• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

VN - Ren'Py - Restore Her Career [v0.29] [Kalyha]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Demoness_Kiss

Short Version: Wasted Potential, Lack of Grammar, uninteresting characters, time-wasting.

Story:
    Half-decent, a guy who wants to blackmail every woman in his life…meh, very far from being impressive, but it had potential at the beginning.

Originality: I mean a game with blackmailing and possibly Stockholm syndrome (MAYBE)? Not original and also poorly made.

Renders: plain, like under the average level, which means it needs works aside for the heels that the women usually wear…it’s the only decent thing of the renders…not sure if the developer has a foot-fetish or just got lucky…

Sound: I played on mute, so no comment at all

Playability: It's on Renpy...just click around...there are a few “fake choices” which means that this game is basically a kinetic novel.

Performance: It's on Renpy = it's playable at least.

Bugs: didn't notice them

Animations: very basic.

Voice Acting: there isn't.

Grammar: it's barely understandable, more often than not, you don’t know if the characters are talking or thinking.

Amount of content: a lot? I gave up soon as I met Scarlet and noticed the Fake-Choice, Why? I don’t like bimbos and gold-diggers, so I tried to avoid her with the choices…BUT apparently, I can’t do that, so I gave up, I rage-quit right there.

Extra: it sounds like I’m trashing this game...which it would be true if the game was good and IF I was pointing out the flaws out of spite, but It's not the case here: we’re talking about of a boring MC who apparently wants to be idolized by his mother, his aunt and a bunch of other ladies, but still treats them like he already brainwashed them into being into him, while he barely gets some cheap compromise (like when he really wants a blowjob from his mother, but he gets a handjob). There should be some Stockholm Syndrome event? Maybe, I don’t know, but I think it would be fitting, but at the same time MC is so pathetically whiny and self-centered that he sounds like a spoiled kid trying to act like a bully. He is not impressive, not cool, he speaks like a 14 years old kid, everything of him make me think “I wish he gets cucked because it doesn’t deserve a single thing so far”. I’ve played a few other games with the blackmail tag, even then the MCs are worthy of respect (I mean that the guys have some attitude, that they knows how to get what they want and look cool while they’re doing it) but at the same time they know how to treat (nicely) their women enough to trigger a reaction, enough to make those ladies loyal to them…here I don’t see this, and I don’t see the potential, you know that you did bad when I wish that the MC would be cucked or doesn’t get what he wants.

Conclusion: Just No. I tried many times to play this game, to enjoy it, to be fair in judging it…but I can’t, I don’t see anything positive worthy to be mentioned. I don’t like a single thing of this game and I tried so many times to download it and play it without hating every moment of it, I just can’t, I’m sorry. How people can rate this game so highly for no real reasons, it's beyond my ability to understand human beings.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

I made it to where the MCs friend and mom came over. It was a real struggle to make it that far.
    Several things stick out that need fixing.
    When the MCs mom is behind the kitchen counter, it only comes up to her knees.
    The writing is awful, but it does need some help. I understand that English isn't the devs native language.
    The thing that saves this VN from being a disaster is the models. Unless you don't happen to enjoy super huge breasts.
    If this is the devs first attempt at creating a VN, then they're doing ok. Just the attention to details needs a fine tuning. Good luck with your project.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

leo_grouch

Wow what a terrible waste of time. The whole story/game comes off as a cheap and amateur project. The MC is nothing but a complete mercenary with no morals.
    The graphics and animations are horrid, sometimes looking like a 2D picture on a 3D background.
    Unfortunately there is no way to give zero stars in the rating.
    Complete waste of hard drive space this one is.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Darkness2020

Game had a good build up in the start but after a while you feel just bored as there are no Conclusive H-scenes. Although there are choices but one leads to doom so you are forced to choose another(No Choice). There is no music and no replay gallery no animation. It has potential but needs a little H-scene.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

taquitp

I didnt like when the male corrupt a family member but in this case i liked it, i hope the mother increase her submisive behavior xd.
    i feel a bit sad for the orange haired girl, she tried to help them but she is being blackmailed ;-;
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Devilsraging

I love this game, milf/incest/corruption are my favorite tags! I like the pacing of it, the right amount of tease and progression, props to the delivery of story. The choices however, is a bit linear/none. I sometimes find my choices not matter. Still it doesn't take away from the game since it's meant to be a story driven game. You play as the bad guy and your goal is to corrupt all the milfs in your area. There are flaws, like characters are a bit dumb and the blackmails are questionable. One major noticeable flaw is that the milfs doesn't look like milfs. Very fun and simple game to play if you like corruption/trainer game, I recommend it.

Art - 3/5
    Characters - 2/5
    Story - 4/5
    Progression - 5/5
    Content - 4/5
    Enjoyment - 5/5
    Overall: 3.8/5
  7. 5.00 star(s)

ItsDestroy

Great game! The art is my favorite part. The game has no annoying mechanics which require me to waste time looking around for the next event. I hope the creator stays away from it as it only serves to consume development time and create a headache for everyone. There is the illusion of choice in this game but it doesn't bother me. I think it's kind of funny to choose the ridiculous answer to see how they react before choosing the correct answer.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Thedaino

playing this game makes me want to hurt the main character, constantly.

half the choices are just bad jokes of how a puberty driven kid would think (and surely not say it out loud), non-choices where you're put back to the choice screen.

the blackmail content is unavoidable, the plot is completely linear with no choice whatsoever, the story makes very little sense and the characters are uninteresting.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Diconica

Updated 3/29 2021
    I took a chance to see if it improved.
    The answer to that is no it actually got worse.
    The author has a very limited set of tools in moving the plot forward. Those include blackmail, guilt, and threats. It is what you would expect out of a child in elementary school which makes some sense given the plot his filled with massive holes that a 5th grader can spot. (That's going by a Texas curriculum which happens to fall 43rd in the US when it comes to reading and writing) So that's a pretty low bar to reach.

The author takes it upon himself to claim one of the characters is an FBI agent and shows he has ZERO grasp of how law works especially law in this country. The protagonist invites said agent into his home and proceeds to show her evidence he has. Then the author makes the idiotic assumption he can withhold that information at that point. WRONG. He has already lost every right at that point to prevent her from taking it and arresting him in the process. The second he showed her the information, that gave her visual confirmation that he was with holding evidence. That is all the probable cause needed for her to legally arrest his stupid ass and take the disk. Not just that once she attains that and verifies it at the office and logs it into evidence it counts as enough for a warrant to search every thing on his property that includes taking his computers for a forensic evaluation.

As of this point the rating is reduced to a 1 star it doesn't deserve that even ZERO would be more appropriate because the writing detracts any value the images created.

This game would gain points if it was made into a slide show with no text.

Old review Dec 3/2020
    The art is what it is for 3DCG rendered art. It appears to be taken from an Illusion product. So it isn't bad but isn't great and not something this developer should really get credit for.

The game has a lot of potential but right now it has a lot of flaws.
    I end playing it at the point his mom was giving him a BJ in his dad's office and he goes into his petulant childish act. He does that way to often.

This is a prime example of a weak character resorting to blackmail and guilt trips and the author not having the ability to actually pull off that level of writing. I've revised this rating multiple times now. At this point I'm done. Maybe I will look at it again in 6 months or a year.

I don't know how the hell this game has such a high rating. Did we even play the same game?

The plot concept isn't bad, male seeks to take advantage of multiple women and help pay bills doing so ... It also isn't great.

The execution of the plot (story) is dismal. I'd normally gave this game a single star but part of the issue that makes this so bad is the fact this is a second language from all appearances for the developer. But it's written at a level that just make it above MTL. So I can't help feeling that is in part why this so bad. Maybe, if they had a better grasp of the English language it would improve. I still know what they are saying but there is I think an issue between the difference in the developers culture and western culture that is being shown in the dialog. I'll explain that later.

The story is full of plot holes simple ones to very massive ones.
    One of the bigger one's can be seen in the blackmail of Emma. The reason the blackmail would work is if Emma is protective and proud of her son. However, take that away and then it wouldn't. The blackmail itself would destroy the fact she is proud of him and the only thing left would be her trying to protect her child. That doesn't even go into the fact she could make a false agreement with him then seek to destroy him.

The blackmail would 1000 times better if the Main Character didn't present it in such as shit way to her. Example: "Your son isn't always the greatest person as you can see by this. However, I like you I don't care about the age difference. I think we could find a solution that is mutually beneficial." The point being if she isn't hating your guts and planning ways to get out from under you and can find a reason she likes the idea it's a hell of a lot easier.

Then there is the entire way he handles his mom and what he is asking. We know the economy isn't shit and that jobs exist. The idea his mom wouldn't question him as to why he hasn't gotten a job is to far of a stretch. It would be vastly more believable if he had a job and that was the economy was shit and this was an actual only option but the story has proven that isn't the case. So that makes for the biggest inconsistency in the game one massive stinking plot hole from hell.

Why his aunt didn't just snatch his phone and kick his ass is another plot hole. Again the way the information is leveraged is purely shit. She's already vulnerable not feeling loved by her husband. Tell you'll trade the images for some of her posing for you. They will never be seen by anyone else. You've always liked her... Your compassionate to her issues. That she can't trust a stranger that it will never get out but with you you both have reason to keep quite and to help one another... It's called using a carrot and stick. It doesn't require making big threats. Worry goes away faster and she becomes more compliant seeing this as a boon rather than a negative.

The way he currently does stuff with his aunt it is far more likely she chooses a divorce and tells him to shove the pictures up his ass. If he were to publish them she could then use that as proof he was peeping and have him arrested.

It's supposedly 2 years later it says and you find out your mom hasn't worked in a month. So what the hell have you done over the last 2 years beside mooch off your mom. Apparently you aren't in college, you don't have a job and you haven't noticed some how your mom hasn't gone to work in a month. (What does this developer think models work once a month)

Then there is crap in the dialog such as high heels being "Slutty". That tends to point to the developers on ethnic background. The part about the county bailiff and rent tells me he is likely living now in the UK. One should avoid showing their cultural biases and other issues unless they are relevant to the story unless the story is based around that culture. This would make more sense mentioning this if the family was middle eastern and migrated to the UK and that was part of the story. Even in the UK the bailiffs don't get involved so early on at least not when I lived there and not from what I just read about current UK legal aspects regarding late rent and so on. The land lord would be the first person to point out your rent is late. Well unless he has had serious issues with you in the past resulting in violence or he felt threatened.

One of the reasons the translation seems to be so bad has to do with the author either not being able to decide which sentence he wants to use or trying to combine sentences of the similar types.

"Dad never let me the chance to do so." This looks like he tried to combine "Dad never let me" and "Dad never gave me the chance to do so". That's the first of many sentences like that.

Then you have the lack of understanding of how or what an adjective is. As shown in this sentence. "Yeah.. I slept straight after going to bed." He probably was trying to rephrase "Yeah, I fell straight a sleep after going to bed." even MTL will get this right. So it's stuff like this that annoyed the crap out of me. But to make sure I didn't allow this to sway my opinion overly I gave him back a star. The worse then it could be is I over rated this game 1 star.

The good part about this game it still has plenty of potential and all the issues can be fixed for the most part with some dialog changes that includes the most of plot holes. It won't fix issues like her coming into grab his laundry and then leaving the laundry on the floor. That's actually rather minor in comparison to most the story issues.

There is nothing that really gets you invested in the characters. There is nothing special about the MC he's just a prick. He's not smart he isn't hard working, he isn't the good guy, he's not even a good villain. You can't say he is an anti hero or anything. He's just a prick a bug that someone needs to squash and most likely will or would already done so had this been real life.

No woman in is going to believe it's face cream waking up next to someone with their pants off who isn't supposed to be there.

The character relies to heavily on blackmail that is poorly thought out and used.

Then there are all the pointless options that are in the story that will never work. I guess the only reason they are there is the authors idea of humor.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

smoe

Sometimes you just want action. You don't want an hour of setup and emotional development, you don't want 20 updates to kiss the girl just to find out the next update that you signed up for cuckold you didn't want, you just want to start up a game, put your brain on hold, and get banging. That's when you play this game.

Everything in this game is geared towards self gratification. You play a horny sociopath set on banging anything with big tits including his mom. And we're not talking about the well-endowed grocer at your local supermarket, we're talking about what-the-hell-max-out-the-tit-value-on-the-Illusion-game-I-don't-give-a-shit tits. Everyone in the game is dumb as rocks, but that doesn't matter because you're about to successfully blackmail, con, and force your uninhibited desires on these doped up barbie dolls.

So just let go, enjoy the tits and play the asshole. It's good stress relief.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

danolo23

Not bad.

Pros:
    • Renders, not perfect but great clothing and fetish focused
    • MC is honest on being an asshole at least, which is a bit uncommon
    • I like that after selecting an obviously bad choice, the dev gets you to the previous selection automatically. I hate bad endings and loading, etc
    Cons:
    • Characters are dumb, with unrealistic reactions
    • Incest is irrelevant, I mean, they say mother, son and aunt, but there's no trying on showing a believable relationship of any kind
    • Transitions are annoying, I disabled them
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Vulgi

I´ll write this review while playing the game "in auto mode on the second screen" coz it´s rly rly slow pathing ..

Pro

- Models are rly good
    - As far as my knowledge goes this is the first game for the dev .. and for a first atempt it´s rly not bad

Negative

- The story is average at best
    - No animations
    - You need at least a day vacation to see the first interesting scene

Conclusion
    It´s rly not a bad game ... but if you look for a fast fap this game isn´t for you

Sry for my bad english ;)
  13. 4.00 star(s)

KingsRaiden

This is nicely done corruption game, while it won't make you sympathetic to the main character, it delivers! The story has the right amount of pacing, a little fast in some areas for when the women give in to the blackmail, but the scenes , atmosphere ,and eroticism is well done. When its more fleshed out it should deliver an awesome game if it continues on this path.

With the characters its interesting they all have their flaws the main character can exploit, but you need that to get the story. The "friend" doesn't come across as one, and the way the MC lets his friend get on his bad side so easily for desiring the mom, while MC is looking to make cumsleeves for all the women is something that is hard to cover in these games. Not sure if there is a good balance for that honestly, so its a take it or leave it. Also his buddy seems to be pretty clueless while the MC is in his friends house for a scene.

Still, its definitely fun and will be looking forward to more.

Pros:
    • Story! An actual story and goal
    • Hot chicks, plenty of huge boobs to keep the boob fetishist interested
    • Various scenarios and positions
    • Build up! Delving right into the plunging is disappointing, its nice how the character/situations takes time
    Cons:
    • Main character may not be to everyone's liking
    • Huge Boobs! (but if you like them see Pros)
    • The "friend" doesn't come across as one (See Con #1)
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Huldrafolk

One of the best games tested on this site, really. Finally our hero is a real bastard, who takes advantage when he can. I am a lover of incest and corruption, so I sail in safe waters here, but the way the game progresses dwarfs many others of the same genre.
    Finally a "normal" mother, that is a mother who does not get aroused looking at her son's cock in the shot (usual cliché) and who does not fall in love after two caresses of her son, the usual unnatural things that all incest games fall into (yes milfy city, you too). Here the mother is subjugated, which makes the incest taboo not only plausible, but very exciting.
    Few cons do not allow me to give full marks: I do not like honey select models at all, even if the work done here is formidable. But since we're talking about HS, where are the animations?
    Second, clothing fetishism is simply destroyed too quickly. It's okay to have aunts and friends fucked and sucked, but for the mother I would have preferred a more tortuous, long path to inebriate the climax. More groping, voyeurism, more "tricks" to make her do this or that and, above all, absolutely not naked after only two sessions. This hurt me. There should have been babydolls, lingerie, stockings, dresses, various upskirts. Immediately naked too quickly and immediately at 90 without even tricks is a bit meh.
    My two cents.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

G33N

Every game has it's charm... and this one is no exception.

+ Models are really good for my taste
    + Story is slow yet rewarding and its somewhat believable (compared to other games)
    + Everyone hates the main character yet they obey him ( it happens a lott in real life, more than it should)
    + Constant updates and big ones (compared to most games)
    + Really interesting turns and slides in the story from time to time

It's very underrated and unappreciated game, I hope it will soon receive the attention and love it deserves +++++
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Every1sGrudge

[Rev @ v0.8]

Could see this being improved, but I found it lacking in this version.

Art's alright. I like boobs, but fucking around with scale sliders has its limits.

Writing is rough. Scenario's rote, fluency has ups and downs and narrative is disjointed. I strongly dislike the POV MC; in a house surrounded by huge boobs he tunnelvisions on anal. He constantly acts like he's a mid-teen's idea of dominating, and the player can't make him behave like either a useful human being or a tolerable type of pervert even if one tries.

Porn content is a mixed bag of fair content and less-so content. I felt the tone veered too far away for the corruption I downloaded it for and too into some unlikable tard getting his rocks off for his own sake alone.

As mentioned in the writing bit, the characterization could be tweaked both in the writing voice and reworking the Hobson dilemma (1 obvious, 1 dumb) choices presented.

TLDR: Renpy Skip Dialog button banzai.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Arqoi

Good stuff. I much prefer a MC that's honest with himself, even if it makes him out to be an ass. It's called corruption for a reason, it's supposed to be immoral, unpleasant, depraved, yada, yada.

All that's left to see is if he can live up to his own hype. Can't be too satisfied with just a handy when he's promised himself he's going to go balls-deep in his mother's fat ass, right? Among other things.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

lvlup

Solid game. Decent renders but not a fan of the oversized boobs on all models. This game is mainly a blackmail power fantasy, does it quite well but falls short on execution. I wish there was more depth and variety to the blackmailing aspect. Mom character was being set up for money desperation but instead it went towards naive corruption and manipulation - it's well done but could be much better. The other characters are blackmailed with 'fear of reveal' and that is very well executed. There are small annoyances in the written English, especially spaces before question marks irked me.

If you are into the blackmail/domination genre then it is well worth your time.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

fugazi666

this is the the best corruption game i've played in a long while. the MC is a proper pervert, on top of being an evil bastard like all corruption game MC's should be, and the interactions are both funny and sexy. mother is hot as fuck and the main theme of restoring her modelling career will sure be leading to good places. i even like the background images in this game (house interiors). there is no sound though but the dev may add it later on. this is already a great game with apparently quite some content to it already.

edit: fuck, the emma scene is beyond sexy. this game is firing on all cylinders.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Furistic

It is the game I have wished. very probable story, hot appearance, sexy characteristics, etc.. just pick out a little dissatisfied lack of actual sex, especially with his sexiest mother. I am looking forward to your work. keep going dude. I will always root for you:)