Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
This update really feels like it was made for me, but maybe not in the way you might think?

I've done all kinds of tomfuckery to this game, with rewrites, edits, and additions. One of the things I've added more of are hugs and kisses (with... not the best art, I'll fix as much of it as I can when I stop sucking at it (so, probably never)). It always felt like that closeness was missing. Morty is fucking everyone around him but not really loving them, and that bothered me (says the dev that put in rape options). Heck, the only kisses he has in the Unity game is with Summer in the movies, "pretending" to make out with her, and when Beth mistakes him for Jerry! And I guess a kiss or two on the cheek but that doesn't really count.

But wow, this update, the Wild Summer scene in particular is one long make out session with a ton of kissing. The Tricia scene also has a long kissing moment. And for a game where that mostly hasn't happened before, and it's something I've tried to add in, that feels like a very deliberate inclusion.

Taken on it's own, that's just a coincidence. But also a choice to finish inside or pull out, which we have NEVER had in the Unity game and is a major thing I added throughout the Ren'py remake. And a sort of Do Over-esk screen (The 4th Dimension) where you can go to past quests (although I couldn't get it to work).

It feels to me like Ferdafs is at least aware of my game (I'm sure people must have harassed them about it by now at the very least), and maybe even liked some parts? I'm probably reading too much into things, anyhow, back to work on the update!

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
This update really feels like it was made for me, but maybe not in the way you might think?

I've done all kinds of tomfuckery to this game, with rewrites, edits, and additions. One of the things I've added more of are hugs and kisses (with... not the best art, I'll fix as much of it as I can when I stop sucking at it (so, probably never)). It always felt like that closeness was missing. Morty is fucking everyone around him but not really loving them, and that bothered me (says the dev that put in rape options). Heck, the only kisses he has in the Unity game is with Summer in the movies, "pretending" to make out with her, and when Beth mistakes him for Jerry! And I guess a kiss or two on the cheek but that doesn't really count.

But wow, this update, the Wild Summer scene in particular is one long make out session with a ton of kissing. The Tricia scene also has a long kissing moment. And for a game where that mostly hasn't happened before, and it's something I've tried to add in, that feels like a very deliberate inclusion.

Taken on it's own, that's just a coincidence. But also a choice to finish inside or pull out, which we have NEVER had in the Unity game and is a major thing I added throughout the Ren'py remake. And a sort of Do Over-esk screen (The 4th Dimension) where you can go to past quests (although I couldn't get it to work).

It feels to me like Ferdafs is at least aware of my game (I'm sure people must have harassed them about it by now at the very least), and maybe even liked some parts? I'm probably reading too much into things, anyhow, back to work on the update!
I got the same feeling while playing the update, especially the choice offered during the feral Summer scene. Ferdaf must be aware or your version, and has taken onboard at least one aspect of it. Which is nice.

FYI, my back is fucked at the moment. I've pulled a muscle in my lower back a couple of days ago, which is making sitting at my pc for any length of time quite painful. With luck, I'll recover quickly and be able to finish the Morticia hug in time to add it to your update, but I might struggle if my back doesn't heal quickly.

P.S. I know that everyone else is referring to her as "wild" Summer, but I prefer "feral". It sounds better and is more accurate, i.e. something that was domesticated but has turned wild. I also wonder, how the characters would deal with having two Summers in the house. They would have to come up with some name (difference) to avoid confusion.

ReaperMania

Aug 8, 2020

Nice :)
I still think Wild Summer should be "punished" with a spanking as well as rewarded with kisses haha

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayboiHotshot69

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Just wanted to add, I feel the same about kissing. It is a sexual intimacy that has been lacking so far. Beth's accidental snog was hot, and I'd love her to do it properly, i.e. not an accident. So, yea it was nice to have it included in the new Tricia and feral Summer scenes.

Reactions: PlayboiHotshot69

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
P.S. I know that everyone else is referring to her as "wild" Summer, but I prefer "feral". It sounds better and is more accurate, i.e. something that was domesticated but has turned wild. I also wonder, how the characters would deal with having two Summers in the house. They would have to come up with some name (difference) to avoid confusion.
The reason at least I'm calling her Wild Summer (when talking about her on the forums, nothing to do with the game) is to match the image file names from the Unity version.

Do you think any of the new content will be placed on earlier days or all from where the last update left off?
All of the new events from Ferdafs are on new days. Almost all of my additions are in past days, but they are mostly alternate choices for existing scenes that have very small or no dialogue impacts (so you don't NEED to play them).

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
While I work away on the update, I thought I'd put a question out there about the animations. I've seen some complaints (in the Unity thread) about the way the animations look. And, I'm not sure if it's a real issue or people hating on the game because it's the internet.

I've spent a bit of time watching, re-watching, and comparing the animations used in ren'py and the Unity version. Other than some less vibrant colors (compression will do that) I can't see anything I would call noticeably bad, outside of a few specific animations that I know I need to recapture/redo at some point. In a lot of cases, I couldn't see a difference at all until I screen capped them and ran an actual difference filter on the images.

I'm using webm captured at 1080p@30fps for ren'py. Unity runs its animations at 1080p@30fps in engine using the Real2D api.

If you've had an issue with animations I'd love to get some examples of the problem and maybe I can improve them?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
More hypnofrog content?
Nope. I'm not sure if we will ever make it back around to hypno-tortious, I mean truth-frog, I mean mattress delivery...

There are a lot of plotlines Ferdafs has unresolved, and while I plan to bring over new content from the unity version, I'm not really planning to expanding on any "live" plotlines. Also, my ability to do new scenes is very limited. So it's very dependent on what gets added to that game.

Last edited:

nemlehet

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2017
While I work away on the update, I thought I'd put a question out there about the animations. I've seen some complaints (in the Unity thread) about the way the animations look. And, I'm not sure if it's a real issue or people hating on the game because it's the internet.

I've spent a bit of time watching, re-watching, and comparing the animations used in ren'py and the Unity version. Other than some less vibrant colors (compression will do that) I can't see anything I would call noticeably bad, outside of a few specific animations that I know I need to recapture/redo at some point. In a lot of cases, I couldn't see a difference at all until I screen capped them and ran an actual difference filter on the images.

I'm using webm captured at 1080p@30fps for ren'py. Unity runs its animations at 1080p@30fps in engine using the Real2D api.

If you've had an issue with animations I'd love to get some examples of the problem and maybe I can improve them?
I'm not sure what they are talking about. I didnt notice anything when I played. In fact your version is sometimes outright better, the unity version tends to lag, the renpy runs absolutely fine. Maybe its an issue on their side? (old webm codec?)

Also read the thread and there are some real salty comments which feels like hating on your project for the sake of hating on it.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018

If Ferdafs isn't aware of the remake, he should be. Thanks to both of you for the effort. I hesitated to try either version for a long time (i figured it wouldn't be up to the Rick and Morty standard/ I was wrong). So when I finally broke down and tried your version (to avoid sandbox primarily), I found so much here to love. Incredible for fans of Rick and Morty or anyone really. Epic. God I wish someone would give Archer a parody of this quality.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
I just did a comparison, and I see no difference. Here is a desktop video capture of both of them running side by side, Ferdafs on the left and Night Mirror's on the right ...

Kemal Ataturk

Dec 23, 2019
THIS! is how the game should have been. Amazing work, waiting for the new update

btw does anyone have a proper walkthrough guide? The one on the original thread is a mess

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
THIS! is how the game should have been. Amazing work, waiting for the new update

btw does anyone have a proper walkthrough guide? The one on the original thread is a mess
Glad you're enjoying it, update is getting closer (about halfway through the last scene now).

You shouldn't really need a walk through for the renpy version. This isn't a branching game, there are no wrong choices, and with spoilers on the "skip menus" will tell what content to expect in each choice.

sirviper235

Apr 21, 2017
Glad you're enjoying it, update is getting closer (about halfway through the last scene now).

You shouldn't really need a walk through for the renpy version. This isn't a branching game, there are no wrong choices, and with spoilers on the "skip menus" will tell what content to expect in each choice.
QUestion, do you take ideas? I have one that i offerd to the creator but i don't know if he's still going to use it.

4.90 star(s) 99 Votes