Tutorial RAGS Regalia - Enhanced RAGS 2.x Player For The Browser

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Imthatguy9924

Jun 1, 2017
Does anyone have a link to Man in the family or can convert it? If not as its an old game that was mostlikly abandoned then no worries. much love people

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
Pretty sure it's unplayable anyway.
I have html version but its old version I cant using this shit rags becuse I cant save a game it give me debuggign error -_- also becuse of jit debugging error I cant convert it to html by myself becuse it give me the same error this rags Its most shit apk what I saw

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
any chance to update new version no haven?
Newer versions of No Haven will not ever work with Regalia because it's a RAGS 3.x game now and the RAGS 2.x designer won't export it.

You're better off telling the authors to remake their game in a modern engine that can handle what they're trying to throw at it.

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
Newer versions of No Haven will not ever work with Regalia because it's a RAGS 3.x game now and the RAGS 2.x designer won't export it.

You're better off telling the authors to remake their game in a modern engine that can handle what they're trying to throw at it.
Im not sure but In the topic game they speak about dev work on "twin?" or "twilling" version not sure I belive its new engine.

Imthatguy9924

Jun 1, 2017
Glitch with me agaist the world. you cant do the book shelf puzzle as it says you don't have the books when you do

Never mind, just found out its because it was on an old Regalia

Last edited:
Reactions: selectivepaperclip

Imthatguy9924

Jun 1, 2017
I have a few things to ask, Can we get A New Man and A Ghost story Please?
Also I asked this before but has anyone got a download for Man in the Family? I want to give the game a go but cant find a good link anywhere.

AliceTag

Mar 14, 2018
For No Haven, the current most recent version (0.9.23) runs fine in 2.4.16 and 3.x

The developer has posted guides on how to get it to work on their tumbler.

They are also currently working on porting the game from RAGS to Twine (HTML) but this is still a ways off.

amaranthpsj

Sep 4, 2019
I can confirm that No Haven 0.9.23 runs fine in Regalia, but I don't want to post my converted version because it's the patreon version and I also changed a bunch of the timers and variables before exporting it to html in order to cheat

catoman

Jul 18, 2017
I can confirm that No Haven 0.9.23 runs fine in Regalia, but I don't want to post my converted version because it's the patreon version and I also changed a bunch of the timers and variables before exporting it to html in order to cheat
Dude can you covert the public version a lot of us are just waiting for a recent regalia version of no haven pretty please ;(

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
Might as well share what you did for the game using the public version.

xarathos

Dec 30, 2017
Dunno if this is still active or not but figured I'd give a shout out anyway in case anybody checks. Weird behavior in Cursed again. This time it's related to the trait code, which is, of course, a nightmare.

Spoilered for space.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

save file attached

This is really promising even if only because RAGS is so frustrating to deal with but I guess I should've expected hiccups.

It seems like it's adding the trait sorta correctly but then further checks can't actually tell it's there. If you go into the Traits page it just shows the default empty list, then fires off the 'you have a new trait' sequence all over again.

EDIT: okay nvm. The problem seems to have solved itself if I reverted to Regalia 0.9.10

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019
Anyone got an idea what this means:

from the tutorial on importing games:

Next, you need to run the Regalia install script on your game:

• Ensure you have some version of Ruby installed - on Windows, try
  • Ensure you have some version of NodeJS/NPM installed -
  • In the Regalia source directory, npm install
  • In the Regalia source directory, ./bin/install /path/to/exported/game/dir

the lastline doesn't make sense to me.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
the lastline doesn't make sense to me.
It's a unix command you have to type in a terminal. Won't work on windows as-is.
It will work as written if you use a unix-styled command like like the 'git bash' that comes from installing git on windows.

You might be able to use the regular Windows command prompt, but that's not what I use so I don't know for sure what will work. You'd probably have to find out where Ruby is installed and run it as
Code:
C:\Ruby26-x64\bin\ruby.exe bin\install C:\path\to\game\dir

Reactions: vince638

dantman12321

Jun 13, 2017
@selectivepaperclip May have found a bug in 'Me Against The World'. I'm not sure if it was in the original though.

When the father busts in, right at the start, and tells you to the "ABCs" on the shelf in his study. Got the 3 books and tried to add them to the shelf. Book A will go, but trying to add the others ends up in a message saying "You don't have any books you can put into one of the empty slots", even though the books are in the inventory.

Screen added for visual aid: View attachment 125202

EDIT: Woops. Found the solution, even though I searched the thread previously.
What's the solution if you can remember because I have the same bug and I even copyed the Regina html and pasted it on top but no luck

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes