Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey Night Mirror.

I've been thinking a lot lately about your game and after playing through it a bunch, different routes and what not, I stumbled across your behind the scenes work in making the game. And jeez the models were hella broken up, putting them back piece by piece is insane, honestly I'm jealous of your dedication. That's gotten me thinking, seriously you have given this so much work already, I understand if you don't want to, but I genuinely think you would be able to create some of your own art too - from scratch. (I'm aware you already have made some)

You've got a few sprites at hand, facial expressions, some poses and drawing some fresh scenes - while is still difficult and requires a skill that time can't necessarily give - seems like a viable option to at least consider. I'm not expecting as good art, I'm happy even if it's just acceptable because that's how much I love playing this game. If you tried, given your dedication and patience I think you could actually come up with some new content that's purely yours. I'm not an artist either but I think I personally could come up something half decent with all the existing material and you could make something even better. Just think about it xD
TLDR: I'm not good with character proportions, perspective, poses, or style. I want to add more new scenes, but don't think I can without an artist's help.

(sorry, as with all my replies this got long and wordy, and trying to edit it down just made it longer.)

This has been a passion project with no small amount of effort to get it put back together (literally:p). But overall I'm happy with how it turned out. It's not perfect, but people don't seem to hate it (well, most people, I'm sure some people hate it, this is the internet), so that's a win.

Reassembling the sprites (while time consuming) wasn't too bad, like a small puzzle to figure out. And I'd usually use a scaled screen shot from the game to find where the parts go~ish. I did draw in new outfits too, like summer's pajamas, the Dipper/Mabel costumes, lots of underwear for characters, and a bunch more. But, that's still just really editing, not creating new sprites.

The parts for the Live2D were way harder to put back together (so I've done very few of them). A few expanded sequences use them for "new" art, since it was easier than editing a screen cap of the animation. The Live2D animations are spread across 3-6 files depending on complexity and are called things like "texture_00 #30957".

Which if you are wondering looks like this (1 of 4 files, can you guess the animation?):
texture_00 #36180.jpg

I spent a lot of time (and still do) searching and re-searching through these 470~ish files, trying to spot little details such as does that part of a foot match this scene? Honestly, it's still kinda fun. Like putting together a puzzle that has it pieces mixed in with other puzzles, but it's also very slow.

The parts files do help me pull together some of the edited art (mostly when building Morty into a scene, or his dick... this project has made me draw way more dicks than I though I ever would). They also help as a general guide if I do have to draw in something not in an original scene (again, usually dicks, and also arms/hands).

But, it's a big jump from editing existing art to making it from scratch. When I can find poses that work, I re-used them (with varying degrees of success). You can see an example of this with the Morty/Morticia scene during the pumpkin dance event, which is an edited image from the Morty/Morticia towel sex scene.
example0.jpg
The right image looks a little funky because the parts are in separate layered files and posed in renpy. I draw things in, but the base poses are the same.

So, why not make my own art? (holy shit, I finally got around to answering the question!)

I want to, I really do, there are LOTS of scenes I want to add in, but I'm also aware of my own limitation and ability (or lack there of). There are just somethings I simply suck at.

First up is proportions. Even when scaling things with a resize tool, I still get sizes and proportions wrong with existing art! Once I start drawing, hands are too small, heads are too big, eyes are a funky shape, you name it, I can screw it up, or down. (because scaling, get it?)

Not getting the the scale right leads into the second issue, perspective. I just don't have a great handle on drawing in perspective. Some of the edits I put in I know are wrong, but it's the best I can do, and I hope they don't distract too much.

Then there are poses. I'm not good with coming up with interesting positions for characters, I can barely manage to draw them in profile without messing that up, let alone an interesting sex position. Yeah, there is a lot of material out there to inspire me, but then I'm just back to editing/tracing people's art, and that hasn't really helped me improve.

Lastly there is style. I think Ferdafs has done an amazing job duplicating and adapting the show style to this game (even if there are some design choices I personal would change). Even if I could do the first 3, I have no hope of drawing characters to match the existing game. I think it would be a detrimental player experience to have a jarring shift in style. I personally cringe whenever I'm playing and I see one of my attempts at matching the style pop up. Morticia's hug/kiss image on vampire night still haunts my nightmares and it's one I want to redo as soon as I think I can do better.

So, is that a never for new scenes? As I've said before, at least for now, new sex scenes are going to be very limited (hey, there is one in the next update! It's not complex and uses a lot of edited art, but it's a short original scene!). But I still think new art for scenes in general is beyond my reach without the help of an actual artist.

I'll keep trying to improve, but I've literally been trying all my life and I'm still not very good.

ReaperMania

Aug 8, 2020
Love the idea, but as I've said, I'm not an artist. Pretty much all new scenes are going to come from Ferdafs Unity game. Any new scenes that I do add will be very limited and based on edited existing art. All that being said, I will still add the suggestion to my future content request list and if I figure out a way to do it, I'll try and add it in at some point.
Glad you like it. If you can put it into the game, another idea (if you want more spanking scenes in the game I mean) is that Morticia (sorry if I butchered her name) saw what was happening and, the next day, she got turned on from you "taking charge" so to speak. So, she asks if you can spank her after school that day? But, if that is too much, that is fine :)

Reactions: Night Mirror
Dec 13, 2020
Hey Night Mirror! If you could, could you add the ANAL option in both of these scenes in the next update? I would really appreciate it :)

- Doctors Orders Screenshot_20210602-161618.png

- Almost Caught Screenshot_20210602-162025.png

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey Night Mirror! If you could, could you add the ANAL option in both of these scenes in the next update? I would really appreciate it :)

- Doctors Orders
- Almost Caught
Added into the scene request list!

I can't say for sure if these will make it in the next update. I do still have a lot of time before the end of June when we will most likely get the next content update, I mean, assuming Ferdafs doesn't drop 3.2 tomorrow or something. I'm guessing we will get a Mindblower edition in a few days, but no update needed on the renpy end for that. I've finished pretty much everything else I wanted to put in for this update. So I'm pretty confident I can fit this in too (that's what she said).

I'll need to do some scene review first and see what art is needed. Expanded sequences usually take like 3-4 days for me to put together. And if for some reason I can't get it done for r3.0, then r4.0 for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit:
And, request completed!

I thought there was going to be a lot more I'd have to make for those scenes, but after review, it looks like they only needed minor art edits and some text. Docs Orders did need more art, but thankfully I had already put in most of the work while making the condom removal option. The second scene "Almost Caught" only needed one image for a different expression so it was mostly just additional text. The animations look close enough to be vag or butt sex from the angel they are presented, so I don't think they need editing.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2020
Added into the scene request list!

I can't say for sure if these will make it in the next update. I do still have a lot of time before the end of June when we will most likely get the next content update, I mean, assuming Ferdafs doesn't drop 3.2 tomorrow or something. I'm guessing we will get a Mindblower edition in a few days, but no update needed on the renpy end for that. I've finished pretty much everything else I wanted to put in for this update. So I'm pretty confident I can fit this in too (that's what she said).

I'll need to do some scene review first and see what art is needed. Expanded sequences usually take like 3-4 days for me to put together. And if for some reason I can't get it done for r3.0, then r4.0 for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Noted. Good luck.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Damn I actually like the fanmade one more than the original one ._. btw anyone got a walkthrough for this? or some mod?
I'm glad you gave it a chance and enjoyed it! :D

There aren't really any wrong answers in the choices. Again, this isn't a branching game. You can pick the choice you want but the overall story will be pretty much the same. There are no surprise bad endings, or alternate paths you can really take for different future scenes. No matter what you pick, you won't miss content unless you choose to skip over it via the (Skip) options.

You can also try using the AutoMenu option (in the preferences menu or at the start of a new game) and set it for what you want to see. This will act like a walkthrough in a way giving you a set version of the game where it will pick the desired scene ending when possible.

There are two scenes affected by past choices that aren't just small callbacks, and they are:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.0 Status

We are about a month on since the release of r2.0 and about a month away from r3.0, so I thought I would share where the build is at. Very short answer, it’s on track for July. Again, even though the things I’m adding are mostly ready to go, r3.0 won’t go live until after new content from Ferdafs has been added.

This post will be mostly spoiler free (although it will have images), but I will talk about which scenes are getting updates. So if you don’t want to know what new things are coming, stop reading here, yes, right here... too far!

Do Over - Day Selector

On to content!

So what is left to do then? Honestly, not much. I want to do some more testing, text editing, and typo hunting to clean up as much as I can. And I'm going to package and test the update patch (so there will be both a full file and smaller patch file with just the changes for people who don't want to redownload the whole thing), so it will be ready to just slot in the updated Ferdafs content when it's ready.

Mostly though, I think I’ll just chill until the new content.

Still feel free to suggest scene requests (edits have much higher chance of getting added over new scenes) and while they most likely won't make it into this version, they might be in the next one! And if you were wondering, here is what my current request/future content list looks like.
scene_req.png

Thanks for playing and as always I'm happy to try and answer any questions you have!

Last edited:

gambit87

Dec 27, 2017
It all looks very good!!!
From me as ais you can tell the story yourself. Would definitely be better than Ferdafs'. For example, I think the Beth's and Summer's from the other dimensions won't play a role in the end. However, it would be great to see what becomes of them. Do they live on in their worlds or do they choose to live in Morty's world?
And of course, did Morty get her pregnant? I would also love to see a pregnant Wild Summer and of course 2 pregnant Nazi Summer and Beth. Which is definitely not going to happen in the original.
But I know you won't do that. But maybe in the end? I also think many would want a special ending:
a) Where Morty lives happily in this dimension with all (or the most important: Beth, Summer, Trica, Jessica, Reka and the Alien Ladies) pregnant women (love route). Together with the alternative Summer's and Beth? Or
b) Where Morty has subjugated all women to his will and these are his more or less willing sex slaves (pregnant of course).

And 2 more questions:
1) With the Tricia’s “Rape” scene, can you theoretically get her pregnant or does that only happen after you have forbidden her to use protection?
2) Could you add something to the last sex scene with Reka? In such a way that you can decide again whether to persuade Reka to do Vaginal sex (with the corresponding end result) or to rape her?

All the best

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
It all looks very good!!!
From me as ais you can tell the story yourself. Would definitely be better than Ferdafs'. For example, I think the Beth's and Summer's from the other dimensions won't play a role in the end. However, it would be great to see what becomes of them. Do they live on in their worlds or do they choose to live in Morty's world?
And of course, did Morty get her pregnant? I would also love to see a pregnant Wild Summer and of course 2 pregnant Nazi Summer and Beth. Which is definitely not going to happen in the original.
But I know you won't do that. But maybe in the end? I also think many would want a special ending:
a) Where Morty lives happily in this dimension with all (or the most important: Beth, Summer, Trica, Jessica, Reka and the Alien Ladies) pregnant women (love route). Together with the alternative Summer's and Beth? Or
b) Where Morty has subjugated all women to his will and these are his more or less willing sex slaves (pregnant of course).

And 2 more questions:
1) With the Tricia’s “Rape” scene, can you theoretically get her pregnant or does that only happen after you have forbidden her to use protection?
2) Could you add something to the last sex scene with Reka? In such a way that you can decide again whether to persuade Reka to do Vaginal sex (with the corresponding end result) or to rape her?

All the best
I don't want to stray too far from what Ferdafs is doing with the story, or future scenes might not work. My goal is to "enhance" (at least I think so) some aspects of the story as well as add in things Pateron restricts Ferdafs from doing (like the incest stuff). It's a fine line I'm walking in changing things, and I'm trying (and I hopefully succeeding, I can never tell) to still have things make sense and be believable-ish, while still adding in new player options.

I'm hoping the game end is a ways off (I'm not ready for it to be over). But, yes, I do intend to have an option for Morty to stay if Ferdafs doesn't give one in the Unity version (there is now a whole subplot of him questioning if he even wants to go home anymore, which isn't in the Unity version, he is still just after points). I will add "sex slave" ending to my request list. Again, I'm hoping endings are a ways off.

Sadly all actual pregnancy stuff (visual and confirmation) is just going to have to wait. This is the nature of a story that I don't really have control or input on. For now, girls just get to talk about pregnancy, and worry and/or be excited over it (if the player has picked no birth control), but until the Unity version get further on or makes a decision, I'm hesitant to move forward.

Tricia's updated rape scene does have the option to cum inside or out, and after you can ask her to take or not take birth control. However, determining pregnancy once it dose actually go into the game is a bit, underwhelming? Not exactly spoilers but I'll be talking about code and how things will be determined, so it might ruin some of the "magic"? Read on at your own risk:

Pregnancy will use two variables, birth control and if you ever came inside. However, birth control is just a True/False flag, it doesn't track when it was active, just that it is. So, when characters finally do get around to telling you they are pregnant (at some point) the game will check: if the birth control flag is True/False right now and did Morty cum inside them ever. The timing won't be taken into consideration. You may still have a chance to get them pregnant after that, I don't know, that's again future content I don't have control over.

As to having sex with Reka in her furry scene, I'll add it to my request list, but I'm not sure it's one I can do. There are some issues with the scene as an expanded sequence. First is lack of art, there aren't very many images to work with of her and I'm not sure I could make a sex scene with what there is. Second is the scene itself, most expanded sequences play off of what is already happening in the scene. For her scene and current character, I don't really see an opportunity for Morty to get sex out of her (consensual or otherwise). Lastly, it is the most recent part of her current plot, and I'm very hesitant to change much of anything when I don't know where her future story is going yet. It might be one for later.

Thanks for the suggestions and interest in the game! I'll keep working to make it the best it can be! All the feedback I get from players really helps!

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
How a dev of fan game become one of my favorite devs? It's great that he's in constant contact with players and adding players ' wishes to the game. (Thank you for new Mr.Meesexless scene and Loco Mortyless scene) And from what I can see from his self-criticism, he doesn't seem to be doing anything he can't handle. Keep being such a good dev, Night Mirror!

Dec 13, 2020
Choosing nicknames that Beth calls Morty ... having played this more than once, I enjoy picking funny nicknames for Beth to call Morty. My favs so far have been "My Little Mother Fucker", "My Little Rapist", and "Pussy Stretcher". Have you guys come up with any good ones?
I simply choose the nicknames "MoJo" or "Baby". I think the latter is pretty self explanatory lol.

• Haha
Reactions: wibbled
Oct 3, 2017
I loved the thought behind "editing" and moving the game to RenPy as I was disgusted at the fact that I needed to play the whole game over and I love how you explained every tag and every update in detail. You should really consider teaming up and making your own game if you have the time because honestly the way you keep up with your thread and game is better than 95% of the devs out there. Also with this amount of typing you can surely get enough feedbacks to both improve yourself and the game. Keep up the great work and thank you

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I loved the thought behind "editing" and moving the game to RenPy as I was disgusted at the fact that I needed to play the whole game over and I love how you explained every tag and every update in detail. You should really consider teaming up and making your own game if you have the time because honestly the way you keep up with your thread and game is better than 95% of the devs out there. Also with this amount of typing you can surely get enough feedbacks to both improve yourself and the game. Keep up the great work and thank you
Would love to see Night mirror develop his own game or after done with remaking A way back home he would move to remaking other Unity games into ren py

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Kane_Freeman, PregnantGoatDesigner, thevoid089

Thanks for the kind words! I'm mostly just trying to do the things I'd like other devs to do. Especially communication, both listening to feedback and responding when I think I can add to the conversation. It's always frustrating not to know what's going on with a game, or feel like my comments are being ignored. And I've tried my best to both listen (well, read) and respond.

To be fair, I am posting the game directly to this site (instead of like pateron or something), where as a lot of other devs post off site and someone not them brings it here. But this is my main place to talk about the game, so I do... at length... probably way too much...

As to making my own game, I'd love to! I have several ideas I really do want to pursue, but (and sadly it's a big but (not that I don't like big butts)) my biggest stumbling block continues to be art. While finding an artist isn't out of the question it does come with its own challenges and costs. And doing something for free and fun won't be the same if I have to turn it into a job.

At least for the time being, this project is going to stay my main focus, and I'll keep trying to make it the best I can.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes