Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Even after Fix#1 & Fix#2 there are still many many missing images and coding fuck ups for images. I've been fixing these one by one for the pending mod update but writing this for you unmodded folks.

Some you'll find in certain SlutButtons/AngleButtons. An example:
View attachment 3054723
If you click the above SlutButton you will get an exception error. When you do simply click the bottom-left "Rollback" then progress through the VN without clicking that particular SlutButton.

In the mod I've moved it to where it is supposed to be which is here:
View attachment 3054727

Just know it's a thing... this "Final" release of the VN is still all fucked up. Inceton really dropped the ball on this one tbh. He either needs to replace all of his testers or if he has none, actually play every single part of his game before release. This means test every path, every choice, every "button", every LustTime, everything. I expect a release like this from a rookie developer but not one that's been around for yrs. This release feels more like a rush to get published on Steam to start raking in some extra coin while "winging" it. It's just a bad look tbh.

end rant...I'm back to it... more to fix :/
I just can't fix all of this. The music in Ep10 is going to have to stay... but it's really fucking weird breaking bad news to LI's while upbeat dance music is in the background due to the dev using a random code to generate the BGM playlist.... lazy move, the music should be hand selected to fit the moment for immersion and dramatic effect...imho.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

There's only four endings (4).
  • Solo (easy to get...just fuck up or go for a side LI (I'm looking at you Cindy)
  • Mia (easy, just be a couple,)
  • Sadie (easy, just be a couple... and don't fuck Isla in Ep10 if Cindy(Couple), one or the other is fine along with any other side LI with one exception: If you fuck Isla in Ep10 do NOT fuck Sadie.)
  • SadieReunion (see below)
Basic recipe for SadieReunion:
  • Can't be a couple with Mia (obviously, otherwise you'd get the Mia ending)
  • Can't be a couple with Sadie (obvoiusly, otherwise you'd get the Sadie ending)
  • At the beach, when Sadie asks "Were you ever happy with me?" you MUST choose "Confirm"
That's it. That's how you bake that cake.

If you want more detail, then use the pending mod update... have some more patience.
Edited the replied to post to clarify what sides/side combos one can endeavor and still achieve Ending(Sadie).

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I'm not sure what your trying to do.

Delete everything but the unextracted archive. Then re-extract. Do not add anything.

The newest compressed version is fully patched and is 1 to 1 from Steam.

I'm not sure why your the only one saying the game won't start.
When I redownloaded the game, I downloaded the full, original version. I did nothing but extract it into an empty folder. Then I moved my saves back into the newly extracted folder. That is all I did to that one. When that didn't work, I deleted everything except my saves. I moved my saves outside the empty folder, as I normally do, with every other game. I downloaded a compressed version. I extracted it into an empty folder. I moved my saves back into the empty folder.
It did not open...neither time.
Maybe my saves are fucked. If that is the case, I may come back at a later time and start over from the beginning, but at the moment, I am dumbfounded, frustrated, and done trying with this game.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
When I redownloaded the game, I downloaded the full, original version. I did nothing but extract it into an empty folder. Then I moved my saves back into the newly extracted folder. That is all I did to that one. When that didn't work, I deleted everything except my saves. I moved my saves outside the empty folder, as I normally do, with every other game. I downloaded a compressed version. I extracted it into an empty folder. I moved my saves back into the empty folder.
It did not open...neither time.
Maybe my saves are fucked. If that is the case, I may come back at a later time and start over from the beginning, but at the moment, I am dumbfounded, frustrated, and done trying with this game.
Try actually starting the game with nothing at all like I said and see if it starts, that includes no saves.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Try actually starting the game with nothing at all like I said and see if it starts, that includes no saves.
I've already deleted all the files. (kept my saves). I can't download another 16 gb for a while. I don't currently have access to unlimited data, and after attempting several times, I've burned enough. Don't really care anymore. Thanks for the persistence in attempting to help, though.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Even after Fix#1 & Fix#2 there are still many many missing images and coding fuck ups for images. I've been fixing these one by one for the pending mod update but writing this for you unmodded folks.

Some you'll find in certain SlutButtons/AngleButtons. An example:
View attachment 3054723
If you click the above SlutButton you will get an exception error. When you do simply click the bottom-left "Rollback" then progress through the VN without clicking that particular SlutButton.

In the mod I've moved it to where it is supposed to be which is here:
View attachment 3054727

Just know it's a thing... this "Final" release of the VN is still all fucked up. Inceton really dropped the ball on this one tbh. He either needs to replace all of his testers or if he has none, actually play every single part of his game before release. This means test every path, every choice, every "button", every LustTime, everything. I expect a release like this from a rookie developer but not one that's been around for yrs. This release feels more like a rush to get published on Steam to start raking in some extra coin while "winging" it. It's just a bad look tbh.

... and the hits just keep on coming. We need a third "Fix" for you folks who run unmodded for still dozens of broken blinks/slut/static images. I keep fixing them (via replacement or bypass) and keep on finding them...
1698970880333.png

Reactions: FookU2

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
Nope, and thanks for the 1 star review because of it...
After investing a significant amount of time playing this game and experiencing a substantial build-up for Grace, it's only fair. Developers should clearly define who the main and side characters are. I'm not sure why there's such secrecy; good games typically let you know from the start to filter out players who aren't the target audience.

• Angry
Reactions: Conviction07

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
After investing a significant amount of time playing this game and experiencing a substantial build-up for Grace, it's only fair. Developers should clearly define who the main and side characters are. I'm not sure why there's such secrecy; good games typically let you know from the start to filter out players who aren't the target audience.
Mia is in the title. Mia is OBVIOUSLY the main character. The MC is a male, whose name (I believe) you can change. YOU are OBVIOUSLY the protagonist. The 2 main characters are OBVIOUSLY Mia and the unnamed MC. This would make literally every other character a side character. Maybe that isn't as obvious in other games, but clearly it's the case here.

I get it, and I agree, that it sucks when the dev builds up a particular character, and I start to like that character, then the dev just moves away from that character, with no real reason that goes along with the story, and in many other cases other than this one, they leave it open ended, or just rush the ending just so they can be done with it. That does suck. But...The true ending, I would suspect, is going to be MC with Mia.

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
So, transferring saves over doesn't work. It just gives me the error screen. I'm assuming that's because I used the Sancho Mod in the previous version and my best bet is to just wait for the updated mod version?

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
Mia is in the title. Mia is OBVIOUSLY the main character. The MC is a male, whose name (I believe) you can change. YOU are OBVIOUSLY the protagonist. The 2 main characters are OBVIOUSLY Mia and the unnamed MC. This would make literally every other character a side character. Maybe that isn't as obvious in other games, but clearly it's the case here.

I get it, and I agree, that it sucks when the dev builds up a particular character, and I start to like that character, then the dev just moves away from that character, with no real reason that goes along with the story, and in many other cases other than this one, they leave it open ended, or just rush the ending just so they can be done with it. That does suck. But...The true ending, I would suspect, is going to be MC with Mia.
I would agree with you if Sadie was also a side character and did not have a proper ending. The developer just needs to be upfront about this information. I honestly thought the name was kept for continuity purposes since the scope was broader, and you were not necessarily forced to be with Mia all the time.

Maybe even include something that says, 'This is the struggle between being with your current girlfriend or going back to Mia. What will you choose in the end?' Just make it clear that no one else matters in the story except for the lewd content.

It's not hard; just state that these are the main characters, and the others are the side characters. I would have let it go if it was clear that Grace or Laura were not meant to have a proper closure. I wouldn't even have bothered to leave a review, as I wouldn't have finished it.

Barretto24

Feb 15, 2021
Would have thought it was obvious. There are only three main characters. Mia and Sadie and the MC. Grace, Cindy, Vivian, Isla, Emma, Gieselle and any other girl are all side characters. Hence the reason why they don't have an ending. Would be nice to have endings for them all, Especially Grace, Vivian and Gieselle but Alas Maybe if you pester Inceton enough

Reactions: thebowkid

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
Would have thought it was obvious. There are only three main characters. Mia and Sadie and the MC. Grace, Cindy, Vivian, Isla, Emma, Gieselle and any other girl are all side characters. Hence the reason why they don't have an ending. Would be nice to have endings for them all, Especially Grace, Vivian and Gieselle but Alas Maybe if you pester Inceton enough
Sure, most girls have the feeling of being side characters for the sake of having more characters for the MC to interact with. But, let's be honest, at least in the case of Grace, she certainly had a lot of screen time to be treated like any of the other girls. I won't deny that Laura appeared too late and had almost no relevance to the plot, but at least Grace could be considered a main character based on her role in the story.

Barretto24

Feb 15, 2021
Sure, most girls have the feeling of being side characters for the sake of having more characters for the MC to interact with. But, let's be honest, at least in the case of Grace, she certainly had a lot of screen time to be treated like any of the other girls. I won't deny that Laura appeared too late and had almost no relevance to the plot, but at least Grace could be considered a main character based on her role in the story.
No I agree, Especially with gallery options with her and ones with Vivian that aren't in the game at all. But Inceston obviously had a vision. It worked out great personally.

ApostolXross

Feb 23, 2018
Because of this “combined” Mac/Win release I feel that some help is needed for anyone on the Mac. This release should be called “Ikea release - some assembly required”.
If there is a simpler way - please let me know, I tend to over-complicate things :D
So, in order to make the game work on Mac you need to do this:
1. Extract the ZIP file
2. Right-click “ReturningToMia” app -> Show package contents
3. Navigate to Contents->Resources and create a folder there named “autorun”
4. Drag and drop into “autorun” folder both “game” and “renpy” folders and “ReturningToMia.py” with “ReturningToMia.sh” files from the extracted ZIP.
5. Open Terminal (Launchpad->Other -> Terminal)
6. Type “chmod -R a+x” without quotes and drag the “ReturningToMia” app from finder to the terminal window. It will add the full path to the application, so you don’t need to type it manually. Press Enter. Command will be executed without any additional info. You can close the Terminal now.
7. Double click the “ReturningToMia” App. Mac will do the check and show you an “Unidentified Developer” warning. Press “Cancel”
8. Right click on “ReturningToMia” App ->Open -> Open.
9. Congratulations - you now can finally play :)

• Love
Reactions: hummingbird213

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
No, lol, this has been called Returning to Mia 2 since it came out, 5 years ago...welcome to the game?

Saves work fine, just copy them over.., it's because save directories got changed, nothing more, if you are a legit Steam user it does automatically..................so no it doesn't break saves, unless you used a mod, then use a savefixer...
So there is Mia 2 AND returning to mia ? so 3 games?

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
SanchoNote

Even after Fix#1 & Fix#2 there are still many many missing images and coding fuck ups for images.
[...]
I've noticed this is the norm for Inceton and for many many crowdfunded devs as well: no thorough test before release. Just publish the candidate release and use feedback from forums like this as test results.

This policy could be understood in terms of: piracy erodes our profits, at least use that to cut our expenses.

The problem is that this policy incentive piracy. I mean: I totally agree that a software worth using is worth paying, BUT... If I had to be a patreon for this game (and many others) I should have been paying something like 15$ monthly for how may years? 3? 5?

Does this game have a value for the final user? Surely it does!

Is this value A THOUSAND DOLLARS? Hell, NO!

Reactions: MythMackay

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
If I had to be a patreon for this game (and many others) I should have been paying something like 15$ monthly for how may years? 3? 5?

Does this game have a value for the final user? Surely it does!

Is this value A THOUSAND DOLLARS? Hell, NO!
What I've been saying since the beginning. The patron platform is flawed in so many ways, but this is the biggest among them. The creation of an expectation that any user other than someone with unlimited disposable income can offer to multiple developers 5+ dollars per month every month for years is ludicrous. The most intense high quality commercially created games I've ever played never cost me more than $70. That was for a high quality in depth complicated game completed start to finish, and mine forever. If anyone is thinking that these games are worth more strictly because they offer adult content they're nuts. If they come up with an unbreakable paywall that puts players in the position that you can't play if you don't pay, the vast majority of people will not be forced to cough up the cash, they'll be forced to quit playing them altogether. Period.

3.80 star(s) 75 Votes