DmiRun

May 24, 2017
Oh god, I just turned on the game for the first time after playing some rhythm shooters. The game turned on at the background and from sound of it I was sure I booted up DESYNC. Intro recommendation for headphones and epilepsy warning made the comparison even funnier
True adult swim's game experience

Saladassasin

Jun 7, 2021
All of them is MC daughters right?? It's hint so strongly that even a blind man could see it. Man what a game, the only bad thing I have to say to this game is how every model look like a barbie girl with only hairstyle got change, and animation that could not skip, apart from these problem, the game are amazing and the story really intriguing. 8.5/10 GG

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
All of them is MC daughters right?? It's hint so strongly that even a blind man could see it. Man what a game, the only bad thing I have to say to this game is how every model look like a barbie girl with only hairstyle got change, and animation that could not skip, apart from these problem, the game are amazing and the story really intriguing. 8.5/10 GG
It would seem unlikely to me. Since the player starts the game with all the girls already in existence before the MC even travels back to1999, initially. They'd already had been born so he couldn't be impregnating their mothers as he travels back in time. He would have had to impregnate the moms before traveling back in time.

This might only work if you, the player, are starting the game in the middle of the story where events have already happened which you would know as the MC because he remembers everything when he returns to his present time. So that idea is kinda iffy and wouldn't work, especially since the man in the mask didn't anticipate you traveling back in time and tells you to never come back to the plant. Seems he should know how it was going to play out and that you would need to return numerous times to get everyone pregnant otherwise the player's initial start in the story would not exist.

Saladassasin

Jun 7, 2021
It would seem unlikely to me. Since the player starts the game with all the girls already in existence before the MC even travels back to1999, initially. They'd already had been born so he couldn't be impregnating their mothers as he travels back in time. He would have had to impregnate the moms before traveling back in time.

This might only work if you, the player, are starting the game in the middle of the story where events have already happened which you would know as the MC because he remembers everything when he returns to his present time. So that idea is kinda iffy and wouldn't work, especially since the man in the mask didn't anticipate you traveling back in time and tells you to never come back to the plant. Seems he should know how it was going to play out and that you would need to return numerous times to get everyone pregnant otherwise the player's initial start in the story would not exist.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I recall. That just reaffirms my opinion of the time travel being very illogical with a future event as having already happened so you, the player, are basically in the middle of a story that has already taken place. He should know all this since he remembers when he returns to the present day. Since it has happened already (the photo) why doesn't he remember it?

As a caveat, I like the game . It is fun and the characters and the adult stuff is well done. Just the story or at least the speculation that everyone is the MC's children and he's his own dad, stuff like that, is really poor time travel concept that pushes the suspension of disbelief for me. I like that it tries to make a good story otherwise, which is rare in these kinds of VNs.

Last edited:

shucia

Jan 3, 2019
I recall. That just reaffirms my opinion of the time travel being very illogical with a future event as having already happened so you, the player, are basically in the middle of a story that has already taken place. He should know all this since he remembers when he returns to the present day. Since it has happened already (the photo) why doesn't he remember it?

As a caveat, I like the game . It is fun and the characters and the adult stuff is well done. Just the story or at least the speculation that everyone is the MC's children and he's his own dad, stuff like that, is really poor time travel concept that pushes the suspension of disbelief for me. I like that it tries to make a good story otherwise, which is rare in these kinds of VNs.
That concept isnt new to the time travel story, Terminator franchise was like that where the father of John Connor ( the MC of the franchise ) are actually someone from the future, i dont really like or hate this concept but its possible that this game follow that path.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
That concept isnt new to the time travel story, Terminator franchise was like that where the father of John Connor ( the MC of the franchise ) are actually someone from the future, i dont really like or hate this concept but its possible that this game follow that path.
Except that was also a logical paradox that has no explanation and it was a problem with the film. Cool film, but bad time travel story.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Though if the mc is the father does that mean if you don't do the routes. Some random guy would be their father.
In a sense, yes. that's the problem with a "predestination paradox". There had to be a point of origin in the timelines where it hadn't happened. From a purely MC-centric focal point, though, he'll never actually know. Once you've jumped into the past and changed something, you can never get back to your original timeline, you're on an all new branch with deviations. Arguably, you may never be able to return even if you've only observed the past, because your original line ceases to be (for you) once you leave it. You can never see the future of your own timeline where you hadn't jumped back in time.

So, sure, originally your father may have been Steve Jobs, but after you jumped back in time and banged your mom on prom night when the two of them had their original fight, you're now your own father. But not necessarily the father of your current self. The new 'you' that gets born and grows up may be quite different.

For him (the new 'you'), however, he's always been effectively his own son, if his life follows the same path yours does. It's messy. Time travel is pretty much always a very messy concept when it comes to figuring things out. My own personal query on it is the matter of Matter itself. If I jump back in time, even if it's only a week, there's now one whole me of matter missing in the timeline I left, and extra matter in the universe/timeline where I've appeared. A hundred kilos of extra matter may not be a big deal on a universal scale, but who knows what effects it might have locally. Is there any form of quantum entanglement already going on? What happens to the "past" versions of those same molecules now that you've moved them back?

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019

That logic doesn't really work for time travels. Or better said, not all time travel stories use the same logic. It works for a Back to the Future kind of story, which it is much more linear (and simpler, to be honest) and assumes the first time the MC uses the time machine is the first time in that timeline. But for stories more complex like Dark do not have a clear beginning. For example, in Ripples (as far as I understand it) in our initial timeline, at the time you start the game, back in 1999 of that timeline the MC already went back and did all of the things we've seen, unlike in Back to the Future where in 1955 there hadn't been any Martin in the original timeline at the start of the movie. The main difference is that in Back to the Future you can change the future and in Dark (and presumably Ripples) you can't.

He doesn't remember because it's in his future. It happened for Scarlett but not yet for him.

And I'm of the opposite opinion, this kind of time travel logic can be much more mysterious and engaging than the plain more straightforward Back to the Future type (and it pains me to say it because is one of my favourite franchises ever, but it is what it is). If you want to see time travel taken to the extreme watch Primer.

In a sense, yes. that's the problem with a "predestination paradox". There had to be a point of origin in the timelines where it hadn't happened. From a purely MC-centric focal point, though, he'll never actually know. Once you've jumped into the past and changed something, you can never get back to your original timeline, you're on an all new branch with deviations. Arguably, you may never be able to return even if you've only observed the past, because your original line ceases to be (for you) once you leave it. You can never see the future of your own timeline where you hadn't jumped back in time.

So, sure, originally your father may have been Steve Jobs, but after you jumped back in time and banged your mom on prom night when the two of them had their original fight, you're now your own father. But not necessarily the father of your current self. The new 'you' that gets born and grows up may be quite different.

For him (the new 'you'), however, he's always been effectively his own son, if his life follows the same path yours does. It's messy. Time travel is pretty much always a very messy concept when it comes to figuring things out. My own personal query on it is the matter of Matter itself. If I jump back in time, even if it's only a week, there's now one whole me of matter missing in the timeline I left, and extra matter in the universe/timeline where I've appeared. A hundred kilos of extra matter may not be a big deal on a universal scale, but who knows what effects it might have locally. Is there any form of quantum entanglement already going on? What happens to the "past" versions of those same molecules now that you've moved them back?
There's a point where we must make a difference between stories where you can't change the past and those where you can. This story seems to be the first type, so if he is his own father he always was, and if he isn't he's neve been. It's not like two people can produce the exact same child, because fuck genetics then :KEK: . Not even Back to the Future did this.

On this story we can safely assume you go back to the time you left, though.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
On this story we can safely assume you go back to the time you left, though.
But can we? Note the situation with the necklace. You get different results based on whether or not you have the necklace back to the redhead. And it re-appears for you if you buried the box of goodies (likely because someone dug your box up and added it - but how did they get into the box?).

I guess it really is a question (for the game) of whether there is one singular reality and timeline, or multiple. If there is only one, then any change you make in the past should propogate forward and be a fixed point in your MCs memories, as it's what you would have grown up with in the first place.

It seems more practical that you return your original timeframe, but your original timeline is gone. We've been warned not to do certain things in the past, and that would make sense if the other people manipulating things are trying to aim at a specific timeline development.

Reactions: Elhemeer
4.80 star(s) 296 Votes