Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Any difference between love and lust?
I don't recall how those two variable types are utilized in this game. Just about every potential LI has both variables. Usually, the lust points are used to signify sexual attraction, as opposed to, say approval or friendship.

In other games, the lust points are used to corrupt girls. I don't believe that's the case for this game, though. I don't sense much in the line of a corruption fetish in this game.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I know I'm a bit late, but finally playing version 4.6. Very disappointed in the nerfing of Skylar's scenes. The sex scene on her lunch break was one of my favorite scenes in any VN ever. I understand the dev needed to slow the tempo a bit, but that one hurt.

Also, I haven't had any issues with the animations, and I'm running an ancient 4790k. Is that only in 5.0, or anything after 4.5?
If you need the scenes for future reference (or spanks), look for a post I made last night - leads to a PH account where playthroughs of this game can be found - I think it is #17 in that list.

Reactions: Draver1

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I don't recall how those two variable types are utilized in this game. Just about every potential LI has both variables. Usually, the lust points are used to signify sexual attraction, as opposed to, say approval or friendship.

In other games, the lust points are used to corrupt girls. I don't believe that's the case for this game, though. I don't sense much in the line of a corruption fetish in this game.
Although there are the two instances (Riley and the plant owner) where there is an "aggressive" mode (that I can't remember the name of now). I don't think it really does anything on the "points" scale too much, but I suspect it has implications for the ongoing relationship/future interactions with those characters at the very least.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
If you need the scenes for future reference (or spanks), look for a post I made last night - leads to a PH account where playthroughs of this game can be found - I think it is #17 in that list.
I still have a pre remake copy of the game, but was just disappointed when I got to that scene in my new playthrough. But, thanks for the option!

Reactions: Son of Durin

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Just wondering btw, after the scene with Alyssa in her bedroom, shouldn't you being in her route on the phone? I recall being on other characters route for a lot less.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That's how I discovered my first AVN. A walkthrough of Summertime Saga on PH.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
That's how I discovered my first AVN. A walkthrough of Summertime Saga on PH.
Now that's a name I didn't hear for a very long time. I even recall years ago being on his stream and giving ideas for art on the comments. The community in general was nice.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
One of the best VN's I've ever played. Great animations compared to most vn's I've played which are just a bunch of 2 different slides. I didn't play the original so can't compare the slow burn of the new one.

And pizza with pineapple is very delicious.

itfod

Apr 16, 2021
Okay, weird issue with one of the secret scenes - I'm not able click on the playstation control in the garage...

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Saves before the ep1 rework won't work. If the save is from the rework, it should work fine. If your save from the rework won't load, post the error for me please. Thanks.
Yeah it's fine with old saves, only new ones that aren't working although my latest ones now are again.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1049, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 4252, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1175, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1175, in event
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 743, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1399, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1064, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 999, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/rollback.py", line 1078, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/rollback.py", line 889, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "/Users/samson/untitled folder/Games/Ripples.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/rollback.py", line 807, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Ripples 0.5.0
Sun Apr  9 02:30:14 2023

4.80 star(s) 296 Votes