Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Do you have any plans on porting and modding a android version
Good morning. See the post literally right above yours.

It should already be joiplay compatible. If mobile is detected you'll see "SanchoMod Mobile Installed" at the bottom-right of the main menus. The MiniMenu will be larger text and spaced further, the SanchoOptions and SanchoCheats spaced wider, etc for "fat fingers".

my5tyfixx

Dec 20, 2017
outstanding!! just a few hours ago i´ve read your updating the mod and its allready done by now...sick!!

u r the man of the hour sir!! no doubt!! txxx a lot bru :D(y)

mesmer11

Nov 27, 2018
Thanks for all your hard work, Sancho, for all the games you mod. However, after installing this mod as per instructions, I was getting error messages in Renpy. I was going to attach the text file with the error here, but then I figured out that the fault was with me, because I changed the name of the original scr.rpa file in the Game folder to scr.rpa_BAK (to back it up in case I needed to revert to it). I guess renpy doesn't care if you change the name of the extension like that, and that and your mod's version of the scr.rpa file being in the Game directory at the same time were causing the issues.

If anyone else did the same silly mistake as me, the solution is to remove the original scr.rpa file (or the renamed file, if you renamed like I did) completely, making sure that only Sancho's scr.rpa file is in the Game folder.

The gallery and game work flawlessly now. Thanks again, Sancho!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for all your hard work, Sancho, for all the games you mod. However, after installing this mod as per instructions, I was getting error messages in Renpy. I was going to attach the text file with the error here, but then I figured out that the fault was with me, because I changed the name of the original scr.rpa file in the Game folder to scr.rpa_BAK (to back it up in case I needed to revert to it). I guess renpy doesn't care if you change the name of the extension like that, and that and your mod's version of the scr.rpa file being in the Game directory at the same time were causing the issues.

If anyone else did the same silly mistake as me, the solution is to remove the original scr.rpa file (or the renamed file, if you renamed like I did) completely, making sure that only Sancho's scr.rpa file is in the Game folder.

The gallery and game work flawlessly now. Thanks again, Sancho!
Well, you can rename the original anything you want EXCEPT the suffix can NOT be .rpa

If you rename to for example " scr.rpa.backup " then it'll work fine... renpy is looking for specific suffixes only.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I don't know if I did something wrong, but I don't have the "Sancho Gallery" where you can replay the scenes. I put the "SanchoMod" folder and the SanchoMod.rpa, scr.rpa files in the game folder "game" An idea of the problem?

screenshot0001.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if I did something wrong, but I don't have the "Sancho Gallery" where you can replay the scenes. I put the "SanchoMod" folder and the SanchoMod.rpa, scr.rpa files in the game folder "game" An idea of the problem?
When not in-game:
1656967198049.png
If you click on "SanchoMod" menu item while in-game it presents a large stat screen as described at the bottom of the above screen example. While not in-game you get the SanchoMod info screen with a nice big "SanchoGallery" button. Regards.

Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
When not in-game:
View attachment 1907669
If you click on "SanchoMod" menu item while in-game it presents a large stat screen as described at the bottom of the above screen example. While not in-game you get the SanchoMod info screen with a nice big "SanchoGallery" button. Regards.
Oh Sh*t. I turn as big dumbass sometimes in the end of the day. Sorry to waste your time

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh Sh*t. I turn as big dumbass sometimes in the end of the day. Sorry to waste your time
Not a waste, I get it. Quite some time ago I used to put the gallery in the menu choices but have since elected this method to keep the menu system "cleaner", more tidy for aesthetic purposes. I reckon one day I'll make a proper transitioning graphic button for it so it's animated and catches the eye without going overboard. Regards and enjoy.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Not a waste, I get it. Quite some time ago I used to put the gallery in the menu choices but have since elected this method to keep the menu system "cleaner", more tidy for aesthetic purposes. I reckon one day I'll make a proper transitioning graphic button for it so it's animated and catches the eye without going overboard. Regards and enjoy.
Always the best! You spoil us too much and we will become big lazy :)

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

troffim

Feb 22, 2020
Hello Sancho1969 . I wanted to translate your mod into Russian. After decompiling the mod files - message: NOT installed correctly screenshot0001.png , and the game closes. On the mod version [Ep.6] everything worked well. Could you please help? Sorry for my English, I'm from Ukraine. Thank you.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho1969 . I wanted to translate your mod into Russian. After decompiling the mod files - message: NOT installed correctly View attachment 1930375 , and the game closes. On the mod version [Ep.6] everything worked well. Could you please help? Sorry for my English, I'm from Ukraine. Thank you.
Good morning,

Think about it bud, if you pull an engine out of a new car, tear it apart to tinker with it, then you must put the engine back into the car for it to run. You've taken the engine out, torn it apart, but haven't put it back into the car yet.

SanchoTranslate:
Доброго ранку,

Подумай про це, друже, якщо ти виймаєш двигун з нової машини, розбираєш його на частини, щоб повозитися з ним, тоді ти повинен повернути двигун назад у машину, щоб він запрацював. Ви вийняли двигун, розірвали його на частини, але ще не поставили назад в машину.
-------------------------
Dobroho ranku,

Podumay pro tse, druzhe, yakshcho ty vyymayesh dvyhun z novoyi mashyny, rozbyrayesh yoho na chastyny, shchob povozytysya z nym, todi ty povynen povernuty dvyhun nazad u mashynu, shchob vin zapratsyuvav. Vy vyynyaly dvyhun, rozirvaly yoho na chastyny, ale shche ne postavyly nazad v mashynu.

troffim

Feb 22, 2020
Sancho1969, maybe I explained it wrong. I have done all the steps as in the mod version [Ep.6]. Version [Ep.6] - works well, screenshot0001.png version [Ep.7] - does not work. My steps: Copying mod files to the folder "game", Extract RPA packages,
Decompile rpyc files. I used WinUnRen7.4.1. Perhaps you meant that after the translation you need to pack all the mod files into SanchoMod.rpa and scr.rpa? Sorry, but I don't have enough knowledge for this...(
If you think that I use your mod for commercial purposes - it's not. All your details and links remain unchanged in the files. I would be very grateful if you could give me files for translation, not packed in .rpa and .rpyc ). I really hope for your help...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969, maybe I explained it wrong. I have done all the steps ...
No, you haven't.
Perhaps you meant that after the translation you need to pack all the ... files?
Basically yes, that's "putting the engine back inside the car". Don't decompile the mod. All that's required is to translate the scr scripts and then repackage them. This 3-step process will result in a proper translation that works.

troffim

Feb 22, 2020
Don't decompile the mod.
But then I won't be able to translate the mod, I need .rpy files for that. I use Translator++ for translation. And I tried without decompilation, only "Extract RPA packages" and then transfer the translation to the .rpy files of the game. But again it gives me an error: NOT installed correctly...
and then repackage them.
Sorry, but I don't know how to do it. It is a pity that the [Ep.7] version of the mod does not work like the version [Ep.6].
Can't do without repackaging to .rpa ? After all, in version [Ep.6] everything worked without repacking into .rpa? What do I need for the mod version to work properly[Ep.7]? I really need your help...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
But then I won't be able to translate the mod, I need .rpy files for that. I use Translator++ for translation. And I tried without decompilation, only "Extract RPA packages" and then transfer the translation to the .rpy files of the game. But again it gives me an error: NOT installed correctly...

Sorry, but I don't know how to do it. It is a pity that the [Ep.7] version of the mod does not work like the version [Ep.6].
Can't do without repackaging to .rpa ? After all, in version [Ep.6] everything worked without repacking into .rpa? What do I need for the mod version to work properly[Ep.7]? I really need your help...
The problem is that you aren't doing the last step required: Putting everything back you took apart (recompile and packaging as compliant distribution files).

The SanchoMod product will only get more complicated over the course of time. SanchoMod has always been progressive as it's the whole point of the mod to begin with... to push limits. With that said I won't personally translate the mod itself without the collaboration of a professional whom I know and trust, but that doesn't mean the VN's dialogue can't be translated correctly for use with the mod in it's current state. Since the process of packaging a finished product for distribution appears to be a bit over your head, message me (the white envelope icon in the upper-right of this website next to the alert bell icon) the translated dialogue scripts or better yet the transcription code file you are wanting to package and I'll package it all up for you... as a proof of concept. I prefer to work with transcription replacement code rather than brute dialogue rewrites. Rewrites are amateur at best, dialogue replacement is both proper and professional.

Please understand that I'm not being an asshole but you must also understand that I'm not going to just layout instructions for folks to be able to disassemble and reassemble my personal work since there is no way for me to insure integrity of the product as I intend it to be distributed. This is the same as Ford or General Motors aren't going to allow you to go bonkers inside their paint booths of their production line just because you want a new color... they have to insure a baseline of product integrity and dependability while also protecting their vested assets that have their trademarked company name on. I'm not saying you'd fuck shit up but it's certainly possible considering you don't know how to rebuild something you took apart, so I genuinely think I'm being fair... and willing to throw you a bone and help.

Summary: Message me your transcription code file(s) and I'll do the work for you so you can test. If for whatever reason that doesn't appeal to you then do what you want to the base game without the mod. It's your call.

Edit: I'll also make a post in the translation thread to recruit/interview potential collaborators for proper product translation of the modded work. This was never a part of my gameplan so I feel I'm putting myself at undo risk but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: aje68
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes