strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Im seeing that ferdafs back and that now the updates for this game are moving back to following ferdafs unity version?
ferdafs is kinda back.

One update after nine months with a single scene doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

If ferdafs can get another two updates out on his old update schedule I'll feel better and will happily resub.
But I'd keep your expectations tempered in the mean time.
We've all been hurt before =(

GonFreecss405

Aug 10, 2022
ferdafs is kinda back.

One update after nine months with a single scene doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.

If ferdafs can get another two updates out on his old update schedule I'll feel better and will happily resub.
But I'd keep your expectations tempered in the mean time.
We've all been hurt before =(
im not worried either way if the game gets an ending from night mirror or ferdaf makes more updates as long as something good ends the game

SteamedHams187

Dec 6, 2023
Something tells me there is a possibility that there will be a scene involving Jessica making out with her Unity analog, in the future...

danishfrost

Jul 1, 2021
if what i read here is true and ferdafs spend 9 month and only got 1 scene of content then its in a way even worse then GZone cause at least they usually get more then 1 scene. if you wanna play a game with consistency try project possible from leroy2012 on patreon. I look forward to what nightmirror puts out and hope its soon

SilentType

Sep 8, 2023
Good update, the ferdafs content was merged in well. The original art for AWH is good, but has some quality issues. As an artist, I could send over a list of discrepancies or problems if that would help or be of any interest to you Night Mirror . Some of it reminds me of the earlier art, before ferdafs figured out how to make the proportions look right.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
So I guess r3.9 is it for the Alternative ending, and until Ferdafs finish his game or fall off the radar again this alternate ending is now put on hold?
The short answer is I don't know yet. For now it is on hold, it may resume with future updates, but I won't release ending parts on their own anymore (unless Ferdafs vanishes again).

I don't like replaying but the really annoying part was not being able to skip already seen content.
Open the Preferences menu and select "Skip Unseen" to skip over content. Renpy tracks what you see, and if I change a line, it counts that 1 line as new and halts skipping.

Regardless theres an issue, Tricia couch scene. After picking either points tracker choice in the car the decision to keep/change AltSummers name has neither selected which leads to the error below, I think.

View attachment 3389347
I cannot reproduce this issue. The name change is only selectable if wild Summer's name is different. Use the edit button on the Do Over menu to change her name to something not "summer" for this option to become available.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/story/day_0039.rpy", line 5701, in script
    t "You wanna invite [mcs.sum_wild.n.your][mcs.sum_wild.n.other][mcs.sum_wild.n.sister][mcs.sum_wild.n.sum_wild] to join us?"
AttributeError: 'Name_State' object has no attribute 'other'
I'm not sure what causes this to happen sometimes, but the fix is to go to Wild Summer's Do Over page, and toggle incest setting (back and forth), this should correctly reset her name state.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/story/day_0036.rpy", line 4446, in script
    if mcs.morti.events["sleep"].sex:
  File "game/scripts/story/day_0036.rpy", line 4446, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'events'
After the Morticia/sleeping Summer sex scene.
Huh, that's a weird typo, not sure how it got through without coming up until now. I've fixed it for the next update.

Two options for now: 1) hit ignore on the error, or 2) open up "/game/scripts/story/day_0036.rpy", scroll down to line 4446 or do a search for:
Python:
and change the line to (adding the missing ".t"):
Python:
    if mcs.morti.t.events["sleep"].sex:
Thanks for the find!

Hi night mirror, how does this new update work, does it have scenes from the new release of the game's creator or stories and scenes from you, just like the other updates. or it's all mixed with scenes from you and the original game.
This update contains the new content from the Unity game (3.9) and the new "conclusion" content from me (originally called Part 5 (which was the second half of Part 4 that got too big and had to be split into it's own update)). Check out the Day Selector Page, and choose r3.9 at the top to see where the new content was added in this update (click the "new" banner to jump right to it) or head over to Mind Blowers and select Morty to see just the new scenes.

if what i read here is true and ferdafs spend 9 month and only got 1 scene of content then its in a way even worse then GZone cause at least they usually get more then 1 scene. if you wanna play a game with consistency try project possible from leroy2012 on patreon. I look forward to what nightmirror puts out and hope its soon
The short version is we don't know what was going on with Ferdafs during his absence. So far, this post is the only info I have seen about it. My guess (and it is just a guess because, we don't know until he tells us otherwise) is that he wasn't working on 1 scene for 9 months, he was dealing with something else, and most likely working on the scene for a small part of that time.

I'm hoping we go back to the normal 3 month cycle (or even the original 2 month cycle), but one update from him does not a pattern make, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Good update, the ferdafs content was merged in well. The original art for AWH is good, but has some quality issues. As an artist, I could send over a list of discrepancies or problems if that would help or be of any interest to you Night Mirror . Some of it reminds me of the earlier art, before ferdafs figured out how to make the proportions look right.
I have tried all my life to improve my art, and the simple truth is that I've never really gotten any better at it. I'm just not a good artist. It isn't a skill set I have been able to improve, no matter how much time I spend on it.

I'm under no illusion that the stuff I'm making is "good". The vast, VAST majority of it is just traces with different heads, or slight pose adjustments. Again, I never set out with the intent to draw my own stuff. Part of what really appealed to me about this project was that I wouldn't have to draw things... which has failed miserably.

Feel free to send corrections if you like, knowing what mistakes there are might indeed help, but I can't promise I will have the motivation (or ability) to correct them.

DataEast3

Dec 19, 2023
You know, I don't normally write on forums but I've been quite engaged in this game and even more by Night Mirror's Renpy version, it's easier to follow the storyline in this one than Ferdafs. In fact I've found myself more invested in this than in the actual Rick & Morty show which I stopped following after Mr. Nimbus, since this game actually goes somewhere and at last gives Morty some wins and happiness that he really deserves, lol.

For all I care this is the main canon to me.

Last edited:

kentastic

Aug 7, 2021
im loving this game. its smart and funny and the art work rocks. the story if fresh and original. its easy to navigate and seems more stable than the ferdaf's version. ferdaf's always locked up or crashed after playing it for a while. this one is much more stable. i hope you guys continue it and not just wrap it up for a finish. the game has a lot of potential for more updates of content. well done. 5 out of 5.

Reactions: Night Mirror

SilentType

Sep 8, 2023
I have tried all my life to improve my art, and the simple truth is that I've never really gotten any better at it. I'm just not a good artist. It isn't a skill set I have been able to improve, no matter how much time I spend on it.

I'm under no illusion that the stuff I'm making is "good". The vast, VAST majority of it is just traces with different heads, or slight pose adjustments. Again, I never set out with the intent to draw my own stuff. Part of what really appealed to me about this project was that I wouldn't have to draw things... which has failed miserably.

Feel free to send corrections if you like, knowing what mistakes there are might indeed help, but I can't promise I will have the motivation (or ability) to correct them.
This a very admirable response. Honestly if you're not an artist I'm impressed with what you've made. I'll compile some notes and see if they're of any use to you. Thanks.

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
This update contains the new content from the Unity game (3.9) and the new "conclusion" content from me (originally called Part 5 (which was the second half of Part 4 that got too big and had to be split into it's own update)). Check out the Day Selector Page, and choose r3.9 at the top to see where the new content was added in this update (click the "new" banner to jump right to it) or head over to Mind Blowers and select Morty to see just the new scenes.
Thanks

Hraske

Oct 24, 2022
I might be blind since i can't find an answer, so sorry in advance if this a dupe question
do the update-only patches include uncompressed images?
wanna know since if yes, then there wouldn't be a need to re-download all of the uncompressed images alongside previous versions' : P

Reactions: sev4

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I might be blind since i can't find an answer, so sorry in advance if this a dupe question
do the update-only patches include uncompressed images?
wanna know since if yes, then there wouldn't be a need to re-download all of the uncompressed images alongside previous versions' : P
The "update only" files are compressed. Only the uncompressed images patch has uncompressed images.

The whole idea of the "update only" is to be as small as possible, and the uncompressed images would make it much larger.

Be advised that for this release the uncompressed images for the new scene on day 29 also look ugly, due to a capture issue on my end (that I cannot resolve in my current production environment and will be improved in the next update).

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r4.0 (or r3.10...(or maybe r3.9 Part 2?)) - What and When?
It has been a long while since I did one of these types of posts, and honestly, I wasn't sure I ever would again. The last one was WAY back after r3.8 in May of 2023. So far I haven't seen any major game breaking bugs, so I'm gonna say~ r3.9 was a success? Yay...? Not actually sure what version number Ferdafs will go with (past experience says it would most likely be 4.0, but 3.10 is also possible, or even 3.9J or something, for now, I'll just call it r4.0).

Let's start with the "when". When is the next update? What happens next, where do things go from here? The simple answer is hopefully back to how it used to work? As before I expect the next update from Ferdafs to be roughly 3~ish months off, so maybe May? We'll just have to wait and see. A lot of how/when I proceed hinges on what Ferdafs does (or doesn't).

Onto the what. Starting with the elephant in the room, the ending. What's going to happen to it? As I've said previously, at the moment it is "on hold". It isn't being removed, or massively changed, turned into a Mind Blower only, nor is it being actively worked on. I may keep working on it as i have time (and if I feel motivated), but right now I'm undecided when more of it will go into the game.

I am planning to "move" the conclusion for the next update. This means that everything from Space Beth flying the kids to school on wards will be shifted onto it's own "floating" day that I can adjust as needed to fit in new scenes. I'll do my best to keep it as intact as possible, but minor adjustments will be needed. Hopefully, saves shouldn't be impacted as I'm not planning to move code, or files, just change the flow.

Outside of that, I have no plans for additional content from me right now.

I am also planning to re-capture both images and video from this update. At the moment, I'm in a more limited production environment, and for whatever reason, the captures just look like crap. Hopefully, once I'm back in my main system, I'll be able to improve the quality.

Anyhow, that's all I have for the moment, we have to wait and see if more content is on the way (I hope it is). As always, thanks for being awesome!

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 99 Votes