DancingPriest

Sep 29, 2017
Online games are abandoned or complete? Huh? Strange logic.
Yeah, this is a pirate forum. If there's nothing except a link to an online game, then that game/link has no buisiness on this forum. I may be wrong, but that is the assumption I've been under for a number of years.

That being said, I'm glad that the thread was updated, as I like this game.

Tecton

May 25, 2017
Yeah, this is a pirate forum. If there's nothing except a link to an online game, then that game/link has no buisiness on this forum. I may be wrong, but that is the assumption I've been under for a number of years.

That being said, I'm glad that the thread was updated, as I like this game.
Some games have online versions with exclusive links in their Patreon that are a further update than what's publicly available.

Meaning online links would still be a form of piracy.

You REALLY didn't think this through, huh?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Some games have online versions with exclusive links in their Patreon that are a further update than what's publicly available.

Meaning online links would still be a form of piracy.

You REALLY didn't think this through, huh?
It's not the same thing though.
Sharing links isn't piracy, even if they're ones that require being a patron to have access to.

Tecton

May 25, 2017
It's not the same thing though.
Sharing links isn't piracy, even if they're ones that require being a patron to have access to.
Not the same?

Someone has to share that private link. How do you think pirated game sget on sites? Someone leaks them from a Patreon or shares something they bought themselves.

They don't just fall out of the sky. Look at you over here, trying to redefine piracy because you don't like online links.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Not the same?

Someone has to share that private link. How do you think pirated game sget on sites? Someone leaks them from a Patreon or shares something they bought themselves.

They don't just fall out of the sky. Look at you over here, trying to redefine piracy because you don't like online links.

Firstly, nobody bought the link. Nobody is buying the game. That's not how being a patron works.

Second, games get on here because people share a DOWNLOAD link, and uploaders will use that to download then upload to different links. That's how digital piracy works.
Simply having a link to a playable online version isn't piracy, because we don't take possession of the game's files by downloading them.

Tecton

May 25, 2017
Firstly, nobody bought the link. Nobody is buying the game. That's not how being a patron works.

Second, games get on here because people share a DOWNLOAD link, and uploaders will use that to download then upload to different links. That's how digital piracy works.
Simply having a link to a playable online version isn't piracy, because we don't take possession of the game's files by downloading them.
Wow, you're really desperate to push this terrible idea of yours.

Piracy is about obtaining a game outside of the intended means. With the advent of sites like Patreon, that no long applies to simply buying a game outright and sharing it.

It also means sharing Patreon-exclusive things. Or similar from other supporting sites.

You're about 15 years behind. Catch up.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
No, I'm literally explaining to you why you're wrong.

Piracy is about obtaining a game outside of the intended means. With the advent of sites like Patreon, that no long applies to simply buying a game outright and sharing it.
"Piracy is about obtaining a game outside of intended means" - You're supporting what I said here.

Playing online through our browsers isn't obtaining the game. It's accessing it, but we don't actually have the game.

It also means sharing Patreon-exclusive things. Or similar from other supporting sites.

"Catch up"?
Nobody wants to catch up to the ignorance you're peddling, because it doesn't mean anything of the sort.

You're trying to stupidly equate it to going to objectively shady streaming sites for movies/tv shows and watching them online, and that itself is not actually piracy. Those sites are committing acts of piracy because they're distributing it for others to view, whilst the people viewing are not committing piracy.

Reactions: DancingPriest

DancingPriest

Sep 29, 2017

I agree that sharing a patreon exclusive link would be in the spirit of piracy; however, that is not the case (well, WAS the case) with this thread.

The last update, before this one, was 19.01 or 19.05. Every subsequent update was only available thru "legal" means, i.e. the online link or patreon. I was asking if this thread should be marked as 'complete' or 'abandoned', as no further updates were being provided.

I mean, if online links to the legal route suffice as piracy, then piratebay should just post links to disney+ and netflix for all TV shows.

Buffmutti

Aug 27, 2021
I wonder. The latest version on Patreon is 0.23.10, but the thread title says 0.23.11. Typo or a secret update?

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Is this still a chore to play? As in are interactions/perks more intuitive to unlock or is this still a grind?
Last time i played was September i think.

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes