EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
rewind_title_lani2.jpg

Overview:
After a long night correcting the codebase for a new Web 3.0 Meme Sock Generator, you left work before the morning traffic hit. As the sun peaked over the skyline, you meandered your way through the streets, looking at the morning scenery: trees, mailboxes, lesbians making out at the park. That last one held your fancy for a while, and then.... things turned strange.

The Goddess seems like a bitch, straight up. Like, why she gotta be that way? Anyway, long story short, now you're an infant on a never-ending quest. As you grow, you'll encounter good people, bad people, strange people, cat people, elf people, god-type people... and then you'll die. And then you'll start again. But this time it'll be different. You've learned some things, after all. That damn chicken can't boss you around forever.​

Thread Updated: 2024-04-11
Release Date: 2024-03-22
Developer: Sprinting Cucumber -
Censored: No
Version: 0.3.2.4
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Note:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - - -

Extra: Full Save* -
Help Guide*

bg lani_marla_delivery_01b.jpg bg marla_meadow_10.jpg bg guard_house_clue_12.jpg bg chicken_showdown_05.jpg bg lani_marla_plant_06c.jpg bg puppet_desk_upgrade_03.jpg bg lani_marla_sun_47c.jpg bg lani_miri_talk_10.jpg bg lani_sneak2_casual_4.jpg bg lani_bedroom_butt_14e.jpg bg lani_climb06.jpg bg town1_evening.jpg bg lani_train_03.jpg Marla_Yard_000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Just checking -- I've finished the content with Marla, done everything on patrol, and seen all of the nighttime content. I've read three chapters of the magic book, but it doesn't offer any more.. Is there anything else for me to unlock?

Alderon55

Jan 11, 2019
So... this is basically a proof of concept and it's definitely interesting.
To the dev, the start sequence feels kind of unnecessary. I understand you want to establish that our MC has powers, but we can just as easily jump right into whacky fantasy world off the bat without losing much - in my opinion.
Graphics are certainly unique, still slightly unnerved because it feels a bit cartoonish. But I like the building of stats, the fantasy feel, intrigued to see where you take this.

Reactions: nillamello

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
Just checking -- I've finished the content with Marla, done everything on patrol, and seen all of the nighttime content. I've read three chapters of the magic book, but it doesn't offer any more.. Is there anything else for me to unlock?
Let's see: there are daytime events for Marla (chickens, tree climb, clothes convo) and Lani (various training images for Lani, and if you win the spar, one night scene). Two clues are available on patrol (one is locked to having a certain amount of agility), and you can luck into the start of bess's story, but there's not currently any dialogue there. Next release will add the final to clues on patrol and I'll be coding the clothing options that have already been rendered, plus hopefully the full array of night scenes for Bess (completing those once will unblock a future event).
So... this is basically a proof of concept and it's definitely interesting.
To the dev, the start sequence feels kind of unnecessary. I understand you want to establish that our MC has powers, but we can just as easily jump right into whacky fantasy world off the bat without losing much - in my opinion.
Graphics are certainly unique, still slightly unnerved because it feels a bit cartoonish. But I like the building of stats, the fantasy feel, intrigued to see where you take this.
Than you for the critique! I largely agree with you on this. There are various things that I wanted to do with the 'realworld' sequence that have yet to happen (my eyes were too big for my stomach, so to speak). Mostly, though, the girls are actually characters in their own right. I made a full backstory for them, and their full scene is animated and all that fun stuff. Right now, they're there because I didn't want to waste the time spent on them, and the dialogue was already in there... Although as I write this, I can imagine a different start to the story. Like you said, this is still very young, and everything will most certainly change in the future. Even the art has changed drastically from my first few renders. The Disney-ish look is intentional, so that won't be changing, but the style of hair, animals, and the hard structures seems to be moving closer to realism.

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
So if you keep going.... you can beat Lani sparring, which unlocks a nighttime scene with her... Then you get killed by the Chicken of Doom on Day 31, meet up with the cranky goddess again and start over. And over. And... I mean, it is called Rewind, right? ;-)

Unique, for sure! Fun. Not a lot of content yet -- none of the sex is currently interractive -- but still enjoyable. I'll definitely keep an eye out!

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
So if you keep going.... you can beat Lani sparring, which unlocks a nighttime scene with her... Then you get killed by the Chicken of Doom on Day 31, meet up with the cranky goddess again and start over. And over. And... I mean, it is called Rewind, right? ;-)

Unique, for sure! Fun. Not a lot of content yet -- none of the sex is currently interractive -- but still enjoyable. I'll definitely keep an eye out!
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed what I have so far.
The chicken is currently unbeatable, but there will be ways to defeat or avoid him once the first thirty days worth of content is implemented.

Reactions: Antosha

Alderon55

Jan 11, 2019
The Disney-ish look is intentional, so that won't be changing, but the style of hair, animals, and the hard structures seems to be moving closer to realism.
I don't dislike the look of the characters, it's just unusual. As for the backgrounds, great work. Got a little chuckle out of me when you look at the half-done city render and there's a line like, "dev isn't done / lazy" but what is there, looks great. Are you going for a RPG feel in later updates? In other words, a combat system, stat checks, etc.

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
I don't dislike the look of the characters, it's just unusual. As for the backgrounds, great work. Got a little chuckle out of me when you look at the half-done city render and there's a line like, "dev isn't done / lazy" but what is there, looks great. Are you going for a RPG feel in later updates? In other words, a combat system, stat checks, etc.
I am intending for a few play styles depending on choices made (the main story will be a visual novel with choices to progress in different ways based on skill and stat checks, plus some flags from previous lives. The patrol clues are the start of that quest line). But the game lends itself to other storylines if the player chooses to pursue a side character. So I also have sketched out both an adventurer and merchant career path to happen once the main story has a few chapters.

So... I'm not sure that made sense. This version is largely a sandbox with limited options, which will expand based on how far the player has progressed in the main story, eventually opening quest lines that expand on the various aspects of the existing sandbox (Lani and Dad's line moves to fighting and rpg elements, Bess and mom focus on church and magic, etc). Skills and titles earned playing those quests open additional options in the main storyline (example: you were previously killed by assassin's while trying to guard the princess, but Lani taught you how to counterattack or you mastered a barrier spell, so this time you succeed in beating the assassin and continue the story). I don't intend to make the final progression depend entirely on doing absolutely everything, but having unique skills from doing specific combinations of previous actions will lead to different images and events.

Reactions: Alderon55
3.30 star(s) 21 Votes