VN Ren'Py Realm Invader [Ep. 2 P1] [Invader Gary]

4.70 star(s) 63 Votes

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
Hmm... I kinda see what you mean. If you could suggest a rewording that fits for you I'd update it.

The whole threatened/teased part is probably an overstatement. It's stuff like other guys coming on to the girls. I put in that warning specifically to prevent people from getting worried that scenes like that will actually lead somewhere, but for you, it seemed to have the opposite effect.
Maybe it's because most people don't like other guys approaching girls. If you don't want a person to be worried about it just don't put this kind of scene.

Reactions: mrttao

Invader Gary

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Never played the version before this one, but I really liked this demo, keep it going.
lmao, it's awful. It had no idea what it wanted to be. The writing was like 40% the same as the current demo (minus the gags) and 60% hentai game with all-over-the-place writing.

It was a sandbox game for absolutely no reason. The story was linear but it still had an open world and repeatable events for affection points.

And worst of all was the presentation. I think I made it in 1-2 months with ZERO prior experience in Honey Select studio, the renders were miserable, as mentioned in the reviews. There wasn't much in the way of sound design, and I tried making a hand-animated blowjob scene that looked horrendous.

I'm pretty glad I got the response I did. I got roasted for my renders, which is why the game now has the presentation that it currently does. I also got a few "This sucks but you have some good ideas" which helped me not just abandon it.

Thanks for saying you really liked it. The more positive reception here and in itch.io feel like a redemption arc.

Invader Gary

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Gonna ask this again.
Woah, sorry. I somehow read every word of your original comment except that question.
It's not completely BDSM, I'm actually not a fan of it. It's only bondage i.e. sex with a restrained partner. And it will be one of the main girls, even then, it will only be in a few scenes with her.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
lmao, it's awful. It had no idea what it wanted to be. The writing was like 40% the same as the current demo (minus the gags) and 60% hentai game with all-over-the-place writing.

It was a sandbox game for absolutely no reason. The story was linear but it still had an open world and repeatable events for affection points.

And worst of all was the presentation. I think I made it in 1-2 months with ZERO prior experience in Honey Select studio, the renders were miserable, as mentioned in the reviews. There wasn't much in the way of sound design, and I tried making a hand-animated blowjob scene that looked horrendous.

I'm pretty glad I got the response I did. I got roasted for my renders, which is why the game now has the presentation that it currently does. I also got a few "This sucks but you have some good ideas" which helped me not just abandon it.

Thanks for saying you really liked it. The more positive reception here and in itch.io feel like a redemption arc.
Cool, I'm not tainted by the previous version so I cannot comment on it, but I like the setting and shit (the possibility of getting a cute Dark Elf LI is also tempting) mixing technology and magic is always a fun setting.

Keep that redemption arc going.

And regarding the NTR stuff, just state that there will be no NTR, that should be enough, explanations will just confuse people.

ProtDan

Nov 27, 2019
Woah, sorry. I somehow read every word of your original comment except that question.
It's not completely BDSM, I'm actually not a fan of it. It's only bondage i.e. sex with a restrained partner. And it will be one of the main girls, even then, it will only be in a few scenes with her.
No worries, your eyes probably glazed over from my semi rant :V, thanks for taking the time to reply.

BogoHobo

Dec 10, 2018
Looks ok... One question though. If there is supposed to be "No Sexual Content" how can there be an "Incest" tag? I am not sure how that would work just curiuous is all.

Invader Gary

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Looks ok... One question though. If there is supposed to be "No Sexual Content" how can there be an "Incest" tag? I am not sure how that would work just curiuous is all.
Because the demo contains no sexual content.
It's just my personal limit of what I consider reasonable to advertise.
The demo doesn't have a harem either, but then the game would have pretty much no tags and wouldn't show up in many searches on this site.

The moment you get your dick sucked the No Sexual Content tag goes.

Though I'm not sure how this website enforces its false advertisement policy.
I had a note saying which screenshots are not in the demo, and a mod removed it. So I have no idea what they want lmao

ProtDan

Nov 27, 2019
I had a note saying which screenshots are not in the demo, and a mod removed it. So I have no idea what they want lmao
Really depends on how any of the mods feel at any moment (and if they're a fan probably). I've seen people get away with anything short of murder while others got slapped down for seemingly nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: White Lamp

Pushpa Gotama

Dec 7, 2021
Hmm... I kinda see what you mean. If you could suggest a rewording that fits for you I'd update it.

The whole threatened/teased part is probably an overstatement. It's stuff like other guys coming on to the girls. I put in that warning specifically to prevent people from getting worried that scenes like that will actually lead somewhere, but for you, it seemed to have the opposite effect.
people prefer a concrete answer, just say it directly what is your stance and doubts will dissappear and those that will adapt, will.

aze123451

Mar 28, 2020
Because the demo contains no sexual content.
It's just my personal limit of what I consider reasonable to advertise.
The demo doesn't have a harem either, but then the game would have pretty much no tags and wouldn't show up in many searches on this site.

The moment you get your dick sucked the No Sexual Content tag goes.

The "No Sexual Content" tag is for when a game has adult content without sexual content (like "nudity only" games for example). It shouldn't be used to say that your game does not have sexual content currently.
Sexual content gets tagged according to what is available in the version of the game posted (for example, once there will be a BJ scene, you can tag it with "Oral Sex").

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Group sex with multiple females is 100% happening.
I'm thinking of adding 1 or 2 scenes where one of the femboy/trap characters is also involved but it will be highly avoidable. First, you need to be following the male character's route (which is already optional) and even if you are, you can still refuse to share with them.
I don't plan for this to be a big theme, but I personally find it arousing so I want to add it.
Might I suggest adding a note about that for those that would have a similar question in dev notes.

Although personally, I would avoid doing that with the very important LIs, especially the wincest ones (especially siblings... that bring out ones selfish tendencies :S ). Can be a deal breaker for some.

Toksicz

Aug 21, 2019
Great demo. Those animations were sick and the story has crazy potential. Didnt like the exposition dump that much and didnt like the model of one of the characters, the red hair. Thought all the models were kinda generic but red hair girl model was pretty bad. Other than that it was great. Also when it said there will be optional gay stuff, do you mean like mc x femboy or something else? Good luck.

Invader Gary

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Didnt like the exposition dump that much
Exposition is unavoidable with the world I'm building, but I am aware of how full-on the exposition is in the demo. Thankfully it's a demo and subject to change.
I did think about ways to reduce the dump but so far I haven't come up with one. I'm actually still looking into it but the problem is that the things explained in the dump need to be known very soon.
The current idea is simply using dramatic irony. I'll cut the current exposition down and when these things are brought up, the MC already knows about it.
The game will have a lore codex anyway, so some of that stuff can be shifted there.

red hair girl model was pretty bad.
She was the first one I made and hasn't changed since lmao. I do think there is something off regarding her face.

do you mean like mc x femboy or something else?
Every gay thing in this game is with femboys.
I have a one-and-done scene in mind with a throwaway minor character.
A side route with a side character
and a full romance on par with the girls with a major character. this character will be a major character regardless of if you're following his route.

Great demo. Those animations were sick and the story has crazy potential.
Thank you

Reactions: wiseold6996

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Looks nice. As a fellow dev using HS2, I can tell there's a LOT of effort put into those smoothly animated casual scenes. The story looks nice and promising. I don't like the models which look almost like the default ones with a little editing, but that just comes to personal taste. Wrote this here and not as a review because it's still too early to judge. Good luck, dev.

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you're looking for models for characters, you can find plenty of those in the main HS2 post. Have you seen these? I got most my character designs from mixing up a shit load of stuff in here.

RESOURCES__________________________________________________________

Cards:
Official Illusion Character Packs: Mega | GDrive
F95 AI Card Sharing Thread

(JP)

Remember you can search for AI Shoujo cards too.
You can also use the in-game downloader, but you'll require a VPN to spoof the JP geoblock.

Mods:
BetterRepack already contains the essential available mods out there. But you can check these links:
F95 of course

(JP)

4.70 star(s) 63 Votes