4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
That was a nice reading, but let me comment on some of the things you claim are critique. Not all are really valid.
Is the universe exactly same as VtM? Close imitation or can you get spoiled from playing the computer game? I prefer if developer adds little flavor over time to make it more distinct.
If anything, this is a matter of taste. I don't care whether it is original or not here, provided it is logically consistent. If devs are going to make new rules, they better stick to them. We'll see.
Why does Sharon's RP points listed as "SharonSavLaurie" ? Does that mean Sharon will save Laurie depending on RP in future? If so, it is very telling to a fault.
This is NOT a valid critique. Why are you reading into the code? Is like going to the last page of a book and then claiming the ending was spoiled. Having said that, I think that is just the remnant of the name for the variable when you are supposed to go and search for Laurie. I doubt they have look ahead that much in the plot.
Music sometimes fell out of place and even repetitive at times. I'm guessing they are the ost from the game. Also other sound effects also get muted even if you only lower music volume . I couldn't hear the scream in the forest for example.
Totally agree with you. Music has too little variation and it is not well executed. It is very hard to find games in which the music is done right. I think Avalon is one of the few.
Will there be a corruption/servant route for Laurie? The alternative choices for her always felt like we are ordering her around and starting to a master/servant relationship with her. Not that I want it personally, it is just her having only Lover +/- points in walkthrough did kind of suprised me.
Well, they feel like that because they are that. Laurie is your thrall, so turning her into a slave is almost already done. The question is whether you treat her as a girl or you treat her as a slave.
Carmen literally baited Sharon and put her bloody hand near her face. It was like obvious test to see if they would react to the blood and Sharon still let MC go to her house alone without a suspicion. Even if it was done for story's sake, MC being in danger and Sharon's guilt over it, eventually making them closer. Still it felt a weak point of the plot, I was suprised a old vampire like her who suppose to know a lot of shit with her life experience, did not suspect hunters at all.
Sharon is not that old in vampire terms, around 80 years old? You could argue she could have figure it out, but at the end of the day remember: people make mistakes. It is not like she is infallible. No need to understand it as "this was weak plot"
MC got his first kill, which was a life and death situation and even so, MC took it like a pro. I figured adrenaline and such at first but he never talked about it even after it. I expected a sequence where he would look disturbed and unstable to everything that was happening and Sharon would comfort him. I know MC is like super royal vampire or something power-wise but still he was just a normal human days ago, I expected more reaction from him to everything that is happening. Especially him killing someone.
This is a valid point. MC does not look like a regular psychopath and he did take the killing without trouble. Maybe we will learn more in the future. Still, I guess that once you are turned into a vampire, the concept of killing becomes something you know you will have to do. And it is not like he murdered in cold blood, he was defending himself. But a potential valid point.

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
That was a nice reading, but let me comment on some of the things you claim are critique. Not all are really valid.

If anything, this is a matter of taste. I don't care whether it is original or not here, provided it is logically consistent. If devs are going to make new rules, they better stick to them. We'll see.

This is NOT a valid critique. Why are you reading into the code? Is like going to the last page of a book and then claiming the ending was spoiled. Having said that, I think that is just the remnant of the name for the variable when you are supposed to go and search for Laurie. I doubt they have look ahead that much in the plot.

Totally agree with you. Music has too little variation and it is not well executed. It is very hard to find games in which the music is done right. I think Avalon is one of the few.

Well, they feel like that because they are that. Laurie is your thrall, so turning her into a slave is almost already done. The question is whether you treat her as a girl or you treat her as a slave.

Sharon is not that old in vampire terms, around 80 years old? You could argue she could have figure it out, but at the end of the day remember: people make mistakes. It is not like she is infallible. No need to understand it as "this was weak plot"

This is a valid point. MC does not look like a regular psychopath and he did take the killing without trouble. Maybe we will learn more in the future. Still, I guess that once you are turned into a vampire, the concept of killing becomes something you know you will have to do. And it is not like he murdered in cold blood, he was defending himself. But a potential valid point.
Nicely answered:) I completely agree with all of this!!

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
(theory) Astrid tried to thrall Sharon... while Sharon was thinking they were doing the closeness bond.. they drink eachothers blood a few times. But Astrid was in fact cheating Sharon by prob fkin Archon.. and not drinking her blood #slaving..

-I've already played this game a few time full... it just hits the right story/sexual spot... with the hint of paranormal/fantasy that I love. 9/10

Last edited:

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
I did say I wanted to ask some stuff and wondered about it. obviously some questions are my mere curiosity and not literal criticism. I thought saying "maybe criticize even" would be enough to say the main objective was asking questions for things I noticed.

Carmen's scene at the bar and after, MC's kill and the music are the main aspects I would say I did criticize. I mean asking about if this game will exactly copy VtM universe or add its own flavor is a question, same with RP points name.. I asked thinking maybe developer talked about it on patroen or his discord server if he has one. Because it is confusing to name a relationship point like that.

I disagree, 80 year experience as a vampire should be enough to be alarmed for potential hunters, even if you ignore the whole vampire community and infrastructure. Everyone can make mistakes but I didn't think her character would do a basic one like this. She is very level headed and we see her planning ahead for the worst multiple times. She is smarter than the average. I know why the developer did it anyway though, he wanted a dramatical scene where Sharon would feel guilty and a touching sequence with MC would play out as it did. It was very touching but still, I didn't like the chain of events that lead to that situation. Could've been better.

MC does not look like a regular psychopath and he did take the killing without trouble.
I'm hoping the next update will address it and a dialogue about the killing will take place. I would be disappointed otherwise.

As I said most of the stuff I mention is very minor, I'm just pointing it out because I think the quality of the game is exceptional otherwise. So every minor stuff sticks out to my eyes. I wouldn't lift a finger to point out the number of errors for an average AVN.

Reactions: derjeniche

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I disagree, 80 year experience as a vampire should be enough to be alarmed for potential hunters, even if you ignore the whole vampire community and infrastructure. Everyone can make mistakes but I didn't think her character would do a basic one like this. She is very level headed and we see her planning ahead for the worst multiple times. She is smarter than the average. I know why the developer did it anyway though, he wanted a dramatical scene where Sharon would feel guilty and a touching sequence with MC would play out as it did. It was very touching but still, I didn't like the chain of events that lead to that situation. Could've been better.
Look on the drive to go to the bar were Carmen is staying. Sharon and MC still are talking about the thing that attacked her previously. She almost died and i don't blame her for slipping up with the hunters. But people are clumsy and do dumbshit all the time Carmen cutting herself on the glass. is it questionable yes not unbeleivable no

I'm hoping the next update will address it and a dialogue about the killing will take place. I would be disappointed otherwise.
We absolutely know nothing about the MC nothing about his childhood only he is a dj. Maybe he had mandatory military service went to afghanistan and shot some al qaeda fuckers in the head and thats why he has no problem killing

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I don't think you can just dismiss as she must have seen it. From a point of view of how the facts were presented, I think it is possible to fall for such a trap.
Carmen did not appear out of the blue just to seduce MC to bait him. The couple (MC and Sharon) went to that bar on their own, somehow manage to see her and left. Later they decided to return to the bar and it was them that decided to pursue her as target. So while the way the reader felt about her was kind of obvious, as we are actively waiting for things to happen, it is not true for the characters. In fact, as soon as she was introduced we all knew that she was going to be important just because she was too hot as a model to use for a minor character. As simple as that.
In other words, as the scene was being shown, we assume it is important and the character matters. Otherwise, it is not being shown, then we automatically assume that something will happen. But for MC and Sharon, that is not true. They were just going back to pick a random target they selected.
Again, I am not saying she did not screw up and she should have realized. I am saying that screwing up is not bad plot. Making mistakes is normal and this was not such a big mistake in my opinion.

Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
I know in VTM rules that killing in self defense doesn't result in a humanity penalty. I guess it could be a result of his vampiric nature, but I agree that it does feel odd that he barely even commented on it. Even Sharon seems to have little regard for hunters though, almost like they're in a different category from human. TBH I was so wrapped up in the story at the time that I didn't even think about the fact that he just killed two dudes lol

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I know in VTM rules that killing in self defense doesn't result in a humanity penalty. I guess it could be a result of his vampiric nature, but I agree that it does feel odd that he barely even commented on it. Even Sharon seems to have little regard for hunters though, almost like they're in a different category from human. TBH I was so wrapped up in the story at the time that I didn't even think about the fact that he just killed two dudes lol
you are absolutely correct with VTM rules. killing in self defense is allowed and wont you won't lose humanity points.
But while this game is based on VTM we should not take VTM as the main rule of everything. Maybe in the next episode he gets a panic attack and breaks down emotionally. the writer can change anything. we don't know we can guess and that's the beauty of this game

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Carmem played her role well. Even the blood on her hand, that likely served to confirm beyond doubt Sharon was a vampire, could easily be used as a excuse to fake following Sharon's mind suggestion of leaving the bar with them.

I don't see fault on Sharon's part there. She couldn't have know the woman they saw before was a amateur vampire hunter.

Reactions: Ragnar

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
She couldn't have know the woman they saw before was a amateur vampire hunter.
that's because Carmen is no hunter, if you notice what bald dead guy said, it looked like they (the 2 hunters) picked Carmen as bait, knowing she had a loved one that died in circumstances that would point at a vampire. It's also confirmed when she says she's not affraid of death as it would bring her to the ones she loves

Reactions: Ragnar

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
SynthLove enjoy the game and join us in the craziest theory craftng thread of all AVN
Mmm, I`m liking so far....still on Ch.1 but it`s drawing me in...
This is helping with that itch while I wait for Bloodlines II.

Okay I got hooked on this. Seriously entertaining stuff. I love Sharon`s character but really found it frustrating my MC didn`t spend quality time with Laurie.
I hope Laurie can become a love interest even if it has to be Master and Thrall.
One seriously annoying plot gimmick....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

grohotor

May 15, 2020
there was a official VTM visual novel on steam, it was shit lol. the protagonists you could chose were all cringy and terrible and the characters you could interact with were just boring stereotypes. i wish more devs would add some love, sex, relationships to their games but they are so fucking scared like we have not perfected the art of pg13 sex decades ago. imagine witcher without all the main and side love interests. it wouldn't be the same.
A lot of devs seam to take pride in the fact that there is no love interest in their games,books or whatever. because adding women that the protagonist is interested in is somehow demeaning to women or some shit. A guy loves a girl in a madeup story, what a pig.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes