Mod Ren'Py Returning To Mia (Summer with Mia 2) [Ep. 10 v1.1.0] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It takes 2:30 for me to reload the VN every time I make coding changes to check due to the wacky amount of files in this thing.

I have a perfectly steroided hamster running on a wheel connected with 8 gauge wire stuck inside a very large Russet potato set in ice water.... how much more power do I need? :ROFLMAO:.

All BS aside I might have to code this outside the VN environment otherwise the time waiting for loads will add up very quickly.
Problem solved.

Install the VN on the fasted SSD you have. I feel bad for folks who only have mechanical HD's... this game will take a week to load on them I'm sure.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

cajiaap

Mar 3, 2018
Holy shit! You weren't joking. WTF is up with all those files... I've never seen anything like this in any AVN ever....ever.
View attachment 3043319
... I analyzed a few of the "LustTime" audio files and almost all of these are duplicated sound files just with different file names.

It's stupid...RenPy has the power to use the same audio file across many scenes with almost zero coding challenge...there's absolutely no reason for all these files to exists. It bogs down the engine, massively increases the size of the retail supply build, and is the most inefficient way to hand sound in a game.

SMH... oh boy...
Can you please tell me if this will affect the gameplay? Because some animations are stuttering and in the previous version this did not happen at all. Thanks for the answer in advance

Elefex

Sep 25, 2018
Problem solved.

Install the VN on the fasted SSD you have. I feel bad for folks who only have mechanical HD's... this game will take a week to load on them I'm sure.
Is it really that bad?

It loaded in less than a minute (~40 seconds to be precise) on my 9 year old PC, on a HDD...

Reactions: Nocro32510

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Can you please tell me if this will affect the gameplay? Because some animations are stuttering and in the previous version this did not happen at all. Thanks for the answer in advance
The first cripple is hard drive read speed, the next is memory... in that order. Also, if you have a dedicated GPU insure RenPy is using it and not your integrated (if you have more than one).

Reactions: ted209884

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
> pressed F5
> still Ep.9
Dissapointment.
:ROFLMAO:

I'm working on it bud. I've finally sorted the Main UI (the dev changed it all and it takes time to replace everything where it should be). Examples can be found here and here if desired.

Edit: Ah...fuckit... here so you don't have to click those hotlinks above:

Was (unmodded) (notice how both are imbalanced to the right :/):
1698614458118.png 1698614475340.png

Now:
1698614546293.png 1698614583741.png 1698614595052.png 1698614613471.png

CalicoBROOJ

Oct 6, 2021
The first cripple is hard drive read speed, the next is memory... in that order. Also, if you have a dedicated GPU insure RenPy is using it and not your integrated (if you have more than one).
It might help to check this thread:https://f95zone.to/threads/in-some-games-the-animations-lag.155680/#post-11905037

I don't know how they encoded their video files but Renpy is struggling with 60fps vp9 movies. Might be the issue. I did not try that game yet.

Reactions: cajiaap

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The dev split the main script file into Episodes/Days (which I don't mind, it makes them manageable) so it's taking me a bit of time to pre-port the scripts over as I have to open one big-ass file and compare it to 80 (yes, eighty) small ones. 80 isn't a small number when you combing through each line of code per file.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It might help to check this thread:https://f95zone.to/threads/in-some-games-the-animations-lag.155680/#post-11905037

I don't know how they encoded their video files but Renpy is struggling with 60fps vp9 movies. Might be the issue. I did not try that game yet.
I'm fairly certain these webm's are 30fps... have been from the beginning. The current update suffers greatly from HD read times... it requires a fast HD since there's so many files at this point. I had the VN originally installed in a high-dollar portable SSD this morning and it took two and a half minutes to load. I moved the install to my best SSD that is nuclear fast and without changing anything else it loads in under 15 seconds. I'm finding the processing much faster as well so ... take it for what it's worth.

Edit: correction... it now takes me 22 seconds, not under 15 as stated.

Last edited:

Karabonga

Dec 11, 2018
I don't know about anyone else, but for me, I just want the walkthrough choice guide and the gallery. Does the other features matter to anyone else or is it just me? Like the mini menu or cheats or the many other unnecessary but appreciated features. It's not a sandbox avn where that would be beneficial and I would assume it'll make things go faster.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: EvilGood and JohnJG

CalicoBROOJ

Oct 6, 2021
The current update suffers greatly from HD read times... it requires a fast HD since there's so many files at this point.
Yeah, I just saw your earlier post. For what it's worth, I tried to launch it on my shitty laptop (4GB RAM, i5 2.20 GHz, GeForce 830M). I had a VPN running, and Jdownloader. It launched in 51 seconds. But I tried with the compressed version of the game. Maybe that's the reason it didn't take minutes. :unsure:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, I just saw your earlier post. For what it's worth, I tried to launch it on my shitty laptop (4GB RAM, i5 2.20 GHz, GeForce 830M). I had a VPN running, and Jdownloader. It launched in 51 seconds. But I tried with the compressed version of the game. Maybe that's the reason it didn't take minutes. :unsure:
Maybe. Know that as I have a VN open it's fully decompiled and I have a number of other programs running simultaneously including my IDE... all on three screens so ... there's a lot going on on my end for sure. I'm not gloating, just explaining the possible difference in performance. 2:30mins would have killed my update time sine I have to reload the VN countless times during the update process to check code.

• Red Heart
Reactions: IamBerz

CalicoBROOJ

Oct 6, 2021
Maybe. Know that as I have a VN open it's fully decompiled and I have a number of other programs running simultaneously including my IDE... all on three screens so ... there's a lot going on on my end for sure. I'm not gloating, just explaining the possible difference in performance. 2:30mins would have killed my update time sine I have to reload the VN countless times during the update process to check code.
Aaaah it makes more sense. And no worries I don't see it as gloating ahah. But yeah that's a lot of shit running at the same time. I can see how 2:30 mins to open might quickly become a pain in the butt when modding.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:ROFLMAO:

I'm working on it bud. I've finally sorted the Main UI (the dev changed it all and it takes time to replace everything where it should be). Examples can be found here and here if desired.

Edit: Ah...fuckit... here so you don't have to click those hotlinks above:

Was (unmodded) (notice how both are imbalanced to the right :/):
View attachment 3044398 View attachment 3044401

Now:
View attachment 3044403 View attachment 3044406 View attachment 3044407 View attachment 3044408
You'll notice in the above Preferences there's a new slider in the VN "Voice Volume". This voice narrates the dialogue while in-game and is On by default. The only way to turn it Off is to manipulate the slider...

Fuck that. The slider still fully works but now you have an On/Off button:
1698617584440.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mia update..

Yo bud. Um... the "patch only" you have here has more than just scripts (which aren't archived anymore)... what's up with that? Those loose files are likely going to mess folks up... was that intentional? Are the image files/animations required as well?

Sep 12, 2023
I know he currently has his hands full fixing Summer's Gone (Ocean basically wrecked it with the last update, he must work for Apple or Samsung as his day job) but hopefully this one will be updated to E10 in a week or 2. Dunno what WTF happened but all my saves from E1-9 are gone and not even gonna try to make 500 choices again without a WT (seriously, wtf is the point of a dev even implementing a save option if the literal last update breaks them all so you are forced to start over anyway?).

Reactions: Bmagada
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes