acondo

Jul 23, 2020
amazing update as always.

ended kind of fast tho... sad, since there is no way this game will get another update this year.:HideThePain:

Daisies

Jun 12, 2017
IDK if it's different on other platforms but if you're on PC you just copy-paste the new update over the old files and overwrite when necessary.
Don't even need to do that since saves are located in %appdata%, not the actual game folder. I always delete games when I'm done playing them and my saves are still there when I download the next update.

johnny2shot

Jul 20, 2019
is there anything new in this update ??? the log says it does but when i load my game all i get is an end of chapter message and fucking credits roll
Same here, didn't use the ipatch and all I get is the end of episode 6. No episode 7 starting for me. I guess I'll try to DL again.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
I'm not sure when you started playing Ripples but the release schedule for Ripples is not 'like once a year'...

Actual release schedule from EP 4 to present (per SubscribeStar) is:

Ace Tier - August 1, 2024 = Episode 7 Release Date

Ace Tier - Nov 06, 2023 = Episode 6 Release Date

Ace Tier - April 2, 2023 = Episode 5 Release Date

King+ Tier (BETA) - August 25, 2022 = Episode 1 Remaster Release Date

King Tier - January 15, 2022 = Episode 4 Release Date

Quality takes time (and with Jestur, IMO - it's certainly worth it), but Jestur has Not taken one year to create any update.

Many of us continue to enjoy the content that Jestur packs into an episode, including this rev.

You don't seem to be part of that group - which is fine since no AVN will make everyone happy.

Perhaps it is time to seek other AVNs that you feel provide more content/'free' update/your desired unit of development time (and GL with that).;)

Cheers!! :coffee:
I mean it's not quite once a year, but seems like once every 6-8 months? Which does jive with their being 7 episodes since the initial release in 2020. Narratively seems like we're still in the first act. So seems like we've got at least another 5 years to reach any sort of conclusion, if being optimistic.

It is one of my favorite games on this site. Hopefully he's able to keep it up.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
amazing update as always.

ended kind of fast tho... sad, since there is no way this game will get another update this year.:HideThePain:
Ended fast? Seriously if you think it was fast, you either hold down ctrl or you rejected a lot of girls.

May 31, 2024
Hey guys new to the game. Did a first playthrough following a Skylar's path and had a question. I did a search of the forum and saw people discussing her disappearance and returning with tattoos. If she was gone a week that is a lot of tattoing to get done in that time obviously. However, are we sure it is the same Skylar? Apologies if it was pointed out previously but during sex she mentions "Together as one again..." Makes me think this is a future version of the character and the other version might return at somepoint to do it for the first time.

Anyways, I've enjoyed the game so far. Feels a lot like 12 Monkies and a bunch of other genre shows mixed together.

Enigmafoil

Mar 1, 2019
So was this game originally incest or not? I originally was playing through without the incest patch and when I got to that scene where you and Jessica are watching anime on going on about how the characters are "Roommates" and if you think its okay for "Roommates" to have that kind of relationship I thought for sure it was originally written as incest but now I'm a little unsure.

Reactions: Norome28

Norome28

Dec 5, 2020
So was this game originally incest or not? I originally was playing through without the incest patch and when I got to that scene where you and Jessica are watching anime on going on about how the characters are "Roommates" and if you think its okay for "Roommates" to have that kind of relationship I thought for sure it was originally written as incest but now I'm a little unsure.
Yes this game has incest, I've seen it in the tags.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Hey guys new to the game. Did a first playthrough following a Skylar's path and had a question. I did a search of the forum and saw people discussing her disappearance and returning with tattoos. If she was gone a week that is a lot of tattoing to get done in that time obviously. However, are we sure it is the same Skylar? Apologies if it was pointed out previously but during sex she mentions "Together as one again..." Makes me think this is a future version of the character and the other version might return at somepoint to do it for the first time.

Anyways, I've enjoyed the game so far. Feels a lot like 12 Monkies and a bunch of other genre shows mixed together.
There is certainly something sus with her disappearing, surely related to time travel. She either traveled in time herself, or it's another version as you said.

Yes I'm pretty sure it's intended as an incest game, but alas patreon TOS beg to differ. Though I don't know why the incest modder (who is totally not the dev ;) ) has stopped it. I hope it'll come back with public release.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
There is certainly something sus with her disappearing, surely related to time travel. She either traveled in time herself, or it's another version as you said.
The theory is fairly popular, but since she doesn't seem to have aged she won't have been gone that long or be from too far in the future. It also seems like when you leave one "era" you're actually missing from that timeline for however long you travel for, so she'd have been gone for a few days at most.

She could be from a different parallel timeline / universe though, assuming such travel is possible. The MC seems to go back and forth in the same timeline, but the appearance of Darci2 might change things a bit.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Redd23 and Dunner

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022

The Skylar from 0.6 being a somewhat older "time traveled" version of herself was one of the possibilities discussed when 0.6 came out, if I remember correctly. Considering we now saw another Darci (which also means it was likely her in an earlier scene as well) it seems to be increasingly likely that she might be traveling through time as well.

My guess would be that if Patreon wouldn't forbid it, Ripples would likely be an incest story. I haven't followed this game from the beginning, so I've no idea if it might've even been with incest in mind in the beginning before Patreon started to crack down on such content.

The theory is fairly popular, but since she doesn't seem to have aged she won't have been gone that long or be from too far in the future. It also seems like when you leave one "era" you're actually missing from that timeline for however long you travel for, so she'd have been gone for a few days at most.

She could be from a different parallel timeline / universe though, assuming such travel is possible. The MC seems to go back and forth in the same timeline, but the appearance of Darci2 might change things a bit.
Well, we now had Darci appearing twice during a time she was already in, so the time travel seems to be more flexible than it was initially and with what felt a bit like a retcon with all the new stuff around the time machine, that wouldn't really be surprising.

May 13, 2018
Having worked with Honey Select for years, I have to say: I'm flabbergasted by the animation I saw in the recent Scarlet stuff. Has there been some kind of massive improvement in animation tools for HS since I've been away, or did I just never come across them in the first place? It's good stuff. I'm jealous.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Having worked with Honey Select for years, I have to say: I'm flabbergasted by the animation I saw in the recent Scarlet stuff. Has there been some kind of massive improvement in animation tools for HS since I've been away, or did I just never come across them in the first place? It's good stuff. I'm jealous.
in recent years some devs really kicked it up a notch in terms of animations, tho it's still not the norm I would say. Ripples is very good, although there are some others that are even better.

Reactions: Forgotted and pitao
May 13, 2018
in recent years some devs really kicked it up a notch in terms of animations, tho it's still not the norm I would say. Ripples is very good, although there are some others that are even better.
I only tried dabbling with animation, but just as far as posing goes, it always seemed like a huge challenge to try to get things like hands and breasts to interact well, without the meshes just clipping through each other.

What I saw here looked like everything was behaving believably, with is impressive.

Reactions: pitao

pitao

May 18, 2023
Well in terms of HS1/2 animations* I count like 1 or 2 HS2 games that are slightly better at least from the games I know, maybe there is more. I still have to find any HS1 game (not even PC, they are good but slightly worse than Ripples imo) that have such smooth and also quantity of small animations that imo give this the edge to put on par with those HS2 games animation wise and even compared with many daz/blender games that don't give a crap to those small important details that make you immerse even more into the game/story.

*and also transitions between renders and scenes, camera angles, lightning and other details that improve storytelling.

Ripples keep making me open my mouth in awe and amazement in each update with (small and not so small) things I never saw in any AVN and you notice that Jestur improves in each update on overall quality in each department of the game.
Yeah I couldn't wait more for the public release and started playing today the current Beta version, mostly based on user feedback that the version is stable and had no other game update to play atm.

Jestur should study cinema lol probably would turn into a good director as well if directing actors, camera and lightning/angle skills match those in whatever programs the dev uses to make Ripples.

4.80 star(s) 314 Votes