kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
People are prejudiced against VN made with Honey Select, but this game is proof that people who think like that are just closed-minded. The game's renders are beautiful and the animations are perfect, why can't other developers who use Honey Select do something like this?
100%, I just wish Honey Select would fix the MC's hair heh

Reactions: saynotoNTR

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
People are prejudiced against VN made with Honey Select, but this game is proof that people who think like that are just closed-minded. The game's renders are beautiful and the animations are perfect, why can't other developers who use Honey Select do something like this?
There are some that do, for example GIL3D from PC does an exceptional job as well. Craibdis does an amazing job with HS2, just to name two others. But as with most things: You need skill and talent to fully use it and not everybody has either let alone both.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: saynotoNTR

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
There are some that do, for example GIL3D from PC does an exceptional job as well. Craibdis does an amazing job with HS2, just to name two others. But as with most things: You need skill and talent to fully use it and not everybody has either let alone both.
Not only that, but with HS-HS2 devs can't sell their game out on major stores such as Steam or GoG (BaDiK, ORS, College King, etc.) else there would be cease and desists.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I can't say for certain if she's being "forced" as anything, everything so far is within the expected norms of these sort of games. They got pretty lovely-dovey quickly but it's established in the beginning that she's got a picture of his lad in her phone so she's hardly a blushing bride. There already is a relationship there. Games usually have an "easy" option as it were. To tide the player over with a sex scene here and there whilst the more serious relationships are played out naturally (if you shagged Darci in the first scene then I don't believe the game would be as engaging as it is) so if anything the fact you can do things with her early suggest she's actually the opposite of a main heroine. She's the side piece.
None of the girls MC has been able to bang have been "blushing brides" and in fact he's only gotten to third base with the virgins.
Anyways your point on her being a (close-knit) side-piece is a good one thanks.
I also recalled she says she's not ready for a serious commitment and then proceeds to act star-crossed lol. It's kinda funny to me because I've seen women behave that illogically IRL.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
None of the girls MC has been able to bang have been "blushing brides" and in fact he's only gotten to third base with the virgins.
Anyways your point on her being a (close-knit) side-piece is a good one thanks.
I also recalled she says she's not ready for a serious commitment and then proceeds to act star-crossed lol. It's kinda funny to me because I've seen women behave that illogically IRL.
Oh totally, I just meant with Skyler there has obviously been a bit of a chase before, done off screen as it were so we're coming into a relationship that's been cooking for a while and only needed a little push. If anything I find Skyler's relationship with the MC to be more natural than the one with Darci. The whole "we should practise on each other" idea is pretty thin and although I can appreciate Darci wanting to mask her true feelings and wishes for the MC to buy into the deception so she doesn't have to deal with questions she might not feel comfortable with, it's still a bit more of a peculiar fit between two friends than it is to be flirting with the sisters friend and have feelings develop

Reactions: Xythurr

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Oh totally, I just meant with Skyler there has obviously been a bit of a chase before, done off screen as it were so we're coming into a relationship that's been cooking for a while and only needed a little push. If anything I find Skyler's relationship with the MC to be more natural than the one with Darci. The whole "we should practise on each other" idea is pretty thin and although I can appreciate Darci wanting to mask her true feelings and wishes for the MC to buy into the deception so she doesn't have to deal with questions she might not feel comfortable with, it's still a bit more of a peculiar fit between two friends than it is to be flirting with the sisters friend and have feelings develop
Yeah he really borrowed from a Japanese anime trope with Darci. If it was accurate she should be concerned about losing MC if she doesn't make her feelings clear even though we know MC already knows she's faking it.

HPYY

Dec 5, 2023
Can anyone recommend any movies that has the same themes of Shelby and her backstory, particularly we meeting her at the restaurant part?

You know like a rich spoiled girl who bully others at school with the mean girls gang and a main character boy as well, where Later we learn she is like that because of her background: She has a wealthy dad, a stepmother and a lavishly rich lifestyle living in a upper-class neighborhood but not having real friends and any emotional support. Also, those high-class fashion clothing. I find a lot of Korean TV series in the past, and at present the Chinese TV series to have this type of story, theme and probably even Shelby's literal life story here, but I hardly can find English movies/TV series about this and I even used AI to help lol. The rich girl transforming into a humble person and getting along with the boy is much preferred than the cliché - always fall in love with the poor girl story. I like to for once see that a boy enters the rich girls' life and then her life changes to a super happy and romantic one. Maybe something like Fifty Shades reversed?

groudor

Feb 3, 2018
Can anyone recommend any movies that has the same themes of Shelby and her backstory, particularly we meeting her at the restaurant part?

You know like a rich spoiled girl who bully others at school with the mean girls gang and a main character boy as well, where Later we learn she is like that because of her background: She has a wealthy dad, a stepmother and a lavishly rich lifestyle living in a upper-class neighborhood but not having real friends and any emotional support. Also, those high-class fashion clothing. I find a lot of Korean TV series in the past, and at present the Chinese TV series to have this type of story, theme and probably even Shelby's literal life story here, but I hardly can find English movies/TV series about this and I even used AI to help lol. The rich girl transforming into a humble person and getting along with the boy is much preferred than the cliché - always fall in love with the poor girl story. I like to for once see that a boy enters the rich girls' life and then her life changes to a super happy and romantic one. Maybe something like Fifty Shades reversed?
Not a film but if you're interest in character development i can suggest you the series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" (spinoff). In both of them there is a girl named Cordelia that is presented as the classic spoiled, rich, popular girl who dominate the high school grounds and make her fun bullying other people including the protagonists (the Scooby Gang). When she got involved in a good number of paranormal dangers and was saved by the "losers" she begin to get more soft and even develop feelings of love and affections for them. Then she lost her money and became an active member of the good guys, growing like a heroine.
It's one the best series of the 90' if you ask me and all characters are very interesting

• Red Heart
Reactions: HPYY
Dec 30, 2023
Finished now all the content, very good as expected, havent played it since 0.2 but it looked it was gonna be great even after the first release. I see its inspired from that Dark show (which was also awesome), i just hope it doesnt get too complicated, didnt understood shit in season 3 there :ROFLMAO:
I updated the vp9 codecs but no dice, still most animations are choppy af, too bad i cant remember if it was the same in 0.2 for me.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Havent played this since 0.4 but oh man, no idea what the dev did but no more choppy animations on my 10 yo pc (y). I remember back then cpu was at 100% constantly with 5 fps movies lol.
It wasn't because of the dev's animations, was because of the Ren'Py version. There is a patch in the thread somewhere that completly fix that lag issue with the animations.

Reactions: SHREDDER1976

henk1

Dec 12, 2019
Well, Jestur, I finished 0.6.0 and enjoyed it a ton. This is a great game, the story is interesting, the characters are nice, and they look very attractive.
I got jump scared insanely hard by the character that appear in your room, that took the wind outta me for sure.

Very much looking forward to any new updates, and wish you all the best:)

4.80 star(s) 286 Votes