Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I thought it was a great update myself.
Wrong. Not just great. This was the best chapter of all so far.

And don't listen to such people, the Zone is full of "special kinds" who constantly whine, bitching and complain that "the dev is bad" because the devs don't make the game the way that users want.
You're not the only one. It was probably one of the most saturated episode in turms of story. It also confirmed "locked it time" concept, where if something happened in the future (2019) it cannot be changed no matter what you do in the past (1999), which is crucial for understanding plot development imo.
This is similar to "fixed points in time". If we know about an event that happened and go back in time to undo it, we lose the reason for going back in time and not doing it... the paradox loop of travel to the past. We violate cause-and-effect relationships as the main law of the universe. Of course, if our knowledge about the universe structure and time is true.

DoverDad

Formerly 'DoverUK25'
Oct 16, 2021
Just wanted to ask is this a harem game or not I tried searching but got some said yes others said no

Helfist

Jul 29, 2022
Another phenomenal update from Jestur. Seriously, just when I think the story cant possibly hook me in any more we get an update like this that gives us just enough to answer some questions while tossing in another few threads that I cannot wait to see unfold. I'll wait until the complete game is out to say for sure but this is shaping up to be one of if not the best AVNs that I've had the privilege to play.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Just wanted to ask is this a harem game or not I tried searching but got some said yes others said no
I don't know if Jestur has given a clear answer to this or not.

It plays like a harem game in that you can fuck around without consequence with the exception being Skylar vs Jessica. Those two are mutually exclusive for now. I don't know why.

There are multi girl sex scenes and several of the girls know that you are screwing around.

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
A great update overall. My main issue is that I'm not a fan of Darci, so an update that focuses heavily on her and her family isn't ideal for me. The good thing is that the Darci mom arc connects to the main story and we did get a better glimpse/tease at the tech involved in all this.

I would love for the focus to go back to the MC's family, especially his Dad (MC seems to have given on that), what happened to him and to get more info on the rival time travel factions. That said this update did connect the Darci mom story to the main story and the sex scenes were hot as fuck Scarlett especially. She is slowly challenging Skylar for the top spot.

The visual quality of the game seems to improve with each update including the action scenes.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well I noticed there are a few hidden points for harem, and polly so far (example images below).

Also, if anyone was wondering what mod I'm using....it's called the Universal Choice Descriptor mod...which it can display most info behind story choices on your screen.

Install UCD mod: Extract and copy the _mods folder into game folder. Run your exe. Also recommend using 0x52_URM tool along side this mod, which will give the user more choice info.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regards.

Last edited:

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Does the story work better with or without the MC being related to some of the girls? In most cases, it's clear the story was written with incest in mind, so the writing takes a hit when a patch isn't used.

I've put off playing this episode since the patch is no longer supported, and I was hoping the multi mod would fix that, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I was hoping I could get some opinions on how it impacts the story and writing to just drop the relations from it.
I have never used the patch and never will because i'm not into incest. I can't make a comparison between patch and no patch. What I can say is that the story and the relationships have always made sense to me. This update is no different. I never feel like i'm playing a game that is really incest in disguise.

lmh010101

Jan 30, 2024
Thank you for the update, I absolutely love this game. This latest chapter is packed with content, the music is fantastic, and the visuals are amazing—Scarlet is simply incredible. However, I feel that this update lacks a bit in terms of excitement and surprise. Overall, it seems like the content design was a bit rushed. Here are my specific thoughts:

Although "Ripples" is a harem story, the time travel element adds a sense of technology and mystery to the game. So, I was hoping that traveling back to the past would bring more adventure and excitement. At the end of the last chapter, it was mentioned that Darci’s mom was captured, which I thought was a big deal. I expected a significant adventure when going back to the past, with danger and excitement running through the main plot of Chapter 7. Instead, I found the rescue process a bit too quick and felt somewhat rushed.

Additionally, the protagonist mainly develops relationships with the girls through dialogue in this chapter. It would be great if there were more adventurous interactions between the protagonist and the female characters to build their relationships. This would make the emotional development more moving and profound. Overall, I feel that the design of this update was a bit hasty. It would be better if there were more interesting stories with the girls after traveling back in time. Even though I know there will be very intimate scenes between the protagonist and Scarlet, I hope their development process is more engaging.

Some people think the game's development is slow and urge the author to hurry up, but I don't think so. I really like the author and "Ripples," and I hope to see better works from the author. I believe that a slower story development isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the plot buildup needs to be deep and interesting. I can accept fewer sex scenes for now if it means the emotional development will be richer and more appropriate later.

The conversation between the protagonist and April was fantastic—that's one of the surprises!

English isn’t my first language, so I used a translation tool to help with my words, which might sound a bit odd. I apologize for that. Once again, thank you for your hard work and dedication in creating such an excellent piece of work. Thanks!

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
What do you mean the content isn't moving along? And confronted me about what?

Would you rather have me rush the story? The whole story for Ripples was wrote before I started episode one. I know exactly where it's going, and I don't want to rush and do a bad job. Yeah, some episodes I wrote turned out to be too big and had to broken up into two episodes. This episode being one of them. And I do have motivation to complete the story, if I'm being honest. Honey Select is very limited in the tech side and production side. I would love to move on from it. So I will be happy the day the game is completed and I can use something else.

And it's not a once a year release. I took a month off after the last release and I moved to another house and a bunch of things happened and I had trouble getting my computer room all together so I basically started development close to January. So it took me only like 7 months and we did like 2-3 of testing and proofreading.

I'm sorry it's not up to your standard, but I'm no expert at this. This is my first VN. I worked hard on this release. It's tought to make everyone happy. I'm just following my script I wrote a long long time ago. I thought it was a great update myself. It's essentially only part 1 but part 2 will come soon enough.

Well, I just wanted to clear up a few things. I read through the comments and it sounds like most people are enjoying the update. And appreciate all the kind words. It's really means a lot to me. Thank you for playing and I hope you'll all enjoy the rest of the story.
Ignore the haters Jestur my dude, Ripples is amazing (Jenny is the queen) me and most people on here and on Discord think you are great. Keep doing what you are doing. (Ofc this is not my name on Discord but I am on there)

DoverDad

Formerly 'DoverUK25'
Oct 16, 2021
Well, I noticed there are a few hidden points for harem, and polly so far (example images below).

Also, if anyone was wondering what mod I'm using....it's called the Universal Choice Descriptor mod...which it can display most info behind story choices on your screen.

Install UCD mod: Extract and copy the _mods folder into game folder. Run your exe. Also recommend using 0x52_URM tool along side this mod, which will give the user more choice info.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regards.
Do I just put the mod into the game folder I take it

Prince Vevit

Jul 5, 2021
I honestly would say so far it works better without an incest patch. Incest really doesn't make much sense in the game.
Really? Because it feels really stilted and nonsensical without it to me.

For a major example: Jessica and MC watch an anime together, The Fruit of Grisaia, and in particular, a scene involving incest between a brother and sister. Jessica goes on to ask the MC what he thinks of those type of relationships, and answering that he is okay with it is actually what starts that route. Jessica goes on to be really glad that he is okay with that type of relationship, but thinking that her mom wouldn't approve. Mc has the thought "She was thinking about relationships between roomates?". Which makes absolutely no sense. The anime relationship in question was incest, not roomates. It is also not a social taboo to be in a relationship with someone you are roomates with. This scene only makes sense if the MC and Jessica are brother and sister, giving context to Jessica's question in relation to the incest scene in the anime.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Jestur really squeezes everything out of HS2.
Ready for your mind to be blown? Ripples is made using HS1, not HS2.

The whole visual novel was made with HS1. My first update was close to being done when HS2 was released. Also, when HS2 was first released, there were hardly any mods so I decided to stick with HS1.
So yeah, talk about squeezing every ounce out of a rendering engine.

Last edited:

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Sure, that, or as a continuation of the park / their growing romantic relationship.
I also can't help wondering if Darci2 is going to get involved with the MC at some point, or since we've established that they can exist together in the same timeline, perhaps all 3 of them.
On that note, I'd be willing to bet that Darci #2's comment to Darci #1 about not being afraid refers at least partially to Darci's hinted surprise for later at the hotel, like revealing her feelings and initiating sex. Would not be surprised at all if some of her planning involved bringing lingerie.

4.80 star(s) 314 Votes