4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
I would find it way more childish a situation likes:

"Sharon: ok so you are a vampire.
MC: No, I am not.
Sharon: Yes, you are.
Sharon: listen, you don't breathe, you can't tolerate the sun, you will thirst blood and you are dead
MC: I am not dead. Why would you say that? Stop being so cruel (starts crying)"
The MC is Gollum???

Not listening.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tumai and Ayhsel

VinRiddle

Jun 30, 2017
I would be fucking happy and thrilled. A chance at immortality. Let me make this promise. If I ever turn into a vampire, you are invited to my reborn ascension party. VIP passes. In fact, I extend that invitation to everybody!
I hope that means we'll be more then food and you're planning to share that immortality? I extend the same offer to you and everybody else here, let's all have some fun in our new life.

Reactions: Ayhsel

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
I would find it way more childish a situation likes:

"Sharon: ok so you are a vampire.
Sharon: Yes, you are.
Sharon: listen, you don't breathe, you can't tolerate the sun, you will thirst blood and you are dead
MC: I am not dead. Why would you say that? Stop being so cruel (starts crying)"

I would be fucking happy and thrilled. A chance at immortality. Let me make this promise. If I ever turn into a vampire, you are invited to my reborn ascension party. VIP passes. In fact, I extend that invitation to everybody!
I think the way VTM:Coteries of New York handled the turning was best. the PC there didn't believe it, and you could make him try to run many times even, then he gradually had to accept it due to what he saw+his blood thirst. I feel that would be the most believable transition.
(that game as a whole was pretty enjoyable, but the ending was pretty annoying and really non-conclusive).

and yeah, i would be happy too lol.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I think the way VTM:Coteries of New York handled the turning was best. the PC there didn't believe it, and you could make him try to run many times even, then he gradually had to accept it due to what he saw+his blood thirst. I feel that would be the most believable transition.
(that game as a whole was pretty enjoyable, but the ending was pretty annoying and really non-conclusive).

and yeah, i would be happy too lol.
I haven't read it. Most of the reviews I found were pretty bad to be honest. I am not sure how the situation is presented there, but seriously, I would not need much more convincing once show me anything supernatural. If you see a rat, there are many. Either believe what you see or start thinking you are crazy. There is no need to fight reality.

Funny thing though: if you are a Malkavian, those two choices are not exclusive. You can believe any supernatural thing you see and still be fucking crazy.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
I haven't read it. Most of the reviews I found were pretty bad to be honest. I am not sure how the situation is presented there, but seriously, I would not need much more convincing once show me anything supernatural. If you see a rat, there are many. Either believe what you see or start thinking you are crazy. There is no need to fight reality.

Funny thing though: if you are a Malkavian, those two choices are not exclusive. You can believe any supernatural thing you see and still be fucking crazy.
Do play it when you can. I 100%ed it. up until the ending, it is done pretty damn well and definitely deserves to be played.
Also Play Red Embrace: Hollywood. It is damn good too.

And no. There are some damn good "Magicians" in the world. if you are going to believe something just because it in the moment seems really hard to fabricate despite it pointing you in a direction that is literally implausible in the mind of everyone then you will believe tons of BS.

As far as vampirism goes, the ONLY undeniable thing is the need to drink blood and inability to drink or eat anything else, and that need doesn't really severely kick in until days later (after the initial transformation dose). even then, one could think that they are simply sick somehow. the human mind can find excuses to literally anything when it wants. Until tons of evidence accumulate over time, and the initial shock and denial phase wears off, no one is going to accept that they actually became a vampire.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
And no. There are some damn good "Magicians" in the world. if you are going to believe something just because it in the moment seems really hard to fabricate despite it pointing you in a direction that is literally implausible in the mind of everyone then you will believe tons of BS.

As far as vampirism goes, the ONLY undeniable thing is the need to drink blood and inability to drink or eat anything else, and that need doesn't really severely kick in until days later (after the initial transformation dose). even then, one could think that they are simply sick somehow. the human mind can find excuses to literally anything when it wants. Until tons of evidence accumulate over time, and the initial shock and denial phase wears off, no one is going to accept that they actually became a vampire.
I was talking precisely about the physical reactions.. "look, you don't need to breathe, you don't tolerate the sun and you are thirsty for blood". Either you believe you are a vampire, you believe you have the most weirdest condition that ridiculously resembles vampirism so in the lack of a name you can just call it that or you believe you are crazy.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
I was talking precisely about the physical reactions.. "look, you don't need to breathe, you don't tolerate the sun and you are thirsty for blood". Either you believe you are a vampire, you believe you have the most weirdest condition that ridiculously resembles vampirism so in the lack of a name you can just call it that or you believe you are crazy.
you can't test not tolerating the sun without literally dying in the process(and real life diseases can also make you not tolerate it to a high degree, such as extreme albinism), and in some vampire lore Vampires can breathe (and even smoke) if they want to, they just don't need it to survive. Like i said, the only thing really clear and undeniable is the need to drink blood and inability to drink or eat anything else, and that need doesn't really severely kick in until days later (after the initial transformation dose). Everything else either is deniable or isn't universal lore (like the vampires crying blood tears and not being able to breath even if they want to).

besides all that, no one is simply going to accept they are a vampire no matter what evidence is presented until the shock and denial and confusion passes a day or two either. it is simply too implausible to be accepted.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
you can't test not tolerating the sun without literally dying in the process
Yes you can. Just stand in the dark and stick your little pinky finger out. If it starts to sizzle that's pretty compelling evidence. Pull it back and if it starts to heal at a much faster than human rate, then that's double proof.

Put your scientist boots on and there are a whole series of experiments you can do.
- Order Italian take out with EXTRA Garlic
- See if you can hold your breath for over 5 mins
- Can you bench press/lift far heavier weights or even do more push-ups than you could ever do before
- See yourself in the mirror
- Knock on the neighbors and see if you can enter without invitation
- Try touching a crucifix
- Dip your finger into holy water
- Catch a fly with chopsticks - if you succeed you're either Jackie Chan or a vampire
etc.

Now some of that would prove nothing as the myth/lore on vampires one knows could be errenoros, but hitting the jackpot on one or two is more than enough evidence that one is no longer human.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Specially, you have a babe there telling you you are a vampire. True true, she could be just trying to rip you off making you believe any shit while you are drooling over her (I know I did), but overall I do believe I would be convinced quite fast. My physical conditions from the previous days, her speed and force and her persuasion power. And like Darkmetal said, join that to some more scientific like the finger and you are kind of forced to believe it.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
once again, we could argue the strength of different evidences all day, but no one is simply going to accept they are a vampire no matter what evidence is presented until the shock and denial and confusion passes after aday or two and they accumulate various strong evidences. it is simply too implausible to be accepted. that is human nature. people didn't believe the earth was round for thousands of years despite many evidences. they aren't going to be told that they are a creature that everyone believes is pure fantasy BS and just accept that. it is that simple.

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
once again, we could argue the strength of different evidences all day, but no one is simply going to accept they are a vampire no matter what evidence is presented until the shock and denial and confusion passes after aday or two and they accumulate various strong evidences. it is simply too implausible to be accepted. that is human nature. people didn't believe the earth was round for thousands of years despite many evidences. they aren't going to be told that they are a creature that everyone believes is pure fantasy BS and just accept that. it is that simple.
i think that honestly comes down the individual person, everyone reacts differently to situations, and in this game, the MC is given pretty clear signs that he is probably a vampire and that they do exist, from seeing his veins which are fine after drinking the "wine" to Sharon immediately displaying unnatural strength, to your character literally freaking out about the fact that they can't breathe and trying over and over again to breathe but when you do take in air nothing happens, humans are pretty skeptical about most things, but that usually does not apply to cases where evidence is immediately conformable, but yes a lot of people would not adjust well or quickly but some will and would be able to so I do not think it is impossible for 1 person to after a fairly short freak out session accepts this fact.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
i think that honestly comes down the individual person, everyone reacts differently to situations
This. To claim that everybody would take time to adjust is to assume too much. Some would, others don't. As simple as that.

Reactions: Captain Kirk

PostOffice

Jun 1, 2019
I went into the VN knowing that there would be no sex scenes and limited choices, so I tempered by optimism. In spite of that the VN is so well written and comfy that the lack of gratuitous sex turned out to be a huge positive. Witnessing the different interactions is just really fun.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would love to see more dialogue with Eloise as well.

I know a lot of people say this, but it was the opposite for me. The ending was extremely conclusive as to who won, how it happened, and why you were created. It linked back to the very beginning of the game with the silhouetted figure and answered that foundational question of who was the one speaking and to whom. What the ending lacked was any sense of agency or power from the player character, which is what frustrated a lot of people. But that is also what made the ending brilliant. The player character was just a dumb fledgling that had no sense of depth in what he/she was getting into, and that's what makes the World of Darkness setting dark. I enjoy a power fantasy just as much if not more than anyone else, but I can also admire and appreciate when vampire elders are done right. The real issue wasn't so much the ending for me as much as how suddenly it came about. There could have been so much more mid-game content to lead up to it.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I'm really curious about the hunters, that being said uv-light as weapon is a bad choice in my opinion.
I mean the sun yes, but Vampires aren't scientific...more like curses, magic or rituals, so i think the Van Helsing type hunter with blessed weapons, holy water ect. is a better fit here and the sun more as a symbol of god, purification or disinfectant than a large fireball with high amounts of uv-light.

As for believing that u are turned into a vamp.
Well if u notice that u no longer can/need breath that is a very good argument that u are no longer human at least and probably should listen to the woman which can lift u with a single hand...
As for how well/fast a person will adapt, that is different from person to person. But basically a single person/small group will adapt far better than a large mass of people which will likely lead to mass panic, hysteria and violence.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I know a lot of people say this, but it was the opposite for me. The ending was extremely conclusive as to who won, how it happened, and why you were created. It linked back to the very beginning of the game with the silhouetted figure and answered that foundational question of who was the one speaking and to whom. What the ending lacked was any sense of agency or power from the player character, which is what frustrated a lot of people. But that is also what made the ending brilliant. The player character was just a dumb fledgling that had no sense of depth in what he/she was getting into, and that's what makes the World of Darkness setting dark. I enjoy a power fantasy just as much if not more than anyone else, but I can also admire and appreciate when vampire elders are done right. The real issue wasn't so much the ending for me as much as how suddenly it came about. There could have been so much more mid-game content to lead up to it.
That could work pretty good for a novel or a movie, but if you're playing a VN based on perks and choices forcing a single ending is not a good idea.
I like Coteries of NY tone but the ending is lackluster.
Anyways they're working on a new one in the same settings, Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes