4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I'm really sad to hear about Brian Mitsoda. He was my main hope that the game would be good.

Rebirth is the best vampire game I've played since bloodlines tbh. Says a lot about the state of vampire games.
Have you ever tried Vampyr? it is quite interesting.

Anyway we may know why he was trully fired in the future. For now i will hold my tongue and wait for Rebirth next update. :cool:

Reactions: Ragnar

Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
Have you ever tried Vampyr? it is quite interesting.

Anyway we may know why he was trully fired in the future. For now i will hold my tongue and wait for Rebirth next update. :cool:
I did but I lost interest about halfway through unfortunately. It might have been my fault for playing a "good" vampire, I just remember too many conversations with NPCs who I didn't find interesting.

Last edited:

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
I'm hoping to see MC and Sharon tangle with whatever was in the woods and/or that thing in the hospital. Not sure how a Charisma power would play in there, but yea.
Also hoping for more with the Carmen and Laurie storylines. MC needs a new thrall I think. Someone who has more of a daylight based life. Laurie makes her living, and by extension maybe MC's, by working at night with the same schedule as MC. Lately they've been passing ships in the night.
I wonder if Sharon is going to tell MC about what will happen if they keep sharing blood.

What kind of game is Vampyr?

Last edited:

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
I'm hoping to see MC and Sharon tangle with whatever was in the woods and/or that thing in the hospital. Not sure how a Charisma power would play in there, but yea.
Also hoping for more with the Carmen and Laurie storylines. MC needs a new thrall I think. Someone who has more of a daylight based life. Laurie makes her living, and by extension maybe MC's, by working at night with the same schedule as MC. Lately they've been passing ships in the night.
I wonder if Sharon is going to tell MC about what will happen if they keep sharing blood.
Charisma power in that situation would definitely be a sight to see. I can't even think up what that power would be. Perhaps coercing information without using threats?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

What kind of game is Vampyr?
It will likely work as Sharon's mind control ability.
And Sharon already said to Dan that vampires can enthrall each other if they share blood.

Vampyr is about a doctor in London,1918, who gets turned into a vampire in the middle of a strange epidemic. So do you fight the disease as a doctor or feed on people as a vampire?
It has a very interesting story and really nice ambientation from a early XX century London, plus it is fully voiced. Gameplay suffers a bit with clunky controls tough.

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
It will likely work as Sharon's mind control ability.
And Sharon already said to Dan that vampires can enthrall each other if they share blood.

Vampyr is about a doctor in London,1918, who gets turned into a vampire in the middle of a strange epidemic. So do you fight the disease as a doctor or feed on people as a vampire?
It has a very interesting story and really nice ambientation from a early XX century London, plus it is fully voiced. Gameplay suffers a bit with clunky controls tough.
Is it a PC game?

She told him that they can enthrall each other, but she hasn't talked abut what happens if they both drink from the other three times or both enthrall the other. Isn't that basically vampire marriage?
Yea, I figure that the Charisma power will probably be some form of mind control. So I'm not expecting there to be monster combat in this next update. I wonder what kind of stat MC's visions would be theoretically based on. Also curious if the devs have plans for secondary level powers or anything like that for the future. I've no clue what kind of plans they have for the game at all.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Is it a PC game?

She told him that they can enthrall each other, but she hasn't talked abut what happens if they both drink from the other three times or both enthrall the other. Isn't that basically vampire marriage?
Yes. On sale both at GOG and Steam. I recommend putting it on a wishlist and waiting for a sales promotion.

Sharon did implied how serious it was when she talked about her and Astrid.

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
Off topic bad news you guys may care. Lead writer of Bloodlines 2 was fired, which was the lead writer of Bloodlines 1, the main reason people were exited about the sequel. I requested a cancellation of my preorder on GOG.
Seems like Rebirth is our one last stronghold of hope.
I am downloading Bloodlines 1... is it gud?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I am downloading Bloodlines 1... is it gud?
It is extremely good, but you NEED the unofficial patch. The game suffered from a terrible release, because of bad management, and it was the mod community the one that made it survive (15 years later they still improve the game). In fact, when the game was released it was impossible to finish it because the bugs will make it crash in a level. And the company soon declared bankrupcy. Seriously, that the game has become some a great niche game even with such a bad production shows what a great game was at its core. That is why Brian getting fired hurts so much. He was the lead writer, and if you look into all reviews, they will tell you: it is the writing, the conversation, the environment that made it so good. Technical aspects are pretty much broken without the patch.
Just don't play malkavian first.

But let us not get off topic. I am so happy Rewrite is still there. Seriously, my last vampire hope.... :(

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
It is extremely good, but you NEED the unofficial patch. The game suffered from a terrible release, because of bad management, and it was the mod community the one that made it survive (15 years later they still improve the game). In fact, when the game was released it was impossible to finish it because the bugs will make it crash in a level. And the company soon declared bankrupcy. Seriously, that the game has become some a great niche game even without such a bad production shows what a great game was at its core. That is why Brian getting fired hurts so much. He was the lead writer, and if you look into all reviews, they will tell you: it is the writing, the conversation, the environment that made it so good. Technical aspects are pretty much broken without the patch.
Just don't play malkavian first.
The quality looks awefull... unofficial patch makes it?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The quality looks awefull... unofficial patch makes it?
First, remember the game was released on 2004. The unofficial patch makes way better, but it is not the standard skyrim patch that pretty much makes it look like next gen. Trust me, search for the unnofficial patch and install the full version. No reason why not to, as the main developer of the patch has really looked into the file and the full version is still lore friendly. And makes it for a great game, even with all the problems embedded into its engine (which is an alpha version of half life 2 engine.. I mean, seriously, an Alpha version? what the fuck were they thinking?)

Reactions: xDEEPx

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I mean, seriously, an Alpha version? what the fuck were they thinking?)
They were ahead of their time. :devilish: Today it isn't something unusual if the game someone published is at their alpha or beta stage.
And it was a good game, with the community patch. If I remember correctly, the company behind it was terminated shortly after the release. The first few patch were official, but then the community had the "privilege" to continue.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
Can anyone having access to the patreon posts post the latest development update? There's one on August 10th. Maybe there's mention of release date in that?? :D

moonmite84

Jan 17, 2020
Yes. On sale both at GOG and Steam. I recommend putting it on a wishlist and waiting for a sales promotion.

Sharon did implied how serious it was when she talked about her and Astrid.
Honestly, I can't remember when Sharon actually talked about her and Astrid instead of brushing it aside or acknowledging it at most.

Exavius

Jun 19, 2017
I am surprised you even brought up the ancient race of Antediluvian in the first place.
They are basically the creators or founders of each branch of vampires.
Do you think the MCs sire is that old?

How would the red-haired voluptuous beauty mask her appearance so convincingly for 2 millennia, the amount of raw and focused power she would have naturally had (that in itself brings up another bit of speculation since red hair wasn't a genetic evolution for several hundred years later), that would easily have put her at a god-like level and ruler of all without question.

As much as I would appreciate the story going in that direction, I can't sit here and convince myself that the MC and of course his sire to be Antediluvian, though he is certainly showing signs of several sources, much like a smorgasbord of all races combined into one, considering the 3 abilities we have seen so far (including ones that Sharon doesn't believe even with her own eyes)

I like where your head is at, food for thought.
I'm sorry my knowledge on VtM isn't extreme, I just played Bloodlines, and watch some Youtube videos here, and there but correct me if I'm wrong. Don't vampires retain their appearance? Hell, down to the bone, every time you wake up, you go back to the way you were when you "died". Also the reason why I brought up Antideluvians, is because afaik they're not bound by clan characteristics as much as their childer are, so they might have multiple abilities. Also we need to remember, this story isn't 100% set in the VtM universe, so it could be some sort of spin off with original characters, sort of like your own campaign.
Last but not least, I wouldn't read into the red hair too much, hell dyes are a thing. Also Vicissitude is a thing.

EDIT:
I also want to add that prophecies are a thin-blood thing IIRC, though his are more visions of the past? So that could be a bit of malkavian, with thin blood abilities mixed, and formed into a new ability for this novel. Either way I love VtM, and I'm interested in anything remotely similar, this is why I have 0 issues with the lack of sex in this game, it's genuinely the story/characters that I'm here for as this has a lot of potential.

Reactions: c3p0 and D3xzalias

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
I usually don't like supernatural and mind-control tags since those are often end up boring VN's.. Saying Rebirth surpassed my expectations is downplaying my enjoyment, damn. Honestly, I felt so amazed by my experience of it. World making was so insane. Later on from here I learned it was based on Vampire The Masquerade. I knew how good that game was but I haven't played it because it was an old game. Now I regret it.

Now onto the game itself, I liked the plot and story is being told amazingly. It is mesmerizing. I thought my choices were like the only way the game would play out, like a movie. Brilliantly immersive. I was going to complain about the collection of girls since they were few but, after spending time with Sharon it came very naturally that she is the only girl MC will ever need. I'm a proud simp for her and she will be the only mistress MC will ever need.

Regarding to almost non-existing the lewd scenes, when the player naturally wants to pick the sensible, nicer option for a girl rather than the usual lewd choice, you know the game got you good. For example, I instantly chose the option which tells Merrick to close the peeping hole. It just felt natural. Characters do feel alive(no pun intended), rather than simple sex objects.

Renders are brilliant, models look very pristine. Attention to the detail is insane. Especially for the nos species of vampires. Animations/Short videos would be a nice bonus if they ever arrive, but I'm not that hurt that they are missing. Not vital for a VN.

Now I want to ask some stuff. Also maybe criticize even because I enjoyed the game a lot. A Critique makes it perfect, I wouldn't bother for an average game that I skim through and forget it.
  • Is the universe exactly the same as VtM? Close imitation or can you get spoiled from playing the computer game? I prefer if developer adds little flavor over time to make it more distinct.
  • Why do Sharon's RP points listed as "SharonSavLaurie" ? Does that mean Sharon will save Laurie depending on RP in future? If so, it is very telling to a fault.
  • Music sometimes fell out of place and even repetitive at times. I'm guessing they are the ost from the game. Also other sound effects also get muted even if you only lower music volume . I couldn't hear the scream in the forest for example.
  • Will there be a corruption/servant route for Laurie? The alternative choices for her always felt like we are ordering her around and starting to a master/servant relationship with her. Not that I want it personally, it is just her having only Lover +/- points in walkthrough did kind of suprised me.
  • Carmen literally baited Sharon and put her bloody hand near her face. It was like an obvious test to see if they would react to the blood and Sharon still let MC go to her house alone without a suspicion. Even if it was done for story's sake, MC being in danger and Sharon's guilt over it, eventually making them closer. Still it felt a weak point of the plot, I was suprised a old vampire like her who suppose to know a lot of shit with her life experience, did not suspect hunters at all.
  • MC got his first kill, which was a life and death situation and even so, MC took it like a pro. I figured adrenaline and such at first but he never talked about it even after it. I expected a sequence where he would look disturbed and unstable to everything that was happening and Sharon would comfort him. I know MC is like a super royal vampire or something power-wise but still he was just a normal human days ago, I expected more reaction from him to everything that is happening. Especially him killing someone.
  • Is there a point of rejecting those super powers? I thought better powers would come later or something but it doesn't make sense. Why is there a option to reject powers exist? Does MC have a limit on how many powers he can use?
I say again, I enjoyed the game a lot overall, just these are some minor stuff that did bat my eye or wondered about it.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes