Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hi apologize. I was actually curious as to how they were made. I understand how to install and it works wonderfully. I'd appreciate an explanation if you have time
Sorry, after patch day, the thread usually gets a staggering number of players who are unsure how to patch, so that is my default mindset when responding.

There isn't anything special about the uncompressed files (other than not being compressed with YAC). They are the original (sort of) images recovered from the Unity version (or originals I've made (or other people have contributed)), and not AI up-rezed or anything.

I can't use the Unity files as is, since they are atlased, which turns them into a hot mess, literally cutting them into jigsaw parts. But I can screen capture the reassembled images while in game.

I wrote a script that completely hides the menu in the Unity game, then goes through, clicks, takes a screen shot, clicks, takes a screen shot (repeat) until all the stills are captured. Then after that I go through the slicing process (another script I made). This is similar to the atlased files the Unity game uses in that I am trying to reduce file size by cutting out duplicate parts of the image. This usually results in a single background image, and several different face expressions with transparent backgrounds for the majority of images in the game. Before slicing (and a number of patches ago) the image files were about 6GB, after slicing, they are 1.6GB.

Then when it's time to release, I copy and paste all the image folders into a temp directory and run the rpa packager on them, giving them the same name as the image archive in the main game so that they overwirte the compressed archives when unpacked into the game folder.

I hope that answers your question? But feel free to follow up if there was something specific I didn't cover.

MobileGrunt

Oct 5, 2019
"You're little disappointed that you couldn't..." Missing an 'a' there just before 'little'.

Day 18 with the new scene with Beth while she has you standing in the corner, she mentions how you keep cumming inside. That only happened once anally for me. Haven't gotten to anything vaginal with her yet. And then when you're about to fuck her it shows you actually fucking while you are both getting ready for what comes next.

On day 24 when you're about to fuck Beth, at the behind doggy style scene, the face gets all messed up starting with double eyelids and going to irises and even a dick with and one without a condom. It even switches to an animated scene that is fine, but then back to the other scene that is still messed up.

Last edited:

Soup_Man

Oct 23, 2018
Hey, I found a bug, Day 18, played from patch to 3.7f to 3.8, from day selector. During the sex scene between Beth and Morty it seems like the animation loop is missing some frames, see the video for reference.

Edit: This happens only for the first half than it seems to correct itself, so idk.
View attachment New video.mp4

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
On day 24 when you're about to fuck Beth, at the behind doggy style scene, the face gets all messed up starting with double eyelids and going to irises and even a dick with and one without a condom. It even switches to an animated scene that is fine, but then back to the other scene that is still messed up.
Appears to be another patch only issue of images not replacing correctly in the patch file (very, very frustrating). Scene is fine in the full game. Will most likely wait to tomorrow to see if any other scenes have this issue (it only happens with the packed rpa files so didn't show up in any testing).

Hey, I found a bug, Day 18, played from patch to 3.7f to 3.8, from day selector. During the sex scene between Beth and Morty it seems like the animation loop is missing some frames, see the video for reference.

Edit: This happens only for the first half than it seems to correct itself, so idk.
Almost want to just delete the patch file, it has been way more trouble than it's been worth...

Edit:
Patch Only files removed for now. Full download doesn't have the issues.

Reactions: MobileGrunt

Soup_Man

Oct 23, 2018
Appears to be another patch only issue of images not replacing correctly in the patch file (very, very frustrating). Scene is fine in the full game. Will most likely wait to tomorrow to see if any other scenes have this issue (it only happens with the packed rpa files so didn't show up in any testing).

Almost want to just delete the patch file, it has been way more trouble than it's been worth...
If any more bugs come up, do you want me to still report them, or just drop them, if so ill download the full 3.8 and mess around over there than.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
If any more bugs come up, do you want me to still report them, or just drop them, if so ill download the full 3.8 and mess around over there than.
I would say switch to the full build over the patch files if that is an option.

I'm more or less just going to consider the patch files contaminated at this point. I mean, I spent near a 100 hours testing it, but of course it doesn't fucking work.

The issues all seem to be related to the rpa files not taking priority for images (not the video problem, that was me just never replacing the temp video from testing). With the last major release, I also moved the Ren'py engine up to a new version and I think it doesn't handle file priority the same way.

Reactions: Soup_Man

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Day 18 with the new scene with Beth while she has you standing in the corner, she mentions how you keep cumming inside. That only happened once anally for me. Haven't gotten to anything vaginal with her yet. And then when you're about to fuck her it shows you actually fucking while you are both getting ready for what comes next.
I think I see the issue here, looks like it is checking the wrong flag.

Mar 9, 2019
I found a few typos, mistakes, and bugs but they've already been addressed for the most part, but I also forgot to screenshot a bunch of the typos I found. In fact, I only remembered to screenshot one of them haha.

screenshot0001.png
"Actually... I should write that one down..."

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the update and I started from scratch this time with new saves and everything. I never tire of replaying this game and I look forward to whatever is next. Night Mirror and aaronminus my utmost appreciation to both of you for using your free time to make the original Unity game even better. May you enjoy your work for years to come. Till next time, ciao!

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I found a few typos, mistakes, and bugs but they've already been addressed for the most part, but I also forgot to screenshot a bunch of the typos I found. In fact, I only remembered to screenshot one of them haha.

View attachment 2642860

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the update and I started from scratch this time with new saves and everything. I never tire of replaying this game and I look forward to whatever is next. Night Mirror and aaronminus my utmost appreciation to both of you for using your free time to make the original Unity game even better. May you enjoy your work for years to come. Till next time, ciao!
Role playing as Yoda, Rick is!

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021

View attachment 2642860

So, this is a good time to talk about the state of the script as a whole. I initially came onboard to fix typos and polish up the script starting from Day 1 onwards. Over time that’s transitioned slightly to not only that but also helping with new content (original and adaptation from Ferdafs).

What this means practically is that the first 12 days that were worked on by kimlana and I, are much more reflective of how neat the script should look, with the last few updates (Pool Day, Nimbus/Narina/Jessica, Morticia and Tricia, Space Christmas and this latest one) being the quality gold standard I’m hoping to see throughout the entire game someday.

So basically, 1-12 has been punched up, and the last few updates (which, by nature of this remake are not all at the end but spread throughout) are also, but there are wide pockets of the game that aren’t there yet. Your screencap is from Day 13, which is right at the start of the “in-progress” zone. My process is slow and annoying (re-re-re-re writing) so I’ve puzzled over how to do this most efficiently and have decided that doing a full game pass on my end first would be the move (rather than one day at a time which was how I delivered in the past). If you spot typos outside of the first 12 days or the updates, by all means let us know, but also be aware that those areas are still in-progress from an editing standpoint.

One of these updates (hopefully sooner rather than later) the full game pass will be implemented by Night Mirror and I (my edits aren’t what go into the game, rather they serve as a starting point between Night Mirror and I to decide what we both think works best) and you’ll see an update where essentially the entire game has been retouched. I want to be careful in saying that this doesn’t mean the story we’ve all come to like is changing, my goal isn’t to tell a different story, but the same one as best as possible.

In short, you’re gonna find these kinds of typos and inconsistencies in certain areas of the script for now (especially the middle) but it’s being worked on (and re-re-re-re worked on) and they’ll hopefully all be addressed and more soon :cool: (y)

pr83

May 5, 2017
Damn son, this should be the standard for all games made on the renpy engine from this point on in terms of user friendliness, accessibility and presentation. There are so many options that are absolutely helpful and convenient that it's crazy that is not the standard practice of renpy devs. Everything is so beautifully organized and each options is so well thought-out and detailed to mix and match and toggle. This and the Developer of Deathable know how it is done. Major props my guys and thanks again.
It doesn't even dump autosaves after autosaves in the saves folder like most other renpy games when replaying the scenes through the mindblower. Clean as shit (y)

Last edited:

7twenty

Sep 11, 2017
Gotta say, I was surprised during the scene where you help "Summer 2" pick a new name that one of the options was Autumn. I was literally planning on renaming her that if I got the chance, it's really fitting. Cool detail, and much appreciated.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
full save/gallery?
Unlocked gallery is there by default, and there’s a day/scene selector, and a system to change your choices on the fly without having to replay. There is never a need to ask for saves for this game, getting to where you want to be takes like two minutes.

Reactions: amsousa95

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.9 What and When?!
Update is out and it looks like the only issues were with the update only files. So if you downloaded the UPDATE ONLY FILE, I strongly recommend switching to the full build. I will try and avoid this issue next time, but it is a pretty big pain in the butt as it is a major change to the workflow.

Anyhow, onto the plans for the next version!

As always, I'm going to start with the When? This is always a guess, and I always use the same logic to work it out, and that is most likely 3~ish months away. The Unity version released at the start of May, so... my guess is July or Sept? The renpy version will most likely be Sept, depending on when in July it comes out. July of this year is a busy month for me, so if it does arrive then, my available time to work on it will be very, very, low.

Onto the What? This update had a whole bunch of extra scenes in it, which, again, isn't my goal (in fact it made things way more challenging). At this point in time, I have no original scenes I want to make for the next update. There is the possibility of contributed extra content with the next update. However, we're still not sure if it will be ready, and sorry, no content spoilers about it other then it will be in a past day.

Does that mean I'm going to be doing mostly nothing while I wait for the next Unity release? You bet your sweet ass it does!

If I get board (and I will) I'll most likely work on something, but what that is, I can't say. Nothing jumps out at me right now as something I want to invest time in (certainly not blinks). You might point to the request list and say "look at all those things you have to do" but nothing there really grabs my attention as something I want to spend time on just now. Maybe later, not right now.

Anyhow... I hope you all enjoyed this update! Thanks for being awesome!

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Hey it's been a while since I last played; can someone tell me whether I need to set the nicknames to "Bro"/"Sis", or whether at some point there is a choice and they just start doing it naturally (separate from nicknames).

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Hey it's been a while since I last played; can someone tell me whether I need to set the nicknames to "Bro"/"Sis", or whether at some point there is a choice and they just start doing it naturally (separate from nicknames).
You get to choose Incest or Alternate reality themes on Day 1/2 (and you're asked are you sure later on). If you choose Incest/Twincest you will see "bro/sis" more often. Putting "bro/sis" in the nicknames will just make it happen slightly more.

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes