Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #2 NOV 15 @ 19:40 UTC:
Things are creeping along for the next release, which will be Part 3 (I feel like I should give them cleaver titles or something... nope, got nothing...). It is still targeted for Dec 5th, and is looking pretty good. As I've said before, it is in a pretty good state overall, but still needs more polish. This is largely editing, so there isn't a lot to say other than we are working to make words better. Also I've finished up the last few art elements I needed to make, and just waiting to add expressions to the animations after the first editing pass is completed.

I'm not exactly sure how to format this next section, this project has only ever been about the current update, because it was tied to what Ferdafs was doing. But as that isn't really the case anymore, a lot of my "work" time is on the next, next patch (working ahead as far as I can get), while aaronminus is working on polishing the current patch.

So... this is a Part 4 report too I guess? We are getting close on our finalize script for it. I've just started the blocking process. Blocking, is putting all the basic art (often placeholder) and character models in rough place within the code. They have no or limited expressions, it is mostly just to get a sense of the scene (so we aren't working on it as text only). I'm about halfway through part 4, and I hope to finish it this week, then move into full art production for it next week (which should have been this week... but, behind...)

If everything goes as planned, I want to have Part 4 in roughly the same state as Part 3 was (nearly done, without editing, and missing only a few things) by the time Part 3 comes out in Dec.

Anyhow... thanks for being awesome!

Oct 1, 2021
Progress Report #2 NOV 15 @ 19:40 UTC:
Things are creeping along for the next release, which will be Part 3 (I feel like I should give them cleaver titles or something... nope, got nothing...). It is still targeted for Dec 5th, and is looking pretty good. As I've said before, it is in a pretty good state overall, but still needs more polish. This is largely editing, so there isn't a lot to say other than we are working to make words better. Also I've finished up the last few art elements I needed to make, and just waiting to add expressions to the animations after the first editing pass is completed.

I'm not exactly sure how to format this next section, this project has only ever been about the current update, because it was tied to what Ferdafs was doing. But as that isn't really the case anymore, a lot of my "work" time is on the next, next patch (working ahead as far as I can get), while aaronminus is working on polishing the current patch.

So... this is a Part 4 report too I guess? We are getting close on our finalize script for it. I've just started the blocking process. Blocking, is putting all the basic art (often placeholder) and character models in rough place within the code. They have no or limited expressions, it is mostly just to get a sense of the scene (so we aren't working on it as text only). I'm about halfway through part 4, and I hope to finish it this week, then move into full art production for it next week (which should have been this week... but, behind...)

If everything goes as planned, I want to have Part 4 in roughly the same state as Part 3 was (nearly done, without editing, and missing only a few things) by the time Part 3 comes out in Dec.

Anyhow... thanks for being awesome!
Keep it up man, you're making us all proud

cooties69

Jul 3, 2022
Do we think we'll get any references/content related to the newest season in the game? I gotta say, I'd love to see "Evil Morty" from the show just show up last second and just dismantle the whole Collector Morty's operation, for the comedic effect. Plus it seems like Evil Morty would absolutely HATE Collector Morty and his dealings running under his nose.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Do we think we'll get any references/content related to the newest season in the game? I gotta say, I'd love to see "Evil Morty" from the show just show up last second and just dismantle the whole Collector Morty's operation, for the comedic effect. Plus it seems like Evil Morty would absolutely HATE Collector Morty and his dealings running under his nose.
Nope.

The current season will not directly effect the story of the ending. The main story is already written and there is too much production time involved to try and work in show elements as they come up. Additionally, the ending is about the game, which isn't running on show lore at this point.

Anything in the ending that happens to relate to something in season 7, is coincidence as I wrote the main chunk of the ending back in September, before the new season started airing.

While we are still finishing up portions of the script, elements from the show won't be something we are looking to add.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #3 NOV 20 @ 00:10 UTC:
Still chugging away on the next update, mostly lots of minor things on my end, and one giant editing pass on aaronminus end, but it's all still looking pretty good.

I do have a sort of announcement for it. After getting feedback from here, I decided to scrap the mindblower changes.

Some people might be rejoicing, others disappointed, a bunch have no idea what I'm talking about, and a few wondering: "hey, just put in both!"

So that there aren't a bunch of posts bringing up this, and me repeating the same reply over and over (although, I'm sure I still will, because reading is hard...). I don't want two clashing replay galleries. I don't want to maintain two code bases. And the additional complexity (for me and the players) just isn't worth having it both ways.

If you have an intense desire to argue for it's inclusion, by all means post away (I mean, how/why would I even stop you?), but I'm very unlikely to re-include it at this point. (if you really can't live without it, you have the jank version I posted for feedback that will sort of work with future updates, but it'll need code modification to include new replays).

Even if the new gallery design added improved functionality, it loses a lot of the visual charm of the original. So, I can understand the pushback on it. At the end of the day, the current Mindblowers isn't broken and unusable. While there is always room for improvements, I'm not going to spend more time on it.

Outside of that, again a LOT of my time is on the next, next update. We finally have a solid script for it (not without issues, but MUCH improved from where it was the last time I talked about it). I'm chipping away at the fucking boatload of artwork it needs. There was a long rant here that I deleted, but the short version is: fuck, I hate making art. I miss just doing updates every few months...

Anyhow, thanks for staying awesome!

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
AI wont solve anything anywhere in the foreseeable future, it's just a buzzword.

AI as such do not exist, what we have today are machine learning - which have some applications, but never creative.

Although holywood seems to have used 'ai' scriptwriters for decades...
chatGTP probably writes better scripts than holliwood has been for the past few decades.

danishfrost

Jul 1, 2021
sorry about asking but didnt ferdafs stop working on his game i mean there has been nothing new on his patreon since may

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
sorry about asking but didnt ferdafs stop working on his game i mean there has been nothing new on his patreon since may
THE UNITY GAME IS ABANDONED?!?!
It has now been more than 6 months since we heard anything from Ferdafs (not just an update, but any posts of any kind), and I have to assume at this point the Unity game will no longer get updates. I don't know why, Ferdafs didn't say, and he didn't tell anyone (that we know of).

This game is NOT abandoned , I will do my best to conclude it over several updates, but a reminder that I'm really just a programmer. Now I have to fully write and create artwork for the updates, something WAY outside of my normal skillset.

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
Last I played,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Was there ever any continuation of her storyline after that? And if there isn't, are there any plans to continue it?
There have been a few Tricia scenes since that moment in the current version of the game. Beyond that, can’t confirm or deny what the ending updates will focus on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phase_01
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes