Zanehere

Jan 17, 2021
I have full auto turned on with birth control set to yes, but for some reason they act like it is set to no. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I have full auto turned on with birth control set to yes, but for some reason they act like it is set to no. Not sure if this is a bug or not.
Can you give me an example that seems out of place?

Edit:
Doublechecked the system and it is working correctly.

Without more information about the exact issue, I have to guess here, and what I think is most likely happening is a difference in functionality vs expectation.

AutoMenu doesn't set choices, it chooses them. You have to play through (or fast forward through) a scene where the choice happens for it to have an effect on the game. If you skip over it, or past it (with Scene selector or Day selector), then AutoMenu won't choose any options. For example, the first option to set birth control for Summer happens in the first scene for Day 11. If you start in Day 11 scene 2 (or latter), then the choice menu didn't play, AutoMenu didn't make any choices, and the system uses the default value (birth control off).

If you are playing the game out of order (jumping to scenes), then you'll have to use the Do Over menu to properly set any past choices (including birth control).

If you are playing the game in a liner order, not skipping over scenes, and still encountering this issue, let me know where you found it. It is most likely either a bug, or a dialogue line that is just out of place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.John Bums

Zanehere

Jan 17, 2021
Can you give me an example that seems out of place?

Edit:
Doublechecked the system and it is working correctly.

Without more information about the exact issue, I have to guess here, and what I think is most likely happening is a difference in functionality vs expectation.

AutoMenu doesn't set choices, it chooses them. You have to play through (or fast forward through) a scene where the choice happens for it to have an effect on the game. If you skip over it, or past it (with Scene selector or Day selector), then AutoMenu won't choose any options. For example, the first option to set birth control for Summer happens in the first scene for Day 11. If you start in Day 11 scene 2 (or latter), then the choice menu didn't play, AutoMenu didn't make any choices, and the system uses the default value (birth control off).

If you are playing the game out of order (jumping to scenes), then you'll have to use the Do Over menu to properly set any past choices (including birth control).

If you are playing the game in a liner order, not skipping over scenes, and still encountering this issue, let me know where you found it. It is most likely either a bug, or a dialogue line that is just out of place.
Ah ok that makes sense, I am playing linearly, but I do fast forward a bit to save myself lots of clicking.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Ah ok that makes sense, I am playing linearly, but I do fast forward a bit to save myself lots of clicking.
Skipping shouldn't have the issue, only jumping around the game with things like day or scene selector. If you look at Do Over, do the characters saying the dialogue have birth control set to Yes or No? Again, a line example might be helpful, it might just be something we missed.

Zanehere

Jan 17, 2021
Skipping shouldn't have the issue, only jumping around the game with things like day or scene selector. If you look at Do Over, do the characters saying the dialogue have birth control set to Yes or No? Again, a line example might be helpful, it might just be something we missed.
Weird, well I haven't been jumping around with the day or scene selector.
Ok I just looked in do over and most of the birth controls were turned off. Any idea why it would be like that even though I turned birth control on in auto menu at the start of the game?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Weird, well I haven't been jumping around with the day or scene selector.
Ok I just looked in do over and most of the birth controls were turned off. Any idea why it would be like that even though I turned birth control on in auto menu at the start of the game?
I can't reproduce the issue on my end. Starting a new game, selecting Birth control yes with auto menu, and pressing tab to skip through the game, sets all characters that have the choice for birth control to yes after I encounter their birth control choice scenes. Easiest fix for the moment is to just change it in Do Over, and double check that AutoMenu is set to auto select birth control yes (Preferences>AutoMenu).

Zanehere

Jan 17, 2021
I can't reproduce the issue on my end. Starting a new game, selecting Birth control yes with auto menu, and pressing tab to skip through the game, sets all characters that have the choice for birth control to yes after I encounter their birth control choice scenes. Easiest fix for the moment is to just change it in Do Over, and double check that AutoMenu is set to auto select birth control yes (Preferences>AutoMenu).
Yeah ok, I'll probably do that then.

Eridu

Jan 23, 2018
Absolutely loving the game - thank you!! Here's a suggestion that I think would be fun. On Day 13 where Morty says "I need to find that toad again", how about a mini-game where Morty has to spot the toad somewhere hiding in the room. It could be kinda hard to spot. When he grabs it it escapes and hides in a different room. After 4 or 5 escapes he finally catches it.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Absolutely loving the game - thank you!! Here's a suggestion that I think would be fun. On Day 13 where Morty says "I need to find that toad again", how about a mini-game where Morty has to spot the toad somewhere hiding in the room. It could be kinda hard to spot. When he grabs it it escapes and hides in a different room. After 4 or 5 escapes he finally catches it.
Glad you're enjoying the game! Thanks for the suggestion, however, I have no intention of putting minigames into this.

MAN-X

Mar 19, 2022
Hey fellow peps, so I've been trying to see where I can download the full game. Does anyone have a link or site I can find?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Alright cool, and most of the updates once I've download will be present on there? Basically like after I'm done with chapter one etc?
Depends on the game, how the dev make them, and what mods post things. For this game (and the Unity version), the link contain the full game, including all previous content updates. All the links to this game (except for the Uncompressed Image patch) are the full game up to current content.

Reactions: MAN-X

MAN-X

Mar 19, 2022
Depends on the game, how the dev make them, and what mods post things. For this game (and the Unity version), the link contain the full game, including all previous content updates. All the links to this game (except for the Uncompressed Image patch) are the full game up to current content.
Gotcha, gotcha. And which link that has the official game with everything is best used for a MacBook?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Gotcha, gotcha. And which link that has the official game with everything is best used for a MacBook?
For this game, there are two versions: this one (Another Way Home) made by me and done in Ren'py as a remake of the original (A Way Back Home) made in Unity by Ferdafs. The links should be labeled for which platform they are for (Windows/Linux/Mac/Android).

MAN-X

Mar 19, 2022
For this game, there are two versions: this one (Another Way Home) made by me and done in Ren'py as a remake of the original (A Way Back Home) made in Unity by Ferdafs. The links should be labeled for which platform they are for (Windows/Linux/Mac/Android).
Ohhh so your the one who made the game, first off love what I've seen from it. And secondly no matter which one I download, there all the same Version? Which includes the relationship between Morty and Beth?

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Ohhh so your the one who made the game, first off love what I've seen from it. And secondly no matter which one I download, there all the same Version? Which includes the relationship between Morty and Beth?
This game (the Renpy remake) is not the same as the Unity game. They are similar, but many things have been changed or added. Both games Morty has a relationship with Beth. I have an FAQ in the first post, if you have more questions about this version, I'd say start there. But the main difference is that this version doesn't have the wandering mechanic to find the story.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes