4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is a young stud clawing his way into the stardom of veteran vamp fighter.
Sure enough there is all the place in his growing graces for all these soon to be orphaned dolls.
There are two scenes that must happen to finish out the chapter. If they both get in this update then it is on to Chapter 4. If not then one more update.

Poor Cindy... she's the "best girl" as she said. I guess that means she gets walked on, has cigarette burns on her, and is used for the pleasure of her mistress. I am not complaining mind you... just enjoying "irony".
Peace
Update to crazy theories of mine-

Malia and Sharon are most likely normal vampires put in very complex situations. Sharon's power is probably just her wholesome nature.... If that is a power.

There should be a point coming soon, where Laurie is in danger with the nasty thing down under. Sharon, at some risk to herself, will, if you have enough points in SharonsavesLaurie, save her from certain doom.

Personally I think that may very well mean violating a principle of Sharon's and having her embrace a dying Laurie. That will cost her some of her precious humanity, but it also should tame the harem just a bit.

My theories about Inanna and such I am willing to bet my now no longer auctioned left nut on. Actually left and right nut.
Peace again!
At this rate poor Cindy may to her horror find that she can't find a job as a button polisher anymore.
His way of woeing the nos and his throbbing nature to don vampires their inferno will see to that.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon and yltohawk

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
So how many more updates remain until Episode 3 concludes?
Watching Calisto lay down the law is amusing. Sharon had it coming, TBH. She's nice and all, but she'd been riding the Archon high for so long a rude awakening was inevitable. For all that she's the MC's designated teacher, she seems fairly ignorant of a lot of things. Things like other more esoteric vampire abilities and even the unstated underpinnings of vampire law. Archons rule mainly because the Elders can't be bothered with it.

Reactions: Aelgwenn

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
Watching Calisto lay down the law is amusing. Sharon had it coming, TBH. She's nice and all, but she'd been riding the Archon high for so long a rude awakening was inevitable. For all that she's the MC's designated teacher, she seems fairly ignorant of a lot of things. Things like other more esoteric vampire abilities and even the unstated underpinnings of vampire law. Archons rule mainly because the Elders can't be bothered with it.
She is a ordinary vampire dev sure made it clear in his story telling

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Later today I get the script for edits and such.
This update finishes the Chapter 3 portion of the story.

Sharon- She is a mystery. She is a normal vampire. That is fact. She rises too late. That is a story item yet to be thoroughly explored. Her main role is support. Yes she is "Archon", but as pointed out by the MC to Sharon, she was made Archon by Calisto as a gift to her childe to allow him time to grow and have a somewhat less hazardous environment to test his new life out. Scottstown may have been maneuvered even behind Calisto's back as it turns out it is not as safe as thought.
End of the day, Sharon is kind, will likely save Laurie from death by embracing her, and is a possible member of the Vampire Love Clan of the MC.

The above is not quoted from the devs. It is my own interpretation of what I have been given. I do have some additional insights, which do have dev confirmation, but I can't share those beyond saying "read my widely ranging posts". A lot of truths are buried in them, a lot of truths are hinted in them. They were made by research, not by asking the dev. You can arrive at your own conclusions, but I recommend that you treat a large percentage of what I have posted as highly probable.

I was confused on Sharon for quite some time. The late rising has to be addressed. I think it will be.

Peace gang, update should be Sunday.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Sharon- She is a mystery. She is a normal vampire. That is fact. She rises too late. That is a story item yet to be thoroughly explored. Her main role is support. Yes she is "Archon", but as pointed out by the MC to Sharon, she was made Archon by Calisto as a gift to her childe to allow him time to grow and have a somewhat less hazardous environment to test his new life out. Scottstown may have been maneuvered even behind Calisto's back as it turns out it is not as safe as thought.
End of the day, Sharon is kind, will likely save Laurie from death by embracing her, and is a possible member of the Vampire Love Clan of the MC.

The above is not quoted from the devs. It is my own interpretation of what I have been given. I do have some additional insights, which do have dev confirmation, but I can't share those beyond saying "read my widely ranging posts". A lot of truths are buried in them, a lot of truths are hinted in them. They were made by research, not by asking the dev. You can arrive at your own conclusions, but I recommend that you treat a large percentage of what I have posted as highly probable.

I was confused on Sharon for quite some time. The late rising has to be addressed. I think it will be.

I don't think Sharon is from MC's bloodline. There are several instances in which other characters talk about Sharon's bloodline and iirc even Callisto says something about it.
She rises later than the MC but she explained why at the beginning. She's not an old vampire if what she said about her origins is true.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020

That's something to ponder on, though in the game it is mentioned she sleeps late cause she's older. Though there are inconsistencies in game so time will tell I guess..

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I don't think Sharon is from MC's bloodline. There are several instances in which other characters talk about Sharon's bloodline and iirc even Callisto says something about it.
She rises later than the MC but she explained why at the beginning. She's not an old vampire if what she said about her origins is true.
That's something to ponder on, though in the game it is mentioned she sleeps late cause she's older. Though there are inconsistencies in game so time will tell I guess..
Hi Guys,
Sharon was a teenager approximately 70 years ago. She was Andrew's Nanny for his daughter.
She is very very young for a vampire, not so much for a tasty looking girl.
Her late rising has never been dealt with. Here are some things to consider-

100% true
The older a vampire the later they rise.
The closer to their line's progenitor *generation, the later they rise
The higher their non existent yet semi existent trait of humanity, the earlier they rise. Sharon should be up before everyone.
The more naughty they have been-drinking elder blood, drinking too much blood, doing naughty rituals, things like that- later.
There are rituals which can shorten the sleep time, which is why Fabian, and likely Calisto, rise before others.
(Fabian is hundreds if not thousands of years old, and Calisto is 4,500 years old give or take a century.)
(Frank is probably fairly nasty, and also probably lower generation-closer to the source, than most, and older)
(Astrid is a right cunt. Fairly old but not ancient. She has been naughty and drinks gallons of blood)
(MC is freshly made, extremely low generation. Only real chance to lower your humanity has been to use your power to have carnal knowledge with Mirri, and of course be mean to one or more of your girls, but that really doesn't matter that much)

No Sharon is not in Calisto's blood line. Her sire might be fairly old and fairly crusty or maybe not. The reason for her late rising has not been addressed yet.

Peace y'all

Reactions: JJJ84 and imzahai

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Hi Guys,
Sharon was a teenager approximately 70 years ago. She was Andrew's Nanny for his daughter.
She is very very young for a vampire, not so much for a tasty looking girl.
Her late rising has never been dealt with. Here are some things to consider-

100% true
The older a vampire the later they rise.
The closer to their line's progenitor *generation, the later they rise
The higher their non existent yet semi existent trait of humanity, the earlier they rise. Sharon should be up before everyone.
The more naughty they have been-drinking elder blood, drinking too much blood, doing naughty rituals, things like that- later.
There are rituals which can shorten the sleep time, which is why Fabian, and likely Calisto, rise before others.
(Fabian is hundreds if not thousands of years old, and Calisto is 4,500 years old give or take a century.)
(Frank is probably fairly nasty, and also probably lower generation-closer to the source, than most, and older)
(Astrid is a right cunt. Fairly old but not ancient. She has been naughty and drinks gallons of blood)
(MC is freshly made, extremely low generation. Only real chance to lower your humanity has been to use your power to have carnal knowledge with Mirri, and of course be mean to one or more of your girls, but that really doesn't matter that much)

No Sharon is not in Calisto's blood line. Her sire might be fairly old and fairly crusty or maybe not. The reason for her late rising has not been addressed yet.

Peace y'all
when she hang out with Astrid she probably did some pretty nasty things and probably for a decade she went wild with bloodlust (considering that Astrid is a norse name... it seems ... appropriate)! she probably only stoped when Andrew tracked them down trying to avenge his daughter and there was a confrontation... probably where Astrid threw Sharon under the bus to save her own skin!

Andrew about to kill a feral Sharon recognized her and beat her up demanding to know who killed his daughter! Sharon probably explained she turned his daughter to save her and someone took her out but she does not know who... (highly unlikely, probably she was sent to take care of her own mistake and take out Andrew´s daughter...)

So that is why she tries so hard to hold on to what little humanity she as! her 1st decade as a vampire was probably an orgy of indulging ending with her being betrayed by the woman she assumed loved her... and to top it all she lied to Andrew to save her own skin! so... that`s my point of view!

from the mold of the story so far i think my interpretation holds water but the depths to which and or in which part of the mold still eludes me!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
when she hang out with Astrid she probably did some pretty nasty things and probably for a decade she went wild with bloodlust (considering that Astrid is a norse name... it seems ... appropriate)! she probably only stoped when Andrew tracked them down trying to avenge his daughter and there was a confrontation... probably where Astrid threw Sharon under the bus to save her own skin!

Andrew about to kill a feral Sharon recognized her and beat her up demanding to know who killed his daughter! Sharon probably explained she turned his daughter to save her and someone took her out but she does not know who... (highly unlikely, probably she was sent to take care of her own mistake and take out Andrew´s daughter...)

So that is why she tries so hard to hold on to what little humanity she as! her 1st decade as a vampire was probably an orgy of indulging ending with her being betrayed by the woman she assumed loved her... and to top it all she lied to Andrew to save her own skin! so... that`s my point of view!

from the mold of the story so far i think my interpretation holds water but the depths to which and or in which part of the mold still eludes me!
I think there is definite merit in this. Problems I see are that Andrew without being empowered by blood, and enthralled to Sharon would not be able to resist Astrid's "Charms". I think that they spent some time together with Andrew around serving Sharon, and perhaps acting as a moral compass.
Also the story tells a version of the meeting of Andrew and Sharon, after little time had passed since the death/disappearance of his wife and daughter, and all Andrew wanted was a chance to be around, for when his day would come, and to do that, Sharon gave up some humanity, and enthralled him. I do not think a lot of her humanity was lost in that, but some given the way she acts now. I think she has not only maintained most of her humanity, but may even have increased it with Andrew's service and help.

I have no doubt Andrew would flame throw the cunt Astrid now as we have seen him ready to do. I wonder how much of that might be related to what you speculate above possibly?
Good times.
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Emotional support via kisses and puppy dog eyes. possible VJay etc.....
That is the kind of Support I want.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Sharon gets a lot of negative commentary in this thread. I think it's worth pointing out that without her, the MC would not have survived. Maybe I'm just soft hearted, but when I owe someone my (undead ) life, I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus she's really never tried to cash in on my sense of debt. Plus she's done a good job of guiding me around the early pitfalls, avoiding blood dependence for example.

Opinions vary and each of our opinions have equal merit. Mine is that I've been lucky to have been entrusted to Sharon.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Opinions vary and each of our opinions have equal merit. Mine is that I've been lucky to have been entrusted to Sharon.
Ehh... She's a net positive for the MC. It's only when she became Archon that she got a bit insufferable.
Overall, Calisto knocking her down a few pegs was also a net positive.

dantes1830

Sep 20, 2021
I think there is definite merit in this. Problems I see are that Andrew without being empowered by blood, and enthralled to Sharon would not be able to resist Astrid's "Charms". I think that they spent some time together with Andrew around serving Sharon, and perhaps acting as a moral compass.
Also the story tells a version of the meeting of Andrew and Sharon, after little time had passed since the death/disappearance of his wife and daughter, and all Andrew wanted was a chance to be around, for when his day would come, and to do that, Sharon gave up some humanity, and enthralled him. I do not think a lot of her humanity was lost in that, but some given the way she acts now. I think she has not only maintained most of her humanity, but may even have increased it with Andrew's service and help.

I have no doubt Andrew would flame throw the cunt Astrid now as we have seen him ready to do. I wonder how much of that might be related to what you speculate above possibly?
Good times.
Peace
first time commenting but on 3rd playthrough probably worth mentioning Astrid says early on when meeting her "Do you still need the jaws of life to get her kitty" implying by the time Sharon met/spent time with Astrid, Sharon was not engaging in traditional "orgies".

Also a plot point that I haven't seen theorized about often Mrs Olivia and her feinting spells. Laurie is lightheaded after the MC drinks from her and Olivia feints regularly while the MC lives in the city and is cured from her "Anemia" once the party goes to Scottstown. We also have never seen Sharon drink from anything other than a bottle. She's described her hunting methods, but never actually seen her partake, just gotten a human for MC and Merrick. What if she, or a thrall, is draining people like Olivia and filling the bottles for Sharon.

But yeah I think the Laurie/Sharon get a lot of grief. Some deserved, but they are mirror opposites of each other. Laurie loving MC pre turn. Sharon loving MC post turn. Sharon using the doth protest too much flirting. Laurie is full blown puppy love. Neither stating it explicitly. I think Laurie think the MC as diety(rightly or wrongly) and embraces it to a sickening level. While Sharon has 80 years of solidifying her notions of the vampire society and while she also recognizes the unsual nature of the MC she rejects it. Both viewpoints can be irritating but that's part of the point. There is also something to be said as to why the story opens with a discussion on the ineffable attraction to Burt Reynolds. Maybe implying attraction is a Passive ability to MC/Callisto, who also both seem to have a "I adhere to direction to whom I choose when I choose" mindset and rely on their appeal, to coast through unmolested by consequence, consciously or not. Which would make those in extended close quarters more susceptible.

Long shot I think by episode three, if MC didn't get soulstain, Sharon has a chance of already thralled to MC. Second Time being the healing. Third being the non soulstain kiss. First being the first time Laurie drank when Sharon opens MC arm.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
first time commenting but on 3rd playthrough probably worth mentioning Astrid says early on when meeting her "Do you still need the jaws of life to get her kitty" implying by the time Sharon met/spent time with Astrid, Sharon was not engaging in traditional "orgies".

Also a plot point that I haven't seen theorized about often Mrs Olivia and her feinting spells. Laurie is lightheaded after the MC drinks from her and Olivia feints regularly while the MC lives in the city and is cured from her "Anemia" once the party goes to Scottstown. We also have never seen Sharon drink from anything other than a bottle. She's described her hunting methods, but never actually seen her partake, just gotten a human for MC and Merrick. What if she, or a thrall, is draining people like Olivia and filling the bottles for Sharon.

But yeah I think the Laurie/Sharon get a lot of grief. Some deserved, but they are mirror opposites of each other. Laurie loving MC pre turn. Sharon loving MC post turn. Sharon using the doth protest too much flirting. Laurie is full blown puppy love. Neither stating it explicitly. I think Laurie think the MC as diety(rightly or wrongly) and embraces it to a sickening level. While Sharon has 80 years of solidifying her notions of the vampire society and while she also recognizes the unsual nature of the MC she rejects it. Both viewpoints can be irritating but that's part of the point. There is also something to be said as to why the story opens with a discussion on the ineffable attraction to Burt Reynolds. Maybe implying attraction is a Passive ability to MC/Callisto, who also both seem to have a "I adhere to direction to whom I choose when I choose" mindset and rely on their appeal, to coast through unmolested by consequence, consciously or not. Which would make those in extended close quarters more susceptible.

Long shot I think by episode three, if MC didn't get soulstain, Sharon has a chance of already thralled to MC. Second Time being the healing. Third being the non soulstain kiss. First being the first time Laurie drank when Sharon opens MC arm.
olivia it as been debated! probably Astrid although the issue with Astrid would be if she had enough self control not to kill Miss Olivia! (we still do not know her clan or powers only that she is older and wild beyond control even to a strong archon, so perhaps she is beholden to someone stronger and that is why she does not care for Marcius?)

the other option being indeed Sharon they seemed to have spent 1 week in the MC`s apartment for his revival so perhaps Sharon felt peckish, and considering her domination powers!

the Burt Reynolds comment seems more like a way to ground the story in the 90´s or early 00`s since Miss Olivia would have been married 20 to 30 years prior(and we are talking about a movie star marring a black lady so probably she is delusional... for the time of when it should have happened, not the racist interpretation of it ofc)! it´s also an appeal to an older simpler times and also kind of self selects the audience by that reference! people as old as me or people who enjoy older movies can connect to the spirit of the times! i mean they could also have used other movie stars like dirty Harry who is more broad reaching even up to our days!

also you forgot another point on the Sharon Laurie dichotomy, one is a warm body and the other is dead!

Sharon despise for the older vampires as been shown as something typical of newer vampires, its a teenager fade, guess its meant to show some sort of teenager rebellion that will soon be dealt with when they reach the work market (although that is changing considering how millennial are behaving in the work market!)

Sharon is probably already enthralled by the MC by the basic math of the MC so much stronger then it would only take 1 or 2 drinks and not the regular 3 from younger vampires, so the kiss is probably more of a sign of a submission then the 3rd drink required! the problem being in how can Sharon control herself? or is it that Laurie is especially childish in her crush? does being a vampire gives her some sort of self control?

as stated in my game play i will totally turn Laurie into an Equal by asking mommy to turn her! she was already in love with the MC before being turned so those brain circuits will always be there to take over or even ask grand mommy and make Laurie as strong as Callisto... although i might consume her for her power afterwards!

i still fail to realize the mechanics of older vampires not turning regular humans give them 1 week and then consuming them like the myth of Chronos eating his children!

Reactions: dantes1830

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Couple of comments-

One, I have completed and submitted my part of this update. LikesBlondes is slammed with stuff so it could be Monday before the release. Just fair warning. It will be great if it comes tomorrow, but Ptolemy thinks Monday is likely.

I understand different people like and seek different things from each update, but I believe that folks who are close to like minded with myself will enjoy it immensely.

Two, Sharon is not thralled yet. The MC does not have the ability to control her, and has not used his power on her to control her yet. Soul Stain is more of something having to do with the MC humanity, with the side issue of Sharon not liking the kiss/mouth odor.

Three, no way, no how, will Calisto embrace Laurie.

Four, Elders sired childer in VTM for exactly the purpose of either serving them as part of their organization or food. Some who were smitten may have done it to keep their lover alive/young, however most of the literature supporting VTM where that happened ended up with the former lovers being on less than good terms.

Five, Sharon and Malia are normal vampires- if you read some of my weird theories, I go off on a sleep deprivation fueled what if about Sharon and Malia having more exotic origins. Personally I wanted Malia and Sharon to be more involved and more capable and more interesting than they really are, which is why I digressed. The MC, Calisto, Fabian, Virgil, Inanna, Ereskigal are not normal vampires.

Ms. Olivia was fed upon and no doubt thralled to someone and the draining caused her fainting. It is possible that she was thralled some time ago given how young she looks, and the age she claims. We do not have a 100% date for this, but it is likely during the 2020ish time frame.
Burt in his high point days-Smokey and the Bandit for instance, late 70s. Could have been earlier as he was acting even earlier than that... so that would make Olivia say 60ish minimum? She looks good. If she is older, I would bet she was thralled several years ago... which makes things more conspiratorial for the MC living there.... No clue if true but there ya go.
Math explanation
Sharon is no older than 19 when embraced. She has spent 70 years as a vampire. Men wearing suits routinely is 1920s-1930s thing. 89 years in the past puts us in that time frame.

Peace Gang

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
As the only vampire with an official accreditation, I just wanted to say that I am waiting anxiously for next update.

I still need to olay the bite new chapter, though.

But these days I am ruling the galaxy as a Sith Lord in the Old Rebublic.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes