d1Polterghost

Jul 22, 2017
Which is why developers sometimes need to say hey i am making my game my way , and if you don't like it don't play it ...i hate it when i see creative talent,get crushed under the weight of , player wants demands desires ....
Game devs should make games for the players, not themselves. "Dont like it, dont buy it" is a shitty attitude to have, as EA showed us with Battlefield.

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
Game devs should make games for the players, not themselves. "Dont like it, dont buy it" is a shitty attitude to have, as EA showed us with Battlefield.
OK devil's advocate here , should , John Grisham be told half way through his book ,don't write any more court room or law stories , your audience now wants you to write about Magical Dragons ........... what do you think he would say ??????.........

if a story or game starts out with one theme , and has to make a ton of changes to appease the audience , is it still even the same story ????

look at these idiots pushing for a Female James bond or more recently that made superman gay .....just to appease their audience ........That is known as being a SELLOUT you are no longer a true creator or artist if you let your vision get hijacked

think about it .

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
EA is a crappy developer that should have stuck to what they were OK at Sports games ...... When they bought out Westwood and others and started trying to make combat or strategy games .....Every thing they touched TURNED TO CRAP .......because they became a lets shove it out make money and move on .....they make sequel after sequel of the same junk ....rather than Actually trying anything new ..........its like Hollywood and the 5000 Friday the 13th movies ......sequels for the sake of sequels kill any genre

pipetkins

Mar 30, 2019
You are like little children. Isn't it obvious that only a negligible fraction of developers want to release a game (or even a worthwhile game) on Patreon? For most of the developers, the goal is extremely simple - to delay the game and its release as long as possible in order to extract loot from subscribers for as long as possible and no more

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
You are like little children. Isn't it obvious that only a negligible fraction of developers want to release a game (or even a worthwhile game) on Patreon? For most of the developers, the goal is extremely simple - to delay the game and its release as long as possible in order to extract loot from subscribers for as long as possible and no more
that's true but when i feel i am being milked for donations with nothing in return I drop that donation ........there are some devs like you described and then there are others .....that work hard to keep true to what they started and provide regular update on thier progress and when there is a problem or a delay they let you know ....one dev i work with will even suspend his donations if he doesn't put out an update that month due to an issue .....

Reactions: adelmilan

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
OK devil's advocate here , should , John Grisham be told half way through his book ,don't write any more court room or law stories , your audience now wants you to write about Magical Dragons ........... what do you think he would say ??????.........

if a story or game starts out with one theme , and has to make a ton of changes to appease the audience , is it still even the same story ????

look at these idiots pushing for a Female James bond or more recently that made superman gay .....just to appease their audience ........That is known as being a SELLOUT you are no longer a true creator or artist if you let your vision get hijacked

think about it .
Word, the author's should be free but copyright (which intention was to protect inventors) now rips off the original authors and protects publishers instead that's why we are in the current state.
The billion $ companys run this woke agenda only in the west.
In china & saudi arabia they act completely different (disney is the best example for that)
That's called rainbow capitalism and it's not about morals or empathie but this huge billion $ corporations value profit the most.

What I don't understand is why is Superman suddenly portrayed as gay that suggests that you can change your sexuality anytime isn't that what the LGBT fraction always fight against and say that you can only be born gay and therefore can't help it ?

Now speaking about Real Life Sunbay, this game is complete garbo, 3 years in the building and nothing to offer. In the meantime NLT completed 2 games and is already working on his next one.
Playing devil's advocat Tom is inexperienced he is all over the place, his project management is a disaster.

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
Word, the author's should be free but copyright (which intention was to protect inventors) now rips off the original authors and protects publishers instead that's why we are in the current state.
The billion $ companys run this woke agenda only in the west.
In china & saudi arabia they act completely different (disney is the best example for that)
That's called rainbow capitalism and it's not about morals or empathie but this huge billion $ corporations value profit the most.

What I don't understand is why is Superman suddenly portrayed as gay that suggests that you can change your sexuality anytime isn't that what the LGBT fraction always fight against and say that you can only be born gay and therefore can't help it ?

Now speaking about Real Life Sunbay, this game is complete garbo, 3 years in the building and nothing to offer. In the meantime NLT completed 2 games and is already working on his next one.
Playing devil's advocat Tom is inexperienced he is all over the place, his project management is a disaster.
i been gay all my life and I long accepted Superman is straight and in love with Lois ........i see no reason to change that for anyone .......its like saying the hulk is too green , lets change his color to a nice paisley LOL

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
Blatant Provocation that is that people hate each other same with third wave feminism, they play people off against each other.
Leave him like he is, and invent a new superhero who really is gay or whatever like in Mortal Kombat X: Kung Jin appeared as a gay character and that was ok they didn't make Liu Kang gay instead because that wouldn't made sense he always was in love with Shao Khan's daughter, princess Kitana
Yeah maybe they will say Hulk is green that's racist towards aliens now change him.
lol or hulk is now offensive to people that are colorblind cause they don't see green in their spectrum of vision (don't know just spitballing that one )
but we are on the same page , don't mess with the classics if you want a character to be this or that then make a new one ....
this whole supposed push to appeal to a wider audience AKA rake in more money ......just pushes the whole perception of a secret gay agenda to make everyone gay ...which people should know is bullshit there is no such thing , like the war on Christmas garbage ,....freedom to choose has become..... freedom to choose what has already been decided by someone else ,other than you ....and those that don't are the outcasts ....

as to the game its true i only tried it because i saw Female protagonist .........but after playing it i saw that the main purpose for her in game was a half hearted not well done attempt to please the minority ....

Last edited:
Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

TheNextOne

Apr 21, 2020
Wait what happened? When did the game shift to male protagonist? What happened to the female protagonist story, clothes, outfits, animations... it's all scrapped now? Where is the pink bunny, dammit!!?? This game was one of the reasons I got a new PC (and you know what GPU prices are like now) I'm not sure what to search for in the thread to get the information on this change (the changelog just says 'things added are...' Nothing about things being removed or the whole direction of the game changing...)

d1Polterghost

Jul 22, 2017

think about it .
Depends, does the author want more popularity and money by providing what his fanbase expects... or does he just want to fulfill an ambition, boost his ego by completing a thing that he set out to do? Should we support more stuff like The Last Jedi, which is objectively garbage but the creators made what they wanted, or like Mandalorian which is something that pays tribute to the original source material and is liked by the fans?

MARK2580

Sep 6, 2019
The game has turned into some kind of visual novel, interspersed with point-to-point car trips to look at the static footage again. The last playable build was sometime in April of this year. Now, the performance is as terrible as possible, even at the lowest settings, I'm not talking about the weight of the game. It seems that the author does not understand at all why, for example, in GTA5 there are 4 levels of lods and a maximum of 2048 textures where it is required, computers are not yet powerful enough to digest this.

Reactions: Dogless and Ahoy.11

reilynn

Jan 16, 2018
Pretty much. How long as Future Fragments taken? I sub'd to it on Pateron for a bit 6 years ago...and it's only NOW coming out (Dec...hopefully...)

I don't Pateron games anymore, unless it's something just so unique that I love and the developer has show a track record of regular releases (even if only quarterly). Otherwise I wait for them to hit Steam or maybe DLsite...I do beleive there is almost no incentive to rush a product out and quiet the opposite.

I fully understand this takes time. I'm a fucking Star Citizen backer after all. But there's ahs to be a happy medium, or I just nope out.

lolblue25

Sep 16, 2017
Just FYI, the Superman that's actually Bi (not gay) is Jon Kent, son of OG Superman Clark Kent. Clark Kent is still straight and did not change.

i been gay all my life and I long accepted Superman is straight and in love with Lois ........i see no reason to change that for anyone
He didn't change, he's still in love with Lois and Jon is their son.

2.90 star(s) 47 Votes