VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.60F] [Purplehat Productions]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
While I really love the "special underwear", it's a touch disappointing that we don't get to see a full sex scene this time around.
This was a deliberate choice. The previous chapters were very sex focused, so for the ending i wanted to touch on, well, what comes after sex? Sadly you can't stay locked in that moment of ecstasy forever, so what comes afterwards?

I will note that there is a choice menu near the end. Bit of a spoiler, but you want a harem ending? You're gonna get one.

Also I really do not know where you're getting the two exam chairs idea from. Rachel already has an exam table, but not an exam chair.

Nequiem

Oct 21, 2017
Then, why did you focus on that route when there are other routes in the game that don't touch on politics?
Why does it matter if there are routes that "don't focus on politics"? The one route that literally spouts out propaganda points was plenty enough to turn me off. Just a little bit of shit in my sandwich doesn't make the parts without shit okay.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Then, why did you focus on that route when there are other routes in the game that don't touch on politics?
What route are they even talking about? I don't remember any explicitly "anti-communist" route, and the only one I skipped was the playersub one. Unless they're talking about the brief mention of a literal death cult that doesn't follow communist ideals in the slightest.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
Is there a route where you get to see Mistress Red hypnotise the others into your cult? Or did I miss a shit-ton when I went through one route? I hope that might be an addition one day, because nothing is hotter than submitting someone to the point that they actively help you capture others.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Is there a route where you get to see Mistress Red hypnotise the others into your cult? Or did I miss a shit-ton when I went through one route? I hope that might be an addition one day, because nothing is hotter than submitting someone to the point that they actively help you capture others.
Yes actually. There are a couple routes where she lures Kylie to her home under Zach's orders and uses the helmet on her.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
What route are they even talking about? I don't remember any explicitly "anti-communist" route, and the only one I skipped was the playersub one. Unless they're talking about the brief mention of a literal death cult that doesn't follow communist ideals in the slightest.
My guess is the part where Zach mentions the Far Left protestors who set buildings on fire, like what happened in Kenosha.

Reactions: mickster101

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
This was a deliberate choice. The previous chapters were very sex focused, so for the ending i wanted to touch on, well, what comes after sex? Sadly you can't stay locked in that moment of ecstasy forever, so what comes afterwards?
It's just a shame that there isn't one sex scene per chapter, there's the epilogue that may or may not have sex scenes depending on what ending it is, but structurally it's a shame that each full chapter doesn't have a scene.
I will note that there is a choice menu near the end. Bit of a spoiler, but you want a harem ending? You're gonna get one.
I noticed that, yeah. Looking forward to it, I hope I'm right about it going well for them all.
Also I really do not know where you're getting the two exam chairs idea from. Rachel already has an exam table, but not an exam chair.
I thought it was another chair she said she had, maybe I remembered wrong.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I want to address some points that were brought up in the latest review by Some guy's account

I was going to respond in private, but they have messages turned off. That gives me the impression they're happy to leave reviews, but refuse to accept any responses from the developers they critique.

Whatever the case is, the review raised some good points that I want to address.

The Visuals:
I am well aware of my limitations as an artist.
Any money that I make from Re Education is set aside to pay these artists.

Telling over showing:

My art, such as it is, takes time to make, and I'm the only one making art for this game. So I have to decide a balance between what to show, and what to allude to. The game takes place from Zach's POV and is fairly realistic, which is one reason why a lot of stuff is talked about rather than shown. So, fair criticism, but I do have my reasons for it.

The short sex scenes:
This is a deliberate choice. Zach is a 20 year old who had no experience with actual sex beforehand. So he's going to perform like a 20 year old with no sexual experience... as in, he's going to fire off his load, then pass out because he doesn't have the stamina, nor the discipline to last. I am planning to address this in the domme routes. Zach needs to learn some discipline if he's going to be a satisfactory partner.

The choices, or lack thereof:
This is partly deliberate, and partly because the game is nowhere near finished yet. I dislike choices that don't affect the overall outcome. While I do have a few of those in Re Education, most of the choices that come up significantly change what ending you get. So yes, the choices are few, but they matter.

Now with all that said, I want to thank Some guy's account for the review. He clearly played through a large chunk of the game and gave it a fair shake. He also took the time to raise valid and constructive criticisms. I will keep that in mind going forward.

Reactions: Sunshaded
Oct 22, 2017
I want to address some points that were brought up in the latest review by Some guy's account

I was going to respond in private, but they have messages turned off. That gives me the impression they're happy to leave reviews, but refuse to accept any responses from the developers they critique.

Whatever the case is, the review raised some good points that I want to address.

The Visuals:
I am well aware of my limitations as an artist.
Any money that I make from Re Education is set aside to pay these artists.

Telling over showing:

My art, such as it is, takes time to make, and I'm the only one making art for this game. So I have to decide a balance between what to show, and what to allude to. The game takes place from Zach's POV and is fairly realistic, which is one reason why a lot of stuff is talked about rather than shown. So, fair criticism, but I do have my reasons for it.

The short sex scenes:
This is a deliberate choice. Zach is a 20 year old who had no experience with actual sex beforehand. So he's going to perform like a 20 year old with no sexual experience... as in, he's going to fire off his load, then pass out because he doesn't have the stamina, nor the discipline to last. I am planning to address this in the domme routes. Zach needs to learn some discipline if he's going to be a satisfactory partner.

The choices, or lack thereof:
This is partly deliberate, and partly because the game is nowhere near finished yet. I dislike choices that don't affect the overall outcome. While I do have a few of those in Re Education, most of the choices that come up significantly change what ending you get. So yes, the choices are few, but they matter.

Now with all that said, I want to thank Some guy's account for the review. He clearly played through a large chunk of the game and gave it a fair shake. He also took the time to raise valid and constructive criticisms. I will keep that in mind going forward.
Apparently messages were turned off by default - I was not even aware that it was a setting up until I saw your post here. It's on now, though I'm not anyone's ever gonna DM me on here.

With regards to your responses, I think they're reasonable. Your explanations for the choices make sense, and I can see that they produce an internally coherent game.

My review is of the game for it's ability to sexually gratify. For example, I think makes sense for the sex scenes to be short on account of the main character being new to sex and not really having much stamina in that regard. But it does also, in my view, decrease the game's appeal for my purposes.

Thanks for the cool headed response. The review wasn't exactly gently written, so it speaks well to your approach to criticism that you're still willing to take on the parts of it you found useful.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Yeah. Re Education is not for everybody. The disclaimer at the beginning says that the sex scenes aren't the core focus.

That said, you might want to give the Dr. Valarie demo a try. It's just a taste of what I have planned, but should give you a good idea where I'm planning to go, once I have enough artwork made.

OmniusTS

Jan 4, 2018
It's nice that you're making new stuff, but I just wish that a single dev in the adult game genre would just finish what they start before moving onto new projects, especially when the branches of the story that look even better aren't included.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
It's nice that you're making new stuff, but I just wish that a single dev in the adult game genre would just finish what they start before moving onto new projects, especially when the branches of the story that look even better aren't included.
I get where you're coming from, and I feel you on that. However, one of the reasons I started work on Dr. Valarie was to let people know that I'm not a one trick pony.

People don't like Re Education's artwork? I have an alternative.

And really, most of my dev time is still devoted to Re Education, specifically because I am having other artists make the art assets. Art assets are the biggest development bottleneck. Once I have those, writing the story is pretty straightforward.

OmniusTS

Jan 4, 2018
I get where you're coming from, and I feel you on that. However, one of the reasons I started work on Dr. Valarie was to let people know that I'm not a one trick pony.

People don't like Re Education's artwork? I have an alternative.

And really, most of my dev time is still devoted to Re Education, specifically because I am having other artists make the art assets. Art assets are the biggest development bottleneck. Once I have those, writing the story is pretty straightforward.
Oh sorry I didn't mean to imply I didn't like the artwork, I'm not a graphics guy. I meant the story branches, although I suppose I get saving the best for last!

Sep 16, 2017
i wish there were a choice to not do this:
1695928386493.png

and compel obedience from her without making her like it. It'd be great if there was an option to make her a prisoner in her own body, hating every minute of what you make her do, but unable to disobey or even communicate her distress to anyone but you, even as she's forced to condemn her coworkers to the same fate.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
i wish there were a choice to not do this:
View attachment 2964328

and compel obedience from her without making her like it. It'd be great if there was an option to make her a prisoner in her own body, hating every minute of what you make her do, but unable to disobey or even communicate her distress to anyone but you, even as she's forced to condemn her coworkers to the same fate.

I'm hesitant to do that. That's basically setting yourself up for failure.

It's been hinted at, but the brain is not static. You can brainwash somebody, but if they don't like what you've done, they will rewire their own brain to get around the limiters you've put in place.

There is a more classic brainwashed path already in place though. Check the flowcharts.

Sep 16, 2017

It's been hinted at, but the brain is not static. You can brainwash somebody, but if they don't like what you've done, they will rewire their own brain to get around the limiters you've put in place.

There is a more classic brainwashed path already in place though. Check the flowcharts.
I'm aware of the brainwashed path, but my understanding is that that's just making her mindless and indifferent, and I was thinking something more deliberately cruel.

What about a variation on service mode that compels total obedience while also temporarily restoring their original, unaltered personality? Would that work?

Basically I'm just looking for a route that places the non-con element front and center. It's surprisingly hard to find mind control/hypno content that really leans into that.

I don't mean to come off as demanding or anything, if that's not something you're interested in exploring in the game that's totally fair, I only wanted to point out that the potential is there.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

That's part of why my favourite is making the girls love being brainwashed. That it also means that they will genuinely believe that they are doing other girls a favour by helping their master brainwash them too is a really nice bonus of course. Can be some fun stories there with girls being a bit overly enthusiastic on that front.

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes