• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Re:Rudy [v0.5.0] [Ekko]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Jnx

English: 5/10
    User Interface: 5/10
    User Experience: 5/10
    Art: 7/10
    Dialogue: 3/10
    Story: 2/10
    Opinion: 2/10
    ------------------------------
    Avg: 4.14/10 [2/5]

TL;DR: I'm gonna spoil the shit outta this. It tries to be funny all the time, but all of it is either unfunny or cringey. The MC is completely unlikeable, none of the characters are interesting, and the story is a bunch of ambiguous lines drowning in broken English. I don't see who this is for or where the story could possibly be going. Do yourself a favor and pass this one up if you're a native English speaker and actually read the stories on this site.

Edit: So people know, I did actually finish to end of content, and MC finally took things seriously, but it was after a character he barely liked dies, and the tonal shift was completely distracting and mad little sense as no one took anything seriously outside of Filo. But you're given nothing about her. If this was paced better and MC and Rick weren't plain unlikeable, this would be good. But here we are.

This is one of the most frustrating reading experiences I've had that isn't due to a translation problem.(Later it becomes one though) Imagine being physically and verbally abused and accosted constantly for no reason. This is like those old kaizo mario games that are made to screw with you, but every time you die it now calls you a piece of shit, so it gets grating and annoying. All anyone says to MC is "Shut up you ugly perverted retard. All you do is think about tits and look gross." My issue is MC did none of that yet. It's not until later that you find out for some dumb reason he somehow lives in the girls locker room. So right after you want to defend MC (seeing as you have to live in his head) he proves he is what they say he is. And right away you're given an annoying follower that you'd want nothing to do with, although, everyone else in this universe is already an asshole you'd want nothing to do with. So I really don't see what the writer is trying to do with this. You start with an unlikeable protagonist, intolerable heroines, and a parasitic follower for what? The description of the game doesn't even have a hook. "uncover your family's history" generally means one line of exposition per update until finished or abandoned. This also opens up with the characters acting like they're actors yelling at the dev to introduce the story, a tired trope that I despise. So I immediately got a negative first impression. As per usual, I'm starting this paragraph before getting into the story, so I don't know what awaits me yet, but I'm already exhausted by this and I just barely got to Rudy creeping on girls in the shower. And seeing as I'm not a pre-teen pervert anymore, these scenes don't appeal to me.

So you start as Rudy, an Xbox Live trolls wet dream. His last name's gaylord, his mother and father abandoned him for reasons that can only be assumed are he was an ugly baby, and he's an annoying degenerate pervert. He has no redeeming qualities, and after the aforementioned peeking, the principal... Says she's going to adopt him and he should call her mommy? Excuse me? And I NEVER complain about this, but the fact MC just takes all the shit he's given is weird. Not even that it makes me angry, it's just such an odd thing that I can't understand. Then we come back to Rick. He's just as much an eyesore as Rudy is. So, if I'm correct, I get the absolute displeasure to look at the two ugliest creatures that have ever crawled out from whatever swamp spat them out for the majority of this "game." Great. And it's not even that they're just physically unappealing, they're definitive morons that only think about peeping at girls. I haven't even gotten to the "Re" part yet and I have to take breaks to stomach this writing. And the two guys that always have to tell you, the reader, "ISN'T THAT THE UGLY GUY, MAN HE'S SO UGLY." Thank you. Me, the idiot that decided to open this dumb game couldn't tell that Rudy is, in fact, ugly and talking to pretty girls. I appreciate you for telling me that. He meets Orisse and... She gives him a blowjob? What is this story? "You're annoying and ugly and I'm angry you exist and I'm putting your dick in my mouth." There's no buildup, it isn't alluring, and you have to listen to Rudy's autistic screeching the whole time. God this is annoying.

When Rudy finally goes missing, his "friends" go to his house to look for him. Instead of being a functioning human with a working brain and knocking on the door, they stand in the street and yell his name a couple times. I repeat: Excuse me? What? And I wanna say, HS can't make a convincing black person, and the minor attempt at "ebonics" don't work. Rudy wakes up, somehow they fixed his face and he changed nationalities? And starts off right away with the dumb mommy crap. "Badonkadonk" is a colloquial term for a butt, by the way. I guess I put it off long enough but, "Vhaj & Gina the Hole sisters" I don't think the brow can be any lower. "This girl is a bitch" Is not a phrase anyone has used to describe a car. I think what they were trying to say was "This ride is bitchin' " So that confirmed my suspicion this might not be dev's first language. And I fundamentally don't understand why these women are throwing themselves at MC. As once again, MC is given another blowjob WITH NO CONTEXT. He's bitching about studying, asks for a break, then Gina unhinges her jaw and throws it at his crotch. I want to shut the game off, after a sex scene mind you. But I will persevere to not have to play this again. MC's cringeworthy wake up scene, complete with 4th wall breaks and power ranger posing needs to be deleted. His ego inflates too much and he was intolerable before everything was given to him for no reason, now he acts like a spoiled autist.

Soon after MC learns about Rick, you know, the parasitic loser he hasn't actually given a shit about? And confirmed has sex with goats? Well MC wants him to leave the gang because its not safe, but Rick's running the gang? Somehow? And to get to talk to Rick, MC tries to join and then, once again, a complete non-sequitur sex scene happens, again. That is now THREE of THREE sex scenes that happen with no buildup, no point, and no appeal. I also wanna say, what happened with Alyssa? She was supposedly adopted by Gina too. (She shows up a bit later and the tension that her and Gina had is completely gone?)So many plot points that are thrown away until the writer can think of something to do with it. Then you get a choice to make Vahj laugh, and what MC says is literal gibberish. But the English has fallen apart so completely by this point, I can't tell if it was intentional or not. Even her reply barely made sense. This is a plot that would be over if people had more than a three sentence conversation in broken English with each other, it's so frustrating. And the first sex scene with buildup happens, but its that mommy crap again "I love you like a son but have sex with me." Why she loves him at all? No one knows.

I'm four obscenely large paragraphs into this actual dumpster fire of a story. Nothing has happened, no one is doing anything. The "gang" just keeps talking about robbing the same store over and over. Two of them are LOLRANDOM borderlands psycho types, two are stereotypical black guys except they're named Herman and Hernan? And the other two try to act like some crime noir types. Filo doesn't exist. Ash thinks MC is charming when he's an annoying piece of garbage. Vahj and Gina are smitten with him for less than zero reason. They repeat the laughing at MC, which honestly, everything about him is a joke so they should do it more. But no. These people that have known MC for MINUTES love and obsess over him. Claythe? Two conversations, one was strip rock paper scissors, the next was her begging him not to leave her. Orisse? Sucks him off for some mystery person. Filo? Who knows, but she loves him. Stuff suddenly gets dramatic, but everyone and everything has annoyed me so much that I just had to call it quits. I'm calling it now: Udyr is MC's dad and Solomon is a bad guy, no one learns MC is sleeping with everyone, happy end. Big whoop.

The English starts fine. Then just suddenly drops off and is completely inconsistent. The UI is slightly customized, a font and a "Look at how many points you have with the girls" menu. Art is above average Honey Select. The dialogue is all over the place, try hard jokes, overly edgy crap, and a lot of the time it feels like no one is actually talking to each other. The story starts to pick up but I just stopped caring and checked out, it's not good or engaging. If you can't tell, I do not like this. Maybe if this was written better I could see me liking this, but the MC is awful, the one okay character, Ash, devolves quickly, and nothing happens until you already hate most of the people it's happening to.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

TheLarceny

It was kinda fun actually and i think it can competes with games like eternum, one big problem is the update times. It gets too long to get an update but its understandable
    Story is kinda fun and cool. Its not like the MC should save the world and bullshit and its pretty chill but it gets dark at its time
    Girls are nice and perfect, scenes also are nice and very hot but gallery should be smoother in the future
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Problems i feel
    You can't name the mc for good chunk at the beginning so have to just play it with 3rd person pov and that surely breaks the rhythm and attachment you want to have with main and other characters right from the start.
    Story is rather childishly incoherent or should i say it's just i couldn't take it seriously nor was it funny... mostly.
    Interactions and dialogues were quite weird and alien to humankind.
    The personality of main character is very off putting ngl and as shallow as his confidence.

Why three stars?
    Well this one's 2 stars at max but the girls are quite the models including milfs
    Animations;as expected from hs are good
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Codex07

Love the game, good story, the way you give these characters with a lot expressions that are better than most game, really nice camera angel, good placing of the crowd on the background, story also to the point and on good pace, i'm not even bored while playing the whole game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

unikon

The game is a breath of fresh air compared to most productions. It starts with a lot of humor, but over time there are also threads that are more serious and engaging in the plot. This is one of those games that you need to play a little longer to understand what a masterpiece it is.

Of the pluses:
    - humor
    - cute characters except for one ugly one :D
    - masterful animations
    - an interesting story and surprising twists
  6. 3.00 star(s)

gpsywolf

Wrote a review in the heat of the moment, had some time to think it over and decided to update it to something more fair. I still hold that i really don't like that most if not all the women (at least in the beginning/prologue) treat the MC like complete garbage. I would go so far as to call it abuse and bullying. Aside from Ash of course who seems to be the only one that cares about him for who he is or what he looks like.

Anyway, the story is ok and some parts are kind of funny. I hear from others that as you get further into the game it gets much better. Have to say I really tried to get through all the dialogue with Ricky, but i almost fell asleep half way through so i used the skip button. Sorry not sorry
  7. 5.00 star(s)

xiphe116

Bro! the dev is just flexing so hard at this point. Very entertaining story but most important of all are those impressive renders, great cinematography. The gameplay is quite straight forward, only one path to collect them all but you might miss some scenes so be ready to save scum.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

马走日

Overall, it's a great VN. Each character has its own characteristics. I think Filo, who has been criticized, is actually a ツンデレ character, although she treats MC violently, she actually loves MC from the bottom of her heart . I think overly violent writing is just an hyperbole, others too, such as Alyssa, Gina, and Vhaj laughing at MCs for 15 minutes. I really like the rhythm and sense of humor in this game, so I gave him a score of 5 . Btw, Most Important Tasks, DON'T FORGET TO LEWD ALYSSA:KEK:
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Naxos

Firstly I don't do reviews, this is the first review I've done in about 5 years.

I started this VN expecting a decently written, harem story after having seen people compare this to Niichan's work, some even claiming this was better. Got a sticking pile of garbage.

The good. All the LI's look great.
    The visuals for HS look good.
    That's were it ends.

The VN follows Rudy a perv who lucks out and gets a free pass after being caught. A little later gets hit by a car and ends up in a coma for around a year. The driver of the car has no reason to hide it or fear the authorities but instead of taking him to hospital, she covers it up along with her sister the principal. Upon his waking, is the MC pissed, even slightly that he's lost a year of his life or they covered it up and essentially ended his life forcing him to take on a new identity? Nope, not even a raise eyebrow. Why? fuck knows, but hey he got a new face out of it so great deal.

Let's talk about the accident.. MC is walking with his hateful room-mate after they had gone out of town to look at a meteor. The fact they went out of town and now were on their way home would indicate in a normal universe some time had passed right? Nope, the doctor driving the car hit's him because she's distracted by conversation that takes place immediately after witnessing the same meteor. Guess time flowed differently in that car or something.

Lets talk about the LI's... well I can't really because apart from a brief introduction to each in before the accident they may as well not exist. I mean we get to see the principal and her sister who act like teenagers instead of mature women whenever they around him, unless of course they're not trying to dominate him.

No instead of the lovely looking LI's the game chooses to dedicate all of it's time and story to that little shit tard known as Rick. The little fucker that blackmailed his way into the MC's life at the start, then goes down a path and joins a gang or starts a gang or some stupid shit. Don't know don't care.

Seriously the majority of the vn so far, an adult harem vn, is focused on a side character and his fucking gang. So for some reason the MC feels like it's his fault. It's not.
    The really stupid part, is before the accident, the MC didn't really give a shit about the prick and he was nothing but a nuisance thrust on us for comedic value. Supposedly the little shit stain still cares about Rudy and hasn't given up looking for him, so the MC could easily get his attention by saying he wanted to talk to him about Rudy.

Does he do that? No he acts like a little school girl who can’t get her words out when he approaches him and pathetically asks to join the gang. Ricky says no, but the mc doesn’t give up and spends the next few days trying to prove his worth to him like a little simp. The entire dynamic from the start has flipped, one line could change that all but no we have to suffer through one retarded attempt after another of him trying to prove himself.

All this is supposedly after it’s been reworked so I have not idea what it was like before. The mc and by extension the stuff the dev writes makes them seem bi-polar. One second he’s all tough, next he’s simping for Mommy, next he’s cuffed and having a baseball bat shoved up his ass in what the dev thinks is light femdom, sadly it’s not avoidable, the fact it’s a dream doesn’t change anything.

It’s really a time for another rework.. this time Rick should join the MC getting hit by the car and so the sake of everyone play, not survive. Game as potential by it’s let down by focusing on the wrong thing. Literally in several hours of game play the MC has spoken with half the LI’s once.

Edit. Don't even get me started on the over reliance on hidden identities and mysterious conversations with unknown characters, hiding faces while character talk only to reveal them at the end of the conversation like some mystery.

Out of 7 LI's only 4 are viable unless you want to be abused, lied to, spied on and mistreated.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Brojo

Could get ahead with about 1/3 of the shitty dialog, honestly. Did the MC get his wisdom teeth taken out and have permanent squirrel face? It's horribly off-putting, especially since the women are all way better looking.

The dialog between Rudy and Rick should be cut in its entirety. I just stopped trying after a while and was trying to fast forward though those parts.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

joryh

Infantile dialog, puerile humour, asinine internal monologues. The high points I experienced. And if that isn't your 'humour' then best move on, cause that's ALL I saw until I could suffer no more.

Ugliest protag I've seen outside the one that starts the game literally wearing a bag cause he's so fugly. Apparently you can rename the MC at some point, but I can't verify. And I don't care if he gets a subsequent makeover. I was so annoyed by the idiocy, especially from Rick, he'd have to crowd source BOTH brain cells to have two to rub together so as to generate a thought.

Shortly after the 'getting caught in shower' scene I'd had enough and relegated this to it's rightful place: deletion and added to ignore list.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Elasstommer

This is a fascinating game in a lot of ways. Some of its aspects are pretty ordinary, like cute models with a mix of teens and older women, and a protagonist who finds himself succeeding with them when he didn't think he had a chance. What makes this game really interesting is the unpredictable twists the story takes. It starts as a pretty goofy farce, but just as you're settling in for one kind of progression, it surprises you, and the story takes a turn you didn't expect. There's still some goofiness, including a hapless gang that includes members named Rick, Nick, and Bick, but it's clear that more serious themes are creeping in. This game is fun and it keeps me interested. I always want to find out what the next update will surprise me with.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

kz7419

It does say 'humor' in the tags, and humour's a funny thing. All you really need to know is that one of the leads in this story is callled Dr Vhaj Hole, and if that raises a laugh, then be my guest. Deep immersion in hentai humour and manga moodswings will help. There is *a lot* of internal monologue and infantile dialogue. But so there is in the kind of comics this is based on. It just depends on what you're looking for. If you roll your eyes at the script, hit the Ctrl button and hang around for the h/scenes, you'll likely be disappointed.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

spoink1337

Cool and funny! Needed some puffiness for one character since people collectively hate her which I expect is what the dev is going for. (Going for a turnabout.)

Main Plot as of now:

Mc is your everyday pervert, showing how the people and environment reacted around him and the troubles he got into
    > Gets smacked and must live his life by hiding his secret identity and the troubles that come with it
    > Gets kidnapped and learns a bit of his past oh and he's a gangster now.

Story telling:
    The author certainly has a degree of competency in storytelling. Weaving comedic and serious tones together to keep the reader entertained and engaged. Naturally, there are parts that come off a tad too much but it's forgivable and ignorable since I was engaged and entertained most of the time. Great job! And keep going! It will be up to the author whether he'll tone down the crazy moments, and that's fine for me.

Characters:
    A colorful and wide variety of characters, Kudos to the dev for also giving them different looks and personalities! That being said, a word of warning to the dev, make sure that the characters have a role in the story, whether it be a simple bystander, an enemy of the MC, or an ally. Having a character that's just there for the sake of being there is very noticeable. (which is Ironic!)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Chryzoa

Fantastic game, the plot is lots of fun and full of laughs. Just stick with the MC's face, it's worth it. Especially for that scene.

Also excellent fap material, would go blind for some of these girls . Fantastic variety on the designs, and they don't feel like a copy paste of each other.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Mejo702

Soo far Soo good, Keep it up. I want more sex stuff with the other girls like Claythe, Ash, and Vhaj. Hope Filo, but we can deal with her later.. but not too later cuz I feel like Filo is goin to fall badly. Point being u should balance it out a bit more if u can. Ik depending on ur vision of the story. But I like. 8/10 (y)
  17. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.3.0

(Contains some smaller spoilers)

I think my biggest problem right now is that this game doesn't take the time to breathe. Granted it's early in development, but It's all over the place and doesn't let anything build up. This definitely has a less serious tone as compared to something like the average slow burn, but regardless it's not really working for me overall.

I feel like this game is trying to be a humorous, kind of nonsensical porn plot game, while at the same time trying to tell a story like something akin to a slow burn. But it's not properly balanced imo. There's not really any character development yet, and we end up fucking some of the characters right after we meet them. But then there's suddenly all this trouble with gangs, us fighting for our life, and now the MC's mysterious parents with what seems to be the setting up of a revenge story.

I think the game would also be improved astronomically if the prologue/intro/whatever you want to call it was completely removed and character introductions were just reworked a bit. Up until we get taken out by a car, you're basically playing as an ugly bastard. I'm guessing it's for a humor element, but man it just made the game so hard to get into for me. Combined with the fact that you can't change the MC name until about 1-2ish hours in made it a slog to get through. I just could not get immersed and could not take the sex scenes seriously.

It doesn't help that even when you do change your name, the old "Rudy" is still very relevant and referenced. Essentially be aware that you aren't playing your own MC, but rather an actual character named Rudy. This is more a preference thing for me truth be told, but still a negative in my eyes.

Also a minor gripe overall but I despise the music played in sex scenes. Something without lyrics and less in your face for lack of better words would be an improvement imo.

I think if the game was just slowed down and things played out without all these time skips and jumps to different things, I would have liked it a lot more. I'm not really attached to any of the love interests despite playing this for 3ish hours, and that's mostly because we hardly see anything from them. It has some interesting elements going on for sure but it feels like there's a lack of focus I suppose.

I'll still probably return to this as it develops to see where it goes and update my review accordingly. I don't think it's bad, and it will probably be more up your alley if you don't care so much about things like character depth and story (as of this version anyway) Good luck on developing this dev.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Max Muscle

Pretty good game, nice sense of humor, the girls are hot.
    The gang boy band really gave me anime vibe xD.
    Some of the side girls are really cute too
    Lots of quality meme :D.
    I looking forward for more to come ;).
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Chiewii95

Quite enjoy it visually and the story, although it's still like a new game, it has a lot of potential to be one of the best game. Very recommended to try it by yourself and I do say thank you for the developers for making it entertaining, hope you guys are doing well
  20. 5.00 star(s)

RockyBalboa1985

This game is perhaps the best 0.1 I have ever played :) (y)
    -great looking milfs
    -naughty but loving mommy who dominates you if you don't call her mommy but we love mommy
    -goofy mc in the beginning but he is very cool now.
    -the schoolgirls are hot as well.
    - funny story.
    -harem is also a big plus for me.
    -the animations are done very well and already have some sound effects.
    Glad to be an patron of this amazing game and I'm looking forward to the future of this game.:)(y)