VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Reluctant Archon [v1.0 Full Vss] [Kyois]

1. 5.00 star(s)

danny slayer

Excellently crafted fantasy world, ripe with lore laced with a consistent plot. Gratifying sex scenes, with high level rendering.

The only real flaw thus far is the lack of animations during scene, though the game has enough to compensate.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Tohe Miju

Reviewed for Game version: Reluctant Archon Chapter 3 Complete

Wow. Just Wow. I always wanted to play a full on Magical Fantasy game for such a long time. But I could never find anything interesting. It always happens that games which have good graphics, have mediocre story (a lot of the games here in F95zone fall in this category). These game Just put some high quality graphics sex scenes together in compilation, with no story at all. And those rare gems which have both Great Graphics & Good Story, are not in the Genre I love the most i.e. Fantasy especially Magical Fantasy. So a long time ago, I stopped searching for such games in here. I even forgot my old account details for F95zone. Recently I visited F95zone again since it had been a long time since I last came here. And by sheer luck I stumbled upon this Game. After playing this Truly Awesome Spectacular Game I can only say that my long lost dream has finally been fulfilled. The story here Is Just Epic. I want to personally Congratulate the Developer of this game Mr Zivairs. The story created here is Definitely on par with the story of magical fantasy books which I have been reading throughout my life. And by creating high quality graphics along with this story, U have truly created a masterpiece with no parallel. The characters in this game are pretty awesome and interesting & each character model is superbly created since they all look lifelike. I also liked the fact that we have a choice before some sex scenes because then those who want to see all sex scenes, can simply continue And those having sexual overload (like me) can simply skip the ones we don't want to see & instead enjoy the story without any interruption. I hope the developer can add this choice in all future sex scenes. Someone mentioned that sex scenes need more work but I personally liked the way they were created here & felt they were sufficient. Also the Dialogues are well thought out. Yes the English in this game is not accurate in many places. But its NOT an issue since we can still understand everything perfectly. All In All, Full Marks from my side. Definitely the BEST Game of F95zone for me. My Heartfelt Thanks to the Developer for creating this game. I truly had a Wonderful time playing this game. I Wish the Developer Success in all his Future works. This game is definitely a Success for me. Enjoyed a Lot :D(y)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

mmmonsterkill

great game with a nice story.

except for my gripe with the "all non important characters are just blue silluettes" id saythe renders are well made as there is very little if any clipping,and i cant remember any super stiff poses. but the dev could probably use an upgrade in speccs to get that little extra OOMPH if you know what im saying.

overall i love the setting in this
    wide variety of personalities and styles on the girls which is nice., but personally my favorite part of the game is probably the protagonist. its nice to play a game where you arent a sexoffender,groomer or mega cuck, as those 3 seem to be the most common protag routes on here.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Konstantinus

This VN is awesome. It has enough fantasy vibe to give Isekai feelings and is not even an isekai. It is more like fleshbecomming Mage the Ascension or Mage the Awekaning. The story is good and plenty enough to feel thoroughly satisfied but not to good, that you feel like you get withdrawel symptoms from waiting. The cliffhanger are not really mean, they feel like: "Damn now I want to know, how it continue but this is a story for another day." It has even choices to decide Fuck or no Fuck. Well there are more but from what I knew the game is not far enough to show those consequences.
    Anyway if you like fantasy, want ever to be a mighty mage, or just a supernatural club owner like Luzifer Morningstar, then this game is for you.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

K18

One of the most refreshing and interesting stories here on F95zone and for one set in a fantasy world. Leaving you wanting to see more. Giving off the vibes of a movie or TV series.
    I’d describe as an urban & high fantasy with some elements of a criminal underworld. Where fantastical and supernatural elements plays a major part in the story. A colorful world and detailed lore with a variety of characters and love interests in the life of the hero. A strong protagonist with a personality, whose said to be destined for greater things by a great prophet, but due to a dark and troubled past led him to go into hiding himself in the world mixed with Myths, Humans, and Deities. This story is a break from the typical MC whose an school student and/or plain average guy living a mundane life until a sudden change of events in his daily life and a break from the slice-of-life type stories. Following the journey as we learn more about the protagonist and the world around him.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Harard

Current State: Chapter 3

This game has the best story I have seen on here. The Sex is just a plus.
    The Characters are likable and believable. The story is exactly as dark as it needs to be thrilling and light enough the be entertaining.
    I can't wait for the next update.
    Sadly there are some grammar and spelling mistake.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Captain Kirk

Would definitely recommend this game. One of the most interesting stories on this entire site. The story alone could get it 4 stars but there are also great characters and beautiful looking girls. A dev that moves the story forward. If you enjoy this game I would suggest that you check out his patreon!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

RanchFTW

It's amazing to me how good this game has consistently gotten. I'd have likely rated it a 3.5 to 4 on initial release, but I have no doubt I have to give it a 5 today. It is one of the best games on this site for me, and that's crazy given how many good ones there are.

The pros for this game are numerous; Alvara, the writing, the setting, the backstory, the lore, Alvara, the diverse and massive amount of characters, the powerful MC that isn't an utter jackass, the renders, the consistent story progress from chapter to chapter, and did I mention Alvara?! This game feels like a monthly cliffhanger from chapter to chapter. It draws you in then leaves you wanting more at a dramatic and appropriate point. It's very fun to play.

The cons; The wait from chapter to chapter! That's it. I honestly cannot think of anything else that I would change about this gem. However, even the wait is bittersweet, because there's a sense of anticipation when you realize another chapter is about to be released.

All in all this game deserves 5 stars out of 5, and Kudos to the developer for the loving hard work he's put into it. I greatly appreciate it, and thoroughly enjoy the game. It's definitely worth a playthrough every chapter, and the developer is one of the few deserving of support.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Holy cow. This game is so enjoyable. It is so unique but still a little bit relatable in some regards. It is beautiful characters, the dialogue is pretty good, the characters are interesting. The quality is really up there considering this game doesn't have much supporters.

I really hope more people see this game and get to try it. I found myself just excited to continue forward and never wanted to stop. The possiblities of where the plot will go seem endless and the potential is off the charts. I would love to see how this game looks years from now.

The MC is extremely powerful yet composes himself as somewhat humble (for an archon). The LIs aren't all cock bimbos, they seem to have their own background and motivations. It allows for an almost realistic story which is near impossible considering the setting. It is very impressive.

I absolutely recommend giving this game a go. It starts a little confusing and mysterious but quickly opens up into a pretty fleshed setting while still keeping some things to an eerie mystery. At this point in the game, I have started appreciating the characters and the plot has gotten to a very exciting time in the story.

Once again I hope the game gets recognized for how awesome it is and that the dev can continue this quality onwards.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 996313

The highlight of the game is the story and how it is told. The pacing, the decisions, the lack of grind, the characters (even the side characters) everything is sucking you into the plot.
    The MC's behaviour and reasoning is well explained and understandable. The models all look good. Can't wait to see, how the story is going on.

One highlight for me is, the design of the different races. Especially when it comes to the sex scenes where you sometimes even can choose, how you wish to see a character. Youu will know what I mean when you play the game.

Only contra I have is, that the writing sometimes is not so good. But it is never so bad as that it pulls me out of the game or that I couldn't understand, what is happening. It is just not his native language.

Great game.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Baelic

This is easily one of the best visual novels I've played in a while. The characters are lively and well developed, and the story is top quality and doesn't focus solely on sexual shenanigans, nor is the main protagonist a creep/idiot for which I am most grateful. the character interactions are well written, and make you feel like you're really there and a part of everything, and you can feel a genuine connection with the characters. With plot intrigue that leaves you hungering for more.

all in all a very solid experience which I look forward to continuing, and highly recommend to others. particularly those who might have a liking for books such as the dresden files, or Iron Druid Chronicles.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Obiwanker

I sense the inspiration from "Lucifer" and i like it ! Its not a shallow game, it has really interesting story and characters. Perhaps it would be much better if it made partially open world. But aside from that, it's nice chance for once main character actually not a powerless douchebag loser whom has no dignity. Main character actually a powerful caring person with style. It is well done. Hope keeps going well.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Alfred the Fallen

The game has beautiful renders, some interesting characters, a complete lack of grind, and branching story lines. I was very surprised when we were given the option to turn down the advances of the main girl at the start of the game. I'm always impressed when authors go out of their way to create branching story lines, and I've never been a fan of forced relationships in these games, so I was pleased to see that we were given that much control over the character. Sadly, there are some characters later on who are unavoidable, so it's not perfect.

The story is interesting enough. You play as a powerful mage who is believed to be destined for great things, and have to deal with other powerful figures trying to use you for their own personal gains while you mostly just want everyone to leave you alone. I am a huge fan of Marena, and this is one of the few games that I get genuinely excited to see updated. Or at least it was until this past update had an awful sex scene shoehorned into a place where there should not have been one at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That whole sequence was so out of place that it's really making doubt the writer's ability to see this story through to the end. Needlessly adding new characters into an ongoing story is one of the fastest ways to bog down a game and increase the chances of it never being finished. This is especially true when they are as pointless and annoying as this one here. It's only on one path of the game, so hopefully it will just be a single misstep in the long run, but the fact that it stuck out like a sore thumb is enough to make me worry about the quality of future updates.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

moqbull

Rare that a game has a good plot. This one fortunately does. Some spelling and grammatical errors but otherwise the text actually makes sense. Helps that we don't have a bratty protag. Also good that the game so far doesn't have incest or any other weird stuff.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

consumptionist

though it is an excellent read up til now, (chapter 3 release) it is by no means perfect so 5 stars are off the table as that is reserved for a perfect game, something people give in a review and then promptly also post about faults, which beggars belief.

it is a good story and I enjoyed almost every second of it. the spelling was at times suspect but not so bad that you lose immersion. the renders were also good, though to be fair, not the best we have seen across this site, but more than enough for this project. a few went missing near the end of the chapter and I also hit an exception, but as its still in development these things happen.

what seems and even feels abundantly clear is that the dev or devs have put some forethought into this project before starting the programming stage. this is shown, as the flow doesn't seem to differ like some do from update to update, and there didn't seem to be any giant plot holes or wierd tangents from choices leading to something completely unexpected from the left field. the whole thing seems solid from a dev or devs who seem to not only know what they are doing, but also enjoy their artform.

it may seem like high praise but objectively, it really is that good compared to so many others tried on this site.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

desmosome

I am so glad that plot focused VNs like this are popping up every once in a while. This game has a highly engrossing story that is reminiscent of things like Shadowrun, American Gods, and Vampire: The Masquerade.

This game's strongest suit is definitely the story. The dialogues are very natural. The writing style is not too wordy or overly descriptive. The pacing is quite nice. You get dreams or flashbacks from time to time to learn about MC's past, while the plot dives right in to the conflicts that arise from MC's family ties. The girls well written. They all have some depth and personality.

The renders are are pretty good. The models are decent. Most of them have a unique look that isn't too common in other games (i think). The game uses the "lets not show MC's face so people can self insert" way of framing the scenes. I think that's an unnecessary limit to place on the scenes, but the game does a good job of it.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

InsaneMadScientist

Good points :
    Nice models
    Really good story (Got me hyped into it)
    Some really likeable characters, while other characters are still good
    Good MC
    Lots of content for this version

Neutral Points :
    Sex Scenes are ok

Bad Points :
    I don't see bad points for now

So a good 5 stars for one of the most interesting game for me (just hoping it's not gonna end with a story too complex for nothing)

(Rated on Ch.2)
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Darkmetal

[Review Version: Ch.2 Windows]

What do you get when you mix Greek mythology with sorcerers, orcs, vampires, fauns, the Yakuza, and a succubus? Well, apparently what you get is this game - and it works.

To navigate this bat-shit crazy world, you control a powerful badass MC – with appropriately powerful enemies out to get you - while you ponder questions like; how far can I let the succubus suck me off before I die or how will the sashimi lady react if I bang the Yakuza seer.

This is a fun game where the story itself really matters and is not just a “setting for having H-scenes.” The ladies in this game are also not your mix of 18 year olds and lonely MILFs, they have their own past, ambitions, needs and a will of their own. It is well crafted and there is strong indication that the dev has this story well mapped out and is not going to wing-it or derail the good pacing with filler.

Highly recommended.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

LaocheXe

This is one hell of a story..... The renders are epic, this game is epic. Can't wait for future updates/releases... Keep up the epic work! This visual novel has vampires, magical beings/creatures, humans, orcs, and a bunch of others!!! what's next, werewolves? I don't even care about the sex scenes - I'm here for the story!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Sinphil

Normally I don't review a game with just a few days of story..but damn what an action packed few days.

The world is great. I have seen a few comparisons to TV shows that don't do it justice it is the tabletop RPG game system World of Darkness on steroids. The mythic creatures, the politics and the keeping hidden (The Masquerade in WOD) including the agents that protect the humans. Monsters with personalities, dreams and goals that not inherently evil.

A fast paced story that has you hooked from start and doesn't let go and leaves you hungering when you hit end of content.

Great character development without detracting from story or slowing pace of game The use of sharp dialogue to give characters depth of personality true craftsmanship. There are spelling mistakes and a few grammar problems but nothing that spoils story or slows understanding.

H scenes aplenty already and they fit in with story very well. The renders and scenes are quality and lots of variety.

A multilayered story with many power players that will keep us guessing for a long time.

A lot of visual clues tied in that may or may not be relevant but I wont discuss here.

Patreon has no tiers (at this point) so you get treated same regardless of how little you donate. No paywalls on content.