2.60 star(s) 5 Votes
Sep 9, 2021
Looks good, hoping this will be released on steam

edit:
review: There are several bugs, the content isn't much, and the size is quite big for the initial release.my recommendation is to leave it for now and come back later after few updates

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Thank you! Hope you'll like our first version :)
Gonna tag you here just so you see this, but hopefully you fix ultrawide resolution in the future. Problem being it zooms the picture in so on a 21:9 resolution (e.g 3440x1440) you would see less than on a 16:9 resolution (e.g 2560x1440) which can make the game less enjoyable, which is also true if being forced into black bars (not as much though).

Tried to look for where the config file saves for the game to try a fix that's worked on others but couldn't find it. Tower of Fantasy had the same issue and you could "fix" it (it broke everywhere you went into a cutscene lol) by adding this to the engine.ini

[/script/engine.localplayer]
AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
The lag is horrible, which makes the combat system awkward and difficult. The very same improvements you have mentioned in the changelog actually make the game unappealing. Plus why must the MC always run?..."Toggle Run" doesn't work. I have less control over his movements (when coupled with the lag).

I know you've spent a lot of time on this but I strongly recommend a different engine. I don't think (IMO) many players on the site have the hardware to run this properly. Also, at over 3 gigs for what is basically an introduction, you are most likely going to have to find some way to optimize it.

EDIT: And the potions don't work.

Last edited:

DecadentGames

Oct 12, 2022
The lag is horrible, which makes the combat system awkward and difficult. The very same improvements you have mentioned in the changelog actually make the game unappealing. Plus why must the MC always run?..."Toggle Run" doesn't work. I have less control over his movements (when coupled with the lag).

I know you've spent a lot of time on this but I strongly recommend a different engine. I don't think (IMO) many players on the site have the hardware to run this properly. Also, at over 3 gigs for what is basically an introduction, you are most likely going to have to find some way to optimize it.

EDIT: And the potions don't work.
Heya, sorry to hear you're having issues, if by lag you refer to low frame rates, you could try lowering the screen percentage to 50, it acts as DLSS or FSR. The lowest machine we had our hands on to test performance on weaker hardware was a 1060 GTX, 3600x Ryzen CPU 16GB Ram, with all settings on high and screen percentage at 50 we've managed to hit 55+ FPS. We'll continue to optimize as much as we can further down the line.

It's weird the potions don't work for you. Are you trying to use them at full Health? If yes, then you can't use them. We'll add a voice line or something in the future to make it more clear.

Thank you for trying out our game!

Reactions: RinDman

InTheWoods

Apr 13, 2022
Getting hit by an enemy = controller vibration, however I can't use the controller (XBox USB) for input. Sad.

Gonzeh

Jul 28, 2017
After playing through, i'm impressed with what you have done initially. Cranked the settings to max on my system:

7600X, 32GB DDR5 6000 and 6600XT. Stayed above 40 FPS which isn't bad for my now struggling GPU, initial optimisation seems good, CPU usage was only 10% so that might explain some stuff.

Please do not change from UE5, what you've made so far is beautiful. The main thing i'd like to see is better animations for walking, etc. Those are pretty janky currently. Seems like you have some dynamic weather in there? Sure it started raining briefly when I played.

The enemies hit like a tank currently, so you might wanna tweak that, i'm not a bit fan of heavy hitters in games like this. I'd rather a good story, environment and exploration than getting ganked by enemies and dead within 3 hits :)

Overall i'm quite impressed, I love the fact you have hair and clothing physics in there too. Really hope to see this progress and not die off like so many other games. Keep at it!

DecadentGames

Oct 12, 2022
After playing through, i'm impressed with what you have done initially. Cranked the settings to max on my system:

7600X, 32GB DDR5 6000 and 6600XT. Stayed above 40 FPS which isn't bad for my now struggling GPU, initial optimisation seems good, CPU usage was only 10% so that might explain some stuff.

Please do not change from UE5, what you've made so far is beautiful. The main thing i'd like to see is better animations for walking, etc. Those are pretty janky currently. Seems like you have some dynamic weather in there? Sure it started raining briefly when I played.

The enemies hit like a tank currently, so you might wanna tweak that, i'm not a bit fan of heavy hitters in games like this. I'd rather a good story, environment and exploration than getting ganked by enemies and dead within 3 hits :)

Overall i'm quite impressed, I love the fact you have hair and clothing physics in there too. Really hope to see this progress and not die off like so many other games. Keep at it!
Heya, I'm glad the optimization we did so far is working out a bit :D . I'm pretty sure you should hit 60+ easily by going to high settings and tweaking the screen percentage slider a bit. Your GPU is stronger than the lowest 1060 we tested on. Most of the load of the game is on the GPU, guessing that's why the CPU is only at 10% in your case.

The animations are something we wish to work on more, we'll definitely change some of the jankier ones.

We'll also do a proper balancing of the enemies, while it's somewhat easy to dodge them, they do substantial damage at the moment.

Thank you for your kind words and feedback, we're definitely not gonna abandon this. It's a bit of struggle for now until we can secure some small modicum of funding but we're not gonna give up!

RinDman

Jun 7, 2017
A good start, running fine on big setup like mine xD

With time I guess, we can bind the keyboard/controller and better animations (sometimes the legs are doing something weird when we are running close to walls on some empty houses or going through closed doors xD)

Looking forward !

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes