Feb 13, 2018
banner.png

Updated: 17/03/2023
Game/Creator: Reclusive Bay /

Modder: /
Mod/Game Version: 1.0
Language: English

Features:
  • This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and story event in the game Reclusive Bay! The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story. The mod guides also show all requirements for getting all possible extra dialogue options and seeing all possible extra content during events and scenes.

• Improvements:
    • Massively improving the dialogue UI, changed textbox and font color added character portraits can be disabled in mod settings
    • Main Quest Tracker

Known Issues:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

RECOMMENDED: To start a new save if its older then game version 0.37

Download:

improved ui.png choice.png dates.png trackerarrow.png

Last edited:

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
Shawnchapp Cheers for taking the time to create this mod.
My first time using the mod and found a some issues.

1. I've always had the game in window mode after installing the mod It goes Fullscreen, Is there a way to not play in Fullscreen?
Even after going to preferences, Relaunching game reverts to Fullscreen. (Removing the mod returns it to normal)

2. I cannot find a way to remove one of the two MOD buttons screenshot0002.png Is there?

3. Very hard to read screenshot0001.png

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
It would be super awesome if you made it modular so that I could only pick to use your walkthrough stuff. I appreciate the improvements to the UI, but a lot of that I already had in my android port and it is messy to disentangle all of it.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
I'm not entirely sure how to do that, but the UI improvements can be disable (its just on by default)
I've seen other modders put things in seperate files (like overriding the quick menu for example) so that all I have to do is not include that particular file. If you can't manage, I'll just continue to hack out the stuff I don't want ;)

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I've seen other modders put things in seperate files (like overriding the quick menu for example) so that all I have to do is not include that particular file. If you can't manage, I'll just continue to hack out the stuff I don't want ;)

all those overrides are in the overrides file you can just comment out everything under "if persistent.mod_use_improved_ui" and remove the default (or change default persistent.mod_use_improved_ui to False) and remove the toggle option in Shawn_screens file that gives player the option to toggle it on and off in the settings

i already keep the files pretty much separate, so all overrides in overrides, all mod UI in screens, guide in guides, style in styles etc

just be careful what you edit for example the quick menu override also has the image button for the mod menu so that image button kinda has to stay unless you want to remove the mod menu button Lol

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
all those overrides are in the overrides file you can just comment out everything under "if persistent.mod_use_improved_ui" and remove the default (or change default persistent.mod_use_improved_ui to False) and remove the toggle option in Shawn_screens file that gives player the option to toggle it on and off in the settings

i already keep the files pretty much separate, so all overrides in overrides, all mod UI in screens, guide in guides, style in styles etc

just be careful what you edit for example the quick menu override also has the image button for the mod menu so that image button kinda has to stay unless you want to remove the mod menu button Lol
Already done ;)

Wetman2020

Jul 15, 2021

Updated: 15/08/2022
Game/Creator: Reclusive Bay /

Modder: /
Mod Version: 0.38
Game Version: 0.38
Language: English

Features:
  • This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and story event in the game Reclusive Bay! The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story. The mod guides also show all requirements for getting all possible extra dialogue options and seeing all possible extra content during events and scenes.

• Improvements:
    • Massively improving the dialogue UI, changed textbox and font color added character portraits can be disabled in mod settings

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:

View attachment 1965877 View attachment 1965875 View attachment 1965876
I installed the mod, but when i run the game, it's all error and i can't play the game. Can anyone help me? I'm on mac btw

Last edited:

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
It would be nice if the transparency slider worked for the UI on yours but no matter what is set it ignores the changes. maybe add a mod UI transparency slider in the extra's/settings tab.

Also seems the double mod button that appears only shows up when you are loading from a previous save that did not use the mod.

On top of that if some quests are completed without a mod seem to break your mod syncing so I have some quests saying finish quest 3 and 11 and will not update which quest it really is on.

The very first quest on the mod says go to kitchen to find cascade but she is actually in living room before kitchen.

Pretty much starting from scratch and the mod is mostly working the way it was intended.

Some quests have more dialog or choices but the mod cuts off the step and begins the next part before the question is asked a good example is step 1 of Lily says peek then says here, let me help you up. it also says oh, they are looking up already but before that option comes up it it already switches to step 2 and cuts off the last choice.

Last edited:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
It would be nice if the transparency slider worked for the UI on yours but no matter what is set it ignores the changes. maybe add a mod UI transparency slider in the extra's/settings tab.
sorry what slider? i didn't add a slider

And what you mean double mod button?

" quests are completed without a mod seem to break your mod syncing "

Which quests? mostly if not all steps are tracked by visited labels or variables the game sets can you tell me which girl and walk though that happen on?

" The very first quest on the mod says go to kitchen "

Thats the second step first step is meeting her down stairs for the first time

" step 1 of Lily "

Fixed for next version thanks for that

Last edited:

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
The window that shows the text has a transparency slider works without the mod but with the mod installed you cant change it as long as UI improvements are in effect. The settings are in the preferences of the games menu's it only works on original not your improved version.

2022-08-18 05_17_33-Reclusive Bay.png

The double mod button is from this post below number 2 on its list. I had the same problem until I started the game again from scratch.
https://f95zone.to/threads/reclusiv...rovements-0-38-shawnchapp.126263/post-8772890

it also causes some of the quest info to overlap in number 3 same post above where it says complete summer 12 but it also gives you the next step at the same time. the poster commented about hard to read well its not just hard to read for some reason it is not registering the correct quest again is the reason I restarted from beginning.

the quest might be setup properly with the mod installed by default just not if you try to install it on a previously played version since I had save files from when I played 28.2 so long as I did use the default hint and help worked fine just not with the mod. I think the simple fact is something was just not working right if using previous saves.

2022-08-18 05_10_36-Reclusive Bay.png
sorry meant foyer.... not kitchen when wrote that.... but she was in living room

Found another issue Cascade step 9 jumps to 11.
If lily step 5 is completed cascades goes to step 10. step 10 does not change to the next step until you go to the location and at the correct time which is step 11 Night in Dining Room. shows a blank til you go to the right place at the right time. It says Morning in Dining room instead. the second picture I posted below for step 11 was during the event for this step.
2022-08-18 06_28_35-Reclusive Bay.png 2022-08-18 06_18_25-Reclusive Bay.png 2022-08-18 06_21_58-Reclusive Bay.png 2022-08-18 06_27_12-Reclusive Bay.png

another issue with step 10 or 11 I cant tell anymore is it does not match the walkthrough. I think there is a step missing. or it was completely rewritten at some point.

2022-08-18 06_34_59-Reclusive Bay.png

Marcus step 1 jumps to step 6. step 2 never loads but if you complete the requirements for step 2 it goes to step 3.
marcus step 5 does not switch to step 6 after you speak to him during 5.

Paige step 6 time is set to Morning it should be Day. Morning Noon Afternoon all work.

I think most of these problems could be due to not having the story as one of the characters like the help/hint thing has it. so the syncing is not working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssato243

Scoooter22

Nov 7, 2019
Shawnchapp Cheers for taking the time to create this mod.

3. Very hard to read View attachment 1987103
Hey Shawnchapp , thank you for the mod, it's really great.
Can you help with the fix for the issue mentioned in the quoted post? Summer's WT overlaps from the beginning, it always shows step 11 even if you are still at step 2 or so, Eve's WT also has overlapping text, now Vivian's started doing it after step 8 or so and it's getting impossible to use it anymore. Thank you