4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
The lore is so good. Everything else is passable, the the lore keeps me coming back.
Problem is the lore is all over the place at this point and given the last chapter, not sure what is legit or not.
can't seem to stay consistent with their story or lore it seems.

What got me interested in this was the whole idea of it almost giving me some world of darkness vibes... but all that has gone to absolute shit imo.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, this game is no longer fun to play. I loved it for the first 2-3 episodes, but ever since it went down the ancient route, it's lost so much of its luster and intrigue that made the initial game so entertaining. At this point, I just don't have any interest left and will most likely drop this game.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, total letdown, with rushed ending...
This update is just as worse as the last one, just runing arround like a headless chicken...

The first couple of episodes 1-3 were really good and promising, one of my favorite game back then. Since then it's gone downhill tho, the last updates especially so.

So Virgil was indeed Calypso's child, old powerful and likely not on good terms with her. It doesn't matter tho, spying on him does neither, or what ever plans he has made...he's served as a snack, similiar done in as Calysto, no fight whatsoever.
I get that the sisters are strong, but even in VTM multiple strong methuselah can fight and win against a antediluvian, at least they can try fighting...

Fabian...really backstabing was total pointless (and way too prematurely), seeing how easily the older of the sister agrees to a deal.

So we agreed to be the snack delivery guy...what a crap end/solution.
Genuinely wondering what was even the point of getting all the powers (or draining Marcius), Vamp society, political intrigues etc.
I mean, it was clear that the MC woudn't be the strongest or take the sisters head on alone, but this is such a dissapointment...and the whole last 2 episodes burn down to this.

So question, just WHY would the older sister play the prisoner for the younger one for millennia or more like tens of millennia....like just kill/drain her, why would anyone sitting in that cave for no reason.
But i guess than the dev would need actually find a way to deal with a ancient one, which he clearly has no intention of doing so, seeing how he's done in the 2 most powerfull vamps besides the sisters in the most boring way possible...

Shouldn't have expected any better ending after his other game...yeah there are still 2 updates left, but whatever they will change nothing...

Honestly the idea with the 2 ancient ones was good, or so i thought back then, but seeing what crap he did with it, i'd say it would have be much more enjoyable if the game continued like ep 1-3. Vamp society, intrigues, modern day vamps, with a few powerfull ones, hunters etc. and forgo the ancient ones, would have been more interesting.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The game tries to be faithful to VtM lore. A neonate like the MC can have some special powers but the power levels are always against him. Not even all the vampires in the game combined are a challenge for the sisters.
In vtm one of the founders woke up and ate his entire Clan just like that. To stop him they had to use magic and shots from satellites in orbit. That's why you don't see the oldest vampires in the official games, because they are overpowered as fuck.
Going the ancient vampire route in Rebirth was a mistake imo. The MC and his crew can't do shit against the sisters, the writer trapped himself into a corner.

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
the writer trapped himself into a corner.
or, hear me out, he had this part planned. Calisto arranged for Sharon to be the 'top dog' locally, so they already have some very basic infrastructure. so they now just have to give her one vic once a year.... i see that not staying static; but maybe after draining Virgil and his 2-3 henchman she will be ok with that for... a year?
is she going to release Markus or drain him now?
idk. the dev did say this one has 2 chapters left, not that he is done.
i am interested to see if he can make this all coherent and cohesive, right now he just tossed most of the story in a dark dank pool in a remote cave...literally

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
The game tries to be faithful to VtM lore. A neonate like the MC can have some special powers but the power levels are always against him. Not even all the vampires in the game combined are a challenge for the sisters.
In vtm one of the founders woke up and ate his entire Clan just like that. To stop him they had to use magic and shots from satellites in orbit. That's why you don't see the oldest vampires in the official games, because they are overpowered as fuck.
Going the ancient vampire route in Rebirth was a mistake imo. The MC and his crew can't do shit against the sisters, the writer trapped himself into a corner.
More like gave up and wanting to wrap things off to give the same idea he did with his other game... a "finished" product.
You can see at points where things were going good but he decided either abandon or ignore a good thing he started with completely in favor for something else that made zero sense.

I would say thing's picked up and was going very well during the whole bringing to light the previous Archons his transgressions, Followed by you consuming him ( effectively performing Diablerie from World of Darkness which VtM is a part off ). They should have continued with that freaking route. The whole cave thing was not bad at the start with the whole Ancient locked and sleeping idea. It got stupid and ridiculous after the whole Nos gang got obliterated. Went straight down hill from there. still tried to see where thing's was going because of the feel it gave to being part of WoD inspired and that has gone to complete shit with this update.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
You know, I wonder who the MC will be feeding her once a year. In WOD the ancients have such voids in their souls that human blood no longer registers, they need other vampires, preferably strong ones. That's generally why whenever there is even a whiff of an ancient awakening, every vampire within a huge region will fucking leg it to avoid being dinner. This seems to have carried over here because of what Frank said and what happened to Calisto. But there was only one Calisto and now there's no one close in the region who would even register on Eres' plate.

Take your bets on what's for dinner:
  1. All the other assholes on the vamp council. Game does not last long enough to explain how the wider vamp society reacts to strong vamps randomly disappearing in this region.
  2. MC is the food and once a year she will leave him only mostly dead. The rest of the year is for him to bulk up.
  3. We're just gonna ignore everything because earlier she was satisfied with some random Nos being fattened on human blood and it somehow worked, so no need to buck the system.
At this point I just want an ending that is at least consistent with what's been established.

Reactions: rayserker7

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
You know, I wonder who the MC will be feeding her once a year. In WOD the ancients have such voids in their souls that human blood no longer registers, they need other vampires, preferably strong ones. That's generally why whenever there is even a whiff of an ancient awakening, every vampire within a huge region will fucking leg it to avoid being dinner. This seems to have carried over here because of what Frank said and what happened to Calisto. But there was only one Calisto and now there's no one close in the region who would even register on Eres' plate.

Take your bets on what's for dinner:
  1. All the other assholes on the vamp council. Game does not last long enough to explain how the wider vamp society reacts to strong vamps randomly disappearing in this region.
  2. MC is the food and once a year she will leave him only mostly dead. The rest of the year is for him to bulk up.
  3. We're just gonna ignore everything because earlier she was satisfied with some random Nos being fattened on human blood and it somehow worked, so no need to buck the system.
At this point I just want an ending that is at least consistent with what's been established.
well she just got Virgil, don't think he'll be coming back. And there is not much left of the game so I doubt we'll be dealing with her for a while. Maybe in a sequel.

Landrol

Nov 22, 2023
More like gave up and wanting to wrap things off to give the same idea he did with his other game... a "finished" product.
You can see at points where things were going good but he decided either abandon or ignore a good thing he started with completely in favor for something else that made zero sense.

I would say thing's picked up and was going very well during the whole bringing to light the previous Archons his transgressions, Followed by you consuming him ( effectively performing Diablerie from World of Darkness which VtM is a part off ). They should have continued with that freaking route. The whole cave thing was not bad at the start with the whole Ancient locked and sleeping idea. It got stupid and ridiculous after the whole Nos gang got obliterated. Went straight down hill from there. still tried to see where thing's was going because of the feel it gave to being part of WoD inspired and that has gone to complete shit with this update.
Well at least there's still The Bite Revanent getting updates. Wish I knew of more vamp games with a decent storyline.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I would say the biggest problem that happened to Rebirth was simply time schedule.

I spoke once with Likesblondes when I was a supporter, which I did for around 2 years if I remember right, which amounts to 120 dollars. I ask him about how long and he say 5 episodes. So I asked why that little where I could see the story was just starting. He said something that actually make sense.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have a feeling they could have really push for a more complex thing but that would require a lot more time and effort.

There is also the thing about income. When I stopped supporting, they were a little short of 2000 usd per month. Now they are doing just 1000 usd. I still believe the novel deserves more, but hey, even I stopped supporting after a while so I cannot just tell people they should.

If anything, I think it's a pity so many updates were focus on "less important stuff" like going here and there to talk with someone preparing for stuff to happen instead of stuff actually happening. Don't get me wrong, that stuff is good if you have the time and resources to be part of a bigger thing. Like small details in triple AAA games that are unnecessary per se, but really help for immersion and setting. But given how much those small details took when the main events seemed now a bit rushed, makes me think priorities were not right.

Probably that is why the first 3 chapter felt more interesting. Characters were still new, everything was interesting and everything was not small detail for big things to happen.

Anyway.. let's see what they want to do next, if anything.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, clearly a mistake.

I mean, it was clear the MC and the far weaker rest of his group can't do shit like fight them head on alone.
But here no one can even lift as much as a finger against them, not even Calisto or Virgil, in VtM the most powerful of the methuselah can at least put up a fight together...mind you, not an easy fight even if they are weakend and have orbital mirrors and neutron bombs.

I thought this is going more like a group fight against the ancients. Rally the most powerful vamps around, prepare a strategie, weapons and magic, wait on a good moment to strike, like when the sisters are weakend from fighting each other... not this joke of whatever this trys to be.

Also is really anyone believing the sisters just stay put in that cave after being awake ? I mean, come on...
At the end you could remove the whole ancient plot and pretty much nothing would change...in VtM the awakening of one is pretty much a apocalyptical event, here you can feed it once a year and all is good :rolleyes:

the dev did say this one has 2 chapters left, not that he is done.
2 updates, not 2 chapters, that's about 10 min of content, what do expect will happen in this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar
Sep 3, 2020
I would say the biggest problem that happened to Rebirth was simply time schedule.

I spoke once with Likesblondes when I was a supporter, which I did for around 2 years if I remember right, which amounts to 120 dollars. I ask him about how long and he say 5 episodes. So I asked why that little where I could see the story was just starting. He said something that actually make sense.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have a feeling they could have really push for a more complex thing but that would require a lot more time and effort.

There is also the thing about income. When I stopped supporting, they were a little short of 2000 usd per month. Now they are doing just 1000 usd. I still believe the novel deserves more, but hey, even I stopped supporting after a while so I cannot just tell people they should.

If anything, I think it's a pity so many updates were focus on "less important stuff" like going here and there to talk with someone preparing for stuff to happen instead of stuff actually happening. Don't get me wrong, that stuff is good if you have the time and resources to be part of a bigger thing. Like small details in triple AAA games that are unnecessary per se, but really help for immersion and setting. But given how much those small details took when the main events seemed now a bit rushed, makes me think priorities were not right.

Probably that is why the first 3 chapter felt more interesting. Characters were still new, everything was interesting and everything was not small detail for big things to happen.

Anyway.. let's see what they want to do next, if anything.
I stopped playing the game cuz I wasn't happy with a lot of things

and one of those things was Sharon and MC's romantic relationship

and I don't care about sex scenes but it seems

Sharon and MC weren't just slow it was painstakingly slow

which is fine but

the game would always tease

the player like something was going to happen between them

meanwhile, you were forced to do things with other characters

and I'm not even going into the characters messed up

and inconsistent Moral code

I already talked about that so much in the past I'm tired of talking about it

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes