VN Ren'Py Abandoned Reasonable Doubt [v0.0.0.1] [Deviant Delights]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

I am disappointed to say that recent developments have forced me to reevaluate and push back the development schedule for Reasonable Doubt. This is largely due to starting a new job, which is taking up a considerable amount of my free time. In addition the main video card I used for rendering had begun overheating which has rendered it useless.
Development on Reasonable Doubt will continue as soon as I'm able to purchase a new video card but unfortunately my work schedule will continue to restrict the amount of time I have available to work on this project.
Given these factors I have decided to stop accepting Patrons for the time being while I work through these issues. I cannot in good faith accept pledges if I cannot commit to a release schedule.
Pledges made thus far have been refunded.
I appreciate the support I've received from this amazing community and look forward to continuing development on Reasonable Doubt in the near future.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018

I am disappointed to say that recent developments have forced me to reevaluate and push back the development schedule for Reasonable Doubt. This is largely due to starting a new job, which is taking up a considerable amount of my free time. In addition the main video card I used for rendering had begun overheating which has rendered it useless.
Development on Reasonable Doubt will continue as soon as I'm able to purchase a new video card but unfortunately my work schedule will continue to restrict the amount of time I have available to work on this project.
Given these factors I have decided to stop accepting Patrons for the time being while I work through these issues. I cannot in good faith accept pledges if I cannot commit to a release schedule.
Pledges made thus far have been refunded.
I appreciate the support I've received from this amazing community and look forward to continuing development on Reasonable Doubt in the near future.
Already? This game had such amazing potential!

But nah, I'm not guilting you nor shedding doubt on the validity of your reasoning... I just hope you realize how much of a gem you had with this game. You were 1-2 releases away from blowing the fuck up and solving all, or at least most, of your financial problems (in my humble opinion-okay maybe not so "humble" because I'm usually not wrong about these things).

Anyway, good luck with your real life stuff... but I truly hope to see you again soon and you continue work on this amazing project.

NoBrainTrust

Jun 16, 2017
He did not gave up but kinda declared he need a new video card & time. Any or either costs money & time, which he does not have. So tag it as abandoned please. (someone?)

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Shame that another dev probably took to much on his shoulders before thinking how much time and hardware it costs. Luckely he is/was smart enough to stop the pledging.

This game could have gone to the limit, the start was very promising.
Now......just down the drain

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote