VN - Ren'Py - Rise of the Crime Lord [v0.12b Alpha 2 Extended] [IziRider]

1. 3.00 star(s)

botc76

This is a game that suffers greatly from the bad English translation.
    When I played through it, it didn't feel as if it was badly written, but as if it had just been translated word for word in English, which leads to weird sentences and words which just don't have the same contextual meaning they probably have in the devs own tongue.

The game already has a lot of content at version 0.5. Hours of gameplay (due to the horrible Engrish I actually skipped a few bits here and there, so it would be even longer if you read every little conversation in full) and several sex scenes.

There are many gorgeous women and by having most of them already be well known to the MC, you can show quite a lot of sex early in the game, which is definitely a plus.

While not being terribly original, the characters and the story are well made and entertaining enough that I waded through a swamp of really horrible English to get to the end of the current build.

ROTCL would have easily gotten 4 stars from me, perhaps even five if the English was better.
    That should be the devs first priority now, get someone to fix the English translation so that it doesn't drag an otherwise really good game down with it.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Giovany

my thoughts for 0-5b

WHAT THE FUCK is happening who am i? who is this? why are these characters ugly? what the fuck is going on? who is my father who is my mother? what am i choosing? why my choise doesnt affect the game? why i only watch people fuck around?

and will i come back for second time? answer is no
    there is literally no story you dont know whats happening and game wont tell you .

its just a waste of time
  3. 3.00 star(s)

ChuckyF16

This VN has the potential to be flat out amazing, and arguably could be one of the greats. Reading the oh so painful English translation several times almost made me delete the game entirely. The renders are OK. Not horrible, but then again not anything to get all fired up about either. On the plus side though, while the renders are only fair the girls themselves are very good. Varied in appearance, unique, and sexy, the babes are just that....babes.
    But here is where this VN shines like a diamond: the story. The story in this VN just grabbed me, and really pulled me in, and despite the horrible English translation that at points is almost unreadable, I found myself really wanting to know what was going to happen next.
    Want more? The choices you make actually make a difference in the arc of the story. Just incredible.
    So despite the so-so renders, and despite the terrible English translation, this is still a game I recommend.
    Now can we get the Dev a strong translator to help with the English? That would make this game a 5 star game.
    Bump up the render quality as well?.....this could end up being talked about with some of the other greats.
    Really hope to see more. Congrats to the Dev on an amazing story and fun VN.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Micsuking

Very good so far, the story is interesting and most characters are likable (Except for Sam, idk why but I dislike her). The grammar needs some serious fixing, but you probably won't have a problem with understanding what it is trying to convey.

Mellesleg, nagyon meglepett amikor hirtelen magyart kezdtem el olvasni néhány helyen. A fordításokból is érezhető hogy magyar gyártású ez, a kedvencem a "faszom akarja"="my dick wants to."
  5. 5.00 star(s)

chrisccd

Rise of The Crime Lord is a nice VN with a solid story. The most impressive thing is how dev builds the relationship between different characters. In this game, characters don't simply love or hate each other, almost every character has complex feelings for another. For example, MC and his wife Cora, Cora and Judit's family, MC and Tim and so on. There are plenty of details of mental activities, which helps showing the personalities of the characters. Every now and then you can feel the tension between them. In addition, MC and female characters are good-looking. Renders are not AAA level but I think they're at least A level. The only problem is translation but I don't really mind(Sorry for my bad English), since I'm not an English speaker myself. Generally a 5/5 game.:)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Vasilji

+ Deep and good story
    + Sexy and likeable girls
    + Choises make differents, too many paths.

- Renders not top notch ,but not too bad
    - Sex scenes short

Good game, you should give a chance.
    4.5 star.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

dobzzz

A really good crime vn with a nice pace and built most of the choices have some impact on the game it has fairly nice render and quite ok characters much better than most of the overrated vn here the only problem I see here is the development time because it's quite long and ppl are starting to think this game is gonna be abandoned soon hope it no the case because this one is a rare gem
  8. 5.00 star(s)

CvtBfg

From the beggining i had the right feeling. 'Original'
    Original is the word !
    Very carefuly building of characters, authentic dialogs, renders of top quality and a story that will keep you fixed and thinking (alot).
    I cant wait for the next update !!!
    Well done [IziRider] .
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Nope

This game is better than I expected. The English is somewhat painful to read, some transitions between scenes are jarring, and some of the renders are lazy BUT it gets a lot right. The story is appealing. Can't really say I dislike any of the characters. The majority of the renders are good. Would be a solid 4 star with a good translation.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

troll822

This would easily be a 5 star game if the translation wasn't horrific. I like this game very much, but the English, especially after Episode 1 are really bad. You can follow the story but weird English completely shred immersion. The renders are good, the women are hot and attractive.
    The story is interesting enough.

I would give this game 3 stars for the English alone... but broken English is a minor problem for me.

Synopsis: The renders are good, the girls are hot, the story flows. The English though are bad.
    Would move to 5 stars if English improve.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Anders Oppenheimer

Solid story, good writing (bad translation though), believable characters, beautiful female cast. Personally, I like a lot improved Cora's cheating scene. The game has good potential, but there is already enough content to enjoy.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Renaulto

I gave RotCL 4 stars really because of the potential that exists. The rendering is done nicely, the story is solid, and the overall dialogue is good. There is some obvious grammar issues, but nothing that you can't understand. As a Crime Lord, the story can go a ton of routes. Multiple businesses can be started which would open new locations, and more.

I do recommend playing RotCL, and giving it the chance it deserves,