Reasearch for an upcoming game. Please share your opinion.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Only that there are teams large and small and not every project needs a dedicated person for the task.
A team leader don't need to be a dedicated person. At work I'm team manager, but it's my role, not my job. My job is senior programmer. And in top of that I double as a guy who manage a team, because my boss trust me, or perhaps because I'm grumpy enough to make them go straight. They are all grown men perfectly capable, but sometime someone have to say stop, or to correct the direction they are taking.
But well, as you said, you aren't without leadership, so it solve this issue.

I would also be carefull not to call small time dev's amateurs :). Some take pride in their independence.
There's no shame in the fact to be amateur. To limit to my field of expertise, I know some who produce better code than me.
But anyway it's not the devs that were amateur in my sentence, but the studio ; and it was amateur by opposition to professional. Most teams on the scene are amateurs, not because they do average job, but because they lack of professionalism (no versioning system, for some we know that they also had no backup, no real lead, no unitary tests, and so on). It's amateur but, as I said, this doesn't mean that they can't do better than professional.

• Love
Reactions: Angel1984

keepclear

Nov 10, 2022
1. female protagonist with glasses
2. little silly chad-looking friend of female protagonist
3. enemies like furries or smth non-binary

Sgt. M

Nov 29, 2018
1. werewolf protagonist (NOT A GAY FURRY ONE, all monster protagonists I've are vampires or goblins)
2. pregnancy
3. incest

Feb 18, 2022
1. Netorare/Netorase
2. Romance
3. Male protag

I don't believe you will create an NTR game, but I will say what I would like in an NTR game anyway.

Playing as a male protagonist, having the ability to corrupt girlfriend/wife with gifts or encourage her to wear more erotic clothes, experiment with sex toys, go on dates with friends to dance clubs and let her dance with others, etc etc, but without telling her that I am excited to see her with others.
Find someone to help me corrupt her, her mother/sister/friend. Someone you can say anything you want but keep it a secret.
Or find someone to seduce her, my own or her father/brother/boss/bully/friend/neighbor.
Ways to be able to watch the scenes without interfering, maybe take pictures of her betrayal and pretend to be someone else and blackmail her.
Being able to choose the clothes she wears to go out and etc.

Basically a sandbox game where instead of being stuck in a fixed story, I can choose her clothes, the meeting place, the people around her, etc etc.

RedTomato

Jul 17, 2020
I agree with anne O'nymous that the responses you'll get here in terms of favourite kinks are unlikely to be helpful. You've probably already done this, but if you want some kind of rough guide as to what kinks may be more liked you could visit "LATESTS UPDATES", sort by rating and look at the tags of the top 50-100 games.

Of course, that won't tell you much about what could work in terms of kinks, just what has worked so far. As others have pointed out, there's a market for just about any kink you could conceive of and many that you couldn't. The more imporant things people look for are:
- Quality writing
- Quality visuals
- Consistent/regular updates
- Good communication

Kinks are kind of secondary to all that, I've enjoyed many games and vn's on here with kinks that I have absolutely zero interest in because they were well made and interesting outside of those kinks. There's some good story tellers out there.

Angel1984

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2020
- Quality writing
- Quality visuals
- Consistent/regular updates
- Good communication

Kinks are kind of secondary to all that, I've enjoyed many games and vn's on here with kinks that I have absolutely zero interest in because they were well made and interesting outside of those kinks. There's some good story tellers out there.
Well.. this is a given.. What we're searching for what is beyond that.

What we did was researching tags of dozens most succesfull projects witch is somewhat familiar to the strategy u mentioned.

Everything you wrote is technicly...not wrong. We are however operating on "i think/ i believe" territory. For example we were surprised on Incest being very popular.( i thought ppl would be afraid of admiting it) . We are surprised noone mentioned mind control. We are surprised pregnancy is quite popular.. Corruption is actually pretty straight forward.
This is confirmation for some thesis we are allready basing our project on and will help me personnally sleep better.
Also we were given some quite nice ideas based on popularity of some tags here . In other words.. This is gold :) . This thread is a success allready.. hope to get more data still.

Last edited:

Sgt. M

Nov 29, 2018
Also:
1. RENPY game system
2. frequent updates
3. consistent dev communication
4. corruption
5. male protagonist

RedTomato

Jul 17, 2020
Well.. this is a given.. What we're searching for what is beyond that.
To be fair, having played quite a few games on here, I can tell you that those things are definitely not a given. I don't just mean that people aim and miss doing some of those things but that it's clear in many instances that they never tried in the first place.

Anyway, if nothing else this thread has piqued my curiousity on what you come out with.

Best of luck to you.

• Love

Oppai Hunter

Feb 5, 2022
Hello. I've wanted to post a pool but as it's restricted to only few answers we'll settle with plain posts.
This is a reasearch of most popular kinks witch will be used in an upcoming project .
Please select 3 of your favorite tags and post them below. Witch tag is most preferable in your search.
Sandbox
Management
Male protagonist

Monster girl capturing and fighting mechanics (like in pokemon games) There are very few games out there

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I don't know if the thread has served its purpose already since I just read the first couple of posts, but here are mine:
1. Harem (but a very specific type which would be better described as either a polyamorous relationship or an open relationship)
2. Fantasy (anything that brings an extra layer to the world besides just a slice of life with sex)
3. Incest (Quite partial to this one as well although I probably have something else I like more this is what I remembered)

My only overall request would be, if your team doesn't have a personal experience with a fetish or even if all of you do, doing some research is never harmful, there is plenty of erotica to see what people like to wright and read but there is also, and probably more, fetishes/tags(or as close to the tags at this moment in time as possible) that actually happen in real life and could be adapted.

Angel1984

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2020
I don't know if the thread has served its purpose already since I just read the first couple of posts, but here are mine:
1. Harem (but a very specific type which would be better described as either a polyamorous relationship or an open relationship)
2. Fantasy (anything that brings an extra layer to the world besides just a slice of life with sex)
3. Incest (Quite partial to this one as well although I probably have something else I like more this is what I remembered)

My only overall request would be, if your team doesn't have a personal experience with a fetish or even if all of you do, doing some research is never harmful, there is plenty of erotica to see what people like to wright and read but there is also, and probably more, fetishes/tags(or as close to the tags at this moment in time as possible) that actually happen in real life and could be adapted.
Every bit of feedback helps . TY :).

• Red Heart
Reactions: TundraLupus