do have Re Education 0.2 saved to my computer. It's the first version that I released to a small test audience. It was released May 10th 2021. I do plan to release that publicly once I reach 1.0, or 1.x (Complete game). That way you can compare where things started to the finished product.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
No. This is "Working with what I have and no budget" art.

And I mean, no budget. Any money I make is going towards Dr. Valarie.

FOR ALL OF YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THE GRAPHICS:

My answer is simply to point you to my other visual novel. Dr. Valarie Sex Therapist That is an example of what I can do when I have a budget.

I consider Re Education to be the "Pilot episode". And pilot episodes are often very different from what comes later. Pilot episodes can be cringe, they can have terrible visuals, but yet, even among the awkwardness, you can see the flashes of brilliance. In fact, the title "Re Education" has more than one meaning.

Re Education is educating me on what makes a good visual novel. And I am putting what I have learned into Dr. Valarie.

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 6 Votes