Mod Ren'Py Reclusive Bay - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [1.0][Shawnchapp]

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
Huh odd, I'll start working on fixing all that thanks i never saw that post, tho it seems your mod button isn't doubled in your screenshots?
Correct , in my screenshot it is not the doubled up mod button due to only appearing if using an old saves which for most that continue to play will probably get.

I just found it easier to just restart with the mod. So I do hope you are able to finish the mod with the game saying this because it almost feels like it would need a whole guide rewrite. Oh and I was wrong before the Cascade step 11 is different it does happen during the Morning. What I think I found is the Story mode Quest is what was doing the one I was posting about which is why that part was not working and showing up in the quests.

I do not know how long those types of edits will take but I do hope you might add one for the story mode since it also has options to pick for collecting char specific RS SL or PEEKs. I looked at the guide and screens RPY files for the mod and just cannot make heads or tails to find any way to help. lol

I do hope it gets better in future if you use this style of mod for other games since lain stopped it is nice to see it revived.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I do not know how long those types of edits will take but I do hope you might add one for the story mode since it also has options to pick for collecting char specific RS SL or PEEKs.
Well from what you said it sounds mostly like a issues the Cas, wait do you mean the main quests or do you mean story mode? cause i didn't know there was a story mode option

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
The Main Story mode quests seem to have character specific RS SL Peeks for different chars the one I thought was step 11 was not step 11 at all. instead it was a story quest that had you go to the dining room at night doing similar to step 11 and it had the character doing practically the same things as step 11.

But as I said before the story mode might need to be added since it is making it hard to understand which is a character specific quest versus a main story specific quest. Just add it like a separate character with no face.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
The Main Story mode quests seem to have character specific RS SL Peeks for different chars the one I thought was step 11 was not step 11 at all. instead it was a story quest that had you go to the dining room at night doing similar to step 11 and it had the character doing practically the same things as step 11.
Ah gotcha, it was an issues with useing "renpy_seen" (since that tracks if renpy has ever seen it not just on this save oversight by me)

i could easily fix everything by just modifying the game scipt to add flags but im trying really hard not to do that (cause i don't like saves breaking if someone wants to removes my mod so it means it cause me a little extra work to use pre existing flags that dev sometimes puts at the begin of the scene in the middle or the end (at the end it works great but at the beginning and middle its more tricky)

EDIT/Update:
double mod button should be fixed now (i hope)
Textbox transparency slider now works

Still working on the guides.
and adding a main quest tracker (just an arrow that points to the walk through)

trackerarrow.png

Last edited:

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
Yeah good luck on the guide there is just too much from what I saw. Organizing also seems to be a nightmare with sandbox based games. I never understood how lain was able to make theirs work.

As you have stated trying to not add things into the game itself does make it a bit harder to correctly activate triggers the game must have something like that since its hint and help system triggers just fine maybe using it might help to trigger yours but who knows. Maybe there is a way when a menu pops up that would be the trigger for the section of the specific quest. Just don't know how the peek not peek buttons would work with it.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yeah good luck on the guide there is just too much from what I saw. Organizing also seems to be a nightmare with sandbox based games. I never understood how lain was able to make theirs work.

As you have stated trying to not add things into the game itself does make it a bit harder to correctly activate triggers the game must have something like that since its hint and help system triggers just fine maybe using it might help to trigger yours but who knows. Maybe there is a way when a menu pops up that would be the trigger for the section of the specific quest. Just don't know how the peek not peek buttons would work with it.
"I never understood how lain was able to make theirs work."

by editing the files which is why lots of her mods broke saves/the game

"help system triggers just fine"

ya its label tracking which is what i use to but problem is as soon as the label start the label is tracked meaning if i just used that as a trigger it won't show the choices and just skip to the next step. (I'll figure it out Lol)

Reactions: KiraJames

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018

Scoooter22

Nov 7, 2019
yup working and fixing all that

are you guys using an old save? cause most of these errors don't show up for me so can someone send me a save that has all of them would make it easier to track them all down
nope, discovered the game with this new version, started from scratch with version 0.38.
I'm attaching my save

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
AmBush-UK Krashyn Scoooter22 helix1122

Thanks you guys for the bug reports, new version out know

Changelogs:
Fixed guide overlaps (if i missed any please let me know)
Double mod button should now be fixed
added "Purple Arrow" to point you to where the next Main quest is
Textbox Transparency slider in the games option now works with the improved UI
other minor bug fixes and some typos

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
AmBush-UK Krashyn Scoooter22 helix1122

Thanks you guys for the bug reports, new version out know

Changelogs:
Fixed guide overlaps (if i missed any please let me know)
Double mod button should now be fixed
added "Purple Arrow" to point you to where the next Main quest is
Textbox Transparency slider in the games option now works with the improved UI
other minor bug fixes and some typos
Ok, Deleted the old one, Just downloaded and installing now.

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
Nope, Still got Double MOD button & going into Full screen
After deleting ALL Saves and loading game It still goes FULLSCREEN regardless of change in Preferences

Overlaps gone tho
I'll go on without the mod, Thanks for trying.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Nope, Still got Double MOD button
odd i honestly have no clue what could be causeing that it should be hidden under the city map....
as for the full screen ya just have to remove "renpy.game.preferences.fullscreen = True" from the overides file

i made the changes for you this removes the extra button (so during scenes you have to click the quick menu shortcut to pop open the menu instead) and removed the fullscreen preset goes in game/mod (override if asked to)

Last edited:

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
odd i honestly have no clue what could be causeing that it should be hidden under the city map....
as for the full screen ya just have to remove "renpy.game.preferences.fullscreen = True" from the overides file

i made the changes for you this removes the extra button (so during scenes you have to click the quick menu shortcut to pop open the menu instead) and removed the fullscreen preset goes in game/mod (override if asked to)
Single MOD button = Check
Windowed = Check
No Overlapping txt = Check
All functioning as intended = Check

All sorted, cheers m8

Reactions: Shawnchapp