OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
I thought it was rather comical that Argay (name probably wrong, the billionaire) who has been openly hitting on and seducing a married woman leading up to the island....then gets morally offended that she's married and kissed him earlier. Even with Rick being there on the same island, the billionaire playboy who went through all the trouble seducing and leading up to the island gets a last minute moral adjustment, and Cora suddenly realizes she loves Rick so much that she could never betray him ever again.
It was jarring enough of a personality switch for Argay and Cora that it made me laugh. This update is for a vanilla playthrough where neither partner cheats. The dev screwed up combining the strait vanilla choices with the corrupt/cheating. The corrupt/cheating choices should have had Cora following through cucking Rick while he's in the next room. Just because Cora and Rick go to a guys private island together doesn't automatically erase all cheating and betrayals before.
I hope I'm wrong, but it left me with the feeling this Dev has caved to the anti-NTR trolls, and is adjusting his story on the fly to cater to their demands.
The whole Argay(Maybe wrong name,I don't give a fuck) affair is a total joke. Cora needs and desires a protector like Rick as the story has stated before. And we have Argay, a weak and soon-to-be-dead man whose the cartel is after him. He will definitely be dead without Rick future help. And Dev will even give a storyline of Argay as a choice for Core to re-marry. What a joke. For Cora cheating path (especially for male lover), it shows how twisted she was towards her marriage. She wants to have fun with other men while she is still lusting for Rick. Cheat with the young man at the firm is reasonable but to even further approach to Crow(Rick's family friend) and Jake(one of Rick best friends) are unbelievable. The type of story in this game isn't NTR vibe which focus cucking male MC but it will definitely lead to bad ending if you follow this path.

I love playing the open marriage path which both Rick and Cora cheating but let Cora only have fun with girls due to her lesbian relationship history which make more sense to me in story. For Cora having sex with female lovers aren't even obviously stated as cheating by the story telling. This update is really good for me. Enjoy playing.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
She wants to have fun with other men while she is still lusting for Rick. Cheat with the young man at the firm is reasonable but to even further approach to Crow(Rick's family friend) and Jake(one of Rick best friends) are unbelievable. The type of story in this game isn't NTR vibe which focus cucking male MC but it will definitely lead to bad ending if you follow this path.
Bad ending for Cora, Crow, Jake, and the intern maybe, but not for Rick (he's not hurting for choices, and he's considering ending things already depending on the playthrough).
Not all women are like Cora, but I'm convinced through personal experiences that a wife selecting close and trusted people to have an affair with is a lot more likely than some strange from the bar. The husband has no idea he's a cuck, as the secret getting out would devastate everything...which is why your best friend/relative will work just as hard as the cheating wife to make sure it stays secret. *hence why someone close to the husband is usually chosen*

Last edited:

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Ok this isn't funny anymore, I feel like last 5 updates have basically 0 progression because of my choices :D Every time it's oh next update this path continues and then nope. Beggars can't be choosers and all that, but let's not act like infidelity is not a big part of this game so holding back its content for so long seems silly.
I mean, this is what happens when you have this many branching variations of a plotline without either cutting them down or merging them into other branches. I think a lot of devs forget that variation can be shown in dialogue as opposed to actual scenes.

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
Another game where "there's a girl in it so it's female protagonist" holds true lmao.
Jesus Christ.
Not really, this game is one of the few ones where multiple protagonists tag is used correctly. You control Rick as well as Cora for better part of the game unlike some others where they put that tag just for having different pov or if said pov is just minor part of the game, which although right according to site rules but can be quite misleading.

Reactions: Cedrog

alyssssssssss

Jan 24, 2024
I loved this game, it was one of my favourites, but unfortunately, Dev did not solve the basic problems, on the contrary, to my regret, he created many, and one of the serious points, as many of you have said, is the management of Cora and her undisputed way of relating the dynamics, you cannot choose the sharing or cheating version, only to then find Cora who creates the doubt whether to betray or not, as with Daniel, who says, 1 or 50 times, by now I have betrayed Rick, the I'll stay if you'll forgive me, the number of lovers doesn't matter, ridiculous, therefore, you can fuck 100 people or 1, which doesn't create the problem, you cheated anyway, but what's the reasoning, then you fuck the BBC, Beth's husband is best friend by Rick, when the night before your friend Beth told you the fundamental rules she has with her husband about sharing, Cora with only one fuck, cancel those rules, don't fuck with your friend's partner without permission, don't fuck in the master bedroom, and another, but I hope Cora is killed by MC or Russian mafia, because she is the most evil and vulgar character in the game.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I loved this game, it was one of my favourites, but unfortunately, Dev did not solve the basic problems, on the contrary, to my regret, he created many, and one of the serious points, as many of you have said, is the management of Cora and her undisputed way of relating the dynamics, you cannot choose the sharing or cheating version, only to then find Cora who creates the doubt whether to betray or not, as with Daniel, who says, 1 or 50 times, by now I have betrayed Rick, the I'll stay if you'll forgive me, the number of lovers doesn't matter, ridiculous, therefore, you can fuck 100 people or 1, which doesn't create the problem, you cheated anyway, but what's the reasoning, then you fuck the BBC, Beth's husband is best friend by Rick, when the night before your friend Beth told you the fundamental rules she has with her husband about sharing, Cora with only one fuck, cancel those rules, don't fuck with your friend's partner without permission, don't fuck in the master bedroom, and another, but I hope Cora is killed by MC or Russian mafia, because she is the most evil and vulgar character in the game.
But you're CHOOSING to take that path. You're directing Cora as such. There are multiple choice forks before then.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Even ignoring all the other good reasons to argue that facepalm reactions should be brought back, this stupid ass post makes the case for it entirely on its own.
8dqwlj.jpg

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Hmmmm.. your logic is very strange... you hate Cora so much because YOU YOURSELF forced her to be a whore and cheat on Rick... dude.... :cautious:

Personally, I’m a Rick/Cora fan, and in my playthrough she always supports her husband, what’s stopping you from trying too?

alyssssssssss

Jan 24, 2024
Hmmmm.. your logic is very strange... you hate Cora so much because YOU YOURSELF forced her to be a whore and cheat on Rick... dude.... :cautious:

Personally, I’m a Rick/Cora fan, and in my playthrough she always supports her husband, what’s stopping you from trying too?

forgive me, it seems logical to you that while Cora is fucking anyone, she has the courage to criticize Rick, and to justify that 1 or 100 fucks are the same, she cheated anyway, my English isn't the best, I apologize, but I find the management of the choices you have with Cora. that was my point

• Angry
Reactions: Cedrog

alyssssssssss

Jan 24, 2024
I just said that Cora's character isn't handled in the best way, in my opinion, Ash is more congenial than Cora, I don't think I've talked shit about the game, but only about one character, I'd be happy if an MC route kills both Cora and her Lover. It's my opinion and wish.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I just said that Cora's character isn't handled in the best way, in my opinion, Ash is more congenial than Cora, I don't think I've talked shit about the game, but only about one character, I'd be happy if an MC route kills both Cora and her Lover. It's my opinion and wish.
But you directed them to that route! If you're saying the story you enjoy is one where Cora first cheats on MC, then MC kills Cora and her lover, that's fine, but you created the story. Stop framing it as though the first part is automatically a given, and you can only decide the ending.

Bom969

Jul 25, 2019
Is Rick able to have sex/kiss with sam in any path right now when he goes to her house post the trip?

MEMUAR

Oct 5, 2021
Oh, my friend, this is not what I expected in the update. This is a game about a criminal boss, after all:) I expected that Rick would find out about Cora's infidelities along one of the routes and Cora would get retribution! I don't mean murder or physical violence, but psychologically, Cora should be very severely punished! I am sure that thanks to your writing skills, you could very beautifully describe the volcano of emotions in Rick's soul, his bitterness and disappointment. And, subsequently, Cora's deep remorse and all her tremendous efforts to get back to Rick. Although I know from life experience that women are not capable of feeling guilty:KEK: But it's a game, isn't it? I was disappointed when I saw so much vanilla syrup in the latest version:) Okay, long story short, more drama, more drama!

but! Don't mind my whining, it's just my wet fantasies :) Follow your artistic sense, you make a wonderful game!

miller205

Oct 13, 2019
keep getting this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 56606, in script call
    call ch7rcmorningsex from _call_ch7rcmorningsex
  File "game/script.rpy", line 57378, in script call
    call rach_rel from _call_rach_rel
  File "game/sexscenes/ch9_rick_cora_kulonsex.rpy", line 660, in script
    jump chapter10
ScriptError: could not find label 'chapter10'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 56606, in script call
    call ch7rcmorningsex from _call_ch7rcmorningsex
  File "game/script.rpy", line 57378, in script call
    call rach_rel from _call_rach_rel
  File "game/sexscenes/ch9_rick_cora_kulonsex.rpy", line 660, in script
    jump chapter10
  File "C:\Users\keith\Desktop\RiseOfTheCrimeLordNormalENG-0.12-Alpha-1.-pc-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\keith\Desktop\RiseOfTheCrimeLordNormalENG-0.12-Alpha-1.-pc-compressed\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'chapter10'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Rise of the Crime Lord Normal v0.12 Alpha 1. ENG 0.12-Alpha-1.
Sun Jan 28 09:57:28 2024
any ideal how to fix this is closes out the game

3.60 star(s) 48 Votes