Morticia's Fan

Dec 27, 2021
Hey NightMirror, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your continued work on the game. It gives the game a unique vibe that I haven't seen before. The artwork and storyline are amazing and are just as good as the original game itself.

You mentioned previously that you don't receive donations. However, since Ferdafs no longer has any interest towards the game, I was wondering if you could reconsider your position. Given that you are essentially doing everything by yourself, would you be willing to accept donations to help support your work?

I don't mean in any way to discredit Ferdafs, but it's important to remember that while he brought the story to life and set the plot, it was YOU who made significant improvements to it. You made it more accessible and are ultimately responsible for continuing/finishing the story. Therefore, I believe you are entitled to some form of compensation.
Let the community know if you change your mind.

Sincerely,

A proud fan <3

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hey NightMirror, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your continued work on the game. It gives the game a unique vibe that I haven't seen before. The artwork and storyline are amazing and are just as good as the original game itself.

You mentioned previously that you don't receive donations. However, since Ferdafs no longer has any interest towards the game, I was wondering if you could reconsider your position. Given that you are essentially doing everything by yourself, would you be willing to accept donations to help support your work?

I don't mean in any way to discredit Ferdafs, but it's important to remember that while he brought the story to life and set the plot, it was YOU who made significant improvements to it. You made it more accessible and are ultimately responsible for continuing/finishing the story. Therefore, I believe you are entitled to some form of compensation.
Let the community know if you change your mind.

Sincerely,

A proud fan <3
I'm very glad to hear that you enjoy the game, and my additions to it. (and decided to sign up on the form just to let me know!)

(even though I'm not taking money for this, the simple fact that people are willing to give still means a lot to me. So don't take my refusal of cash, to mean that I don't accept your appreciation of my work. Even just offering means a lot to me)

My stance for monetary compensation hasn't change (even though I am doing WAY more work than before... and admittedly having a lot less fun now that I have to do all the art (fucking art...)). Even with Ferdafs no longer doing updates, it still feels scummy to take money based largely on something he created. (yes, technically it is for the work I'm doing now, not the already created content, but it still doesn't feel right to me).

Second, and no less important, accepting financial support for this project changes what it is (to me at least, if no one else). It changes the expectations, the requirements, how I work on it and how I see it. When I'm paid it's a product, a job, not a hobby. This was never meant to be another job for me, and I don't want it to become one. Keeping money out of it helps it stay that way (again, for me, if no one else).

Or, in short, money hasn't ever been what I'm looking to get out of this endeavor... It's hot, sexy Morticia scenes, obviously.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I'm very glad to hear that you enjoy the game, and my additions to it. (and decided to sign up on the form just to let me know!)

(even though I'm not taking money for this, the simple fact that people are willing to give still means a lot to me. So don't take my refusal of cash, to mean that I don't accept your appreciation of my work. Even just offering means a lot to me)

My stance for monetary compensation hasn't change (even though I am doing WAY more work than before... and admittedly having a lot less fun now that I have to do all the art (fucking art...)). Even with Ferdafs no longer doing updates, it still feels scummy to take money based largely on something he created. (yes, technically it is for the work I'm doing now, not the already created content, but it still doesn't feel right to me).

Second, and no less important, accepting financial support for this project changes what it is (to me at least, if no one else). It changes the expectations, the requirements, how I work on it and how I see it. When I'm paid it's a product, a job, not a hobby. This was never meant to be another job for me, and I don't want it to become one. Keeping money out of it helps it stay that way (again, for me, if no one else).

Or, in short, money hasn't ever been what I'm looking to get out of this endeavor... It's hot, sexy Morticia scenes, obviously.
If it makes you feel better, Ferdafs was doing work based off the show, which is technically what you are now doing going forward
But I understand the sentiment, feelings can change when doing something with money involved vs when you like it

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
Might have been asked and I missed it but are you open to receiving help from willing supporters for things you have issues with? You mentioned that art isn’t your strong suit, so I’m just curious if an artist was willing to lend a hand to add to the conclusion if it would be considered

I do hope all goes well. I’ve been dying to see Morticia pregnant for a long time given all the dialogue based around it.
regardless thank you for all you’ve done and all you will do, it’s been a good ride!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Might have been asked and I missed it but are you open to receiving help from willing supporters for things you have issues with? You mentioned that art isn’t your strong suit, so I’m just curious if an artist was willing to lend a hand to add to the conclusion if it would be considered
Not exactly. While no artist have directly offered to assist with the ending, people have reached out with other~ recommendations (mainly around paid art).

The short version is: I've had a mixed bag with artist on this project. Keep in mind all of them were doing it because they wanted to (not because I asked), on the timetable of their choosing. This has worked okay~ish in the past when there really was no deadline (the scene can go in whenever it's finished in any update).

That isn't so great right now when:
  1. I need the ending art, it isn't optional and just can't be left undone.
  2. I don't want this ending to take forever, waiting on art that might never come.
  3. I don't have any active artist. Even if a new person stepped up right now to assist, I'm not going to share ending plans with someone I haven't worked with.
Doing it myself means I can manage the deadlines around it, and trim things back (or sometimes add more) depending on how production is going to make the goals I want to hit. While it is easy to say players will wait, or don't worry how long it takes, that's only true to a certain point. And, I don't want to keep doing "this" (making the game, instead of modding it) longer than I have to. It just isn't that enjoyable for me.

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
Not exactly. While no artist have directly offered to assist with the ending, people have reached out with other~ recommendations (mainly around paid art).

The short version is: I've had a mixed bag with artist on this project. Keep in mind all of them were doing it because they wanted to (not because I asked), on the timetable of their choosing. This has worked okay~ish in the past when there really was no deadline (the scene can go in whenever it's finished in any update).

That isn't so great right now when:
  1. I need the ending art, it isn't optional and just can't be left undone.
  2. I don't want this ending to take forever, waiting on art that might never come.
  3. I don't have any active artist. Even if a new person stepped up right now to assist, I'm not going to share ending plans with someone I haven't worked with.
Doing it myself means I can manage the deadlines around it, and trim things back (or sometimes add more) depending on how production is going to make the goals I want to hit. While it is easy to say players will wait, or don't worry how long it takes, that's only true to a certain point. And, I don't want to keep doing "this" (making the game, instead of modding it) longer than I have to. It just isn't that enjoyable for me.
seems we might have a bit of a delay coming

Mushybird

Sep 17, 2021
...No? Still on track for next update on Dec 5th. If that's gonna get missed (or any update), I'll do a status update about it. Right now, just not much to talk about, other than grinding my face into the art load for the update after that one.
Just remember to not stress yourself out about this. Better to have it be a few days or even a week or two late than drive yourself crazy trying to get it done on time. After all, no one's paying you, so you and aaronminus are in complete control of how this project goes. Best wishes, and enjoy the holidays with your loved ones!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Just remember to not stress yourself out about this. Better to have it be a few days or even a week or two late than drive yourself crazy trying to get it done on time. After all, no one's paying you, so you and aaronminus are in complete control of how this project goes. Best wishes, and enjoy the holidays with your loved ones!
Yes and no. Yes, the deadlines are mostly arbitrary, picked at month long intervals based on how fast I think I can do things and how long I think players can wait, based on the size of the content we are making. Other than disappointment (mine and the players here), there isn't much of a downside to missing a release date...

Except, also no, a hard release date is still somewhat important (again, mainly to me if no one else). The more times I go "eh, whatever, I'll do it later" the easier that overall mentality with something becomes for me, until I just stop doing it. So, to get it done at all, I have to have a target, and I have to do my best to make that target, even if it does add stress. Because the alternative is that I just don't do it.

All that being said, as I've previously stated, if we are getting down to the wire and there is some sort of issue that we can't resolve, I'm not going to destroy myself to hit that release window. I'll be as honest as I can with everyone about the delay, and push it if needed.

But, again, I want that to be a last resort thing. I'd much prefer everything is ready ahead of schedule and we are waiting to release, not rushing to it. Part of why I'm trying to work an update ahead of schedule, with most of the month left to editing/polishing the current update.

which is better to play this game .. pc or mobile ?
This game is designed for PC. It exists on mobile (and Mac and Linux) because people asked for it, and it is easy(ish) for me to make, so I do (I click a button that says make APK). But it gets very, very minimal development time and extremely limited testing for that platform (did it install on one android 13 device? can I skip through the latest update? Cool it works!).

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Progress Report #4 NOV 28 @ 00:45 UTC:
Still mostly nothing to share about Part 3, it's in editing. Release target is still Dec 5th. And still looking very likely.

So I'll switch into future content, and talk about the first "delay" of the project. One that would most likely be invisible if I wasn't about to tell you. This won't impact a release date, just the amount of content in that release (and technically adding an extra unplanned release pushing everything back, parts + 1).

Part 4 has gotten... big, too big. Too much art, too much dialogue, too much~ stuff. The options to handle it are: cut stuff out, delay the whole update a month, or cut the scene in half and make it two updates. We both agree we'd prefer not to cut content, so I've decided to split the update into two (rather than delay). This makes it more manageable to work with, and the scene was already going to have a "chapter select point" in it anyhow.

Not sure how the mindblower will work yet. I'm thinking similar to the waterpark, where they are sperate playbacks, but with a continue option or something? Don't need to solve it right now.

I have been hard at work on grinding my face into the art. I've completed all primary assets, but they don't have any pose work yet (just blank faces, literally). This week I'll be doing the pose work, which technically includes more drawing of expressions (so yay, more art...). The goal is to having preliminary posing completed by the end of the week (that means all characters are posed, even if some tweaking in expressions, or extra body parts, might be added later on). The first "working" draft of the scene.

Anyhow... thanks for staying awesome!

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
as long as you do not burn yourself out, and do updates every now and again i am happy, even if it takes a month or 2. Would be even more happy if pregnancy gets fully implemented, and we can do something with morty's one alien daughter, or more daughters... kinda wanna know how the pregnancies turned out for the multi armed ladies. in other words, take care of yourself, we can wait.

ARMARATRON

Apr 23, 2021
wonder why this doesn't have the kinetic novel tag
I guess because it has no sound.... maybe, and there are some choices.... like: use condom or not , rape her or not, love her or not .... etc... that affect some dialogs and some flags.(like the pregnant one). I like this way, because I can hear my music or else while I play/fap ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) and deactivate/vanish the kinks/events I do not like.

Reactions: loaf of bread
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes