Davner

Jan 30, 2018
Only real thing I see a problem with in this game is when you don't have sex with Morticia the first few times. I like all the extra options and dialogue. Very in character. But the game acting like they did have sex even though it didn't happen in a save is a little immersion breaking. Especially when it isn't presented as a skip, but as a different ending to the scene. The following scenes, in my opinion, should reflect that. Like if someone wanted to follow the original way the events played out.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vilewe7570

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Only real thing I see a problem with in this game is when you don't have sex with Morticia the first few times. I like all the extra options and dialogue. Very in character. But the game acting like they did have sex even though it didn't happen in a save is a little immersion breaking. Especially when it isn't presented as a skip, but as a different ending to the scene. The following scenes, in my opinion, should reflect that. Like if someone wanted to follow the original way the events played out.
I haven't replayed the early game in a long while. What specific scenes do you see an issue with?

aaronminus

Oct 13, 2021
I haven't replayed the early game in a long while. What specific scenes do you see an issue with?
Only two problem scenes:
1. If you don't have sex with Morticia in "Ballfondlers" and "In the Closet", "Time to talk" doesn't reflect this.
2. If you continue your celibacy streak through "Foot fuck", "Cowgirl" doesn't reflect this. ("Cowgirl" is the first unavoidable penetrative sex with Morticia, so the issue ends here.)
(Fun fact, first time Morty unavoidably has sex in general is in "Frank's Mom", so technically, if you try hard enough... Morty can unceremoniously lose his virginity to Kitty :LOL: )

Delfine23

Jun 15, 2023
Thank you (M/N)ightMirror for your answer. It was an interesting read and confirmed, that I didn't know anything. I expected you to do some technical stuff yes but I did not imagine in my weirdest dreams that you had released your own software you use for the game on this website. The whole process sounds painfully slow and tedious, I can slowly start to realize how much effort you put into this. Again, thank you!
You too Aaron. I did not think you had this much artistic freedom but also responsibility in getting an update out. I appreciate your long answer. Especially your comment about how certain characters might react, what they like or are good at, gave me an understanding of how much you must know about each character.

To both of you, bravo :)

PS: I don't want to seem like an ass kisser with this message. I was genuinely interested in your process and am thankfull for you answers.

Last edited:

Davner

Jan 30, 2018
Only two problem scenes:
1. If you don't have sex with Morticia in "Ballfondlers" and "In the Closet", "Time to talk" doesn't reflect this.
2. If you continue your celibacy streak through "Foot fuck", "Cowgirl" doesn't reflect this. ("Cowgirl" is the first unavoidable penetrative sex with Morticia, so the issue ends here.)
(Fun fact, first time Morty unavoidably has sex in general is in "Frank's Mom", so technically, if you try hard enough... Morty can unceremoniously lose his virginity to Kitty :LOL: )
Yeah that's basically what I meant. It's not an issue really, but in my opinion would help be better to account for these decisions.

Reactions: Night Mirror

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Doesn't this game explicitly tells you, repeatedly, that while scenes are all skipable.
For most of them it is only skipping watching it and it still happens. you just didn't see it.
This is due to the scenes being mandatory in the original game. and the renpy adaptation only added a skip button rather than rewriting the dialog to make it truly avoidable.

Only a few scenes are truly avoidable entirely.
Where refusing to do the scene actually changes the plot to note you didn't do it.

Note that I am not talking about making choice A vs choice B in a scene (eg: rape vs seduce). I am talking about "didn't happen at all"

Just informing here, not trying to argue against making the skip into proper avoids.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Yeah that's basically what I meant. It's not an issue really, but in my opinion would help be better to account for these decisions.
Realistically, the resolution here isn't a correction from me any time soon. Is it a plot hole? Yep. Is it something that should be looked at and fixed? Again, also yes. But, is it something I have the time and drive to do right now over other work? No, not really.

It doesn't mean it won't ever get attention, just not in the foreseeable future.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Speaking hypothetically about opening a large can of worms.

In cases like this when there's a bit of continuity errors, would you accept patches ?
Sure, it could be submitted as a contribution (have details on how that works in this post) if you want it to become part of the main game file (and would be subject to review, revisions, and or possible rejection based on content).

Or it could be posted as a standalone mod (which (obviously) doesn't need approval from me).

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Why can't Ferdafs just be a good person and get in contact with you :(
I mean, I've never reached out to Ferdafs either... I'm just some person using his assets and script to remake his project, and change his things. But, even if Ferdafs did reach out to me, I think it's very unlikely we would ever work directly together (on this project). From the FAQ are the reasons why:

Will you ever team up with Ferdafs?
Short answer, no. Longer answer also probably no. As strange as this may sound, the two games are not really compatible. This is mainly down to two major things. First is the wandering mechanic used in the original game. I'm... not a fan, to be as nice as I can about it, and I think this style inherently hurts the game instead of helping it, so I'm 100% unwilling to reverse course and add it in. Second, is that I have leaned heavily into some themes (incest) that pateron frowns on. And again, I'm unwilling to censor my work.

On top of all that, I'm doing this project for fun, and free. Getting paid for it changing both the expectations and my enjoyment.

Plus, I'm not sure how much people would get out of something like this, it would be a very different dynamic working under someone as opposed to the level of control and communication I current have.

Wise007

Aug 21, 2019
However, it's primarily due to this site that his project has maintained a level of interest. The fact that NightMirror does this conversion for free to highlight ferdafs' work should be worthy of something (even baseline input).

I only don't see that happening because I don't see ferdafs communicating with even his patrons about basic things like release schedules.

Take this project out and the game wouldn't have had any interest behind it (likely meaning no return of ferdafs).

Reactions: Konjihugugu1

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Because he wants to get moneys from his game and this a site for pirates. Not saying its bad just fact
However, it's primarily due to this site that his project has maintained a level of interest. The fact that NightMirror does this conversion for free to highlight ferdafs' work should be worthy of something (even baseline input).

I only don't see that happening because I don't see ferdafs communicating with even his patrons about basic things like release schedules.

Take this project out and the game wouldn't have had any interest behind it (likely meaning no return of ferdafs).
It's hard to say if this game has helped bring subs to Ferdafs or not. His sub numbers aren't public and I don't think he's ever said anything about it on pateron. I hope it has? It is one (of many) reasons I don't accept monetary compensation for this project, and encourage people to support Ferdafs instead.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes