arms99

May 11, 2018
Hey Night Mirror, just wanted to let you know there's a scene missing in Tricia's replay gallery, the first anal scene in school bathroom isn't there.

ps. thanks for all your hard work.

Reactions: Night Mirror

mav99

Jun 8, 2020
Mate, can you update this? Original is 3.1 now please?
hey buddy try not to be so lazy and plus its rude to the man who did this great work I mean he gives a full status update 3 posts above yours for Gods sake and you ask him to update it? Btw Night Mirror you a star bro just killer work I love the show and now this game and hadn't even tried this game till I saw your conversion now just debating whether to give the unity one a try and since I am still pretty new to these games is there anything cut from original that couldn't be converted or just out of editorial guise?

cartman6x6

Oct 18, 2018
a curiosy, how you can see the animation without looking this in the game? too i liked know how you can found the new content without required of looking all the aready content of game, why i liked share the new content CG and animation to a friend artist and of no use other program for taked capture of screenshots of game

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
hey buddy try not to be so lazy and plus its rude to the man who did this great work I mean he gives a full status update 3 posts above yours for Gods sake and you ask him to update it? Btw Night Mirror you a star bro just killer work I love the show and now this game and hadn't even tried this game till I saw your conversion now just debating whether to give the unity one a try and since I am still pretty new to these games is there anything cut from original that couldn't be converted or just out of editorial guise?
Dude I disn't mean it lile that. Sorry if it displeases you.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
... is there anything cut from original that couldn't be converted or just out of editorial guise?
I tried to include as much from the original as I could. While it isn't 1-to-1 (this is a remake, not a port), I'm pretty sure I got most major sequences from the Unity game. That being said, I did also change a lot of things (especially early on). Mostly it's dialogue that's different. The two biggest changes are that 1) Morty uses family names a lot more, in the unity version he almost always calls his mom Beth. Also he never thinks of Morticia as his sister, while its an option to do so in this game. 2) I also tried to have Morty be more into having sex with family, while in the unity version he is always very resistant or degusted by it and it's only because of "points" that he ever does.

a curiosy, how you can see the animation without looking this in the game? too i liked know how you can found the new content without required of looking all the aready content of game, why i liked share the new content CG and animation to a friend artist and of no use other program for taked capture of screenshots of game
Right, I think you're asking how I got the art and animation from the Unity version? I used AssetStuido to unpack all the Texture2D files (then sorted out the new images from the 7000+ files). Animation in the unity game are done via an API called Live2D so they are just texture files on export, not animations. To get the animations, I'm just doing a screen record (windows key + G in windows 10) and looping them as webm files.

Extracted and looking through... Is it just me and it gets better when you open the files, or is this game incredibly badly structured?
The unity game is a bit of a mess from what I can see, most likely why it has so many issues. It's not the worst I've ever seen but it could do with some clean up for sure. That being said, I usually just set it to Texture2D and extract everything, then let the sorting fun for images begin!

I'm confuse. So this is not a adventure like the original but a choice-type game?
This is not a port, it is a remake. The sandbox (which doesn't work that well in the original) has been removed in the renpy version. You can think of this game more like a very fancy image gallery with some viewing options.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I realize it is a lot of work and time to add content to your version. That being said I look forward to your take the stuff Ferdaf added.
There won't be a lot of additions to the new content, mostly it's bumpers (to lead in or out of scenes), some light "animation" for static shots, and some dialogue reworks to get things to fit together (and match more with the altered tone I'm going for). I do have one "choice" dialogue (planned but not yet written) for one of the scenes, but it's minor. I haven't started on Scene 3 yet, so there might be more there, but during my initial playthrough and review I didn't see space for a lot of extras (at least for now).

However, during the downtime between Unity updates (usually its 2 months, but I posted in the middle of a cycle here so it was WAY shorter this time around). I do plan to go back and expand some past scenes with more "choice" for actions and endings.

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
There won't be a lot of additions to the new content, mostly it's bumpers (to lead in or out of scenes), some light "animation" for static shots, and some dialogue reworks to get things to fit together (and match more with the altered tone I'm going for). I do have one "choice" dialogue (planned but not yet written) for one of the scenes, but it's minor. I haven't started on Scene 3 yet, so there might be more there, but during my initial playthrough and review I didn't see space for a lot of extras (at least for now).

However, during the downtime between Unity updates (usually its 2 months, but I posted in the middle of a cycle here so it was WAY shorter this time around). I do plan to go back and expand some past scenes with more "choice" for actions and endings.
I commented on how I wanted an update and another guy made me realise how Bad that was. Sorry man.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I commented on how I wanted an update and another guy made me realise how Bad that was. Sorry man.
Don't fret too much over it. I know not every posts gets read and it's easy to miss the obvious sometimes. People asking for the update are just eager to play the game, which is a good thing imo.

It does take time to make and not everyone is aware of what's involved or how long those steps take. I can't exactly just push a button and have everything done, as cool as that would be. I get the Unity content when everyone else does (from this very site in fact), and it is a very involved process to bring that content over into renpy (which is probably why you don't see that many ports of unity games). I can automate parts of it to make the process faster (like using a script to get the dialogue as opposed to typing it all out by hand), but the final assembly is line-by-line authoring, and that just takes a lot of time.

For example, I spent just over 9 hours today working on Scene 2 (and I'm still working on it right now in fact), about 500ish lines of dialogue and 200ish images. Tomorrow I'm gonna start in on Scene 3, which is like 500 images and 1300ish lines of dialogue. I think it will take 2 days to complete.

Posting goal is still Wednesday or Thursday of this next week.

J2400

Aug 27, 2018
The unity game is a bit of a mess from what I can see, most likely why it has so many issues. It's not the worst I've ever seen but it could do with some clean up for sure. That being said, I usually just set it to Texture2D and extract everything, then let the sorting fun for images begin!
Major props for doing this work though.

Misterafro

Nov 2, 2019
I am very thankful for you to be making this fan remake. Can't install that UNITY version on my phone so I got really pissed. At first I thought that this remake of yours was the same but when i installed it it wasn't. Really need to read the info's next time.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes