VN WIP [RE272489] Climax War/Medical Machine Rape Vol2 AVG

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
I agree. Using RenPy or something we can easily work with is probably better than forcing NScripter to do what we want.
But I wanted to keep the base game intact instead of creating a new one.
I've not dug enough to understand exactly how NScripter prioritizes using uncompressed assets over compressed ones while loading them simultaneously, but it's a godsend from a "deliver edited assets without compromising or duplicating retail assets" standpoint.

Speaking of edited assets, could I borrow your cfg/ and top/ buttons (with tweaking of the lit buttons in top/ to glow red instead of yellow)? I hope to be able to deliver a win/ full of main# variations in return with the tag box stretched for longer character names.

Jun 17, 2020
I've not dug enough to understand exactly how NScripter prioritizes using uncompressed assets over compressed ones while loading them simultaneously, but it's a godsend from a "deliver edited assets without compromising or duplicating retail assets" standpoint.

Speaking of edited assets, could I borrow your cfg/ and top/ buttons (with tweaking of the lit buttons in top/ to glow red instead of yellow)? I hope to be able to deliver a win/ full of main# variations in return with the tag box stretched for longer character names.
You can take whatever you want, those are touchable assets after all. (pun not intended)

Did you have trouble with long names?
The longest one I encountered was "Director" and that fit without a problem, I think I can even squeeze in two chars more.
"win/ full of main# variations" -> I don't know what you mean.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 202537.png
Do you know how to translate the "close" window which opens when you hit the "X"-button from the window itself?
Couldn't find it at all and it really bothers me, it's the only window left in japanese...

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
Thanks for getting back to me swiftly on UI collaboration; I think between my variants and yours we might have a full effective slate of buttons for all five "Climax" games, allotted draw distances permitting.

Did you have trouble with long names?
The longest one I encountered was "Director" and that fit without a problem, I think I can even squeeze in two chars more.
My most prominent non-voiced interlocutor is best identified as "Interrogator", which goes about 1.5 characters past the allotted tagtext margin space. A preliminary tag pass on later scenes (I'm about 75% done with Scene 2) turns up minor characters presently dubbed "Syndicate Man A/B", which go another three characters long.

Orgasm Interrogation ENG PV.png
"win/ full of main# variations" -> I don't know what you mean.
win/ is the directory containing the drawn dialogue box plus the 6 lit/unlit variations of the scene navigation buttons at bottom. The box itself comes in 8 variants named main0 through main100 corresponding to the user-selected opacity. In short, I have to make not one, but eight text boxes with extended tag text display zones.

Do you know how to translate the "close" window which opens when you hit the "X"-button from the window itself?
Couldn't find it at all and it really bothers me, it's the only window left in japanese...
Hit this last wall with 00.txt myself, sadly. Not my highest priority since the in-engine UI is all edited or accounted for, but might be worth a dig into system.lua to see if it's decided as a default there. Don't forget to synchronize its localization with the one edited into 00.txt.

Jun 17, 2020
You could change the name "interrogator" into the more evil "inquisitor". It's a bit shorter. "Syndicate man" should be more or less of a "minion" or "henchman", right? Or you could go for the classic "grunt". That's if they are not important.
-> Just if you don't want to redo the window.

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
"Inquisitor" implies a religious or cult vibe that the script doesn't carry at all even though the MTL product description on DLSite implies that angle. There is a twist that could lead to a name shortening, but it doesn't lead to a credit change following its reveal in the original script.

At any rate, I already whipped up rough main# replacements for the alpha release of my patch; head to its thread if you have further suggestions, insights, or asset trading needs.

Jun 17, 2020
Hi guys, sry that I didn't get to translate much recently.
I don't want to give excuses, I'm simply too lazy.

On another hand, I have started with doing AI driven art.
An application of this AI is high quality decensoring of hentai.
I don't want to get you too excited, but I have done some tests on this game.

Until now, I have finished the first scene, maybe take a look and tell me what you think:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Keep in mind, this view is quite zoomed in.

Last edited:

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
There's something poetic about the machine sex VNs getting machine-translated scripts and machine-decensored CGs. My main issue is going to be consistency - a blur is going to have to be unblurred in exactly the same way across 3-5 images in a scene, usually in spite of other effects (love juices, etc.) being interpolated and blurred alongside it. The simple stuff can be brute-forced with layers in Photoshop/Paint.NET but even that can hit a hurdle if your sources are only 95% similar instead of 99% (you might see this in the next couple days squinting hard enough at what will become Orgasm Interrogation 0.8.0 Beta).

Jun 17, 2020
There's something poetic about the machine sex VNs getting machine-translated scripts and machine-decensored CGs. My main issue is going to be consistency - a blur is going to have to be unblurred in exactly the same way across 3-5 images in a scene, usually in spite of other effects (love juices, etc.) being interpolated and blurred alongside it. The simple stuff can be brute-forced with layers in Photoshop/Paint.NET but even that can hit a hurdle if your sources are only 95% similar instead of 99% (you might see this in the next couple days squinting hard enough at what will become Orgasm Interrogation 0.8.0 Beta).
I should be able to get a consistent look at least for each scene.
And I had to go photoshop already, because of the last two images of the set. -.-
Moving dildo and a lot of fluid.

You are also decensoring your project?

MQCFHaken

Nov 27, 2022
Decensoring isn't on my plate at this time; script comes first. However, I tried to turn the "Sumisumidou" credit mark in the title screen's lower right corner into a blank margin for putting down localized credits, and it turns out the portrait for Yui used there doesn't correspond to any of the 8 in my chr file, and the levelling was off vs. in-game sprites besides. Eventually I pared down my mark patch to a slightly-fuzzier-than-ought strip of thigh that I trust to be too obscured by text to be picked out as an unnatural element.

Henry1887

Aug 2, 2020
Not too much related to this game but rather to the engine:
I have written a python script to unpack and pack ns2 files.