4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just finished the update, and wow it was great.

Things of note:

- Finally Frank & Merrick are back. Merrick being back (to his senses) was especially welcome one, since I really liked the dynamic Merrick had with MC's group.

- I'm guessing with Cindy, her continuing storyline will be she will continue to try to thwart MC in order to battle for Callisto as the Hieria's favorite. But honestly, while seeing her getting fumed with jealousy(?) was entertaining, I do wish when we see Callisto and Cindy again, Cindy's jealousy evolves much further (that perhaps her resentment and loathing for MC becomes so great that she ends up doing perhaps really rash or radical actions).

- lol Sharon and Andrew in their "not so smart" mode once again, and MC ending up being the mediator.
Probably Andrew was being more stupid one in this update saying things like "we can't show weakness in our own house" (when it's clear as day Sharon and MC are far below in terms of power and status), or him standing guard outside with the flamethrower lol (and Sharon agreeing with him doing it) getting in the way of Cindy.
Not like I have any sympathy for Cindy in any way, and she would have most likely destroyed Andrew (even with the flamethrower) given how strong she is (and for Callisto, well I'd be guessing killing Andrew would be like taking candy from a baby for her lol).
I did like how Ptolemy pointed out Sharon's character in two scenes though (Merrick's "Markus says.... kind, but not a bit stupid" line, and MC also pointing out to her "You have some flaws, and your ego is one of them").

- Don't really have any affection for Astrid, so while personally I wouldn't have minded throwing her to Callisto (even though MC's sudden suggestion of doing so did feel like it came a little out of the left field), I'd be guessing doing so would have more negative consequences than the positive ones. Aside from the obvious "Sharon would be cross with MC for giving Astrid to Callisto behind her back", Callisto also says the following; "That's against the rules boy. This might cost you."

Now, I'm not too familiar with how vamp society's rules work (whether it's the VTM or other games Rebirth may have been inspired by), but I'd imagine offering a vamp to another vamp is an action that is very much frowned upon and even punished in terms of Rebirth universe.
So probably just let Sharon have what she wants and let Princeps judge Astrid might have a more positive outcome (though, Sharon's "NO!" reaction did come out pretty strong. Not sure whether this is because whether she still has some affections for Astrid, or whether it's "Astrid is my enemy, but even so I don't wish to throw her to someone like Callisto who I despise more" Might be a bit of both).

- Some issues also in this update with scenes not matching the dialogue. Character avatars also not matching actual character renders, but I'd be guessing these will be all reported to LikesBlondes and be fixed in future update.

- Not really any lewds, but narrative pushed forward a lot, and it was great. Can't wait for Episode 4. Come to think of it, I don't really remember how many Episodes are planned for this game. Arigon was it 5 episodes or is Episode 4 the final one (did LikesBlondes and Ptolemy mention anything before)?

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

Things of note:

- Finally Frank & Merrick are back. Merrick being back (to his senses) was especially welcome one, since I really liked the dynamic Merrick had with MC's group.

- I'm guessing with Cindy, her continuing storyline will be she will continue to try to thwart MC in order to battle for Callisto as the Hieria's favorite. But honestly, while seeing her getting fumed with jealousy(?) was entertaining, I do wish when we see Callisto and Cindy again, Cindy's jealousy evolves much further (that perhaps her resentment and loathing for MC becomes so great that she ends up doing perhaps really rash or radical actions).

- lol Sharon and Andrew in their "not so smart" mode once again, and MC ending up being the mediator.
Probably Andrew was being more stupid one in this update saying things like "we can't show weakness in our own house" (when it's clear as day Sharon and MC are far below in terms of power and status), or him standing guard outside with the flamethrower lol (and Sharon agreeing with him doing it) getting in the way of Cindy.
Not like I have any sympathy for Cindy in any way, and she would have most likely destroyed Andrew (even with the flamethrower) given how strong she is (and for Callisto, well I'd be guessing killing Andrew would be like taking candy from a baby for her lol).
I did like how Ptolemy pointed out Sharon's character in two scenes though (Merrick's "Markus says.... kind, but not a bit stupid" line, and MC also pointing out to her "You have some flaws, and your ego is one of them").

- Don't really have any affection for Astrid, so while personally I wouldn't have minded throwing her to Callisto (even though MC's sudden suggestion of doing so did feel like it came a little out of the left field), I'd be guessing doing so would have more negative consequences than the positive ones. Aside from the obvious "Sharon would be cross with MC for giving Astrid to Callisto behind her back", Callisto also says the following; "That's against the rules boy. This might cost you."

Now, I'm not too familiar with how vamp society's rules work (whether it's the VTM or other games Rebirth may have been inspired by), but I'd imagine offering a vamp to another vamp is an action that is very much frowned upon and even punished in terms of Rebirth universe.
So probably just let Sharon have what she wants and let Princeps judge Astrid might have a more positive outcome (though, Sharon's "NO!" reaction did come out pretty strong. Not sure whether this is because whether she still has some affections for Astrid, or whether it's "Astrid is my enemy, but even so I don't wish to throw her to someone like Callisto who I despise more" Might be a bit of both).

- Some issues also in this update with scenes not matching the dialogue. Character avatars also not matching actual character renders, but I'd be guessing these will be all reported to LikesBlondes and be fixed in future update.

- Not really any lewds, but narrative pushed forward a lot, and it was great. Can't wait for Episode 4. Come to think of it, I don't really remember how many Episodes are planned for this game. Arigon was it 5 episodes or is Episode 4 the final one (did LikesBlondes and Ptolemy mention anything before)?
5 episodes bud,

Good comments.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Peace

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Things of note:

- Andrew has a point because Calisto is a deadly threat to Sharon. Andrew is bonded with Sharon beyond the blood bond so he's trying to protect her. He could have burned Calisto and Cindy easily in their sleep and later say they tried something against the Archon (Sharon)
- About drinking vampire blood. In the source material if a vampire drinks another one dry killing him in the process, the former innherits the other one power level so to say. This is forbidden and sanctioned with death in civilized vampire circles like the one of our protagonists.

Last edited:

deoclitian

Aug 5, 2017
- Andrew has a point because Calisto is a deadly threat to Sharon. Andrew is bonded with Sharon beyond the blood bond so he's trying to protect her. He could have burned Calisto and Cindy easily and later say they tried something against the Archon (Sharon)
Andrew vs Calisto/Cindy, would go something like:
my bet is on Calisto/Cindy
- About drinking vampire blood. In the source material if a vampire drinks another one dry killing him in the process, the former innherits the other one power level so to say. This is forbidden and sanctioned with death in civilized vampire circles like the one of our protagonists.

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Guess we can say we Ass Rid :D

Look here it's simple economics, would you trade that crazy pscyo to rent that Shiny dagger personally I'd like to do it the old fashioned way with my bare claws,I mean we have them so why not use them ?

I wonder how pissed Sharon will be when she discovers we gave astrid to Calisto, if she isn't too mad might as well get rid of her.
Cave girl is actually a cutie? :BootyTime:
Calisto imo is really underestimating how old Cave lady is, It might be calisto's turn to have a Ego check :KEK:
One less mouth to feed as the environmentalist say, or was that what the lunch lad says.

Things of note:

peace
You were soo right on many of your theory crafting, now is your left nut safe or... ?

Story wise I see the following points that are of interest in the Code and will affect future episode

1) getting +2 to stealth if you have invisibility and peeked on Calsito and seen her true form (Variable: Calform) (Arigon would you still tap that ?)

2)The mark on Laurie and Carmen indicates a stain on their soul or pscye as they are now down with a debuff of sorts(Variable: Carmenmarked/lauriemarked) also what will Fabian say

3) Handing over Astrid may be required for those who focused only on stealth or haven't built points to powerpunch and claws ,not needed for those who have min maxxed, unsure of future story affect.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: 95er and Arigon

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
This episode moved the game a lot forward. To bad at my current time, I need to split my time here with Aloy.;)

Other than that:
Unsure about the dagger and Astrid. She is need to be judged and the judgement needs to be rendered. Yet, I doubt the sentence from Callisto that it will cost, has only one meaning. The consequence in the vampire world if this will become public is one, the disturbance that this cause between the MC and Sharon are another and possible lose of humanity may be a third.
Also it could be that if we question Astrid, me may learn something from her.
All that against the gain of favour with Callisto, the most powerfull vampires we know (yet). As well as a invaluable dagger, I assume - Perhaps she give us also a chainmail next time?:p

Also Callisto has reprimand Sharon the second time? From another game, the third time would be the end of your story. Hopefully Callisto is not as baddass as Donna Cordia.;)

zargoth99

Jul 29, 2021
ok at the beginning of the file to fix this insert
default calform=False

that should fix it.

Bug will be fixed in main version on the release next weekend
where do I go in the folder for the file and what's the file name to modify it?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
- Andrew has a point because Calisto is a deadly threat to Sharon. Andrew is bonded with Sharon beyond the blood bond so he's trying to protect her. He could have burned Calisto and Cindy easily and later say they tried something against the Archon (Sharon)
I have a bit different opinion regarding Andrew.
I mean sure, Andrew could burn Calisto and Cindy while they're asleep, but I doubt he and Sharon would be able to get away with it that easily. Especially considering Sharon is just a newly appointed Archon, and Calisto is an Elder, who is a being of much higher position and power, and most likely feared and respected to the ones who know her in the vamp society (I mean, she's even way higher than the Princeps).

In fact, I'd be willing to guess if Andrew had done such a rash act, both him and Sharon (and yes, also MC) would come under heavy scrutiny by the Vamp Society that they assassinated a guest in their home, and they'd take a huge hit in their reputation, unless there is hard evidence of breach of how a guest should behave).
And besides, it's not like Andrew was even thinking of accommodating to be good hosts even in the beginning of Calisto's visit. In fact, he's been basically fueling Sharon's ego saying "We should show our strengths" etc which made her make a not so smart decision against Calisto in previous update (though Sharon's own huge ego I feel did play a huge part in it, which MC warns her time and time again).

And with the flamethrower? Sure, when Calisto and Cindy are sleeping I'd assume there'd be no problem, but with Cindy being awake (and being her bitchy self to Andrew by the door), I don't think it would have been in Andrew's favor. He'll try to torch her in flames, but most likely I'm guessing before he can kill her that way, she'll knock the flamethrower out of his hands and kill him with her immense strength (which even surprised the MC when they first met). It's just that I think she chose not to cause Cindy is just so obsessed with how it will inconvenience/displease her Hieira

Wasn't really aware of the lore, but yeah I thought that might be the case (regarding feeding on other vamps).

I guess, with Cindy, while humiliating her is comical, I fear I might get a bit tired of if she does it again and again in the MC's next meet with Calisto and her. I mean if the player makes the right decisions, there's already several instances where MC humiliates her in Calisto visits this time around.
Though that, I guess it will depend on what Ptolemy has planned regarding her character.

Yeah, I mean Sharon I used to like a lot, but I think both her and Andrew really need to wake up in terms of how they behave in this new world. I mean the past two updates, it was basically Sharon and Andrew having their egos inflated so much and MC trying to get them to realize it's much more bigger deal than they think.

But all they were doing were "Oh I'm the Archon, so she'll have to follow my rules" or "We need to show our strength young master." I mean yes, guests have to abide by how Archon governs and showing strength is not necessarily a bad thing, but they were being in foolhardy level.
Sharon paid a bit of price in the last update, and Andrew, well...... he still thinks he can deal with Calisto and Cindy (without even considering who they are, and the severe consequences it may bring them should they openly engage in conflict with an Elder).
Your phrase "they've been frogs in a well" is indeed correct.
Felt like time and time again (during Calisto's visit) MC had to bail both of them out of the conflict (well ok, not Sharon, she got to taste the bitter pill lol), being the mediator.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
This episode moved the game a lot forward. To bad at my current time, I need to split my time here with Aloy.;)

Other than that:
Unsure about the dagger and Astrid. She is need to be judged and the judgement needs to be rendered. Yet, I doubt the sentence from Callisto that it will cost, has only one meaning. The consequence in the vampire world if this will become public is one, the disturbance that this cause between the MC and Sharon are another and possible lose of humanity may be a third.
All that against the gain of favour with Callisto, the most powerfull vampires we know (yet). As well as a invaluable dagger, I assume - Perhaps she give us also a chainmail next time?:p

Also Callisto has reprimand Sharon the second time? From another game, the third time would be the end of your story. Hopefully Callisto is not as baddass as Donna Cordia.;)
that reminds me of a lady with whom i have a very deep connection with who once told me "you have failed me once, i assure you there will not be a 3rd time!" which ofc was wierd... 1st it was my own mother and 2nd i was 5!

Babalon

Dec 19, 2019
shit ..... now i want to stuck my dick in ancient beauties and cuddle :ROFLMAO: where is dream girl? curse you Likeblondes the best in end i need to stab , that ancient bikini when i saw and those eyes it melted my heart :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
a mystery for another chapter........
Peace
Or is it ? We've begun seeing the effects now and the question is are we willing to do what it takes to keep them from harms way ?:unsure:
It's asically simillar to Mirasoulstain but this stains the victims soul.
Also an interesting thing I've come upon the sea of stars in the last update

Other than that:

I see the dagger is needed for those who don't have the claws and power punch we unlocked, since you'll need something or bad end or being used as a ragdoll

I have a bit different opinion regarding Andrew.
I mean sure, Andrew could burn Calisto and Cindy while they're asleep, but I doubt he and Sharon would be able to get away with it that easily. Especially considering Sharon is just a newly appointed Archon, and Calisto is an Elder, who is a being of much higher position and power, and most likely feared and respected to the ones who know her in the vamp society (I mean, she's even way higher than the Princeps).

In fact, I'd be willing to guess if Andrew had done such a rash act, both him and Sharon (and yes, also MC) would come under heavy scrutiny by the Vamp Society that they assassinated a guest in their home, and they'd take a huge hit in their reputation, unless there is hard evidence of breach of how a guest should behave).
And besides, it's not like Andrew was even thinking of accommodating to be good hosts even in the beginning of Calisto's visit. In fact, he's been basically fueling Sharon's ego saying "We should show our strengths" etc which made her make a not so smart decision against Calisto in previous update (though Sharon's own huge ego I feel did play a huge part in it, which MC warns her time and time again).

And with the flamethrower? Sure, when Calisto and Cindy are sleeping I'd assume there'd be no problem, but with Cindy being awake (and being her bitchy self to Andrew by the door), I don't think it would have been in Andrew's favor. He'll try to torch her in flames, but most likely I'm guessing before he can kill her that way, she'll knock the flamethrower out of his hands and kill him with her immense strength (which even surprised the MC when they first met). It's just that I think she chose not to cause Cindy is just so obsessed with how it will inconvenience/displease her Hieira

Wasn't really aware of the lore, but yeah I thought that might be the case (regarding feeding on other vamps).

I guess, with Cindy, while humiliating her is comical, I fear I might get a bit tired of if she does it again and again in the MC's next meet with Calisto and her. I mean if the player makes the right decisions, there's already several instances where MC humiliates her in Calisto visits this time around.
Though that, I guess it will depend on what Ptolemy has planned regarding her character.

Yeah, I mean Sharon I used to like a lot, but I think both her and Andrew really need to wake up in terms of how they behave in this new world. I mean the past two updates, it was basically Sharon and Andrew having their egos inflated so much and MC trying to get them to realize it's much more bigger deal than they think.

But all they were doing were "Oh I'm the Archon, so she'll have to follow my rules" or "We need to show our strength young master." I mean yes, guests have to abide by how Archon governs and showing strength is not necessarily a bad thing, but they were being in foolhardy level.
Sharon paid a bit of price in the last update, and Andrew, well...... he still thinks he can deal with Calisto and Cindy (without even considering who they are, and the severe consequences it may bring them should they openly engage in conflict with an Elder).
Your phrase "they've been frogs in a well" is indeed correct.
Felt like time and time again (during Calisto's visit) MC had to bail both of them out of the conflict (well ok, not Sharon, she got to taste the bitter pill lol), being the mediator.
We do have to consider the limited scope the others see in the narrative considering we are curious unlike the others who dismiss us as well as being fresh and not jaded in like the rest, something we share with Carmen . Along that thought it's frustrating how even Andrew lost a bit of his old self through out this episode, I didn't take him for someone not cautious considering the things they are aware of and frequently visited by Nos who come and go as they please.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes