4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yup, me too. Other thing I don't know is, with how many thral will we end up.

Yet some of mine other thoughs are:
  • We are a fleedling without a sire. Wouln'd it be normal that we would received final death sentece? So, why not? What is the "big" reason behind for them to not "enforce" the traditions?
  • To add to our sinful deeds, we have broken the masqerade as we told Laury who we rellay are. As I know, this one is one highest offence a kindred can do.
  • Don't we add another point to the lengthen list of misdemeanour if we let the hunters life or entrhall them or even embrace them?
  • Also who is his sheriff of this domain?
  • What are we? Where comes our different talents as a kindred? And of course which history has our mysterious sire?
  • Until now we have shared our blood with Sharon once and she also drinked from her once. If we repeat this two times more, than we both are entrahled to each others. Will this happend?
  • Can we loss to our beast? And does our choice have an impact to what of our humanity is left?
  • Can we even enthrall other vampires (beside Sharon and without enthralling us to them)?
  • What is our talent in the charisma category?
  • And when can we put final death on our dear prince?:devilish:

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Can we even enthrall other vampires (beside Sharon and without enthralling us to them)?
that's what the archon wanted to do with Sharon
What is our talent in the charisma category?
looks like presence/domnate
And when can we put final death on our dear prince?:devilish:
my guess would be that the redhead sire will be the one to end him
We are a fleedling without a sire. Wouln'd it be normal that we would received final death sentece? So, why not? What is the "big" reason behind for them to not "enforce" the traditions?
To add to our sinful deeds, we have broken the masqerade as we told Laury who we rellay are. As I know, this one is one highest offence a kindred can do.
probably the elders were bored and decided to let MC live, and if Sharon didn't pull her connections, after killing Laurie, the archon's goons would come for the MC
Don't we add another point to the lengthen list of misdemeanour if we let the hunters life or entrhall them or even embrace them?
Embracing takes a toll on humanity, so the one vampire we can make gotta make it count

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
  • We are a fleedling without a sire. Wouln'd it be normal that we would received final death sentece? So, why not? What is the "big" reason behind for them to not "enforce" the traditions?
  • VTM V.5 Camarilla isn't as powerful as before, many things have changed due to recent events, including tolerance towards thin bloods, Caitiff and others.
  • To add to our sinful deeds, we have broken the masqerade as we told Laury who we rellay are. As I know, this one is one highest offence a kindred can do.
  • Sharon saved the day here.
  • Don't we add another point to the lengthen list of misdemeanour if we let the hunters life or entrhall them or even embrace them?
  • Only if the Archon knows.
  • Until now we have shared our blood with Sharon once and she also drinked from her once. If we repeat this two times more, than we both are entrahled to each others. Will this happend?
  • It could form a blood bond between them but we will see if the game goes in that direction.
  • Can we loss to our beast? And does our choice have an impact to what of our humanity is left?
  • I don't think so, but the game give you the option to reject the beast gifs so who knows?
  • Can we even enthrall other vampires (beside Sharon and without enthralling us to them)?
  • Yes, you can enthrall others vampires or be enthralled by them.
  • What is our talent in the charisma category?
  • Still not in game.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
U seem to forget while Rebirth is clearly inspired by VTM it isn't VTM, we don't know the exact rules and punishments.
The elders where lenient as the problem was immediately dealt with and no further damage occurred.

Don't we add another point to the lengthen list of misdemeanour if we let the hunters life or entrhall them or even embrace them?
I would say let a Hunter (even if only a amateur) live or set her free would be a heavy breach of rules...
as for enthralling her or make her a vamp i don't see a problem, though we don't know if u need permission to turn her into a vamp.

Also who is his sheriff of this domain?
We only know the city is separated into different districts each one ruled by a Archon and the Princeps above them...there was no mention of other authorities until now.

What is our talent in the charisma category?
Well depends on the bloodline of our Sire which we don't know anything about, so it could be pretty much anything...i hope it isn't something commen/boring as presence/domination

waiwode

Dec 10, 2019
Yet some of mine other thoughs are:
The biggest reason is that this *isn't* actually Vampire: the Masquerade, although it looks like it and was clearly inspired by it.

At no point has being without a sire been described as grounds for death in this game.

We do know the vampiric society has contacts in (and possibly control of) the hospitals. MC's condition was discovered, and a vampire (Sharon) was dispatched to deal with it.

It is important to note that at this moment if the vampiric society wanted their new vampires dead, MC would be dead.

Instead, this seems to be normal. Certainly being set as MC's mentor is a punishment for Sharon, but it seems to be a minor punishment. A political manuevre, more than the iron hand of tyranny that the Archon tries to use later.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
The biggest reason is that this *isn't* actually Vampire: the Masquerade, although it looks like it and was clearly inspired by it.

At no point has being without a sire been described as grounds for death in this game.

We do know the vampiric society has contacts in (and possibly control of) the hospitals. MC's condition was discovered, and a vampire (Sharon) was dispatched to deal with it.

It is important to note that at this moment if the vampiric society wanted their new vampires dead, MC would be dead.

Instead, this seems to be normal. Certainly being set as MC's mentor is a punishment for Sharon, but it seems to be a minor punishment. A political manuevre, more than the iron hand of tyranny that the Archon tries to use later.
I think we don't actually know if that is common at all, or how its usually handeld. For all we know mc's sire told the archon about the mc and instructed him to get mc trained untill she is ready to take over. (if she has any interest in the mc at all)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
VTM V.5 Camarilla isn't as powerful as before, many things have changed due to recent events, including tolerance towards thin bloods, Caitiff and others.
Isn't it up to the story writer which setting is used? Could be your explanation or could be some other story behind it. Yet I only know VTM through video game.
But my own self would be more intrested in some backstories, than some "simple" explanation;)
Yes, you can enthrall others vampires or be enthralled by them.
Is it this already in the game or it is only planned? That you could do this as an VTM vampire, even I know it.:) Same goes for the beast. Question is what is planned and what is already in it.
Eg. the two options to use a talent, as fair as I concerned it didn't have a greater impact on the story yet. However it could as with other question similar.

Sure, but we know little about the lore that game use other than it is strong influenced from VTM.

And the game would also be ended long before.;)
We also know our sire is quiet bored, so it wouldn't do much if her childe would face final death soon after the embrace. So she either have influced the decision in more than one way. Otherwise we could also end up with another teacher and more straight follower of the Camilla than Sharon.
Furthermore if the Archon would know our potention why should he let Sharon teach us? This wouldn't make sense as he cleary search for every chance to put her in place. Only to give her this new childe with unkown potential, so she could turn table with him?
So I don't think the Archon know much of our potential as well as the others. So either our sire must have intervented or some other 3rd party.

As we already been showed different fraction, layers and so on. The setup is more than intresting for me and all the bit and piece shows that it could rise quiet high in my list of games.
Really like games that I can spin some theories.:D

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
Isn't it up to the story writer which setting is used? Could be your explanation or could be some other story behind it. Yet I only know VTM through video game.
But my own self would be more intrested in some backstories, than some "simple" explanation;)

Is it this already in the game or it is only planned? That you could do this as an VTM vampire, even I know it.:) Same goes for the beast. Question is what is planned and what is already in it.
Eg. the two options to use a talent, as fair as I concerned it didn't have a greater impact on the story yet. However it could as with other question similar.

Sure, but we know little about the lore that game use other than it is strong influenced from VTM.

And the game would also be ended long before.;)
We also know our sire is quiet bored, so it wouldn't do much if her childe would face final death soon after the embrace. So she either have influced the decision in more than one way. Otherwise we could also end up with another teacher and more straight follower of the Camilla than Sharon.
Furthermore if the Archon would know our potention why should he let Sharon teach us? This wouldn't make sense as he cleary search for every chance to put her in place. Only to give her this new childe with unkown potential, so she could turn table with him?
So I don't think the Archon know much of our potential as well as the others. So either our sire must have intervented or some other 3rd party.

As we already been showed different fraction, layers and so on. The setup is more than intresting for me and all the bit and piece shows that it could rise quiet high in my list of games.
Really like games that I can spin some theories.:D
I believe Sharon was chosen to teach the mc because the archon hoped she would screw up somehow. We know he wants to enthrall her and jumps at the first opportunity to do so. If the archon knows about the mc's potential all the more reason to chose Sharon. Mc would be a more unruly pupil and the archon seems arrogant to me, I don't believe he sees the mc as a threat, even if he knows of his potential.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
We don't know if the Camarilla or some similar organization even exist in this game. We only knew from ep.1 that there is the Tempel which plays swizerland for negotiations beetwen more powerfull vamps, but we don't know how powerfull/influential of a organization it is, nor if it has other funtions than a neutral place for negotiations,

Yes i think it is pretty clear that neither the Archon nor anyone else knows of the potential the Mc has.

I highly doubt that our Sire has influenced any decision, why would she care if the MC has Sharon or some different teacher. The Archon seems to have no clue who the Mc's Sire is as he describes her and the Archon was the one who decided for Sharon, likely as punishment for her.
Maybe the Sire watches over the Mc from the shadows, so she could interfere if he was to become the playting for the Archon, though that is pure speculation at moment.

Reactions: c3p0

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I highly doubt that our Sire has influenced any decision, why would she care if the MC has Sharon or some different teacher. The Archon seems to have no clue who the Mc's Sire is as he describes her and the Archon was the one who decided for Sharon, likely as punishment for her.
Maybe the Sire watches over the Mc from the shadows, so she could interfere if he was to become the playting for the Archon, though that is pure speculation at moment.
a thing that could be key in understanding the decision of keeping the MC alive would be the sire's thrall... if he/she dropped the MC on the sire's order, the the thrall could have also informed the right person working for the vampires, that an embraced fledgling was made. the archon's council would be clueless yet would still think thrice before granting the final death to the childe of an unknown vampire that had enough status to have a well dressed thrall.
for this reason they've sent Sharon and not Eloise or Astrid, they were threatng the case with velevet gloves. as of the mistakes MC made, I think there's a rule that makes a sire responsible for his/her fledgling's sins.

Reactions: Ragnar

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
a thing that could be key in understanding the decision of keeping the MC alive would be the sire's thrall... if he/she dropped the MC on the sire's order, the the thrall could have also informed the right person working for the vampires, that an embraced fledgling was made. the archon's council would be clueless yet would still think thrice before granting the final death to the childe of an unknown vampire that had enough status to have a well dressed thrall.
for this reason they've sent Sharon and not Eloise or Astrid, they were threatng the case with velevet gloves. as of the mistakes MC made, I think there's a rule that makes a sire responsible for his/her fledgling's sins.
Well thats a possibility, but if that is the case then there are not even the slightest hints of that.
Sharon also doesn't seem bothered as the Mc says he has no clue about his sire...if that theory is true i would have at least expected some reaction like 'it's strange that they let u live' or something along this lines...but from her reaction i think it isn't that uncommen or heavy of a situation.

imfedupdawg

May 8, 2020
quick clarifying question, lets say Sharon & MC decide to enthrall one another by feeding off each other twice more, what would that mean/do exactly?

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
So are there any current theories on who sire'd the MC? Was she like some kind of high nobility and/or an ancient one? It seems like he has kind of vision/copycat power?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
From the sectence about her being bored to death. Yet we didn't see her meddle much with other kindred besides her strange party and that she gives us 50'000 for one gig, my conclusion is:
  • She is most likely an old on one. Would surprise me, if she seen the world for more than a few centuries.
  • From our own unique talent I assume she also have some unique talents
  • That know other kindred know her, yet she walk her own path and it seems that her path isn't much connected to the Camilla. Means for me, she knows the them and the game very well.
Also I'm sure we see her again. I'm not so sure about the circumstances for the next encounter(s), but I'm sure that we shall be cautioned around her.

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Vampires are not often left to fend for themselves, usually it is done when a vampire doesnt have permission from his/her clan to create them, or when the Prince hasnt authorised it, then again it does happen, and as long as they learn the proper order of things they would often be left alive, more often than not its happens to Caitifs aka thinbloods, they are a bad omen. Anyway obviously the MC is higher gen than that atleast 13th, but with his powers even 12th gen seems a little low, And since the Archon wanted to use him against Sharon, he had to have something that they thought was worthwhile to keep, and at that point the Archon couldn't just kill him, what use is a dead tool.

The MC's Sire mentioned rome from memory and how boring it had gotten over the time since then, she actually seemed older than rome from her attitude, so Id say yes, she was ancient, id guess she was of an offshoot from Toredor, there were several known branches, but I'd say she is a bit more separate than those known sub-clans.

Many in ancient times learned from other bloodlines, and if her blood was strong enough some of her powers would definately pass to the MC, she could even be powerful enough that while the archon and others probably have met her, she probably made them forget, why be bothered by youngsters like him afterall, he was a spoiled little brat afterall, the MC however had a fire that she liked.

If she was that old, some of that power could easily pass to the MC, infact it would be almost certain, so that the other vampires just treat him like any other 9th to 12th gen vampire, they wouldn't know to fear what he could become, and depending on how old she truely was he could even be 5th to 6th gen, the chances he would become a power to fear at that generation would be high, and that power would be unbelievable.

Heck, his visions give a hint that he is atleast 11th Gen as the only powers I remember like his from the books arent really accessible to lower generation vampires, and even at that level he could become a real powerhouse. Ammendment: I have found that some Caitifs, and thin-bloods can get a form of visions, I still dont think thats what we have with the MC though, Id stick with my belief that he is around 11th Gen, if only because of how well he can control what blood he had got. (Edit due to the book Time of Thin Blood, and the fact that if he was Caitif - Clanless, and a Thinblood they would have killed him for any breach of the rules)

She may well be seperate from the two main factions, someone messes with her they forget what they were doing, and either leave a "Dangerous Area" or she just kills them, the two men at that meeting were more than likely ancients, but they knew not to mess with "The Lady of the Temple". That sort of respect takes hundreds if not thousands of years for vampires to garner. And I know i've seen the term before, but Im not sure what book the temple was mention in, I think it was dark ages or similar, either that or it refers to her being the Keeper of the Elysium, which does seem to fit, may even explain why noone thought she might be the MC's Sire, the Keeper is too highly respected, and the Building being her Temple would also fit, vampires would know you dont mess around in her domain.

The worst crime is actually Diablerie, draining all of what a vampire is and gaining power from the act, destroying them in the process, although there are some cases where it has been allowed, and Tremere actually commited the act at the beginning of their clan.

Also people have mentioned the eastern vampires the Kuei-Jin, and some of their powers are truely scary if you could use them in the right way, some resisting to a degree the effects of sunlight, very few western vampires gain their secrets though, probably under a dozen total.

Generation is how far below the first vampire Cain you are, and 13th is the most distant they have allowed for, below that you are Caitif and usually too weak to worry about.

Last edited:

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Vampires are not often left to fend for themselves, usually it is done when a vampire doesnt have permission from his/her clan to create them, or when the Prince hasnt authorised it, then again it does happen, and as long as they learn the proper order of things they would often be left alive, more often than not its happens to Caitifs aka thinbloods, they are a bad omen. Anyway obviously the MC is higher gen than that atleast 13th, but with his powers even 12th gen seems a little low, And since the Archon wanted to use him against Sharon, he had to have something that they thought was worthwhile to keep, and at that point the Archon couldn't just kill him, what use is a dead tool.

The MC's Sire mentioned rome from memory and how boring it had gotten over the time since then, she actually seemed older than rome from her attitude, so Id say yes, she was ancient, id guess she was of an offshoot from Toredor, there were several known branches, but I'd say she is a bit more separate than those known sub-clans.

Many in ancient times learned from other bloodlines, and if her blood was strong enough some of her powers would definately pass to the MC, she could even be powerful enough that while the archon and others probably have met her, she probably made them forget, why be bothered by youngsters like him afterall, he was a spoiled little brat afterall, the MC however had a fire that she liked.

If she was that old, some of that power could easily pass to the MC, infact it would be almost certain, so that the other vampires just treat him like any other 9th to 12th gen vampire, they wouldn't know to fear what he could become, and depending on how old she truely was he could even be 5th to 6th gen, the chances he would become a power to fear at that generation would be high, and that power would be unbelievable.

Heck, his visions give a hint that he is atleast 11th Gen as the only powers I remember like his from the books arent really accessible to lower generation vampires, and even at that level he could become a real powerhouse. Ammendment: I have found that some Caitifs, and thin-bloods can get a form of visions, I still dont think thats what we have with the MC though, Id stick with my belief that he is around 11th Gen, if only because of how well he can control what blood he had got. (Edit due to the book Time of Thin Blood, and the fact that if he was Caitif - Clanless, and a Thinblood they would have killed him for any breach of the rules)

She may well be seperate from the two main factions, someone messes with her they forget what they were doing, and either leave a "Dangerous Area" or she just kills them, the two men at that meeting were more than likely ancients, but they knew not to mess with "The Lady of the Temple". That sort of respect takes hundreds if not thousands of years for vampires to garner. And I know i've seen the term before, but Im not sure what book the temple was mention in, I think it was dark ages or similar, either that or it refers to her being the Keeper of the Elysium, which does seem to fit, may even explain why noone thought she might be the MC's Sire, the Keeper is too highly respected, and the Building being her Temple would also fit, vampires would know you dont mess around in her domain.

The worst crime is actually Diablerie, draining all of what a vampire is and gaining power from the act, destroying them in the process, although there are some cases where it has been allowed, and Tremere actually commited the act at the beginning of their clan.

Also people have mentioned the eastern vampires the Kuei-Jin, and some of their powers are truely scary if you could use them in the right way, some resisting to a degree the effects of sunlight, very few western vampires gain their secrets though, probably under a dozen total.

Generation is how far below the first vampire Cain you are, and 13th is the most distant they have allowed for, below that you are Caitif and usually too weak to worry about.
Malkavians get the gift of insight as clan perk... and the sire is probably a 4th generation

Reactions: Valeck and Haast

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Malkavians get the gift of insight as clan perk... and the sire is probably a 4th generation
But beyond being super horny, MC is too "not crazy" for a malkavian. I know that malkavian craziness can take any form but he might not have any curse if this is his level of crazy.

Reactions: Haast

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Game Compressor
Donor
Sep 18, 2017
Making her a Methuselah would be a bad idea storywise, in my opinion, she'd be too damn strong to make her fit anywhere that wasn't some random encounter

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Making her a Methuselah would be a bad idea storywise, in my opinion, she'd be too damn strong to make her fit anywhere that wasn't some random encounter
That is if you want her to have an active "I rule/control/fight/dominate" personality. If she is just bored, creating conflict for MC just because she enjoys it (which I personality would love it), she can remain strong storywise, create a lot of plot without any problem, until a bigger fish enters the fishtank, when she can join MC's vamp family.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes