Ren'Py Renpy save editors now causing issues with saves, any help/ideas?

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
So I regularly use a online save editor for alot of renpy games to cut down on grinding in many sandbox Vn's. My problems is lately alot of renpy based games have some sort of altered save blocking security added and I always get a message when trying to load the save renpy pic.png
Anyone found a workaround for this? Every time I click yes nothing happens and it refuses to load the save. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Reactions: sakuzuda

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
So I regularly use a online save editor for alot of renpy games to cut down on grinding in many sandbox Vn's. My problems is lately alot of renpy based games have some sort of altered save blocking security added and I always get a message when trying to load the save View attachment 2813906
Anyone found a workaround for this? Every time I click yes nothing happens and it refuses to load the save. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!
It's not only related to save editor. The same message is shown for cross-platform saves also

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
It's not only related to save editor. The same message is shown for cross-platform saves also
I read something about it generating a key? Im thinking this is something renpy put in to stop people from sharing saves maybe?

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
I read something about it generating a key? Im thinking this is something renpy put in to stop people from sharing saves maybe?
Yep. In the saves folder it generate two .text files namely upgraded and security _keys. Deleting these two files also triggers the message.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Yep. In the saves folder it generate two .text files namely upgraded and security _keys. Deleting these two files also triggers the message.
The message being triggered is irrelevant, that's for security reasons.

But the save not working after you press "yes" is what signals it probably got corrupted after being edited.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Odlanier

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But the save not working after you press "yes" is what signals it probably got corrupted after being edited.
Theoretically, yes.
But practically I guess that it's more that the save editor do not care to, hmm... "encode back" the save file.
To simplify, this confuse Ren'Py because the save files are created after the key, probably including the key, but not using it. What effectively lead to the save file looking like corrupted and Ren'Py dropping it.

Reactions: Meaning Less

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
Theoretically, yes.
But practically I guess that it's more that the save editor do not care to, hmm... "encode back" the save file.
To simplify, this confuse Ren'Py because the save files are created after the key, probably including the key, but not using it. What effectively lead to the save file looking like corrupted and Ren'Py dropping it.
I use saveeditonline mainly so must be its corrupting it, im not familiar much with all the ways of editing saves, I like using the online editor cause it simplifies things for me instead of having to do all the figuring out of console commands etc. I mainly use it to just boost money etc in some Vn's that are grindy for money.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I like using the online editor cause it simplifies things for me instead of having to do all the figuring out of console commands etc. I mainly use it to just boost money etc in some Vn's that are grindy for money.
What there's to figure ? You already have the name of the variable, since you change it's value with saveEditOnline, so the only thing you need to write it money = 1000 then press the enter key to validate ; assuming that the variable for the money is named "money".

Reactions: kurstein

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
What there's to figure ? You already have the name of the variable, since you change it's value with saveEditOnline, so the only thing you need to write it money = 1000 then press the enter key to validate ; assuming that the variable for the money is named "money".
Thats the problem, many can be named gold, silver, copper, money, denero or what ever other language they may be using to edit it. Just made life simpler, im an older guy and dont have all the base knowledge and am lazy I guess, lol Just was always easier for me to just go online and punch in what money I did have in the search function, it would find all the code/values with that number so you could assume it was the money in inventory, or use google translate to find out if it means money etc. Sometimes Vns with sandboxes are quite the pain to edit everything so it made it simple for me. Alot of times it would be MC inventory id edit to get more of a certain item to make it less grindy, or make sure a LI had more affection etc. I know its not something everyone uses, but Ive been grinding in games for decades and am way over grinding,lol

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
You can still open the game save with saveeditor online just to see the variable names if that helps you, then instead of replacing the save file just open the game and change those values with console commands.

In case you don't know how to enable console, just drop the attached file into any renpy \game folder, load your save then press shift + o

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] im an older guy and dont have all the base knowledge and am lazy I guess,
And so am I, old since I'm 52yo, and lazy as fuck. The only difference is that I have the knowledge, and so I made a whole partly designed to help find those variables names....

It would let you find anyone of the variables, without real risk to confuse them with another that would have the same value at this time, and this whatever the language used to name them.

Reactions: GOWSPVTO0

stewscotia

Jun 4, 2018
And so am I, old since I'm 52yo, and lazy as fuck. The only difference is that I have the knowledge, and so I made a whole partly designed to help find those variables names....

It would let you find anyone of the variables, without real risk to confuse them with another that would have the same value at this time, and this whatever the language used to name them.
Thanks for that, Ill give it a go and see how I do with it, thank you all for the info and help :) much appreciated

NfNfPumba

Jul 25, 2023
when I try to use save edit online for Kunoichi it gives the variables as
"inv_akemi > money 0
inv_aki > money 0
inv_amaya > money 0
inv_anko > money 0" just as some examples. I'm having trouble finding the exact way to type them in the console.

PS I am mainly looking for the ptr ones

"inv_shady > items > 1 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 1 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 10 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 11 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 12 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 13 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 14 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 15 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 16 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 17 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 2 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 3 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 4 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 5 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 6 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 7 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 8 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1
inv_shop > items > 9 > 1 > ptr 1/0 1"

I found out that Save Edit Online said that the inventory.money variable changed to inv_money, but as for the rest idk. I'm assuming once I find one the rest will be almost identical just changed to fit the first number

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
from saveitonline
your RenPy
version have some save protection, to disable find this file \renpy\savetoken.py and replace if token_dir is None: by if True:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
does anyone know how to activate RENPY console on a mac? "shift + o" does not do anything.. thanks
Python:
define config.console = True
Put this in a file named "consoleEnabler.rpy" and drop the file where the rpy/rpyc/rpa files are located.

from saveitonline
your RenPy
version have some save protection, to disable find this file \renpy\savetoken.py and replace if token_dir is None: by if True:
Translation: We know that we are doing shit, but we don't want to fix the issue, so please break your games and accept to compromise your computer, thanks.

Reactions: qwsl