Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yea can confirm Sadie path is fixed now on steam version at least. Now patiently waiting for your mod before i start the entire playthrough again of season 2 but this time im going to try bang everyone route and see how it all unfolds
Thank you for confirming.. that's one thing off my plate and my personal playthrough route... I'm now optimistic again.

Jerora

Aug 8, 2021
Hello
About your mini menu is too minisize for me old eyes can it be resized and maybe mini stat too, more readable, yes I realise they are supposed to be a mini sized, but say able to size up to double size if possible. my monitor is set to 1920 x 1080 .:coffee:(y)

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Hello
About your mini menu is too minisize for me old eyes can it be resized and maybe mini stat too, more readable, yes I realise they are supposed to be a mini sized, but say able to size up to double size if possible. my monitor is set to 1920 x 1080 .:coffee:(y)
Pretty much all of Sancho's mods have a setting where you can change fontsize, ministat size, and so on...
you'll find the setting under the button located in the lower right corner of the screen..

edit: also note, that current version of the mod, is not for the ep10 release of the game..
Sancho will likely get the mod updated in the next few days.. Just have patience.

Jerora

Aug 8, 2021
Pretty much all of Sancho's mods have a setting where you can change fontsize, ministat size, and so on...
you'll find the setting under the button located in the lower right corner of the screen..
Yes but how to change that lower right hand corner button setting size too small for me old eyes. o_O:unsure:(y)

Baalzie

Aug 18, 2022
Pfft... Sancho can't even do mods for chapters before they're released? Bah! Humbug!
I guess I'm just gonna have to sit around and wait patiently until he's done. ;)
Must be a pain with multiple games updating more or less the same time...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yes but how to change that lower right hand corner button setting size too small for me old eyes. o_O:unsure:(y)
I understand what your question/concern is. In the latest Core when you change the text size of the MiniStat the MiniMenu (bottom-right) changes as well. I introduced this feature a few months ago across all latest updates but it's most likely that Ep9 of this VN doesn't have it yet. It'll be in the pending mod update if not bud....I've got your back (I'm having to start to wear reading glasses myself at times).

Pfft... Sancho can't even do mods for chapters before they're released? Bah! Humbug!
I guess I'm just gonna have to sit around and wait patiently until he's done. ;)
Must be a pain with multiple games updating more or less the same time...
I just finished that damn "Summer's Gone" update after three 16+ hr days in a row... that update almost killed me. But it's Mia time now...I'm on it. Thanks for the patience... and yes, it sucks when multiple large VN's drop updates almost all at the same time. It's a lot of work and a lot of pressure to deal with while fans keep pressing F5 :ROFLMAO: :p

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think 10K new music files were added.
Holy shit! You weren't joking. WTF is up with all those files... I've never seen anything like this in any AVN ever....ever.
1698586400127.png
... I analyzed a few of the "LustTime" audio files and almost all of these are duplicated sound files just with different file names.

It's stupid...RenPy has the power to use the same audio file across many scenes with almost zero coding challenge...there's absolutely no reason for all these files to exists. It bogs down the engine, massively increases the size of the retail supply build, and is the most inefficient way to hand sound in a game.

SMH... oh boy...

spas

Jun 22, 2017
Holy shit! You weren't joking. WTF is up with all those files... I've never seen anything like this in any AVN ever....ever.
View attachment 3043319
... I analyzed a few of the "LustTime" audio files and almost all of these are duplicated sound files just with different file names.

It's stupid...RenPy has the power to use the same audio file across many scenes with almost zero coding challenge...there's absolutely no reason for all these files to exists. It bogs down the engine, massively increases the size of the retail supply build, and is the most inefficient way to hand sound in a game.

SMH... oh boy...
The Times stemps did same shity job copy the annimation with little overlays and people waiting for update didnt notice + half of scenes are pic show no animation lazy as f..

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The Times stemps did same shity job copy the annimation with little overlays and people waiting for update didnt notice + half of scenes are pic show no animation lazy as f..
Yeah, this is insane... dozens upon dozens of these music/sound files are the exact same with only filenames changed...it's... unbelievable. If he needed help with the script coding I wish he would have reached out. I could have saved him and end users a ton of grief, time, and made the game run much much more efficient. Oh well, it's water under the bridge now... gotta work with what we got.

I'm cracking this egg open now... I'm certain the "yolk" will not look anything like what I expect it to though...just a hunch.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yay!

I pre-ported the latest mod Core code over, and everything UI related (I'll port the story over next) but I wanted to fire it up and insure it didn't explode....it didn't:
1698601393428.png

I have to revise the MainMenu do to it being recoded, and all the variants of the SlutButton. So, there's still UI work yet to be done but at least the core code is fully operational which means I have all my tools at my disposal. Let's tear this hot rod down and restomod it...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 3043319

SMH... oh boy...
It takes 2:30 for me to reload the VN every time I make coding changes to check due to the wacky amount of files in this thing.

I have a perfectly steroided hamster running on a wheel connected with 8 gauge wire stuck inside a very large Russet potato set in ice water.... how much more power do I need? :ROFLMAO:.

All BS aside I might have to code this outside the VN environment otherwise the time waiting for loads will add up very quickly.

• Wow
Reactions: kevinio87
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes