Jul 1, 2017
Ok, real question here. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. How much do you have to change the characters in order to not get sued by the company the ip belongs to? How far do you need to go? The chars in the cover art looks exactly like the chars from the anime. The chars in the images bellow differ somewhat.

For example. If one of the chars have a tattoo on her right thigh. Would it be enough to just change the position of said tattoo or does one need to change the chars facial structure as well?

GeezG

Dec 1, 2019
Ok, real question here. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. How much do you have to change the characters in order to not get sued by the company the ip belongs to? How far do you need to go? The chars in the cover art looks exactly like the chars from the anime. The chars in the images bellow differ somewhat.

For example. If one of the chars have a tattoo on her right thigh. Would it be enough to just change the position of said tattoo or does one need to change the chars facial structure as well?
Here's the real trick: Don't set up your patreon around supporting the game specifically, set it up around supporting you specifically while you "incidentally" make a game that you release for free.

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Are we ever gonna get an update that doesn't break old saves? This is the best looking MHA parody game, but eventually it will become too much of a grind just to get to the 1 or 2 scenes of new content each time...

edit: finally played through the old content to get back to where I was. How do you join ochaco in the shower? There's nothing there to click on, just the door to exit the bathroom again...
Is there a way I can salvage my saves? The one thing that kills any enthusiasm I have for games is them constantly breaking all my saves
Hi, can I have the error log (and the save file if possible) of the bugged save? Did the save you load is 0.22 save or earlier?

I tested the game using my own and some other players from discord (0.22), and didn't have any problem.

Edit: Can I also have the save where Ochaco doesn't appear?

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
Hi, can I have the error log (and the save file if possible) of the bugged save? Did the save you load is 0.22 save or earlier?

I tested the game using my own and some other players from discord (0.22), and didn't have any problem.
Here

GeezG

Dec 1, 2019

Edit: Can I also have the save where Ochaco doesn't appear?
I saved over my 0.22 saves with the new run I did, sorry, I should've thought of that and attached one to my post earlier instead of just complaining. I hope the save Nixi posted can help.
Here's the save where Ochaco doesn't show up. I downloaded the gallery unlocker that got posted by Numerior to see the scene, I hope that didn't affect this file. When I check the memo, it says I should join her in the shower, but it also says she's at the school gate, and she does not appear in the bathroom like she should in the scene. Her clothes were also bugged just before the scene and she was wearing her apron from work in her room, which may have played a part in it? I read in the changelog that this is a known issue that you'll fix though, so maybe not. Maybe the order in which I did things was just a bit too unorthodox for the game? It doesn't take too long to play the game from start to finish yet, so I may try again later and change up the order in which I do things a bit to see if that has any effect.

Having seen the scene with the gallery unlocker, it was a great scene. Thank you for taking the time to help us out.

Reactions: Milvidi

DubDubDub

Aug 23, 2019
Is it me or you only unlock less than 1/3 of Tsuyu content if you decide to be a good guy, and the rest if you decide to blackmail her?

Jun 18, 2018
Can't progress at all in the game. Tips say talk to Ochako at the gates and training ground, got 2/2 and 4/4 in the dialogues, nothing happens. Tsu tip says check the school, nothing in the school. Jiro tip says wait for a text, there is no text message. Kirishima tip says to borrow his quirk, he makes you fight robots and it's literally impossible to beat them because you can use one power only once. There was a potion that refreshes your powers but I used that one and there's nowhere to get another one.

mneysexdrgs

Dec 3, 2020
Can't progress at all in the game. Tips say talk to Ochako at the gates and training ground, got 2/2 and 4/4 in the dialogues, nothing happens. Tsu tip says check the school, nothing in the school. Jiro tip says wait for a text, there is no text message. Kirishima tip says to borrow his quirk, he makes you fight robots and it's literally impossible to beat them because you can use one power only once. There was a potion that refreshes your powers but I used that one and there's nowhere to get another one.
You can either edit your save file and change that which would probably break the game in the future or you could look for another potion.

Jul 1, 2017
Here's the real trick: Don't set up your patreon around supporting the game specifically, set it up around supporting you specifically while you "incidentally" make a game that you release for free.
Hmm...But would they not just sue me for creating art similar to their created chars? Or are you saying since its "free" they won't be able to file a lawsuit because I'm not profiting from their IP....Man this is some hard shit to wrap my head around...or I'm just too dumb. Probably the latter.

gjkojn

Mar 1, 2018
i cant activate the mall rescue is there something i need to do. memo book dosent have any hints

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I saved over my 0.22 saves with the new run I did, sorry, I should've thought of that and attached one to my post earlier instead of just complaining. I hope the save Nixi posted can help.
Here's the save where Ochaco doesn't show up. I downloaded the gallery unlocker that got posted by Numerior to see the scene, I hope that didn't affect this file. When I check the memo, it says I should join her in the shower, but it also says she's at the school gate, and she does not appear in the bathroom like she should in the scene. Her clothes were also bugged just before the scene and she was wearing her apron from work in her room, which may have played a part in it? I read in the changelog that this is a known issue that you'll fix though, so maybe not. Maybe the order in which I did things was just a bit too unorthodox for the game? It doesn't take too long to play the game from start to finish yet, so I may try again later and change up the order in which I do things a bit to see if that has any effect.

Having seen the scene with the gallery unlocker, it was a great scene. Thank you for taking the time to help us out.
Sorry for the late reply, but Ochaco showed up properly when I loaded the save file... So I'm not sure what happened on your end. There was indeed a bug where she doesn't show up, but I fixed that during testing, and no one on our discord reported similar bug.

About Nixi's save...that's a 0.14 save, 3 versions ago, the whole inventory system changed during that time so I can't really do anything about it.

This is our first game so I'm still pretty new, still finding the best way to implement save compatibility. Things should get better now though, since I won't change the code base anymore.

GeezG

Dec 1, 2019
Sorry for the late reply, but Ochaco showed up properly when I loaded the save file... So I'm not sure what happened on your end. There was indeed a bug where she doesn't show up, but I fixed that during testing, and no one on our discord reported similar bug.

About Nixi's save...that's a 0.14 save, 3 versions ago, the whole inventory system changed during that time so I can't really do anything about it.

This is our first game so I'm still pretty new, still finding the best way to implement save compatibility. Things should get better now though, since I won't change the code base anymore.
No worries, the game isn't too long to quickly get back to where you were yet. And that gallery unlocker did do the trick. I'll see if I can get it to trigger next update and if not, that's probably my mediocre laptop's fault.

EDIT: I think I found out what the problem was. I probably still had old game files mixed in with the updated ones, because I just deleted the entire folder and reexctracted the latest files, and I got the scene to work.(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Milvidi

cace

Jul 9, 2020
Sorry i have just blocked where for tsuyu route say: talk about tsuyu with someone, i try to talk with midnight but I can’t, how can i continue??

zalupenza

Aug 3, 2020
how do i progress the game? there was an option to continue one night, but i didn't finish jiro quests, so i opted to postpone it, but now i can't figure out how to do it again, help

Milvidi

Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Some peeks at 0.24 update.

Check it out on our public I was about to post the whole thing here as well, but apparently f95's acting up again and doesn't allow me to upload pictures.

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes